OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 pm

I'm actually kind of excited to go back to work. We're getting our ridiculous rings tomorrow.
Is this like super bowl rings for racing? :popcorn:
Yeah or a class ring to commemorate 300 wins
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

A good friend of mine just got promoted at work. He wants me to take his position as plant manager. Job upgrade incoming?!?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 pm A good friend of mine just got promoted at work. He wants me to take his position as plant manager. Job upgrade incoming?!?
What kind of plant?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 pm A good friend of mine just got promoted at work. He wants me to take his position as plant manager. Job upgrade incoming?!?
:fuckyeah: :popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:06 pm
What kind of plant?
Where you been?
Johnny_P

What kind of plant?
LNG
Its a plant that is always on call but essentially never operates. I think its been used twice in the last 3 years. Downside is its all hands on deck when its online which could be at any time of the day or night.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:14 pm

What kind of plant?
LNG
Its a plant that is always on call but essentially never operates. I think its been used twice in the last 3 years. Downside is its all hands on deck when its online which could be at any time of the day or night.
off loading or generation?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap

Man, had some crazy-ass weather this week. It hit 74F on Tuesday, sunny and beautiful, in FEBRUARY, which is usually still dead-of-winter in these parts. Then the bottom dropped out in the evening and we had rain storms, hail, and at least 11 tornados touch down in the Chicago area Tuesday night. Our town's tornado sirens went off around 6:30 and had to spend an hour or 2 in the basement until we got the all clear. During that time there was constant, repeated lightening flashes and a loud non-stop deep rumbling that we thought must have been a tornado near by, but weather radar didn't show one in our town so :iono: . But there were a several just a few miles away from us so maybe they're loud enough to be heard from that far away? After that, it was in the teens the last 2 mornings. Yesterday's lunchtime walk was brisk to say the least. Supposedly gonna be back up in the 40's today. Was 19F when I woke up.

:csb:
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:38 am

LNG
Liquefaction and storage, vaporization as needed.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:54 pm

What kind of plant?
Where you been?
Two weeks in New Zealand. Old friend of mine is a Boeing manager and is doing a tour of duty @ Boeing Australia in Melbourne. We rented a car and drove around both islands. Pretty kick ass.
Sprang for a Defender on the South Island. Diesel! Errthang is deez in NZ. Diesel is $ NZ 2.20/liter. Gas starts a dollar higher for 87.

NZ is gorgeous, clean, and devoid of any of the maladies which afflict society, which speaks to a social safety net that could span the Grand Canyon. Not sure where all the homeless are, but they aren't on the streets. Like most of the rest of Oceania, (Hawaii, Australia) your average New Zealander is quite content with his lot in life to be average, fat and happy. Don't look for five star service anywhere the owner is not the operator. The Elon Musk lifestyle is :butwhy: big time down there.

The summer weather was perfect (for me), between 60 and 70 errday. That would not be the case in July. Wellington is a lovely town, as is Christchurch. Two weeks is not enough, in retirement I would book one month were I to return, and I likely will. Travel was PERFECT. Business lie flats, SIXT car rental performed magnificently, every hotel reservation was smooth sailing. Great trip.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

What kind of plant?
LNG
How much of a pay bump?
golftdibrad1

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:51 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:38 am

Liquefaction and storage, vaporization as needed.
I'd consider it. Since the idiots wont allow more NG pipelines over the appalachian mountains, the east coast in general will always be in NG deficit. Therefore, unless that changes, as you said the plant won't run much.

On the other side of that.... the plant might get decommissioned or sold and then what.... but plant manager on the olde resume will go a long way to secure a new position.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:06 am

Where you been?
Two weeks in New Zealand. Old friend of mine is a Boeing manager and is doing a tour of duty @ Boeing Australia in Melbourne. We rented a car and drove around both islands. Pretty kick ass.
Sprang for a Defender on the South Island. Diesel! Errthang is deez in NZ. Diesel is $ NZ 2.20/liter. Gas starts a dollar higher for 87.

NZ is gorgeous, clean, and devoid of any of the maladies which afflict society, which speaks to a social safety net that could span the Grand Canyon. Not sure where all the homeless are, but they aren't on the streets. Like most of the rest of Oceania, (Hawaii, Australia) your average New Zealander is quite content with his lot in life to be average, fat and happy. Don't look for five star service anywhere the owner is not the operator. The Elon Musk lifestyle is :butwhy: big time down there.

The summer weather was perfect (for me), between 60 and 70 errday. That would not be the case in July. Wellington is a lovely town, as is Christchurch. Two weeks is not enough, in retirement I would book one month were I to return, and I likely will. Travel was PERFECT. Business lie flats, SIXT car rental performed magnificently, every hotel reservation was smooth sailing. Great trip.
Sounds like an awesome trip, glad you enjoyed it :like:
wap

Where you been?

:fuckyeah: Sounds 5/7. How long was the flight? Direct or stopover? And where are the goddam pics, Dirk??
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:21 am

:fuckyeah: Sounds 5/7. How long was the flight? Direct or stopover? And where are the goddam pics, Dirk??
LAX to Nadi Fiji was 11 hours. Nadi to Wellington was 3. I'll see what I can do on pics.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:23 am
wap wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:21 am

LAX to Nadi Fiji was 11 hours. Nadi to Wellington was 3. I'll see what I can do on pics.
woof. That's a long day but doable, obv.

Lot of lamb on the menu there?

In4pics.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Hell yeah Breh, sounds awesome.

Took today and tomorrow off myself to head to Denver. Get a weekend of debauchery in before things get too serious with the pregnancy and responsibility that comes with :baby: Gonna be holed up in my buddy’s basement with him doing copious amounts of various drugs.

Full work week next week, then week after I head to DC for four days with my small group at work. Got three days in Seattle the first week of April with our whole team, then I got added to a trip to Honolulu the second week of May with another group for 4 days. Bringing Michelle with me to HI.
golftdibrad1

my new pew pew is at the retailer. goody gumdrops
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 pm my new pew pew is at the retailer. goody gumdrops
What size pews come out of it?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:24 pm Hell yeah Breh, sounds awesome.

Took today and tomorrow off myself to head to Denver. Get a weekend of debauchery in before things get too serious with the pregnancy and responsibility that comes with :baby: Gonna be holed up in my buddy’s basement with him doing copious amounts of various drugs.

Full work week next week, then week after I head to DC for four days with my small group at work. Got three days in Seattle the first week of April with our whole team, then I got added to a trip to Honolulu the second week of May with another group for 4 days. Bringing Michelle with me to HI.
I knew this was gonna happen, i had to go to turkey next week for a week and a half
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 pm my new pew pew is at the retailer. goody gumdrops
9 x 19 mm :D
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 pm

9 x 19 mm :D
:nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:24 pm Hell yeah Breh, sounds awesome.

That’s a lot of travel! At least they’re good destinations overall though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:impressive: Do you think you’re going to go for it?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Where you been?

That sounds kick ass! I spent a lot of time with a New Zealander at a recent work networking function in Vancouver and he was indeed the most chill guy there (bunch of business owners). I hope to get over there one day, although brutal flights from Flyover country aka the East Coast.