OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 am Im on a second interview at a new gig and may go back to highway commute again. The director of hr put her 2 week notice along with fulltime night auditor and front office manager somehow did not come. Im now in Turkey for a little over a week cause i have sinus issues and put in a doctors note, so i used all my sick days and did my operation in Turkey, reconnected with a few friends due to limited time. Along with my grandparents, aunts, cousins etc. I cannot wait how this new gig unfolds, all i know is im getting a 20-30% increase in my salary. 2nd interview on Monday.
What's the gig, still in the hotel business?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:27 pm

Have you thought about trying a mouth guard instead? That's what I do it's a nice middle ground.
I have, but the sleep study showed my blood oxygen level getting fairly low while I sleep, so this thing pumping oxygen into my lungs all night seems to be the way to go.

First night of sleep was.. meh. While I wasn’t snoring, I could definitely tell something was attached to my face. Will take a bit of getting used to that. I can control the humidity level of the air too, and my nose was a little dry this morning so I’ll bump that up one setting for tonight and see how it helps.
Hope it works out for you, man! My dad has one and since he's had Multiple System Atrophy, it's been tough. He will rip the mask off, forget he needs it, etc. It really does help him sleep when he uses it properly-ish :doe: I have a few buddies with them who absolutely won't go without as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:24 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:03 pm Any good/weird local chow?
NO. Maybe Green Lip Musdels Food was a 7. Like all of 1st World Oceania, (Hawaii, Australia, NZ)......there is a societal safety net that goes to the grand canyon, Everybody makes $80K-$120K......and people are polite but nobody tries that hard. ALL POSTAL WORKERS should emigrate to NZ/Aus. More money, same state of bliss staring at beige on the ceiling at night.

I'm not saying the Elon Musk sleep under our desk thing is the way to go, but it is quite Orwellian under the surface. Those comments are about the SERVICE. Which involved the preparation. Which was good to very good but no mind blown stuff. The burgers are WRONG. They put all kinds of shit on them including BEETS...........which they call beetroot down there. The idea of a smashburger with onions, pickles, and onion is a foreign thing in Oceania.

The only people who kick ass in Oceania are owner/operators. ZERO EMPLOYEES kick any ass.
Beet burger is a :nope:

Awesome pics though, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great mix of city, outdoor, car, all kinds of fun stuff.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

While I agree that beets on a burger is weird and wrong, I could be tempted to try it if they were sliced thin enough.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:23 am
SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:42 pm

I have, but the sleep study showed my blood oxygen level getting fairly low while I sleep, so this thing pumping oxygen into my lungs all night seems to be the way to go.

First night of sleep was.. meh. While I wasn’t snoring, I could definitely tell something was attached to my face. Will take a bit of getting used to that. I can control the humidity level of the air too, and my nose was a little dry this morning so I’ll bump that up one setting for tonight and see how it helps.
Hope it works out for you, man! My dad has one and since he's had Multiple System Atrophy, it's been tough. He will rip the mask off, forget he needs it, etc. It really does help him sleep when he uses it properly-ish :doe: I have a few buddies with them who absolutely won't go without as well.
Last night was better than the night before. I upped the humidity and lowered the temperature of the air coming in. Michelle said it was silent and didn’t hear the machine or any snoring, so I think we’re on the right path. Just need to keep getting used to it.

I saw a little travel version they have, so I need to see about picking that up for these next few work trips I have so I’m not having to pack this bigger machine.
SAWCE

Crown I got on my tooth Christmas of 2022 broke a week and a half ago.. don’t remember if I posted about that. Dentist who did the crown had an opening today, so getting it repaired under warranty. Got half my face numbed right now and it feels crazy.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:31 pm Crown I got on my tooth Christmas of 2022 broke a week and a half ago.. don’t remember if I posted about that. Dentist who did the crown had an opening today, so getting it repaired under warranty. Got half my face numbed right now and it feels crazy.
ugh, gross. I need to go to dentist too to have a crown adjusted...
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:22 pm While I agree that beets on a burger is weird and wrong, I could be tempted to try it if they were sliced thin enough.
I'd try it. I love beets. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:31 pm Crown I got on my tooth Christmas of 2022 broke a week and a half ago.. don’t remember if I posted about that. Dentist who did the crown had an opening today, so getting it repaired under warranty. Got half my face numbed right now and it feels crazy.

I hate that feeling. I'll sometimes go without any novocaine when he needs to drill just so I don't have that feeling afterward.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:22 pm While I agree that beets on a burger is weird and wrong, I could be tempted to try it if they were sliced thin enough.
It wasn't just the beets......all of their burgers had a panoply of shite on top.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:20 pm
ugh, gross. I need to go to dentist too to have a crown adjusted...
I guess what happened is when the original crown went on, she wanted to preserve as much of my tooth as possible, so the upper portion of the crown was only 1mm thick. She shaved an extra half millimeter off my tooth this time, so the crown will be thicker/stronger. Temporary on for now, and in two weeks I’ll get the permanent one on.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It wasn't just the beets......all of their burgers had a panoply of shite on top.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:22 pm
New retirement plan: move to NZ and open an “American” style smash burger joint with only the correct toppings as options.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:25 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:22 pm

New retirement plan: move to NZ and open an “American” style smash burger joint with only the correct toppings as options.
I think the better move is to open the Vodka Bar in Hawaii.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:30 pm

One for you, one for me.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hey man … :iswydt:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm

Hey man … :iswydt:
:wub:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:28 pm
I'd try it. I love beets. :iono:
I dig beets as well but I don't really want sweet stuff on a burger. LTOPMM and cheese are the only acceptable toppings to me. I guess bacon if you must, maybe a fried egg or some kind of aioli if you want to be :fancy:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I will never understand the whole "throw an egg on a burger" bs.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:03 pm I will never understand the whole "throw an egg on a burger" bs.
THANK YOU.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:03 pm I will never understand the whole "throw an egg on a burger" bs.
I like it! Kinda completes the whole farm in one meal!!
SAWCE

It’s fine, but generally don’t want it. My issue is, I only want the egg on there if it’s over easy and has that gucci runny yolk, but in the hamburger format, that runny yolk just makes a mess all over your hands and chin when you bite in to break the yolk. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred I’m passing on the egg.
SAWCE

Temp crown already broke :lol: got a cleaning scheduled for Thursday, so maybe they’ll slap another temp on for me until my appointment on the 5th where I get the real deal back on… otherwise it’s gonna be a painful two and a half weeks. My actual tooth is cracked and the nerve is exposed, so drinking anything that isn’t room temperature becomes an issue quick, and chewing needs to be kept on the right side which is not my dominant chewing side.

Might have to go back to blending all my food bros. Steakshakes are back on the menu!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

As mentioned, the classic toppings make for the best burger, but I enjoy the egg if I ever feel like getting exotic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:24 pm
It’s fine, but generally don’t want it. My issue is, I only want the egg on there if it’s over easy and has that gucci runny yolk, but in the hamburger format, that runny yolk just makes a mess all over your hands and chin when you bite in to break the yolk. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred I’m passing on the egg.
It requires an optional brioche that absorbs the runny yolk just so.