Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If it's not right this time, I'd say you're due to demand a refund and blast him all over the meeds if he doesn't comply. :disappoint:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:30 pm If it's not right this time, I'd say you're due to demand a refund and blast him all over the meeds if he doesn't comply. :disappoint:
That's the plan.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:52 am This guy's work was getting absolutely shredded by the bmw bros. Another ppf installer even chimed in and was all :dafuq:

Picking it up this afternoon. Hopefully he actually fixed it and if I see more shit under the film..... :triggered:
The armchair quarterbacking with "detailers" online is always epic. Someone else's work is always :doomed: but their own shit never stinks.

they all suck
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So far so good. He said the film goes back about a half inch behind the badges. Replaced both pillars that were bubbling as well as the the film he put over my sidemarkers as those were bubbling too.

It’s just funny to me that he can tell me not to use a pressure washer while standing next to the pressure washer in his shop. :rolleyes: I guess I just have to be careful around those small pieces.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Yeah that looks worlds better than before.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The question is will you be reviewing this dude?

:popcorn:
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:58 am The question is will you be reviewing this dude?

This doesn't count? :yikes:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:58 am The question is will you be reviewing this dude?

Not sure he’d appreciate it. :lol:

He has a 5.0 on google with 53 reviews.

5.0 on yelp but only 4 reviews.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Summer mode engaged! These wheels are going to be a MAJOR pain to clean that’s for sure.

New floor jack is 5/7. And it’s nice having those little adapter puck things.

Recoded my headlights with bimmercode. Gonna mess around with ambient lighting too since the standard options kinda suck. In the picture I took of the genius’ code book he has the M colors listed as well as regular stuff. Since I have 3 zone ambient lighting I can do an M color in each zone! :lolol:

max225

Flexing hard on the neighbors also…
Mazda 3, 4runner, Outback, ford escape, jeep patriot, gmc envoy and bam … :dedong: Bavarian stallion
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:12 pm Flexing hard on the neighbors also…
Mazda 3, 4runner, Outback, ford escape, jeep patriot, gmc envoy and bam … :dedong: Bavarian stallion
The other guy next door has 440i with a :manuel: but he’s a dickhead. I think someone has a C8 in here too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looks so good! Did you put any kind of coating on the :ramz: That could help make hosing them off be most of the job to clean 'em.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:00 am Looks so good! Did you put any kind of coating on the :ramz: That could help make hosing them off be most of the job to clean 'em.
I did but I never seem to do a good job on the ramz. Using the spray stuff seems :wasteful: to get every nook and cranny. I'll have to look for a specific wheel sealant.

The sealant does seem fine for my waxables as well as my poverty rear slider :doe:
max225

coating wheels and especially calipers is next level. I am a bit ocd when it comes to cars but not to that level.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 am coating wheels and especially calipers is next level. I am a bit ocd when it comes to cars but not to that level.
It's more to save time at the end of the day. If you can clean the :ramz: with a simple hose off, that's a win.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:13 am coating wheels and especially calipers is next level. I am a bit ocd when it comes to cars but not to that level.
It's not like I clean and coat the calipers every wash. I do it every time I swap ramz since the wheel is off. It'd be stupid not to.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:44 am
It's not like I clean and coat the calipers every wash. I do it every time I swap ramz since the wheel is off. It'd be stupid not to.
Yea I hear you. Once the wheels come off its easy
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 am
It's more to save time at the end of the day. If you can clean the :ramz: with a simple hose off, that's a win.
I've been using brake buster out of the foam cannon and it's kind of meh. I bought a gallon of it so I'm not going to change just get but I'll probably be looking for something else.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

No chance I would attempt to coat the OEM wheels myself. The Apex ones are simple enough though.

I used the Turtle Wax brand spray stuff and left it on really thick for the barrel and pockets of the wheels. I applied it and didn't really bother buffing it off. I saw this technique on the AMMO YT channel. I figured it should help with longevity of the consumer grade stuff.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 am No chance I would attempt to coat the OEM wheels myself. The Apex ones are simple enough though.

I used the Turtle Wax brand spray stuff and left it on really thick for the barrel and pockets of the wheels. I applied it and didn't really bother buffing it off. I saw this technique on the AMMO YT channel. I figured it should help with longevity of the consumer grade stuff.
You just sprayed it on the wet wheel and then pressure washed it? The turtle wax graphene spray I'm using right now is a bit more finicky to apply than their regular ceramic spray but it seems to work really well.

I was in kind of a time crunch to get the wheels done so I didn't drag the pressure washer out to clean the apexes. Just gave them a quick wipe down.
SAWCE

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:04 pm Summer mode engaged! These wheels are going to be a MAJOR pain to clean that’s for sure.

Recoded my headlights with bimmercode. Gonna mess around with ambient lighting too since the standard options kinda suck. In the picture I took of the genius’ code book he has the M colors listed as well as regular stuff. Since I have 3 zone ambient lighting I can do an M color in each zone! :lolol:

Looks great. What floor jack did you go with? I need to grab one and some stands so I can start turning wrenches again. The jack and stands I had disappeared between when our movers loaded the truck from San Diego and when they showed up here to unload it :mad:

Was considering grabbing some ramps for stuff where the wheels don’t need to come off like oil changes.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:02 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:04 pm Summer mode engaged! These wheels are going to be a MAJOR pain to clean that’s for sure.

Looks great. What floor jack did you go with? I need to grab one and some stands so I can start turning wrenches again. The jack and stands I had disappeared between when our movers loaded the truck from San Diego and when they showed up here to unload it :mad:

Was considering grabbing some ramps for stuff where the wheels don’t need to come off like oil changes.
I went with this one. There are always sales and discounts if you have an account so I ended up paying $130.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotiv ... 64240.html
SAWCE

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:02 pm

I went with this one. There are always sales and discounts if you have an account so I ended up paying $130.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotiv ... 64240.html
Nice, thank you!
SAWCE

I know there was some shit with their hacks or stands a while back.. are their Pittsburg jacks any good? They have the 3 ton on clearance for $90 or the 2 ton for $80..
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:42 pm I know there was some shit with their hacks or stands a while back.. are their Pittsburg jacks any good? They have the 3 ton on clearance for $90 or the 2 ton for $80..
I have the 1.5 ton aluminum pittsburgh I bought 10 years ago that still works just fine. Only upgraded because the bmw is a heavier car.