General Economic chit chat/updates.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 am If one doesn’t “oversimplify” you get nothing done and write 10000 page regulations on how high to cut the grass and if birds fart.

Facts are facts. Our younger generations are being fucked into oblivion and carrying the golden geese into the retirement Homes.

It’s a bit more troubling than just who is paying what. Soon enough there is no one left to pay for shit because you can’t have a rapidly declining populous. That’s the strongest indicator for a failed society. So I’m saying … let’s address the biggest issue of them all… younger people getting reamed and impossible to succeed (for the majority)

Importing poor and uneducated from all over the world will do nothing to fix it
People flat out can’t afford to have kids. If you’ve got $250k in college debt and are working a job that pays $80k a year there’s no way you’re getting a house, a decent car, and raising screamy potatoes. I make a decent salary but man I’m concerned as hell about finances, because the mortgage, house repairs, and general cost of everything is eating me alive.
...and thats a problem.

We do ok, made mostly good decisions along the way, and money wise kid was a struggle at 36 pre 2020 inflation spike.

We do REALLY well now. I might have 2 paid off cars, but they are both 10+ years old. Wifes is 8. I do a lot of shit myself that eats people up of lesser skills. We have rental income, and without that things would be A LOT tighter in our house.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 am If one doesn’t “oversimplify” you get nothing done and write 10000 page regulations on how high to cut the grass and if birds fart.

Facts are facts. Our younger generations are being fucked into oblivion and carrying the golden geese into the retirement Homes.

It’s a bit more troubling than just who is paying what. Soon enough there is no one left to pay for shit because you can’t have a rapidly declining populous. That’s the strongest indicator for a failed society. So I’m saying … let’s address the biggest issue of them all… younger people getting reamed and impossible to succeed (for the majority)

People flat out can’t afford to have kids. If you’ve got $250k in college debt and are working a job that pays $80k a year there’s no way you’re getting a house, a decent car, and raising screamy potatoes. I make a decent salary but man I’m concerned as hell about finances, because the mortgage, house repairs, and general cost of everything is eating me alive.
You're not alone at all. And that's my whole point. our entire generation 22-40 year olds that SHOULD be raising the NEXT generation. Aren't... flat out.
Current birth date is 1.66 per woman... replacement rate is around 2.2 per woman. So in 30-40 years that means 30% of our generation will go EXTINCT. In large part due to the fact of how the game is RIGGED against the young.

Don't come at me with bootstraps and all that other shit. It the the LAWS and REGULATIONS that got us in this pickle. And the laws are created by 70 year olds to SERVE THEMSELVES.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 pm

...and thats a problem.

We do ok, made mostly good decisions along the way, and money wise kid was a struggle at 36 pre 2020 inflation spike.

We do REALLY well now. I might have 2 paid off cars, but they are both 10+ years old. Wifes is 8. I do a lot of shit myself that eats people up of lesser skills. We have rental income, and without that things would be A LOT tighter in our house.
I will venture to say that you're not doing ok.
1 Job, 3 kids, paid off house, 2 paid off cars is doing ok. Which was the norm not long ago before we decided to make the olds ultra rich on the backs of the young.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

...and thats a problem.

1 Job, 3 kids, paid off house, 2 paid off cars is doing ok. Which was the norm not long ago before we decided to make the olds ultra rich on the backs of the young.
what fucking fantasy world are you living in Max? Middle class, middle age people have house notes and car notes, and that's ok. They used to be affordable on 1 good paying job, and now they are not...and that's not ok. My parents, subject of your boomer hate, did just fine. My dad busted his ass and made 2x what most people in his line of work did. we had a nice, average house and decent vehicles, and enough leftover to do stuff. Fucking 30 years on from that the price of houses tripled, cars almost tripled, and that pay probably didn't double; this not their fucking fault. They made good choices now and are set up well for retirement and you want to tax them for existing & having a nestegg. FUCK that.

Aint no one making average money able to afford whole ass houses with cash either dude. or even pay off in 10 years doing nothing else but working and 'pay off the house' - you want to live, have kids, go on vacations, etc. Interest being the time value of money is ok to pay as long as the buyer is ok with the cost. And Im way fucking good paying my 2.85% miniums in a 7% environment over time. BUT I'd also gladly pay the 7-9% to live somewhere now vs. livivng in an apt for 20 years pissing away rent trying to save cash in order to buy a house in cash.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah those numbers are not gonna work. Unless daddy is gonna pay for it like around here, you have to be careful af with undergrad debt.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

...and thats a problem.

:lol: What? When Ward Cleaver went to work and left June at home to raise Wally and the Beav, he still had a mortgage and a car loan.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

A lot of it is wage stagnation.

Trickle down ain't tricklin' down.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm :lol: What? When Ward Cleaver went to work and left June at home to raise Wally and the Beav, he still had a mortgage and a car loan.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm
:lol: What? When Ward Cleaver went to work and left June at home to raise Wally and the Beav, he still had a mortgage and a car loan.
https://www.axios.com/2023/11/20/americ ... wners-2023

First time home owners in the mid 80s were in their late 20, and they are lucky enough to be in the mid 30s. now.... REPEAT BUYERS i.E second home hyper successful boomers obviously are 58 TODAY... funny enough that in the mid 80s they were 35 (repeat buyers)... so they are buying AGAIN today... meanwhile todays buyer is FUCK OUT OF LUCK Dirk. Ain't nobody buying second homes but the olds. THAT WAS NOT the way for many of the reasons I am bitching about today.

Ya'll want to be protective of the generation that clearly is destroying everything for the young be my guest. But this ain't it.

Average boomer got a house at 22-25 years old and was done with it by 40, and bought a second and possibly third house by now. Working a mid ass job. And put 3 kids up to college (said kids now took on loans) ... all on a company dime. Their kids... aka the Gen X and millennial are JUST buying their first home while their parents already had multiple!

This is NOT todays america when the average person (boomer kid) at 35 is laden with DEBT from SCHOOL and is competing with daddy's fruit roll up houses at 7 figures a pop because they are not to be pried from cold dead hands.
Last edited by max225 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Melon2.0 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm A lot of it is wage stagnation.

it's been trickling UP for 30 years, and lately more so than ever.
max225

Also :popcorn: on the rise and fall of florida. They are about to go bottoms the FUCK up after rising 300% from 2019 to today... Inventories are SUUUUURGING
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:37 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm

https://www.axios.com/2023/11/20/americ ... wners-2023

First time home owners in the mid 80s were in their late 20, and they are lucky enough to be in the mid 30s. now.... REPEAT BUYERS i.E second home hyper successful boomers obviously are 58 TODAY... funny enough that in the mid 80s they were 35 (repeat buyers)... so they are buying AGAIN today... meanwhile todays buyer is FUCK OUT OF LUCK Dirk. Ain't nobody buying second homes but the olds. THAT WAS NOT the way for many of the reasons I am bitching about today.

Ya'll want to be protective of the generation that clearly is destroying everything for the young be my guest. But this ain't it.

Average boomer got a house at 22-25 years old and was done with it by 40, and bought a second and possibly third house by now. Working a mid ass job. And put 3 kids up to college (said kids now took on loans) ... all on a company dime. Their kids... aka the Gen X and millennial are JUST buying their first home while their parents already had multiple!

This is NOT todays america when the average person (boomer kid) at 35 is laden with DEBT from SCHOOL and is competing with daddy's fruit roll up houses at 7 figures a pop because they are not to be pried from cold dead hands.
On the first bold. Yes, boomers had a way better wage to house price ratio. But you can't go steal from them and redistribute, Karl Marx. SOME of them are providing money to their kids to break through the issues you are discussing. I also agree that student debt is out of control and you just CANNOT go to undergrad for big debt because you deserve the college experience. Gotta do a workaround.

Second bold. WHAT IN THE FUCK IS A FRUIT ROLL UP HOUSE?

But your notion that sometime very recently in America ONE INCOME bought a paid for house and paid for cars and 3 kids....that's only for :waxer: s. The bottom line is that if you want to have a nice house and nice shit you gotta either make bank or have dual income, and that has been the case forever. Besides, AS YOU HAVE POSTULATED, having one parent at home may be nice, but if you think people are fucked now, wait until we get to the next little phase of growing up on this forum, which is divorce. If you are married to a SAHM, she owns your balls forever. If you think budgets are tight now, lifetime alimony will put you in a fucking tent.
max225

Alimony is 1:2 of the years you’re married until year 7. Been exploring some options just in case. Also that’s why Sibarian princess with blue eyes and blonde hair that cooked and cleaned for me got the boot. I needed my woman to work to even remotely live in a non ghetto. All part of the plan
max225

I’m not saying redistribute wealth, I’m saying let the young’s get the same opportunities the old had. That requires the same benefits the olds receive/received when they were our age . How about that ?

It’ll never happen when mommy milkers Nancy and her crew are deep in the middle of milking the cow that’s the rest of America scraping by. Shocking for me to see those who are getting it good without any sort of lube saying thank you may I have another just so that geriatric clowns get their take
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:37 pm Alimony is 1:2 of the years you’re married until year 7. Been exploring some options just in case. Also that’s why Sibarian princess with blue eyes and blonde hair that cooked and cleaned for me got the boot. I needed my woman to work to even remotely live in a non ghetto. All part of the plan
Stay ruthless Vasily.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:41 pm I’m not saying redistribute wealth, I’m saying let the young’s get the same opportunities the old had. That requires the same benefits the olds receive/received when they were our age . How about that ?

It’ll never happen when mommy milkers Nancy and her crew are deep in the middle of milking the cow that’s the rest of America scraping by. Shocking for me to see those who are getting it good without any sort of lube saying thank you may I have another just so that geriatric clowns get their take
And the Fruit Roll Up House?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:20 pm

You're not alone at all. And that's my whole point. our entire generation 22-40 year olds that SHOULD be raising the NEXT generation. Aren't... flat out.
Current birth date is 1.66 per woman... replacement rate is around 2.2 per woman. So in 30-40 years that means 30% of our generation will go EXTINCT. In large part due to the fact of how the game is RIGGED against the young.

Don't come at me with bootstraps and all that other shit. It the the LAWS and REGULATIONS that got us in this pickle. And the laws are created by 70 year olds to SERVE THEMSELVES.
You should be :fuckyeah: about this. For years you've been wishing/advocating for a plague to lower the world's population. You're getting your wish without a plague!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Melon2.0 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm A lot of it is wage stagnation.

:dat:
wap

Melon2.0 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm :lol: What? When Ward Cleaver went to work and left June at home to raise Wally and the Beav, he still had a mortgage and a car loan.
And :dat: , :lol:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:44 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:41 pm I’m not saying redistribute wealth, I’m saying let the young’s get the same opportunities the old had. That requires the same benefits the olds receive/received when they were our age . How about that ?

Ah, sorry. It’s kind of a joke of times past; when high school drop out Beatrice was working as a secretary to a big shot and giving sloppy toppies at lunch time while the boys were smoking some cigars, she was still able to purchase a house for the value of a fruit roll up and some raisins.

A gone by era that apparently had the smartest people roaming the planet who did nothing but hard work and achieved everything that was handed to them… for a fruit roll up.

While Mykeala born in 2000, after her degree in say marketing studies, is currently waitressing at $12.22 an hr to supplement her 60k a year starting salary at a mid tier firm… she is currently paying off 120k a year in student loans, sharing a $2500 a month Appartement with her slut friend who is dealing on the side, trying to make sure Uber eats doesn’t max out her credit cards.

Yes she surely could skip an Avo toast in order to purchase a 440k starter home for the next 20 years only to be able to afford a down payment then… when a house will be 4.5 million because Beatrice is on her 9th rental property
max225

wap wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:45 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:20 pm

You should be :fuckyeah: about this. For years you've been wishing/advocating for a plague to lower the world's population. You're getting your wish without a plague!
The world is still breeding. Advanced economies are not
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:44 pm

Ah, sorry. It’s kind of a joke of times past; when high school drop out Beatrice was working as a secretary to a big shot and giving sloppy toppies at lunch time while the boys were smoking some cigars, she was still able to purchase a house for the value of a fruit roll up and some raisins.

A gone by era that apparently had the smartest people roaming the planet who did nothing but hard work and achieved everything that was handed to them… for a fruit roll up.

While Mykeala born in 2000, after her degree in say marketing studies, is currently waitressing at $12.22 an hr to supplement her 60k a year starting salary at a mid tier firm… she is currently paying off 120k a year in student loans, sharing a $2500 a month Appartement with her slut friend who is dealing on the side, trying to make sure Uber eats doesn’t max out her credit cards.

Yes she surely could skip an Avo toast in order to purchase a 440k starter home for the next 20 years only to be able to afford a down payment then… when a house will be 4.5 million because Beatrice is on her 9th rental property
Alles ist klar. That's pretty obscure even for a weirdo like me.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:52 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:45 pm

Mike Judge called it in 2006 with his eye into the future movie, Idiocracy!

It’s what plants crave! IYKYK
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:22 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:52 pm

Mike Judge called it in 2006 with his eye into the future movie, Idiocracy!

It’s what plants crave! IYKYK
What a great movie.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Anecdote of one I know… But my parents have yet to have a paid off home and they’ve had two houses, the first was sold. They did rent it out to my sister for a long time on the cheap because she had a kid in high school and life didn’t go so great. Now she had to move to bumfuck to afford rent because my parents had to sell the house to afford retirement.

I don’t really feel like having a mortgage payment at 40 is out of the norm, I would bet most people’s parents on here were also paying house notes throughout kid raising.