OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:24 pm

It’s fine, but generally don’t want it. My issue is, I only want the egg on there if it’s over easy and has that gucci runny yolk, but in the hamburger format, that runny yolk just makes a mess all over your hands and chin when you bite in to break the yolk. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred I’m passing on the egg.
It requires an optional brioche that absorbs the runny yolk just so.
True. Bun type makes a huge difference in standing up to those messier toppings.
SAWCE

Got my first jury summons up here. 1 month service period on a grand jury lol. Hope I don’t get selected, or if I do that they honor my unavailable days of May 5-8 for my work trip to Hawaii.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:22 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 am Im on a second interview at a new gig and may go back to highway commute again. The director of hr put her 2 week notice along with fulltime night auditor and front office manager somehow did not come. Im now in Turkey for a little over a week cause i have sinus issues and put in a doctors note, so i used all my sick days and did my operation in Turkey, reconnected with a few friends due to limited time. Along with my grandparents, aunts, cousins etc. I cannot wait how this new gig unfolds, all i know is im getting a 20-30% increase in my salary. 2nd interview on Monday.
What's the gig, still in the hotel business?
Yes it is. It is assistant front office manager of a 2,000 room hotel, coming from a 178 room hotel.

I'm also considering switching industries probably government or car sales. I did apply a few, but have not heard back.

Also interview went well, I am expecting a call later this week or next week whether I move on to the next step or not.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Good moarnin everyone!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Morning!
SAWCE

Good morning!

Popped a fat burner and hit 25 minutes on the stationary bike with a full sweatsuit on right when I woke up. Got :sweaty: AF
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:09 am Good moarnin everyone!
:howdy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Casual Charlotte shit…..

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 am Good morning!

Popped a fat burner and hit 25 minutes on the stationary bike with a full sweatsuit on right when I woke up. Got :sweaty: AF
What is a fat burner?
max225

Probs ginseng and 1500mg of caffeine
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:47 pm Probs ginseng and 1500mg of caffeine
1500 MG?!?!?! I would die.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 pm
1500 MG?!?!?!
is that alot?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

Lol. :notwrong:

This one has some stimulants (jack up the heart rate) like caffeine, kola nuts, and Yerba mate; and mild diuretic (where most of the sweating comes from) with dandelion root, celery seed, and juniper berry; a metabolic complex (ramps your metabolism a little bit higher) with green, black, and oolong tea extracts; a thyroid support complex (healthy thyroid = healthy metabolism) with l-tyrosine and olive leaf extract; nootropics (mental focus/clarity) cocoa powder, DMAE, and huperzine-A; cortisol blocker (less cortisol = easier breakdown of fats for energy) with ashwaganda; and a CCK booster (appetite suppressant, probably the most important for most people lol) using cha-de-bugre and apple cider vinegar.

I like them mostly for the extra sweat, and the appetite suppressant. I use them any time I’m cutting for a show or in general. Nice thing with this one is the stimulants are all in one capsule, so you can skip that part if desired.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 pm

1500 MG?!?!?!
is that alot?
It's 10 cups of strong coffee... that in a pill sounds dangerous.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:53 pm

is that alot?
That sounds like speed…yes, it’s speed! Your steps away from some booger sugar!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

is that alot?
2 coffees already make me go a little crazy :sweat: . I'd be a menace for that much amount.
SAWCE

Gotta hit the ephedra and clenbuterol combo for that true cracked head weight loss plan
max225

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 pm

That sounds like speed…yes, it’s speed! Your steps away from some booger sugar!
No pain no gain
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Well, updates to the clusterfuck of my job:

1. Positive - got a raise today. 3.5% increase to base salary which works out to about 2.63% to overall OTE.
2. Negative - TWO people told me they're quitting today, the Sales Engineer for my region and my best inside sales guy/account manager.

This will increase my workload quite a bit as the sales engineer is responsible for assisting customers with system designs, product trainings, etc. I have three inside reps under me, the two who aren't leaving are fairly incompetent, so I will essentially have to take on the sales engineer duties for them to keep happening.

:disgust: but at least the raise goes to base pay which is guaranteed versus the hopes and dreams commission scheme. So I'll have a bit over $300 more/month coming in before taxes.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 pm Well, updates to the clusterfuck of my job:

1. Positive - got a raise today. 3.5% increase to base salary which works out to about 2.63% to overall OTE.
2. Negative - TWO people told me they're quitting today, the Sales Engineer for my region and my best inside sales guy/account manager.

This will increase my workload quite a bit as the sales engineer is responsible for assisting customers with system designs, product trainings, etc. I have three inside reps under me, the two who aren't leaving are fairly incompetent, so I will essentially have to take on the sales engineer duties for them to keep happening.

:disgust: but at least the raise goes to base pay which is guaranteed versus the hopes and dreams commission scheme. So I'll have a bit over $300 more/month coming in before taxes.
That doesn't sound that great.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 pm Well, updates to the clusterfuck of my job:

Ugh this seems to be happening everywhere... :(

I just found out a team member left and my boss was trying to poach my best direct report to back fill the other role... :notsure: if got him off my back... this is on top of a CFO departure and another departure on my team... we're pretty gutted.

I'd be pretty happy with the 3.5% increase.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:57 pm

I just found out a team member left and my boss was trying to poach my best direct report to back fill the other role... :notsure: if got him off my back... this is on top of a CFO departure and another departure on my team... we're pretty gutted.

Well 3.5% on base isn't quite 3.5 overall but I'm still fairly pleased with it. I kind of expect nothing at this point so it's a win.

Evidently my inside sales guy put in his two weeks and they just cut him off later in the day :wtf: I'm glad he gets two weeks off paid, he was great and deserves it. But RIP that part of my territory.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Found out that our new boiler that we had installed last summer is efficient enough to qualify for a $600 rebate from .gov. :fuckyeah: :troywax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:30 pm Found out that our new boiler that we had installed last summer is efficient enough to qualify for a $600 rebate from .gov. :fuckyeah: :troywax:
Oh hell yeah
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:10 am
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:57 pm

Well 3.5% on base isn't quite 3.5 overall but I'm still fairly pleased with it. I kind of expect nothing at this point so it's a win.

Evidently my inside sales guy put in his two weeks and they just cut him off later in the day :wtf: I'm glad he gets two weeks off paid, he was great and deserves it. But RIP that part of my territory.
I should be getting 3.1% increase in May when I hit my service date anniversary. Raises will come further apart after that, unless I can earn some out of cycle raises with my performance between them.