DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:14 pm

As you build muscle your metabolism will also improve a bit too. The whole ‘metabolism goes to shit at 30’ is complete bullshit. Most people just become completely inactive and complacent at 30 but continue eating like high schoolers who play sports and stuff daily.
QFT.

I won’t throw numbers out since I can’t remember them off the top of my head, but I’ve seen some meta analysis’s of studies that have looked at that, and the drop in metabolism with age is minimal and absolutely overstated and used as a scapegoat by people whose lifestyles simply aren’t what they used to be.
That's an interesting point that likely has a lot of truth to it. It seems obvious but I've just never thought of it like that.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:31 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:27 pm

That makes sense. I won’t be counting calories, so I guess I’ll just do extra cardio. And I’m going to up the weights like you said.

I would be interested to see your plan, I don’t want you to spend a bunch of time on, as Dan already pointed out, I didn’t pass middle school English. Plus I don’t wanna take a lot of your time. But I’m very intrigued.

Increasing the eight logic to make sure I fail earlier is my next step.
Bored, so I decided to ball out and buy the in-flight WiFi. Don’t mind spending some time on a plan. Lets me practice my skills as a coach, and gives me something to do on this flight.

I think an upper body/lower body split would work well for you and your goals. If you want to go to the gym more frequently on a regular basis, you could move to a push/pull/legs routine. Since time and efficiency are being prioritized, I’d have you do more machine and dumbbell based movements than barbell, and superset those movements using antagonistic muscle groups.

I’ll write the plan in this format to condense typing:
Movement A1/movement A2. Working sets for each, reps for each set.
Movement B1/B2.. etc.

For the supersets, do the first movement, then go immediately into the second movement. After both are done, rest 90-120 seconds and hit them both again in the same fashion.

I’m listing working sets, but I would hit 2-3 warm up sets before starting your working sets so that you can warm up, practice the movement, and make sure it’s feeling good that day. If it feels off, you can hit another warm up set to try to find the groove, or just replace it with another movement that hits the same muscle group.

With your joints in mind, I’d hit more of an isolation movement first to pre-exhaust the target muscle before getting into a heavier compound movement. This will keep the weights lower on your compound movements so we can hit failure with less weight and at a lower rep range. Once all working sets can be completed at the top end of the rep range listed for each, then I’d throw another 5lbs on for your next session. This should naturally have you back down towards the bottom of the range and give you a few weeks at each weight before being ready to move up again, also keeping your weights a little lower.

Upper:
Side delt raise (cable, machine, or dumbbell whatever your gym has, but try to use the same one each week. If you get to a point where you stall on one for 2-3 weeks, then I’d switch to one of the others. This applies to all listed options for exercises)/lat pullover (cable or machine (rare to have but great if you do)) 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Shoulder press (machine or dumbbell)/lat pulldown. 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Chest flye (machine, cable, or dumbbell)/rear delts. 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Chest press (machine or dumbbell)/chest supported row (t-bar, machine, or prone on bench with dumbbells or barbell). 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Skullcrusher/ez bar curl (or dumbbells). 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Cable tricep extension/preacher curl (machine, ez bar, or dumbbells). 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Lower:
Seated hamstring curl/quad extensions. 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Stiff legged deadlift/low foot leg press. 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Long step lunge (glute focus, you’ll get even more glutes if you lean forward in the bottom position and maximize hip flexion)/short step lunge (knee of forward leg pushing out over toe to maximize knee flexion and focus your quad, keep torso upright throughout to minimize hip flexion) 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Calve raise (seated, donkey, or standing) 3 sets 15-20 reps.

You should be able to get through each of those in about an hour, maybe a bit longer for upper, probably quicker for lower). I threw less lower body volume at you since you didn’t mention training it, so I figured it wasn’t as important to you, and if you’re just looking for a bit of swoleness, it’s your upper body that people will notice. Same reason for arms having slightly more volume than chest/shoulders/back. People notice big arms before they notice anything else. If any of the listed exercises are inaccessible to you at your gym (home garage gym?) I’m happy to tweak this to things you do have access to. For the chest supported rows, pull with your elbows higher, closer to 90degress from your torso and focus on squeezing shoulder blades together. This will hit that upper/middle back area while the pull overs and pull downs go more for your lats.

Ask any questions you have. Tell me you want push pull legs instead. Whatever you want. I just love doing shit like this lol.

With the upper/lower split you can train as many or as few days as you’d like, but my recommendation would be to either train every other day, or go upper, lower, rest, upper lower, rest, rest.. that second option keeps your weekends free (if you start with upper on Monday), and gets you a good amount of volume each week for every muscle group while still having a lot of time to recover and live life.
Aight! I’m gonna tack this up in my “gym” and try it Monday. I don’t go to a gym anymore. I just have a weight bench, bar, and a few sets of dumbbells in the garage. But I can mimic these exercises with those I think. Thanks for putting this together coach! Did you strategically choose your name Sawce? Because sauce has staying power! Juice expires quickly!

As Dan mentioned, I do get plenty of cardio in every week. I’ve been debating going back to the gym in my neighborhood doe. I just feel like I get more done at home.

I usually don’t work my legs, lower region, as I’m already naturally thick down there. I also like to stay nimble for pickleball. Not going pro or anything, but I’m in a few competitive leagues and I like to win. I don’t want to bulk up too much more in my lower body, but these could help with my endurance and lateral movement so gonna give them a go.

I just looked at my watches app just to see how much cardio I’ve gotten in May, and here’s the breakdown as I was curious. Here’s my totals since May 1:

Cycle: 99 miles, 8.5 hours
Pickleball: 7 hours (mostly singles)(best cardio workout I do by far)
Walking: 31.5 miles 10 hours ish

Non-cardio:
Weight lifting: 6 hours
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:21 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:31 pm

Bored, so I decided to ball out and buy the in-flight WiFi. Don’t mind spending some time on a plan. Lets me practice my skills as a coach, and gives me something to do on this flight.

I think an upper body/lower body split would work well for you and your goals. If you want to go to the gym more frequently on a regular basis, you could move to a push/pull/legs routine. Since time and efficiency are being prioritized, I’d have you do more machine and dumbbell based movements than barbell, and superset those movements using antagonistic muscle groups.

I’ll write the plan in this format to condense typing:
Movement A1/movement A2. Working sets for each, reps for each set.
Movement B1/B2.. etc.

For the supersets, do the first movement, then go immediately into the second movement. After both are done, rest 90-120 seconds and hit them both again in the same fashion.

I’m listing working sets, but I would hit 2-3 warm up sets before starting your working sets so that you can warm up, practice the movement, and make sure it’s feeling good that day. If it feels off, you can hit another warm up set to try to find the groove, or just replace it with another movement that hits the same muscle group.

With your joints in mind, I’d hit more of an isolation movement first to pre-exhaust the target muscle before getting into a heavier compound movement. This will keep the weights lower on your compound movements so we can hit failure with less weight and at a lower rep range. Once all working sets can be completed at the top end of the rep range listed for each, then I’d throw another 5lbs on for your next session. This should naturally have you back down towards the bottom of the range and give you a few weeks at each weight before being ready to move up again, also keeping your weights a little lower.

Upper:
Side delt raise (cable, machine, or dumbbell whatever your gym has, but try to use the same one each week. If you get to a point where you stall on one for 2-3 weeks, then I’d switch to one of the others. This applies to all listed options for exercises)/lat pullover (cable or machine (rare to have but great if you do)) 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Shoulder press (machine or dumbbell)/lat pulldown. 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Chest flye (machine, cable, or dumbbell)/rear delts. 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Chest press (machine or dumbbell)/chest supported row (t-bar, machine, or prone on bench with dumbbells or barbell). 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Skullcrusher/ez bar curl (or dumbbells). 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Cable tricep extension/preacher curl (machine, ez bar, or dumbbells). 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Lower:
Seated hamstring curl/quad extensions. 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Stiff legged deadlift/low foot leg press. 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Long step lunge (glute focus, you’ll get even more glutes if you lean forward in the bottom position and maximize hip flexion)/short step lunge (knee of forward leg pushing out over toe to maximize knee flexion and focus your quad, keep torso upright throughout to minimize hip flexion) 4 sets, 12-15 reps.

Calve raise (seated, donkey, or standing) 3 sets 15-20 reps.

You should be able to get through each of those in about an hour, maybe a bit longer for upper, probably quicker for lower). I threw less lower body volume at you since you didn’t mention training it, so I figured it wasn’t as important to you, and if you’re just looking for a bit of swoleness, it’s your upper body that people will notice. Same reason for arms having slightly more volume than chest/shoulders/back. People notice big arms before they notice anything else. If any of the listed exercises are inaccessible to you at your gym (home garage gym?) I’m happy to tweak this to things you do have access to. For the chest supported rows, pull with your elbows higher, closer to 90degress from your torso and focus on squeezing shoulder blades together. This will hit that upper/middle back area while the pull overs and pull downs go more for your lats.

Ask any questions you have. Tell me you want push pull legs instead. Whatever you want. I just love doing shit like this lol.

With the upper/lower split you can train as many or as few days as you’d like, but my recommendation would be to either train every other day, or go upper, lower, rest, upper lower, rest, rest.. that second option keeps your weekends free (if you start with upper on Monday), and gets you a good amount of volume each week for every muscle group while still having a lot of time to recover and live life.
Aight! I’m gonna tack this up in my “gym” and try it Monday. I don’t go to a gym anymore. I just have a weight bench, bar, and a few sets of dumbbells in the garage. But I can mimic these exercises with those I think. Thanks for putting this together coach! Did you strategically choose your name Sawce? Because sauce has staying power! Juice expires quickly!

As Dan mentioned, I do get plenty of cardio in every week. I’ve been debating going back to the gym in my neighborhood doe. I just feel like I get more done at home.

I usually don’t work my legs, lower region, as I’m already naturally thick down there. I also like to stay nimble for pickleball. Not going pro or anything, but I’m in a few competitive leagues and I like to win. I don’t want to bulk up too much more in my lower body, but these could help with my endurance and lateral movement so gonna give them a go.

I just looked at my watches app just to see how much cardio I’ve gotten in May, and here’s the breakdown as I was curious. Here’s my totals since May 1:

Non-cardio:
Haha sawce was bestowed upon me by a guy John (Jawn, Gunkata) way back when we were all on the MKVI forum. I’d gone by Balius back then (first initial last name) and told some story that led to him calling me Ballsawce, and that was eventually shortened to sawce.

For legs, feel free to stop short of failure and that will keep them from bulking up too much. You could also drop a set off each movement to keep volume down if you find you do enjoy the feeling of training to failure.

You absolutely crush calories with all that activity. That’s awesome. I can see why you don’t bother concerning yourself with counting calories. Most people just aren’t as active as they would like to believe they are, so we end up having to get really tight with how we control the calories they eat, but with your high activity level you’re running like a furnace and just burning through shit fast enough that you can get away with just keeping protein high and not being a glutton and you’ll hit your goals just fine.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:27 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:21 am

Non-cardio:
Haha sawce was bestowed upon me by a guy John (Jawn, Gunkata) way back when we were all on the MKVI forum. I’d gone by Balius back then (first initial last name) and told some story that led to him calling me Ballsawce, and that was eventually shortened to sawce.

For legs, feel free to stop short of failure and that will keep them from bulking up too much. You could also drop a set off each movement to keep volume down if you find you do enjoy the feeling of training to failure.

You absolutely crush calories with all that activity. That’s awesome. I can see why you don’t bother concerning yourself with counting calories. Most people just aren’t as active as they would like to believe they are, so we end up having to get really tight with how we control the calories they eat, but with your high activity level you’re running like a furnace and just burning through shit fast enough that you can get away with just keeping protein high and not being a glutton and you’ll hit your goals just fine.
Ball Sauce! I don’t think I can call you anything else now! Epic!!

Thanks for the workout plan. I’ll be trying to put it to use Monday and let you know the progress. Plan on trying to see my max bench tomorrow just as a barometer for where I’m at.

I’ll do anything to be able to enjoy a cold beer and not have to worry about what I’m eating. It’s crazy, I’ve always had a high motor and stamina. For the last three years, that’s been funneled into my business, but decided to say fuck that this year and get back to working out like I used to. Like Stanley said, “life is short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse”!
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:27 pm

Thanks for the workout plan. I’ll be trying to put it to use Monday and let you know the progress. Plan on trying to see my max bench tomorrow just as a barometer for where I’m at.

I’ll do anything to be able to enjoy a cold beer and not have to worry about what I’m eating. It’s crazy, I’ve always had a high motor and stamina. For the last three years, that’s been funneled into my business, but decided to say fuck that this year and get back to working out like I used to. Like Stanley said, “life is short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse”!
Hell yeah brother!

Happy to help. And happy to offer ideas for tweaks if anything in the plan just feel quite right for your anatomy, goals, or just personal preferences.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:55 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:47 pm

Hell yeah brother!

Happy to help. And happy to offer ideas for tweaks if anything in the plan just feel quite right for your anatomy, goals, or just personal preferences.
I did the upper body today ballsawce! Feeling great!
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:29 am

Hell yeah brother!

Nice! Glad to hear it! Hope it gives you some solid results over time
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:29 am

Hell yeah brother!

:nice:

I may actually try it out as well!
SAWCE

I run something similar myself, minus the supersets. I have an “upper” day of chest, shoulders, triceps, and back, then a “lower” day with biceps, forearms, calves, hams, and quads. Nice to alternate between the two.
Desertbreh

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:12 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:08 pm

QFT.

I won’t throw numbers out since I can’t remember them off the top of my head, but I’ve seen some meta analysis’s of studies that have looked at that, and the drop in metabolism with age is minimal and absolutely overstated and used as a scapegoat by people whose lifestyles simply aren’t what they used to be.
That's an interesting point that likely has a lot of truth to it. It seems obvious but I've just never thought of it like that.
The sword is double edged. When you were young you were more active and POOR. When you're poor you don't stop at the local tavern after work and throw down a couple of IPAs and a Manhattan to "take the edge off."
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:12 am

The sword is double edged. When you were young you were more active and POOR. When you're poor you don't stop at the local tavern after work and throw down a couple of IPAs and a Manhattan to "take the edge off."
:iono: I feel like my diet is probably improved by not being poor. I ate a lot of Taco Bell, Macdoe, and the like while poor. My diet at home was OK, but it mostly was rice, beans, frozen chicken breasts, frozen vegetables... not much fresh in there.

But your point that like 50% of office workers are functioning alcoholics is certainly valid and is a huge contributor. Not only are IPAs and Manhattans quite calorie intensive, they also almost fully eliminate the possibility of before or after work exercise.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm

:iono: I feel like my diet is probably improved by not being poor. I ate a lot of Taco Bell, Macdoe, and the like while poor. My diet at home was OK, but it mostly was rice, beans, frozen chicken breasts, frozen vegetables... not much fresh in there.

But your point that like 50% of office workers are functioning alcoholics is certainly valid and is a huge contributor. Not only are IPAs and Manhattans quite calorie intensive, they also almost fully eliminate the possibility of before or after work exercise.
Aint nobody got time to stop at an actual watering hole after work.

Life during the week is definitely a bit of a slough. Wake, workout (tv time too), work, home, eat, maybe 30 mins free time, baths, maybe an hour before bed with the wife.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 pm

Life during the week is definitely a bit of a slough. Wake, workout (tv time too), work, home, eat, maybe 30 mins free time, baths, maybe an hour before bed with the wife.
Not anyone in the throes of CF raising anyway.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm

:dat:

I think I've been to exactly zero work events since the twins were born. :ohwell:
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 pm

:dat:

I think I've been to exactly zero work events since the twins were born. :ohwell:
My small circle of guys out here fully understand what the gym means to me, and they’re great about still inviting me out but knowing that a lot of the times I’m going to skip and they’re all cool with it. I try to reciprocate by inviting them to hang when I have free time and by still showing up to things that maybe I don’t really want to just to show I appreciate that they still try to include me.

Having the baby will be a great excuse for other people who don’t get it and get offended when I don’t come to everything I’m invited to.
SAWCE

You boiz still making dem gains? I just finished the fifth week of my current training block and things are moving fucking smooth. Got my bloodwork done and things are looking good, which has helped me mentally since I thought I was looking at a few issues recently, but turned out to be a faulty test/equipment. Going into this training block I upped my test from 200mg/week to 300/week, and mast from 100mg/week to 150mg/week. I pulled deca down a bit from 80mg/week to 40mg/week because of the bad looking bloodwork, but now that I know my shit looks good I may increase that for my next training block. Test and mast are still very low doses, so those will increase too. Nice to be making gains on less than half the gear I used to run. Means I have a long runway ahead of me for scaling up the gear and keep the gain train rolling. Dieted down during my last training block from 240ish to 220. Slowly climbing back up. Sitting at 224 right now… been having a few more cheat meals than I ought to, so I’ll scale those back and keep things tight as I grow. Goal is to surpass my previous high of 255, but to be significantly leaner this time.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:38 pm You boiz still making dem gains? I just finished the fifth week of my current training block and things are moving fucking smooth. Got my bloodwork done and things are looking good, which has helped me mentally since I thought I was looking at a few issues recently, but turned out to be a faulty test/equipment. Going into this training block I upped my test from 200mg/week to 300/week, and mast from 100mg/week to 150mg/week. I pulled deca down a bit from 80mg/week to 40mg/week because of the bad looking bloodwork, but now that I know my shit looks good I may increase that for my next training block. Test and mast are still very low doses, so those will increase too. Nice to be making gains on less than half the gear I used to run. Means I have a long runway ahead of me for scaling up the gear and keep the gain train rolling. Dieted down during my last training block from 240ish to 220. Slowly climbing back up. Sitting at 224 right now… been having a few more cheat meals than I ought to, so I’ll scale those back and keep things tight as I grow. Goal is to surpass my previous high of 255, but to be significantly leaner this time.
:popcorn: on your progress, :mahman:. It's super interesting seeing what dudes can do on gear. Hopefully your bloodwork continues to come back looking ace.

My progress is much slower but it still feels like I'm still making some solid gains, though my bodyweight has been holding pretty steady lately at like 182ish. The Forever Strong programs Joe DeFranco and Smitty put together are incredible. We're doing a cycle now that heavily leans into Joe's background working with Louie Simmons, so it has dynamic effort and max effort sessions each week, but the max effort sessions even scale in the rep range so you're basically hitting a new PR each week at that given rep count. They also incorporate some power production stuff to work on jumps, throws, and sprints, so I still feel like I'm training like an athlete to at least some degree.

I've been hitting the bike too and am pretty close to my 250W FTP goal. After that I'll be leaning more into running and gunning for a 6:59 mile while trying to keep that 250W FTP and keep up the strength work. The "hybrid" thing has gotten to me. It's a lot, but it's fun.

Once I'm done with those two I just might start fucking around with Oly lifting. I dunno. Seems like something fun to try. A 250W FTP on the bike, a 6:59 mile, a 200kg total in the Oly lifts and a 1,000lb total in the big three all at the same time would be pretty rad. None of those in isolation is anything special, but taken together that'd be a pretty big accomplishment.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:38 pm You boiz still making dem gains? I just finished the fifth week of my current training block and things are moving fucking smooth. Got my bloodwork done and things are looking good, which has helped me mentally since I thought I was looking at a few issues recently, but turned out to be a faulty test/equipment. Going into this training block I upped my test from 200mg/week to 300/week, and mast from 100mg/week to 150mg/week. I pulled deca down a bit from 80mg/week to 40mg/week because of the bad looking bloodwork, but now that I know my shit looks good I may increase that for my next training block. Test and mast are still very low doses, so those will increase too. Nice to be making gains on less than half the gear I used to run. Means I have a long runway ahead of me for scaling up the gear and keep the gain train rolling. Dieted down during my last training block from 240ish to 220. Slowly climbing back up. Sitting at 224 right now… been having a few more cheat meals than I ought to, so I’ll scale those back and keep things tight as I grow. Goal is to surpass my previous high of 255, but to be significantly leaner this time.
:popcorn: on your progress, :mahman:. It's super interesting seeing what dudes can do on gear. Hopefully your bloodwork continues to come back looking ace.

My progress is much slower but it still feels like I'm still making some solid gains, though my bodyweight has been holding pretty steady lately at like 182ish. The Forever Strong programs Joe DeFranco and Smitty put together are incredible. We're doing a cycle now that heavily leans into Joe's background working with Louie Simmons, so it has dynamic effort and max effort sessions each week, but the max effort sessions even scale in the rep range so you're basically hitting a new PR each week at that given rep count. They also incorporate some power production stuff to work on jumps, throws, and sprints, so I still feel like I'm training like an athlete to at least some degree.

I've been hitting the bike too and am pretty close to my 250W FTP goal. After that I'll be leaning more into running and gunning for a 6:59 mile while trying to keep that 250W FTP and keep up the strength work. The "hybrid" thing has gotten to me. It's a lot, but it's fun.

Once I'm done with those two I just might start fucking around with Oly lifting. I dunno. Seems like something fun to try. A 250W FTP on the bike, a 6:59 mile, a 200kg total in the Oly lifts and a 1,000lb total in the big three all at the same time would be pretty rad. None of those in isolation is anything special, but taken together that'd be a pretty big accomplishment.
:fuckyeah: sounds awesome. Some nice goals in there too.

I could see Oly lifting being fun. There any good coaches for it in your area? I’d probably want a few sessions with someone who knows their shit since they look like such technical lifts.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:54 pm:fuckyeah: sounds awesome. Some nice goals in there too.

I could see Oly lifting being fun. There any good coaches for it in your area? I’d probably want a few sessions with someone who knows their shit since they look like such technical lifts.
They're insanely technical. I have found a couple weightlifting clubs around here, but they're tied to CrossFit gyms so :notsure: if the coaches are any good, but it'd probably still be better than online coaching.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

coogles wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:33 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:54 pm:fuckyeah: sounds awesome. Some nice goals in there too.

They're insanely technical. I have found a couple weightlifting clubs around here, but they're tied to CrossFit gyms so :notsure: if the coaches are any good, but it'd probably still be better than online coaching.
The first rule of CrossFit is that you never shut the fuck up about CrossFit!!
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:31 pm

The first rule of CrossFit is that you never shut the fuck up about CrossFit!!
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE

Yeah it’s very hit or miss with CrossFit gym coaches actually knowing how to coach Olympic lifts rather than just being CrossFit certified. I’d probably start with reaching out to the CrossFit gyms and asking about their coaches certs and if you can’t find a good Oly coach that way then try broadening the search beyond CF places.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Working on getting swole ballsawce style!!! Max on the bench is 240. Hoping to be above 300 by Thanksgiving. Using your workout with a combo of things that I feel work. My max ever was in college, my buddy dom got me up to 325 when I weighed 180 lbs. those numbers might be the goal for me. Benching 325 at 180 lbs.

I weighed myself Friday morning and I was 199.9 lbs, so first time I’ve seen below 200 since I got married 10 years ago. Less concerned about weight, and more so on overall fitness/wellness. My doctor says I probably won’t get below 190 just based on my build.

But with your coaching Sawce, maybe I can bench a small motorcycle in my 30s!!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:42 pm Yeah it’s very hit or miss with CrossFit gym coaches actually knowing how to coach Olympic lifts rather than just being CrossFit certified. I’d probably start with reaching out to the CrossFit gyms and asking about their coaches certs and if you can’t find a good Oly coach that way then try broadening the search beyond CF places.
It's probably more miss than hit with CrossFit gyms, but I'll definitely do my due diligence before picking a coach if I decide to fuck around with weightlifting.
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 pm
Working on getting swole ballsawce style!!! Max on the bench is 240. Hoping to be above 300 by Thanksgiving. Using your workout with a combo of things that I feel work. My max ever was in college, my buddy dom got me up to 325 when I weighed 180 lbs. those numbers might be the goal for me. Benching 325 at 180 lbs.

I weighed myself Friday morning and I was 199.9 lbs, so first time I’ve seen below 200 since I got married 10 years ago. Less concerned about weight, and more so on overall fitness/wellness. My doctor says I probably won’t get below 190 just based on my build.

But with your coaching Sawce, maybe I can bench a small motorcycle in my 30s!!
325 at 180bw is a massive bench. Good shit! Would be rad to see you hitting above 300 again.