OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:49 pm
Tar wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:51 pm I feel like baby management and bodybuilding is simular in some ways. Being good with scheduling/routines, dietary needs, pain tolerance, and endurance are keys to success with both.
Oh for sure! The bodybuilding regimen will have to take a back seat for a while, but that will also force me to streamline things like meal prepping and be even more efficient with my time.

Rough timeline that I’m expecting/hoping for:
Months 0-3: no gym trips.. all training done downstairs on the smith machine.
Months 4-6: planet fitness.. can be there or back from there in under 10 minutes.
Months 6+: back to my gym.. luckily several people there bring their babies regularly in strollers, strapped to their chests/back, etc. Nobody complains since we all know how important the gym is to us and just think it’s badass that they’re in there with their baby vs not being in there at all. So once she’s old enough to cruise over there with me, the gym will double as my time to work out, spend time with baby, and give Michelle a few hours of peace and quiet for her to do whatever the fuck she feels like.

Ideally that last stage will happen earlier, but I’m trying to be realistic about both how it will be bringing her with me and how Michelle will feel about me bringing her with me.
Sorry dude... but no fucking way will you bring a 6 month old leach to a gym. That's :disgust: but you will be able to go while the busted woman watches it at home
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:21 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:49 pm

Oh for sure! The bodybuilding regimen will have to take a back seat for a while, but that will also force me to streamline things like meal prepping and be even more efficient with my time.

Rough timeline that I’m expecting/hoping for:
Months 0-3: no gym trips.. all training done downstairs on the smith machine.
Months 4-6: planet fitness.. can be there or back from there in under 10 minutes.
Months 6+: back to my gym.. luckily several people there bring their babies regularly in strollers, strapped to their chests/back, etc. Nobody complains since we all know how important the gym is to us and just think it’s badass that they’re in there with their baby vs not being in there at all. So once she’s old enough to cruise over there with me, the gym will double as my time to work out, spend time with baby, and give Michelle a few hours of peace and quiet for her to do whatever the fuck she feels like.

Ideally that last stage will happen earlier, but I’m trying to be realistic about both how it will be bringing her with me and how Michelle will feel about me bringing her with me.
Sorry dude... but no fucking way will you bring a 6 month old leach to a gym. That's :disgust: but you will be able to go while the busted woman watches it at home
I hope you’re wrong, but time will tell. One chick just gave birth two months ago and is already brining the baby in with her while she lifts :iono:
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm

I apologize. Girl or boy?
:ayfkm: the kindergarten teacher will decide
:lol:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm

I apologize. Girl or boy?
:ayfkm: the kindergarten teacher will decide
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :iswydt: :iswydt: :unicorn: :mahtroy:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:21 am

I hope you’re wrong, but time will tell. One chick just gave birth two months ago and is already brining the baby in with her while she lifts :iono:
Some people save the placenta and eat it for health benefits. People are weird af
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 pm

Some people save the placenta and eat it for health benefits. People are weird af
True.. but what’s weird about me bringing a 6-month old baby to a gym? Just think they’ll be too fussy/require too much attention?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:23 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm

True.. but what’s weird about me bringing a 6-month old baby to a gym? Just think they’ll be too fussy/require too much attention?
Bro. 6 months old babies cannot be left alone for a min. Unless they are in some sort of cage designed for them not to get hurt.
SAWCE

Quoting is broken right now..

Well yeah, I’m not planning on just dumping her on the floor lol. Exercises where it’s safe to do so she’ll be strapped to my chest/back, exercises where that’d be unsafe she’d be in her stroller for the 45-60 seconds it takes for me to do a set. Seems to work for everyone else that brings their infants in with them while they train.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm Quoting is broken right now..

Well yeah, I’m not planning on just dumping her on the floor lol. Exercises where it’s safe to do so she’ll be strapped to my chest/back, exercises where that’d be unsafe she’d be in her stroller for the 45-60 seconds it takes for me to do a set. Seems to work for everyone else that brings their infants in with them while they train.
I mean yea … but I just don’t see the point.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm Quoting is broken right now..

The point is to get huge bro.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Btw one really weird thing happened to me while carrying the kid around in a Bjorn pos. My upper back which never hurt once in my life started to be in crazy pain … to a point where I thought something really major happened… once I stopped carrying him 2x a day in that thing. It went away after a week…. Just a word of caution
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:46 pm
I have never seen a baby in my gym. My other gym had a small “care” prison for the shits. And I saw kids there on occasion. But babies … nah. I kinda hate going places with the kid. It takes a lot longer to do anything because of the strapping in and out of car seats + all his shit
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm

I have never seen a baby in my gym. My other gym had a small “care” prison for the shits. And I saw kids there on occasion. But babies … nah. I kinda hate going places with the kid. It takes a lot longer to do anything because of the strapping in and out of car seats + all his shit
Yeah I would rather run all the errands myself and leave the kid @ home w/mom or vice versa.
SAWCE

:dat:

The gym is a non-negotiable for me. I’ll suffer through the inconvenience of hauling the baby to/from/around the gym if it means I get to spend time in there. I’d rather get a substandard workout because I’m keeping an eye on the baby than just not go at all. And at a certain point Michelle can watch her while I’m gone, but she’s doing these first 9 months of heavy lifting, plus will by nature of being the carrier of the milk bags be doing more of the heavy lifting when the baby is born as well. So if I can take some metaphorical weight off her shoulders while getting to hoist literal weight over mine, then it’s a win-win. I’ll also need some alone time though, so maybe we’ll figure out a schedule where I bring the baby to every other workout or something like that. We’ll see.

I’m also mostly talking out of my ass for all of this, as I won’t know how it feels to be hauling her around in the gym until I get there. Maybe I’ll hate it and decide that I’d rather just go downstairs and get what I can in on the weight set there. As hard as being flexible is for me, I’m mentally preparing myself for that need to be once she’s here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I obviously haven’t had a kid but I have always figured I’ll join the Y again with a kid. Free child care means wife can get a break, I can earn some good graces with her, I n get exercise. I literally hate my fucking life if I can’t exercise.

I’m curious and hopeful that this goes well.
SAWCE

Will keep you guys updated.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 pm I obviously haven’t had a kid but I have always figured I’ll join the Y again with a kid. Free child care means wife can get a break, I can earn some good graces with her, I n get exercise. I literally hate my fucking life if I can’t exercise.

You’re going to “love” having kids….. :lolol:
max225

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 pm I obviously haven’t had a kid but I have always figured I’ll join the Y again with a kid. Free child care means wife can get a break, I can earn some good graces with her, I n get exercise. I literally hate my fucking life if I can’t exercise.

You’re going to “love” having kids….. :lolol:
:dat:
The amount of shit you can’t do anymore once you have them is probably the toughest part about it … and the geriatric bed times that you’re actually looking forward to.
Desertbreh

Yeah nothing but reality can prepare you for the obligations. Brandon is being pretty optimistic. But we shall see.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:19 pm Yeah nothing but reality can prepare you for the obligations. Brandon is being pretty optimistic. But we shall see.
Yeah I’m trying to keep that in mind. Be rad if I can pull it off. Be fine if I can’t.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:19 pm Yeah nothing but reality can prepare you for the obligations. Brandon is being pretty optimistic. But we shall see.
:dat: Time quickly becomes your most valuable commodity.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

Grabbed a buddy and cruised an hour east to hit this bbq spot I found in the instagrams. Little food truck set up that’s only open Saturdays from 11:30 until they sell out. We showed up at 11, there were a few people already in line, but we popped into the brewery next door so buddy could grab a beer while we waited. Line quickly grew to like 20 people before he finished, so we had a bit of a wait out in the rain before we could order and get our food, but holy fuck it was worth the drive and wait. I grabbed 1/4lb each of their brisket, pulled pork, and black pepper chicken, then one of their hatch chili and cheddar sausages. Full 5/7. Served with some house pickled veggies, some slices of white bread and their house made bbq sauce. Demolished my food. Brought a 1/4lb of brisket and a side of their mac and cheese back for Michelle.

On top of being great food, the location is cool too. Right off the Columbia river and next to a big waterfront park, so when summer comes and we have nicer weather we’ll make a day trip of it and enjoy some sun and water play with our food.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:drool:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

At the hospital. Mom had a stroke. Fuck.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:40 pm At the hospital. Mom had a stroke. Fuck.
:( hoping it’s on the mild side