OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Damn y'all are on some golfmkvi style shitposting in here and I love it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:06 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... study.html
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 24-02817-5
Researchers in the Netherlands tracked more than 2,700 children from age 11 to their mid-twenties, asking them every three years of feelings about their gender.

Results showed at the start of the research, around one-in-10 children (11 percent) expressed 'gender non-contentedness' to varying degrees.

But by age 25, just one-in-25 (4 percent) said they 'often' or 'sometimes' were discontent with their gender.

The researchers concluded: 'The results of the current study might help adolescents to realize that it is normal to have some doubts about one’s identity and one’s gender identity during this age period and that this is also relatively common.'
We found that gender non-contentedness is most common around the age of 11 and that the prevalence decreases with age. Moreover, we identified three different developmental trajectory types of gender (non-) contentedness throughout adolescence and early adulthood: (1) the majority (78% of the sample) consistently indicated to never experience any gender non-contentedness, (2) a group reporting gender non-contentedness in early adolescence, but not any longer in adulthood (19% of the sample), and (3) a small group (2% of the sample) showing the opposite pattern of increasingly reporting gender non-contentedness with age.
Case closed, anyone involved with hacking up minors genitalia, prescribing so called puberty blockers (ie toxic chemotherapy drugs used off label), or prescribing cross sex hormones needs to swing.
Def very interesting study, :notbad: point as well. I’d agree that someone wanting to chop off their :dong: or :pussy: should do so as an adult if they still really feel they must. :iono: . If it were my kid I feel like I’d push them to wait until like 25 if they really had to do all that.

My new inside sales rep who works for me came out as they/them this week. Kind of an awkward thing to get used to.
Desertbreh

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:01 pm Just put out my 2 weeks notice as I just got a new job!! No hotels for me. Finally having weekends and holidays off again!
Go on.....
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:01 pm Just put out my 2 weeks notice as I just got a new job!! No hotels for me. Finally having weekends and holidays off again!
:fuckyeah: Congrats bro.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:24 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:06 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... study.html
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 24-02817-5

Case closed, anyone involved with hacking up minors genitalia, prescribing so called puberty blockers (ie toxic chemotherapy drugs used off label), or prescribing cross sex hormones needs to swing.
Def very interesting study, :notbad: point as well. I’d agree that someone wanting to chop off their :dong: or :pussy: should do so as an adult if they still really feel they must. :iono: . If it were my kid I feel like I’d push them to wait until like 25 if they really had to do all that.

My new inside sales rep who works for me came out as they/them this week. Kind of an awkward thing to get used to.
Agreed with you and the :fax: man.

I wouldn't have a problem calling my offspring whatever pronouns or name they wanted to go by, but I would strongly encourage them to hold off on altering any chemistry or physiology until mid-20s when that brain is more fully developed.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

I bet it is.

RE: bold, agreed. But adult age is adult age and 18-21 is the fuzzy line in the sand (and IMHO it should be one or the other) and at that point people should be free to start hackin' should they choose.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

cont from above... server error

This whole thing is just so immensely frustrating to a logical person such as myself. If a woman wants tubes tied at 21 because they just know they aint mom material MOST struggle to find a dr to do it. However there is a whole other part of medical field that would take the same age woman and sterilize them through other means just because they say they'd rather be a dude. :fullretard:

I mean, we dont lets kids and teens even get tattoos.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:35 pm

I bet it is.

RE: bold, agreed. But adult age is adult age and 18-21 is the fuzzy line in the sand (and IMHO it should be one or the other) and at that point people should be free to start hackin' should they choose.
Yep. At 18 hey if you want to do it, then by all means, go for it.. but I'm still gonna encourage waiting a few more years before making such a big decision. I can see why they would want to be chemically/physically working towards being in a body they identify with before going into college though.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: Grats Malaka!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:25 pm
Go on.....
Got hired as a sales and marketing coordinator for a non-profit.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:26 pm
:fuckyeah: Congrats bro.
9-5 (9-6 for my case)are fucking heaven after coming from hotels, especially in management outside of sales dept.

Also its in tysons corner too.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:18 pm Damn y'all are on some golfmkvi style shitposting in here and I love it.
Sometimes we need it every once in a while
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice: TK!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:37 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:35 pm
I bet it is.

Yep. At 18 hey if you want to do it, then by all means, go for it.. but I'm still gonna encourage waiting a few more years before making such a big decision. I can see why they would want to be chemically/physically working towards being in a body they identify with before going into college though.
:dat:

I kinda think they should merge 18 and 21 and make the legal age for independence 20.

But yeah, I mean have at it if you’re an adult, none of my business. My own kid I could at least opine if nothing else.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That said I also think I’d tell my kid, wear whatever you want, do your hair however, call yourself whatever, none of these things are harmful.

I’m also not a parent so :wtf: do I know?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:25 pm

Go on.....
Got hired as a sales and marketing coordinator for a non-profit.
:nice: that’s awesome. Definitely sounds like a lifestyle upgrade!
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:25 pm That said I also think I’d tell my kid, wear whatever you want, do your hair however, call yourself whatever, none of these things are harmful.

This is my plan, but as you said, also not a parent (yet). I could see not acknowledging their requests for something completely absurd like being recognized as an animal or some shit. Or go full bore into it just to wake them up.. oh you’re a dog, here’s a bowl of kibble and a crate.. when you decide that you’re a human we can go get your bed out of storage.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:25 pm That said I also think I’d tell my kid, wear whatever you want, do your hair however, call yourself whatever, none of these things are harmful.

This is my plan, but as you said, also not a parent (yet). I could see not acknowledging their requests for something completely absurd like being recognized as an animal or some shit. Or go full bore into it just to wake them up.. oh you’re a dog, here’s a bowl of kibble and a crate.. when you decide that you’re a human we can go get your bed out of storage.
:lolgasm:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:37 pm

:dat:

I kinda think they should merge 18 and 21 and make the legal age for independence 20.

But yeah, I mean have at it if you’re an adult, none of my business. My own kid I could at least opine if nothing else.
1000x yes. I find it FUCKING OFFENSIVE that an 18 year old has to register for selective service, can enlist in the military, etc but cant legally buy a fucking beer or a handgun. In the military example, they can certainly be fucking issued a handgun by the same fucks that wont let them buy one.

Pick an age be it 18, 19, 20, or 21 and you get ALL your rights AND responsibilities, full stop.
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:29 pm

:lolgasm: I like that plan
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

anyone doing anything for the eclipse? I'm taking the kid on trip to the totality, looks like Marion IL will be the spot.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:15 am anyone doing anything for the eclipse? I'm taking the kid on trip to the totality, looks like Marion IL will be the spot.
We saw the totality back in 2017 or whenever in Greenville, SC. Totally worth it!

This time I have a flight from CLT to Grand Rapids at 3, made sure to grab a window seat as that may be interesting.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:24 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:15 am anyone doing anything for the eclipse? I'm taking the kid on trip to the totality, looks like Marion IL will be the spot.
We saw the totality back in 2017 or whenever in Greenville, SC. Totally worth it!

This time I have a flight from CLT to Grand Rapids at 3, made sure to grab a window seat as that may be interesting.
Yea it totes could be, be sure to report back if you see anything cool!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:36 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:24 am

Eclipse was neat

Traffic was fucking not. I can tell full story if those are interested, but most :aintcare:
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:01 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:36 am

Eclipse was neat

Traffic was fucking not. I can tell full story if those are interested, but most :aintcare:
I’ll take a story!

Would have loved to see it, but we weren’t really in the path, it was super cloudy here, and we were in for our anatomy scan.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:08 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:01 pm

Eclipse was neat

I’ll take a story!

Would have loved to see it, but we weren’t really in the path, it was super cloudy here, and we were in for our anatomy scan.
alrighty.. i guess this isnt too long a tale. FYI this is all with my 6 year old son sans mommyunit

1st hiccup: the hotel i booked online was suddenly, and shadly, requiring a CASH $250 deposit via notice on a paper sign. There were 15 hotels in the area so I :nope: ed out of that one.

buttt..... this is a BIG deal event kinda in middle of not much clarksville, TN. ~1.5 hour drive west to eclipse. I was not the only one with this idea. I tired booking like 3 rooms online that kept being rejected before walking into 3 different hotels before fining a (smoking, yuk) room. Thankfully room was not gross. BUT i went from ~70 for a room to...260. Yuk. BUT I just KNEW I was literally going to be robbed at that other place. So in another way I saved 320-260=60 bucks. ANYWAY...

Next step...dinner. I planned to go to a little distillery for a drink and dinner. Place was yuge, had decent whiskey BTW. (old glory) They told me 20-30 minute wait. Had some outdoor activities for me and kid. Ok no biggie. I notice half the tables are not being used. This is annoying esp when i get the next bit of information.

40 minutes pass. alright, i get it, busy. 50. 1 hour. 1 hour 20, kid is officially restless. I'm shocked he lasted that long. I check in to server ... "oh we have to seat reservations before you and we were fully booked" Well that would have been fucking useful information an hour and a half ago, so I bought a bottle of hooch (it really was totes decent at $45) and went on my way to... get gas. Then the Taco bell, where i got the saddest tacobell meal ive ever had that I ate sadly in my overpriced hotel.

Next day we get going around 830, hotel breakfast is trash so i plant to hit a cracker barrel about an hour away from destination if not too packed. Basically had a repeat experience of night before, tons of empty tables in a not so busy restaurant that took an hour to be sat at for highly meadorcore food.

On to mountaindew park for the event!
got to see our electric future:

Event itself was cool. They had activities for the kids which was main driver for going here vs some random parking lot. Not bad fo $15 a person.
Other than minor toddler meltdown ~4 mins before totality (which almost resulted in a corresponding adult meltdown you little shit im doing 14+ hours of driving to see this 4 minute once in a lifetime event with you) It was great.
Cellphones hate taking pics of the sun. memories are up here :doe: :smrt:

Then the drive home.... oh the drive home. I-24's average speed had to be under 20mph before I finally was able to divert around at ft. campbell. It took 3 hours to go like 50 miles. Then, perfect timing a yuge thunderstorm popped up with hail (no damage thank goodness) as I'm trying to navigate this strange city, at night. GPS puts me back on 24, which i had to deal with more 20mph traffic until next exit where I took a US highway to nashville. After that interstates were fine, but it was 9 cst at this point and I still had an hour to loos to get back to est. Rolled into the driveway at 1am, a full 10 hours after leaving Marion, IL.

I was understandably a little late to work tuesday :lolol: (but i warned them that was a possibility)