:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:52 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:42 pm

:lolgasm: yea I’m taking the toddler to a rooftop bar next time
Who still goes to rooftop bars in their 30s?

House party, bonfire in the back yard, hang out with friends without paying 4x what you should for your drinks, and when the kid is ready to sleep put the little bugger down in a pack and play inside.

Laugh if you want I guess, but it's 100% on you if you let the kid ruin your life.
Cool people ? House parties are :gay: had 3 years of that during covid totally done with them.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’ve taken my toddler to rooftop bars. Just gotta go early is all.
The feeding schedule is tough but if you can work around that and bring a bottle then you can go nearly anywhere with them.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:06 pm

House party, bonfire in the back yard, hang out with friends without paying 4x what you should for your drinks, and when the kid is ready to sleep put the little bugger down in a pack and play inside.

Laugh if you want I guess, but it's 100% on you if you let the kid ruin your life.
My cousin John is the model of taking your kid everywhere.

As early as 1 year old he took his daughter to a fish concert. He proceeded like that for the last 16 years. She’s the most adjusted, go with the flow, outgoing 16 year old I know.

He’s in a little bit of trouble because she is getting to partying age, and she is most definitely gonna party.

He has already caught her (kinda) partying at his house while he is out of town. His neighbor called him and told him there was some noise coming from his backyard. She coordinated a shuttle for all the kids that came to the party so no one would park on the street. She also “hired” ushers that had to wear Masters shirts and hold up signs if people got too loud. Only reason she got caught was this neighbor happened to hear something and look over the fence. So he kinda created a monster. But if you know my cousin John (Dan may have met him), you know it was inevitable. My cousin John has the highest motor of anyone I know. That guy doesn’t have an off switch.

Anyway, he literally changed nothing about his life from the time she was born until now.
That’s definitely far to one extreme but I do think a balance is important. Kids should see that their parents have a life and the world isn’t just 100% about serving their needs. Sure, a kid might not adopt the parent’s interests specifically, but seeing them have passions, hobbies, etc seems important to me.

I say rock on, John. I’m guessing that’s not the Boxster guy?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I enjoy a good house party :iono:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:53 am

As early as 1 year old he took his daughter to a fish concert. He proceeded like that for the last 16 years. She’s the most adjusted, go with the flow, outgoing 16 year old I know.

He’s in a little bit of trouble because she is getting to partying age, and she is most definitely gonna party.

He has already caught her (kinda) partying at his house while he is out of town. His neighbor called him and told him there was some noise coming from his backyard. She coordinated a shuttle for all the kids that came to the party so no one would park on the street. She also “hired” ushers that had to wear Masters shirts and hold up signs if people got too loud. Only reason she got caught was this neighbor happened to hear something and look over the fence. So he kinda created a monster. But if you know my cousin John (Dan may have met him), you know it was inevitable. My cousin John has the highest motor of anyone I know. That guy doesn’t have an off switch.

Anyway, he literally changed nothing about his life from the time she was born until now.
That’s definitely far to one extreme but I do think a balance is important. Kids should see that their parents have a life and the world isn’t just 100% about serving their needs. Sure, a kid might not adopt the parent’s interests specifically, but seeing them have passions, hobbies, etc seems important to me.

I say rock on, John. I’m guessing that’s not the Boxster guy?
Naw, cockster is Shane. He isn’t even really related, my uncle kinda just calls him family.

Shane drives a cockster and has a 23 year old girlfriend at 46
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:54 am I enjoy a good house party :iono:
:wrong:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:54 am I enjoy a good house party :iono:
:dat: i find house parties way more enjoyable. Pretty much everyone is atleast a mutual friend. No paying drinks that essentially cost as much as an entree or appetizer. No worrying about some guy grinding on my :tits: like last time i went to a club recently. Im tellling you shit has changed or im getting :wap:

Ironically one of my friends in Turkey who did live in dc for a good 4 years we used to hit the clubs regularly cause we were single mid 20's cucks. And I visited him on my most recent Turkey visit a week ago to meet his 4 month old baby. It's crazy how things change.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:09 pm I’ve taken my toddler to rooftop bars. Just gotta go early is all.
The feeding schedule is tough but if you can work around that and bring a bottle then you can go nearly anywhere with them.
That may depend on which rooftop doe. My hotel has a rooftop bar which we do allow people who aren't guests and ive seen parents take their kids there. But its not exactly like a regular night club.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

This girl is going places. Already a legend.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:16 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:09 pm I’ve taken my toddler to rooftop bars. Just gotta go early is all.
That may depend on which rooftop doe. My hotel has a rooftop bar which we do allow people who aren't guests and ive seen parents take their kids there. But its not exactly like a regular night club.
Hotel rooftops tend to have somewhat lofty cocky prices but are otherwise a great spot to hang in a city you’re visiting. They tend to bee much more chill atmospheres while still offering nice views/vibes.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

There are some great hotel rooftop bars with gorgeous views in Portland. One of our couple friends likes to go hit them, so we tag along once in a while even though neither of us drink.
SAWCE

Somewhat more on topic, sister with the allroad reached back out to me about it. BIL is down in Utah this morning looking at some minivans, so depending on what kind of trade in offers they get for the allroad we may try to work out a deal. Definitely a step up from the 20-25 year old beater trucks I’ve been looking at the last few weeks :lol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tell them you want a PPI
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:53 pm Tell them you want a PPI
Yeah for sure. They had it into a mechanic recently when they decided they were for sure selling, and he gave it an all clear, but I’d want to have someone look it over as well.

It’s in nice shape. One long scratch in one of the plastic fenders, but that could probably be buffed out, and if not :aintcare: at the price range we’re talking.

Said scratch:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

They’re pretty cool cars IMO. What year is this again? I’d def proceed with caution on an older Audi.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:56 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:53 pm Tell them you want a PPI
Yeah for sure. They had it into a mechanic recently when they decided they were for sure selling, and he gave it an all clear, but I’d want to have someone look it over as well.

It’s in nice shape. One long scratch in one of the plastic fenders, but that could probably be buffed out, and if not :aintcare: at the price range we’re talking.
Year? Beware of the infamous tensioner issues if it's older then a mid-2013.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:notbad:
Dem tars look bald, doe.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:30 pm They’re pretty cool cars IMO. What year is this again? I’d def proceed with caution on an older Audi.
:dat: from the looks of it, it also has 114k miles. Which is right when shit starts hitting the fan for VAG products. They tend to be relatively trouble free before that.

Tires are busted... Also a shit ton of brake dust all over the wheels, which points to a :aintcare: owner.... And we all know how important maintenance is for these cars... What oil was used... when was it changed? was the trans even ever touched ?

I would say this car is no where over 4 figures and a :nope: from me.
max225

Ran KBB... $6400 private party 4300 trade in... i'd say that's fair.
SAWCE

2015. Prior to them taking ownership the last few years it was primarily driven by BIL’s dad, who is a car guy and kept it nicely maintained. Sid and BIL have been on top of routine maintenance, but with both of them working and having a toddler with kid two on the way things like regular washes have slipped, hence the brake dust and some dust inside.

We talking well under the five figure mark, so if they can afford that then it’ll be a fine purchase for me. Told them I’ve been browsing $4-6k vehicles and that’s all I’m looking to spend at this time. If that works for them, awesome, if not I told them to get whatever they could from it on a trade in or other private party sale. If they can afford to hook me up, sweet, but they know I have zero expectation of them taking a financial hit just to give me a deal.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:43 pm Ran KBB... $6400 private party 4300 trade in... i'd say that's fair.
Yep! That’s what we talked about. I’d happily pay $5k for this.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:48 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:43 pm Ran KBB... $6400 private party 4300 trade in... i'd say that's fair.
:notbad:
max225

I thought they wanted something like 12-16k... but maybe my memory has faded.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:03 pm

Yeah when she first offered it to me in like October(?) she had said they were looking for 10k.

She randomly texted me last night to say they were looking at some vehicles in Utah and wanted to see if I had any interest in it before they pulled a trigger. When I saw it this morning I told her about the vehicles I’ve been casually browsing and that right now my max budget is $6k but I’m looking more in the $4-5k range just for something to get me to the gym and back with more flexibility and she said they could probably do that, but she’d talk to BIL and see what kind of trade in offer he gets today.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:03 pm

Yeah when she first offered it to me in like October(?) she had said they were looking for 10k.

She randomly texted me last night to say they were looking at some vehicles in Utah and wanted to see if I had any interest in it before they pulled a trigger. When I saw it this morning I told her about the vehicles I’ve been casually browsing and that right now my max budget is $6k but I’m looking more in the $4-5k range just for something to get me to the gym and back with more flexibility and she said they could probably do that, but she’d talk to BIL and see what kind of trade in offer he gets today.
Curious what they get also... it is "tax season" and used car inventories are relatively low still unlike new car... so I'd be curious what the :dillerman: does.