Electrify America/Public non tesla charging rant.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:31 am The whole electrify everything rollout is just a huge botch job in this country.

Gov decides to mandate this despite knowing nothing.
Manufacturers respond to it by building a bunch of expensive, not eco friendly vehicles that are pretty useless for most middle income people.
Tax incentives paid for by said middle income people primarily benefit a bunch of rich people buying dumb cars that are worse for our infrastructure and the planet than what all the poors are driving.

Just a big fail by overzealous politicians... :ohwell: At least there are still plenty of nice gas cars out there for the rest of us.
Cars over 79k don’t qualify and people making over 250k as a couple and individuals making over 150k don’t qualify so I’m not sure the “middle class”’is paying for the rich. So I don’t agree with that statement. It’s exactly aimed at the middle class.

The rest with that gov is spot on.
Those limits only apply when you're buying. When you lease, it all goes out the window...and nearly all of these ultra expensive EVs are leased for this exact reason. I wouldn't say the middle class in particular is paying for them, but overall, the tax payer in general is paying for all of it. The limits do effectively nothing. All EVs are being subsidized.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MrH42 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:32 am
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:42 pm

Cars over 79k don’t qualify and people making over 250k as a couple and individuals making over 150k don’t qualify so I’m not sure the “middle class”’is paying for the rich. So I don’t agree with that statement. It’s exactly aimed at the middle class.

The rest with that gov is spot on.
Those limits only apply when you're buying. When you lease, it all goes out the window...and nearly all of these ultra expensive EVs are leased for this exact reason. I wouldn't say the middle class in particular is paying for them, but overall, the tax payer in general is paying for all of it. The limits do effectively nothing. All EVs are being subsidized.
which was the gov'ts goal all along.
Desertbreh wrote: I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff wrote: Inserting 'nobody jerks it harder to the Miata than Brad' quote.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:34 am
MrH42 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:32 am

which was the gov'ts goal all along.
Yep. I hate it all. The govt trying to ban and subsidize everything distorts the market so bad and creates all sorts of bizarro incentives.