Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:18 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:04 pm

Trust thy fellow DFD's :bruh:
I do. Was just curious as I'm sure a lot of them have had it done.

This ppf guy had great reviews too. :disappoint:
Yea... you're talking to someone who may have had an entire brand new car lemon flawed by a shop that has 4.5/5 stars on yelp. :disgust:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:22 pm

Yea... you're talking to someone who may have had an entire brand new car lemon flawed by a shop that has 4.5/5 stars on yelp. :disgust:
It sucks. At least you're out of it :doe:

:notsure: what I can really do here. Just get him to fix the b pillar and hope it doesn't happen again? I think my car was clearly a rush job despite giving him several months notice.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:35 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:22 pm

It sucks. At least you're out of it :doe:

:notsure: what I can really do here. Just get him to fix the b pillar and hope it doesn't happen again? I think my car was clearly a rush job despite giving him several months notice.
I don't really see that you have any other realistic option other than :dat: .
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:04 pm

Trust thy fellow DFD's :bruh:

So did the PPF guy who ghosted me and almost made me miss a fucking flight :disgust:

He was even PPFing a Ferrari when I came by the shop to meet him. :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 am

Yeah those are not DD seats.
No one is DD'ing an M3 :ban: Unless of course you're made of money. That said I am pretty sure I had em on the track and I don't remember them being super uncomfortable if anything they were quite nice. Similar to the porsche buckets... Hmmm But that was 2 years ago..
I'm sure I'm extremely :wrong: , but race seats are probably the most comfortable seats in a car. I drove the C5 12 hours to CT and on many other long trips with a Sparco QRT-R which is racier than pretty much anything any OEM puts in and it hurt my back way less than any other thing I've been in. It had downsides - biggest was getting in/our of the car was a huge PITA. They also could get very hot as it's hugging you. But, the support is unparalleled and I find flat seats to be pretty bad for me.

BMW sport seats in my 328i were really good (obviously very diff than M3 race seats).
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:46 pm

No one is DD'ing an M3 :ban: Unless of course you're made of money. That said I am pretty sure I had em on the track and I don't remember them being super uncomfortable if anything they were quite nice. Similar to the porsche buckets... Hmmm But that was 2 years ago..
I'm sure I'm extremely :wrong: , but race seats are probably the most comfortable seats in a car. I drove the C5 12 hours to CT and on many other long trips with a Sparco QRT-R which is racier than pretty much anything any OEM puts in and it hurt my back way less than any other thing I've been in. It had downsides - biggest was getting in/our of the car was a huge PITA. They also could get very hot as it's hugging you. But, the support is unparalleled and I find flat seats to be pretty bad for me.

BMW sport seats in my 328i were really good (obviously very diff than M3 race seats).
I don't think you're :wrong: and for a weekend car... can you really go :wrong: ? You want the experience you don't want the peasantry. That's what the DD is for.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Broad shoulders are a problem in these parts, my shoulders don’t fit with the trim set all the way in on the top lumber on the 3.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:43 pm

So did the PPF guy who ghosted me and almost made me miss a fucking flight :disgust:

He was even PPFing a Ferrari when I came by the shop to meet him. :ohwell:
:disgust:

One thing I liked with this guy is that he did detailing too. So I figured he would pull the emblems and get the paint perfect before applying the PPF. A lot of these places I looked up don't mention anything about detailing or paint correction. They probably slap the PPF on and call it a day. Kind of like what this guy did.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:08 pm

I don't think you're :wrong: and for a weekend car... can you really go :wrong: ? You want the experience you don't want the peasantry. That's what the DD is for.
Look for a local :dillerman: that has a car with them to try.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:31 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:08 pm

Looks like you lose the ass whistler's with the carboners also... :notsure: if you got that option. But on the IX it was really disappointing :(
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:43 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:31 pm

Looks like you lose the ass whistler's with the carboners also... :notsure: if you got that option. But on the IX it was really disappointing :(
Yeah, you lose the :knot: coolers with the carboners. I have them but haven’t tried them yet.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Carboner race seats are ridiculous in a car that is supposed to be some kind of executive/high end vehicle. Anybody have a wife/girlfriend here who is going to approve that option? One of the reasons the M3 got approved by your superior officer is that it is somewhat double duty. I mean, fuck it, sell the M3 buy a 944 with the interior ripped out except for a race seat and a fire extinguisher and has every Lindsey racing part ever sold for and turn up the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:16 pm Carboner race seats are ridiculous in a car that is supposed to be some kind of executive/high end vehicle. Anybody have a wife/girlfriend here who is going to approve that option? One of the reasons the M3 got approved by your superior officer is that it is somewhat double duty. I mean, fuck it, sell the M3 buy a 944 with the interior ripped out except for a race seat and a fire extinguisher and has every Lindsey racing part ever sold for and turn up the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST.
:dat:

Though max keeps trying to sell the idea of an M2 being the weekend car, I still think the M3 is the better buy given there's a :baby: .

I don't want to be stuck driving the Rage4 to every single appointment for the :baby: down the line. The extra practicality is worth it.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Aaaaaand I just noticed another bubble on the driver side b pillar. :disgust:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:16 pm Carboner race seats are ridiculous in a car that is supposed to be some kind of executive/high end vehicle. Anybody have a wife/girlfriend here who is going to approve that option? One of the reasons the M3 got approved by your superior officer is that it is somewhat double duty. I mean, fuck it, sell the M3 buy a 944 with the interior ripped out except for a race seat and a fire extinguisher and has every Lindsey racing part ever sold for and turn up the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST.
When we were appraising :tits: Ford Fiesta at carmax, we browsed other cars, went into a MK8 gti and she did not approve :( I had the idea of going back to a Golf R, but its not gonna happen.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Why do you hate ass hugging seats bruh. It’s like a spoiler on a GT3 it just makes sense. Racekar bruh
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:42 am
Why do you hate ass hugging seats bruh. It’s like a spoiler on a GT3 it just makes sense. Racekar bruh
They look cool, they certainly serve a purpose in spirited driving, they can even be comfortable. But you're pushing your luck ordering them in a two car garage.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:43 am Aaaaaand I just noticed another bubble on the driver side b pillar. :disgust:
Chalk it up as a loss and have it redone by someone competent maybe. Could call the local high end dealerships and see who they use. They likely contract that out.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:43 am Aaaaaand I just noticed another bubble on the driver side b pillar. :disgust:
Ugh. Feels like I got really lucky with my PPF shop. Shit turned out amazing.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:53 pm Chalk it up as a loss and have it redone by someone competent maybe. Could call the local high end dealerships and see who they use. They likely contract that out.
I'm already about $2800 in the hole with this dude. Pay another shop to remove + install more film. Woof. It would all add up to be about the price of a full car ppf had I gone to a good installer the first time around. :(
coogles wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:08 pm Ugh. Feels like I got really lucky with my PPF shop. Shit turned out amazing.
Probably. The bmw bros have pretty much said this stuff is unacceptable. Never heard of people giving restrictions on washing the car after ppf.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:53 pm Chalk it up as a loss and have it redone by someone competent maybe. Could call the local high end dealerships and see who they use. They likely contract that out.
I'm already about $2800 in the hole with this dude. Pay another shop to remove + install more film. Woof. It would all add up to be about the price of a full car ppf had I gone to a good installer the first time around. :(
coogles wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:08 pm Ugh. Feels like I got really lucky with my PPF shop. Shit turned out amazing.
Probably. The bmw bros have pretty much said this stuff is unacceptable. Never heard of people giving restrictions on washing the car after ppf.
What brand is the film? Most of them have their own warranties. I had a dude do PPF on my GTI when I first bought it, and he fucked a few pieces up and wouldn't do anything to make it right. It was 3M film though and I worked with them to find another authorized installer to get it redone under the 3M warranty.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:39 pm

What brand is the film? Most of them have their own warranties. I had a dude do PPF on my GTI when I first bought it, and he fucked a few pieces up and wouldn't do anything to make it right. It was 3M film though and I worked with them to find another authorized installer to get it redone under the 3M warranty.
That's a good idea. Covrgard is the brand of film but the problem is they're pretty new and based in the UK. And maybe I'm blind but I can't find a dealer locator on their website.

I figured since most of the film nowadays is kind of the same, you have to buy the installer. I chose poorly. :facepalm:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Oof.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah that sucks but this guy keeps dicking the job up. So asking him to fix it seems kind of pointless. If you paid on credit card you may be able to dispute it if you have another shop write up an invoice saying it needs to be replaced due to incorrect installation.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:20 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:39 pm

That's a good idea. Covrgard is the brand of film but the problem is they're pretty new and based in the UK. And maybe I'm blind but I can't find a dealer locator on their website.

I figured since most of the film nowadays is kind of the same, you have to buy the installer. I chose poorly. :facepalm:
Maybe if they’re newer you could just reach out directly and they may try to make it right to avoid tarnishing the reputation in the states. Sorry you’re dealing with the :bs: man, $3k is a lot to think about flushing down the toilet.