Sawce's Toy Car

Strut your greasy stuff!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am

Come on over, let’s do carbro things in the driveway.
:lol: on my way see you in 4 days
:fuckyeah:
SAWCE

Always wanted to throw one of these decals on the Jeep, but just never pulled the trigger.

And yeah, car is dirty again. Had her parked outside for a few days while I refinished a dresser in our garage. Too lazy to clean the whole window this morning when I wanted to put this on, so just cleaned that area. Rain later this week, so I’ll probably wash her up again next weekend.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I need to wash my car sometime :lolol:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:12 pm I need to wash my car sometime :lolol:
I actually really enjoyed doing it this past week. It had been years since I hand washed a car.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

I haven't washed mine in a year, lol. :thisisfine:
Gonna :doit: this summer doe, for sure. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

These infrequent car wash stories blow my mind. In the desert, having no precipitation but also having wind that blows the desert floor upon your vehicle, frequent washing is essential unless you want to drive around in squalor.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:06 am These infrequent car wash stories blow my mind. In the desert, having no precipitation but also having wind that blows the desert floor upon your vehicle, frequent washing is essential unless you want to drive around in squalor.
Same as the people that have cheerios all over the car
wap

Most of us are not self-employed :waxer: s who have the luxury of grabbing an hour or 2 of free time in the middle of the day with zero consequences from The Man to do fun chores, and whose weekends are generally filled with necessary chores/errands, etc., forcing unfortunate priority choices. :(
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:06 am These infrequent car wash stories blow my mind. In the desert, having no precipitation but also having wind that blows the desert floor upon your vehicle, frequent washing is essential unless you want to drive around in squalor.
I kept the Jeep and Elantra clean, but it was in the form of “touchless” car washes vs doing it myself since I spent so many years without a garage or driveway.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:40 am Most of us are not self-employed :waxer: s who have the luxury of grabbing an hour or 2 of free time in the middle of the day with zero consequences from The Man to do fun chores, and whose weekends are generally filled with necessary chores/errands, etc., forcing unfortunate priority choices. :(
I wash my cars on weekend mornings @ 6 a.m because that's when the shade is. I would hardly call it fun at the level of of repetitiveness that is required. I would say I have it down to an exact science, like doing laundry. Even if I was retired, I would not wash my cars under the glare of the orb. My point is that we have no rain and a lot of dust, necessitating car washing more than people with regular rain events and cityscape/plants bolting the dirt down. NOT that everyone else is a lazy motherfucker. You have no children Ron, the idea that you could not wash your vehicle more often if you chose to do so is :notsure: I run to home depot and grocery store and the gym and the and the and the just like the next guy. Any :waxer: apersions you are casting are valid only insofar as we have a cleaning lady and a yard guy.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:37 pm
wap wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:40 am Most of us are not self-employed :waxer: s who have the luxury of grabbing an hour or 2 of free time in the middle of the day with zero consequences from The Man to do fun chores, and whose weekends are generally filled with necessary chores/errands, etc., forcing unfortunate priority choices. :(
I wash my cars on weekend mornings @ 6 a.m because that's when the shade is. I would hardly call it fun at the level of of repetitiveness that is required. I would say I have it down to an exact science, like doing laundry. Even if I was retired, I would not wash my cars under the glare of the orb. My point is that we have no rain and a lot of dust, necessitating car washing more than people with regular rain events and cityscape/plants bolting the dirt down. NOT that everyone else is a lazy motherfucker. You have no children Ron, the idea that you could not wash your vehicle more often if you chose to do so is :notsure: I run to home depot and grocery store and the gym and the and the and the just like the next guy. Any :waxer: apersions you are casting are valid only insofar as we have a cleaning lady and a yard guy.
One prioritizes things that are important to oneself.

Its been at least 6 months since I've hand washed the car. It has made a trip or two through the scratch-o-matic in that time. :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:50 pm

Its been at least 6 months since I've hand washed the car. It has made a trip or two through the scratch-o-matic in that time. :aintcare:
For sure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Cleaning lady and YARD guy... damn bruh.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:53 pm

I mowed the lawn until age 40. That's long enough. I might also consider reupping on yard work if I ever moved back to the midwest just for the exercise but doing yardwork in this burg from May through October is a hard no dawg. Cleaning lady could probably be cut back on now that our dogs are dead but I might as well suggest swinging to the wife.
SAWCE

Pretty lucky here for car washing in that we have a north facing driveway and are far enough from the equator that it is shaded most of the day.

This is not a good thing during our annual ice-week since our driveway does not thaw.. it was, however, my south-driveway-facing neighbors who managed to pile upwards of $150k worth of cars into themselves though :amaze:
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:19 pm Pretty lucky here for car washing in that we have a north facing driveway and are far enough from the equator that it is shaded most of the day.

This is not a good thing during our annual ice-week since our driveway does not thaw.. it was, however, my south-driveway-facing neighbors who managed to pile upwards of $150k worth of cars into themselves though :amaze:
Northwest coast drivers are legendarily bad in snow and ice. Seattle is just WOW when it snows. Your neighbors carried absolutely DELIVERED on that premise.
wap

Yeah, I refuse to see 6:00 am on the weekends.

We lost our cleaning lady 3 years ago and haven't replaced her and I have a "yard guy" 6 weeks a year in the late fall as I HATE raking leaves. Frankly, I'm just getting more satisfaction out of my multi-year landscaping/firepit/patio project than washing a car whos magical bloo paint still looks good from 10 feet away.

I'm currently in the midst of 3 time-suck projects plus we're getting ready to host Easter in a couple weeks, then we're traveling in June and some time this summer I have a bunch of exterior :haus: painting to do, just in time for the 17 year cicadas to stop buy for their trillion man sex fest. Then probably traveling again in late summer/early fall. Somewhere in there I want to wash the cars. Maybe I even will. :iono:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:53 pm

I mowed the lawn until age 40. That's long enough. I might also consider reupping on yard work if I ever moved back to the midwest just for the exercise but doing yardwork in this burg from May through October is a hard no dawg. Cleaning lady could probably be cut back on now that our dogs are dead but I might as well suggest swinging to the wife.
I bought myself a new (non-self-propelled) mower when I turned 40. :lolol:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:14 pm

We lost our cleaning lady 3 years ago and haven't replaced her and I have a "yard guy" 6 weeks a year in the late fall as I HATE raking leaves. Frankly, I'm just getting more satisfaction out of my multi-year landscaping/firepit/patio project than washing a car whos magical bloo paint still looks good from 10 feet away.

I'm currently in the midst of 3 time-suck projects plus we're getting ready to host Easter in a couple weeks, then we're traveling in June and some time this summer I have a bunch of exterior :haus: painting to do, just in time for the 17 year cicadas to stop buy for their trillion man sex fest. Then probably traveling again in late summer/early fall. Somewhere in there I want to wash the cars. Maybe I even will. :iono:
:muah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat:

I am pretty on top of interior cleaning, exterior washing, while ideal, I just don't always make time for. I dedicate a ton of time to bike shit/fitness, work (obviously), so outside of that I do a lot of house/yard shit, hanging out with the wife. My dad is very ill/dying so I dedicate a lot of time to helping my parents and trying to spend time with them. I am just somewhat :aintcare: about washing my car relative to other things, but I care too much to take it through the scratch tube/auto wash, so one wash every 1-2 months is it.

:jeep: I just roll through the drive through with free vacuums every couple of weeks and do a deeper clean maybe quarterly.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 pm

but I care too much to take it through the scratch tube/auto wash, so one wash every 1-2 months is it.
ah, the advantages of buying 12 year old bavarian motivation; its nice enough but pre- un-perfected so I can live that :aintcare: life.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 pm

but I care too much to take it through the scratch tube/auto wash, so one wash every 1-2 months is it.
ah, the advantages of buying 12 year old bavarian motivation; its nice enough but pre- un-perfected so I can live that :aintcare: life.
I do miss that element of Bimmer ownershit :lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:42 pm
I actually really enjoyed doing it this past week. It had been years since I hand washed a car.
Such a nice small car to wash and dry too.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:11 pm
wap wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:14 pm

:muah:
:bow: :lol:
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:42 pm

Such a nice small car to wash and dry too.
Seriously lol. Makes it super easy when I can reach the entire roof of the car while standing still :lol: