The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I couldn't believe how big the Atlas feels inside.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:13 am 20 on the van is pretty bad but I guess it’s a rolling shipping container. Weird the atlas does better on fuel.

Did you test a 2.0T one or just the VR6? I wonder how laggy that motor feels in something this large.

Not surprising that it drives better than it should. Nice to hear. And I keep reading that they don’t really feel slow with the 6 cyl motor. Used ones are pretty decently priced, certainly lower than a pilot or highlander, and seem large enough.

Thanks for the input!
I think it mainly comes down to the trans, our van is a 2013 and that was the last year for the 5 speed. It drives fine, but it's nowhere near as responsive as the newer 8 speed in the VW.

We didn't test the 2.0T, neither of us had any interest in it with the VR6 being available. The only other car we drove was the Telluride, which my wife absolutely hated.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:15 am I couldn't believe how big the Atlas feels inside.
Yeah they're huge inside. They're REALLY wide. It's great. They still can't compete with the van in terms of cargo capacity, though, especially with the 3rd row in use.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:13 am 20 on the van is pretty bad but I guess it’s a rolling shipping container. Weird the atlas does better on fuel.

Did you test a 2.0T one or just the VR6? I wonder how laggy that motor feels in something this large.

Not surprising that it drives better than it should. Nice to hear. And I keep reading that they don’t really feel slow with the 6 cyl motor. Used ones are pretty decently priced, certainly lower than a pilot or highlander, and seem large enough.

Thanks for the input!
I think it mainly comes down to the trans, our van is a 2013 and that was the last year for the 5 speed. It drives fine, but it's nowhere near as responsive as the newer 8 speed in the VW.

We didn't test the 2.0T, neither of us had any interest in it with the VR6 being available. The only other car we drove was the Telluride, which my wife absolutely hated.
As an automatic hater, this really does make a massive difference. Our :jeep: gets the same/better MPG as your :minivan: ! :mindblown: , I think it comes down to gears.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:15 am I couldn't believe how big the Atlas feels inside.
I need to try atlas. I was impressed that the passport is huge than it looks. Id imagine atlas is like that in terms of width but not so much on height given the way it looks.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:54 pm
I need to try atlas. I was impressed that the passport is huge than it looks. Id imagine atlas is like that in terms of width but not so much on height given the way it looks.
It has a mile of headroom
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:00 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:54 pm

Yeah im gonna try that, it's basically a dad version of the car that I came from aka mk7 gti
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:37 pm

Yeah im gonna try that, it's basically a dad version of the car that I came from aka mk7 gti
Hmm :notsure: it's like 3 degrees of separation from an egg.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

The fast back looks dope but the trunk/hatch space is much less useable functionally.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:butwhy: would you want that?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Everything being discussed here is complete and utter seppuku and to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because you had twins.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:51 pm Everything being discussed here is complete and utter seppuku and to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because you had twins.
Honestly disagree. After driving the 4Runner and Outback back when I was convinced I wanted something that would fit in our really narrow third bay, getting back in my wife's Atlas was really nice. I'd take another Atlas over either one of those two things without question.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:51 pm Everything being discussed here is complete and utter seppuku and to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because you had twins.
Honestly disagree. After driving the 4Runner and Outback back when I was convinced I wanted something that would fit in our really narrow third bay, getting back in my wife's Atlas was really nice. I'd take another Atlas over either one of those two things without question.
But those are also seppuku.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:07 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm

:wrong: ler, amirite?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I have to say that say 4Runner compared to X3 is wildly different. The 4Runner is a POS in comparison, interior materials, seats, anemic 4.slow, shit mpg... shit 5 speed... The X3 is decent drive, reliability be damned. The 4 runner is just :disgust:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:07 pm

I mean it’s not really my thing but at least is a convertible and looks cool. Nothing :wrong: with a tool for a job but if I was our Turkish friend aka an unmarried male sans kids, no way in fucking hell I’m rocking an Atlas, Outback, or anything like that even if it is a really nice family vehicle.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:43 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:20 pm

I mean it’s not really my thing but at least is a convertible and looks cool. Nothing :wrong: with a tool for a job but if I was our Turkish friend aka an unmarried male sans kids, no way in fucking hell I’m rocking an Atlas, Outback, or anything like that even if it is a really nice family vehicle.
That's fair, I wouldn't either.

As for Wranglers, they are cool and all but that versus an Atlas or an Outback is a difference without a distinction to me. :iono:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:43 pm

As for Wranglers, they are cool and all but that versus an Atlas or an Outback is a difference without a distinction to me. :iono:
I think a two door manual soft top is an enthusiast vehicle and cool. Hard top four door is just a mom car that handles like ass. :iono: it’s a Jeep thing and I don’t really understand. I do love the fact that we have a soft top/convertible as our family car but outside of that, I’d love to dump it for like, the $20k X3 :melon: mentioned having via his lady.

Wranglers do look cool though.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 pm

I think a two door manual soft top is an enthusiast vehicle and cool. Hard top four door is just a mom car that handles like ass. :iono: it’s a Jeep thing and I don’t really understand. I do love the fact that we have a soft top/convertible as our family car but outside of that, I’d love to dump it for like, the $20k X3 :melon: mentioned having via his lady.

Thanks for the shout out….4 door wranglers with radio tires are mall crawlers for moms.

And I don’t think you’ll ever get it…and that’s ok! You do you boo
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm

Thanks for the shout out….4 door wranglers with radial tires are mall crawlers for moms.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm

Thanks for the shout out….4 door wranglers with radio tires are mall crawlers for moms.

I think they’re cool/fun but just not really my thing. Bombing down the beach in Wilmy is 100% its element though, then it’s super fun.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

FWIW it’s a great car, very well designed, so far reliable, is quite nice and refined for what it is. I’m just not a truck kinda guy.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:ohdang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:17 pm Image

:pouroneout: