OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:29 pm Hey Guys.

Your day sounds 5/7, :sawce: Nicely done.

I spent my Mother's Day making funeral arrangements because my mom passed this morning. What's kinda funny is I was born on a Mother's Day so she welcomed me into the world on MD and I saw her out of it on MD.
My condolences wappimou, let us know for any assistance :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Appreciate it, guys. Spent the day first at the cemetery finalizing things, then we began the work of cleaning out mom's apartment. We're finding little notes from her that she wrote years ago and stashed all over the place, identifying what something was or what she wanted to be buried with, etc. Wake tomorrow and funeral Wednesday should be tough, but it's all good. It's what she finally wanted as she was tired and ready to go. After 93 years she got to go when she wanted to, which is 5/7.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What do you guys pay for registration fees in your respective states ?

Here in cali it is roughly 1.5% of the car's value per year. Curious what ya'll are seeing.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 pm What do you guys pay for registration fees in your respective states ?

Here in cali it is roughly 1.5% of the car's value per year. Curious what ya'll are seeing.
:lolol:

here in blount county its like 40 a year. you pay taxes n the car once. Miata is like 80 with the personal plate. Electric cars have an additional 200 dollar road use tax per year starting last year, and 100 for hybrids. It does vary by county in TN, I know Knoxville is about double what Blount is.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:46 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 pm What do you guys pay for registration fees in your respective states ?

:lolol:

here in blount county its like 40 a year. you pay taxes n the car once. Miata is like 80 with the personal plate. Electric cars have an additional 200 dollar road use tax per year starting last year, and 100 for hybrids. It does vary by county in TN, I know Knoxville is about double what Blount is.
So you can buy a 300k G wagen and pay $40 a year ? Nice !
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Flat fees here, with a few different qualifiers. We live in Multnomah county, so we have the dumb fucking $112 fee on top of the $136. So $248, and our tags are good for two years. Not terrible. Would be great if we lived in any other county. Seems backwards that better MGP vehicles have higher fees :iono:

https://www.oregon.gov/odot/dmv/pages/fees/vehicle.aspx
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:13 pm

Flat fees here, with a few different qualifiers. We live in Multnomah county, so we have the dumb fucking $112 fee on top of the $136. So $248, and our tags are good for two years. Not terrible. Would be great if we lived in any other county. Seems backwards that better MGP vehicles have higher fees :iono:

Fascinating the more mpg your vehicle gets the more expensive it is to register !
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:13 pm

Fascinating the more mpg your vehicle gets the more expensive it is to register !
Right? You’d think vehicles older than 2000 would drop off in fees too, but they just get that flat $126.
golftdibrad1

"The index for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services moved up 0.4 percent in April after rising 0.2 percent in March. For the 12 months ended in April, prices for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services increased 3.1 percent, the largest advance since climbing 3.4 percent for the 12 months ended April 2023."
5 fucking percent inflation still; how is FJbidenmomincs working for you? Id everyone getting 5% bumps in pay this year?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Just got a text from my cousin last night that her wedding next year is in Turks and Caicos at the Beaches Resort. $500 per person per night and the hotel allows kids.

:yuno:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am Just got a text from my cousin last night that her wedding next year is in Turks and Caicos at the Beaches Resort. $500 per person per night and the hotel allows kids.

Livin large
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am Just got a text from my cousin last night that her wedding next year is in Turks and Caicos at the Beaches Resort. $500 per person per night and the hotel allows kids.

That's a no from me dog.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Shits gonna cost everyone like $2k to go. I'm of the opinion that if you're having a wedding that requires EVERYONE get on an airplane you should be paying for travel or the accommodations.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Just decline. It's not reasonable to expect cousins to drop $2k to attend the wedding. I wouldn't spend that kind of money for a cousin's wedding.
golftdibrad1

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:05 am Shits gonna cost everyone like $2k to go. I'm of the opinion that if you're having a wedding that requires EVERYONE get on an airplane you should be paying for travel or the accommodations.
yea, f that. just send a gift
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Here's a set of monogrammed towels from Etsy for $39.95.
Happy Wedding
Desertbreh

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:05 am Shits gonna cost everyone like $2k to go. I'm of the opinion that if you're having a wedding that requires EVERYONE get on an airplane you should be paying for travel or the accommodations.
I'm going to take a different tack here. https://www.beaches.com/resorts/turks-caicos/ Does this look like misery to you? Would you rather she had the wedding in Scranton, PA? It's an opportunity to have a good time if you can budget it and you don't even have to care if you like your cousin or not? CLEARLY, you are not expected to go. Sounds like fun to me. It's all inclusive? Send pics of your 4th Mai Tai of each morning to DFD? Maybe get laid?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Why is going to a wedding a requirement. Seems like this is done on purpose to keep the headcount low as a lot of people will decline
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:48 am
Why is going to a wedding a requirement. Seems like this is done on purpose to keep the headcount low as a lot of people will decline
:dat:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Yeah fuck that. To me, the whole point of a destination wedding is to thin the herd while still “inviting” people.

Thank god the couple who I thought would be getting married in Italy are just doing a courthouse wedding in SD in June this year instead. I don’t even have to go to that because Michelle and I will be in SD the weekend before for our baby shower and I’m not flying down back to back weeks or taking a week off of work for one of her friends that I don’t even like.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:40 pm Yeah fuck that. To me, the whole point of a destination wedding is to thin the herd while still “inviting” people.

Thank god the couple who I thought would be getting married in Italy are just doing a courthouse wedding in SD in June this year instead. I don’t even have to go to that because Michelle and I will be in SD the weekend before for our baby shower and I’m not flying down back to back weeks or taking a week off of work for one of her friends that I don’t even like.
From Gucci to Poverty
golftdibrad1

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:40 pm Yeah fuck that. To me, the whole point of a destination wedding is to thin the herd while still “inviting” people.

From Gucci to Poverty
EYE-TALLIAN ALPs to Sandy Eggo slums
SAWCE

From Gucci to Poverty
Yep… I recently found out that dude is deeeeeep in debt. I figured he was doing well financially.. he had a company he started making motorcycle boots with lights in them that sync with your turn signals and brakes.. but he just mismanaged the shit out of it, was living like some baller all while digging a deeper and deeper hole. He takes her on all these trips that are apparently funded by his credit card lol. She doesn’t think she can do better than him, and she’s 6 months pregnant with his kid, so she’s still going through with the wedding. Wild.

Good luck!
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:49 pm

From Gucci to Poverty
Yep… I recently found out that dude is deeeeeep in debt. I figured he was doing well financially.. he had a company he started making motorcycle boots with lights in them that sync with your turn signals and brakes.. but he just mismanaged the shit out of it, was living like some baller all while digging a deeper and deeper hole. He takes her on all these trips that are apparently funded by his credit card lol. She doesn’t think she can do better than him, and she’s 6 months pregnant with his kid, so she’s still going through with the wedding. Wild.

Good luck!
Sounds like they deserve each other!
Desertbreh