OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:24 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:43 pm

:iono: man... as a long term owner of a turbo four equipped :truk: ... it is better than a natty six. Does sound heinous though.
It's the shitty gas mileage that kills me. The Jeep is efficient for what it is. If you're gonna get 15mpg, you should have brubs.
:notwrong: V8 is king in any of this shit and 100% worth the MPGee hit for sound, powah, durability, towing, etc. But some run of the mill V6 isn't really a loss worth bemoaning for a more torque filled replacement.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:13 pm Love that Toyota logic ….
Chop off 4 cylinders …
Chop off 2 seats
Chop off legindary simplicity and reliability
Charge MORE no one will fucking notice
Yeah the whole 4 cylinder thing can suck it. Much like the new Colorado. Errbody LOVES this truck, MT truck of the year, blah blah. ZR2 starts @ under $50K. And yet, errbody says the 4 cylinder turbo sucks. It sounds terrible and gets TERRIBLE, V-8esque fuel mileage. You can't have a great truck without a great engine. Period.
Colorado 3.6 ain’t nothing to write home about :doe: but we’re talking Land Cruiser!! An iconic nameplate going back to the years when a nuked nation decided to copy and improve the vehicle of their conqueror and stick em where it hurts.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm

Yeah the whole 4 cylinder thing can suck it. Much like the new Colorado. Errbody LOVES this truck, MT truck of the year, blah blah. ZR2 starts @ under $50K. And yet, errbody says the 4 cylinder turbo sucks. It sounds terrible and gets TERRIBLE, V-8esque fuel mileage. You can't have a great truck without a great engine. Period.
Colorado 3.6 ain’t nothing to write home about :doe: but we’re talking Land Cruiser!! An iconic nameplate going back to the years when a nuked nation decided to copy and improve the vehicle of their conqueror and stick em where it hurts.
And at $90K, I'd expect something a bit more interesting engine-wise, but :whocares: The markup :bs: won't last, those days are over. At $75K, well, that's just the price of a regular SUV now :iono: :disappoint:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:16 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 pm

And at $90K, I'd expect something a bit more interesting engine-wise, but :whocares: The markup :bs: won't last, those days are over. At $75K, well, that's just the price of a regular SUV now :iono: :disappoint:
No it isn't. A regular SUV is 35-55k. Don't normalize this BS. Most people in this country can't afford that shit without 84-92 month stretch pay.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man, it's taking a lot of effort to not tell management to suck my fucking balls today. Thank god it's almost a long weekend.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 pm

The thumbs down is very funny.

I still haven't seen one, I guess I'm just lucky like that.
I’ve tried to get in the habit of throwing a thumbs down instead of flipping other drivers off when they pull shit stunts. It’s great. Rather than inciting more road rage, they usually just look a little sheepish after seeing it. It keeps my blood pressure lower too as I don’t find myself getting as worked up doing it.
Normally i just give them a judgy look
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:38 pm Man, it's taking a lot of effort to not tell management to suck my fucking balls today. Thank god it's almost a long weekend.
:lolol:
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:38 pm Man, it's taking a lot of effort to not tell management to suck my fucking balls today. Thank god it's almost a long weekend.
:lolol:

LMK what happens if you get lazy
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Anyone doing anything with the long weekend? Buddy is coming down from Seattle tomorrow to stay for a few nights. He’s getting more into gym stuff and hired a coach recently, so we’re just gonna be meatheads and lift, cook, and eat all weekend. Wants me to take him through some stuff in the gym to check his form and shit. Should be fun.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:25 pm Anyone doing anything with the long weekend? Buddy is coming down from Seattle tomorrow to stay for a few nights. He’s getting more into gym stuff and hired a coach recently, so we’re just gonna be meatheads and lift, cook, and eat all weekend. Wants me to take him through some stuff in the gym to check his form and shit. Should be fun.
I dunno long weeks suck balls now with a sub 1 year old kid. So probably some boring ass local shit.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:25 pm Anyone doing anything with the long weekend? Buddy is coming down from Seattle tomorrow to stay for a few nights. He’s getting more into gym stuff and hired a coach recently, so we’re just gonna be meatheads and lift, cook, and eat all weekend. Wants me to take him through some stuff in the gym to check his form and shit. Should be fun.
Attending the Indy 5hundo. Gonna try to get a ride back to Charlotte for the 600 on the Hendrick jet but that's a .000009% chance of happening.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tuesday we leave for a 3 night stay in the Poconos with the kids. The Airbnb we rented has arcade games, shuffle board, a swing set, and a bunch of other cool things to do. Hoping we take a few hikes and explore the area. Shouldn’t be too tough with B now that she’s sleeping a bit better. Just gotta pack the carrier and some bottles.

My parents arrive today as well. They’re staying with us for 2 weeks.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:59 am
I dunno long weeks suck balls now with a sub 1 year old kid. So probably some boring ass local shit.
How old is the munchkin? Around 1 yo we started some bigger trips staying at airbnbs. Worked pretty well. You have to pack a lot but you have a truck so I’d assume you have plenty of ability to bring shit.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:02 am
max225 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:59 am

How old is the munchkin? Around 1 yo we started some bigger trips staying at airbnbs. Worked pretty well. You have to pack a lot but you have a truck so I’d assume you have plenty of ability to bring shit.
8 months of pure joy
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:54 am

8 months of pure joy
Met up with my buddy, his wife, and their 2.5 week old baby briefly at a farmer’s market yesterday. They’ve had a rough start with baby life. Kid wasn’t latching. Lost more of his bodyweight than he ought to have, so their doctor had them waking him every 2 hours to feed and put some weight back on him. They just got cleared yesterday to let him sleep and only feed him when he wakes up due to actually being hungry. Hope things smooth out for them.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:05 pm

8 months of pure joy
Met up with my buddy, his wife, and their 2.5 week old baby briefly at a farmer’s market yesterday. They’ve had a rough start with baby life. Kid wasn’t latching. Lost more of his bodyweight than he ought to have, so their doctor had them waking him every 2 hours to feed and put some weight back on him. They just got cleared yesterday to let him sleep and only feed him when he wakes up due to actually being hungry. Hope things smooth out for them.
That’s us with #2. #1 was even worse. So much screaming.
Johnny_P

8 months of pure joy
Yeah you’re in the thick of it. Hopefully you’re getting longer stretches of sleep now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So much to look forward to :lolol;

We decided to head to the beach this weekend. Grabbed a hotel in Charleston, hanging out, did a bike ride yesterday and a run today, some beach hanging, sunset walks, lots of :fatty:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:57 am
Attending the Indy 5hundo. Gonna try to get a ride back to Charlotte for the 600 on the Hendrick jet but that's a .000009% chance of happening.
That would be siiiick though.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:35 pm So much to look forward to :lolol;

We decided to head to the beach this weekend. Grabbed a hotel in Charleston, hanging out, did a bike ride yesterday and a run today, some beach hanging, sunset walks, lots of :fatty:
Just missed me. Left Folly this morning.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:35 pm So much to look forward to :lolol;

Do this as much as possible. Because you won’t be doing shit from the time she is 7+ months pregs and about 6 months after that. I haven’t been home past 8pm in over a year. And trips with the kid … well they are different to say the least.
Last edited by max225 on Sun May 26, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:47 pm

8 months of pure joy
Yeah you’re in the thick of it. Hopefully you’re getting longer stretches of sleep now.
Sleep is weird for sure. First 3 months were bad then great then bad now decent. It seems to be super unpredictable for everyone
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

Did a shrimp boil then slummed in the front yard in a blowup pool yesterday drinking far too many beers
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:00 am
Did a shrimp boil then slummed in the front yard in a blowup pool yesterday drinking far too many beers
:notbad:

Went for an early AM sunrise bike ride in Charleston yesterday, wife and I took a walk and watched some birds and dolphins, got some lunch, then drove home.
SAWCE

Shrimp boil sounds good. As does a beach trip.