OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Work can eat it. Another round of promotions, another round of getting passed over. I'm so over this place, need to get TF out.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:55 pm Took today through Friday off. Buddy from OKC brought his wife and kids out to go skiing. Up in the mountain now. Getting some fresh snow as we ride.
Man you're living the life my dude.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 pm Work can eat it. Another round of promotions, another round of getting passed over. I'm so over this place, need to get TF out.
Have melon.
Will travel.

Say the word.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

wap wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:41 pm Where TF is everybody today? :|
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:20 pm
wap wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:41 pm Where TF is everybody today? :|
:hai: :melon: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:55 pm Took today through Friday off. Buddy from OKC brought his wife and kids out to go skiing. Up in the mountain now. Getting some fresh snow as we ride.
:fuckyeah:

That sounds awesome man. :jelly:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 pm Work can eat it. Another round of promotions, another round of getting passed over. I'm so over this place, need to get TF out.
Fuck man :disgust:

My work just seems to want to clean house. Firing people on the regular… making quotas impossible to hit. Definitely not a great environment.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

We had a happy hour today with beer at 3pm for winning the Daytona 500.

They also had the 40th anniversary cars they're bringing to Martinsville out on display in the parking lot behind my building.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:05 pm

My work just seems to want to clean house. Firing people on the regular… making quotas impossible to hit. Definitely not a great environment.
Ain't that the way. Set ridiculous quotas, sack the bottom 20%, hire in fresh to replace them and do it all over again the next year.

Gotta love corporate life.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

wap wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:50 pm

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:10 pm
Man you're living the life my dude.
I really have nothing I could seriously complain about.
SAWCE

I thought you got fired for a second the other night.. saw your post on LinkedIn and didn’t realize at first that you were sharing someone else’s post and thought it was your own. Was :sad: for a second until I realized.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:55 am

I thought you got fired for a second the other night.. saw your post on LinkedIn and didn’t realize at first that you were sharing someone else’s post and thought it was your own. Was :sad: for a second until I realized.
I think I'm good, I seem to still be on the positive list. So I'm happy about that, but it is a vibe when you find out someone you've worked with for years is canned at least once a month.
wap

Melon2.0 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 am

:lolol: :wub:
wap

Shit, these workplace :disgust: stories is making me all :eeyore: for y'all. Not that my sitch is any great shakes but I'm not in any serious fear of being shitcanned. Maybe that's naive but :iono: . I believe I'm also finally kinda at the point where I could :aintcare: if I was let go off and just live out my remaining months on the contents of my stuffed mattress and sucking on the SS teat.
SAWCE

It’d probably be a huge pay cut for most people in here, but if anyone ever wants to jump ship to .gov, just shoot me your resume and I can keep an eye out for openings within my org and field them out to friends in a few other orgs. Pay is meh, but benefits and quality of life are solid. Pension isn’t what it once was, but we do still have that going for us as well.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'll keep an eye out for sales positions at HMS
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:49 pm I'll keep an eye out for sales positions at HMS
I’d possibly consider jumping ship! I do like my industry and as much as I bitch I semi enjoy my actual job (as much as one can enjoy being forced to do something for 40-50 hours a week). I just hate the corporate :bs: , terrible leadership, and sketchy commission/pay structure.

End of the day I’m still getting paid way more than an average American and I sit at my house or travel to places I generally enjoy so it’s not all that bad.

It’s just been a hard adjustment having a great leader of my division leave, going public. Definitely more of a “you’re a cog/spreadsheet cell” type vibe.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:07 pm Shit, these workplace :disgust: stories is making me all :eeyore: for y'all. Not that my sitch is any great shakes but I'm not in any serious fear of being shitcanned. Maybe that's naive but :iono: . I believe I'm also finally kinda at the point where I could :aintcare: if I was let go off and just live out my remaining months on the contents of my stuffed mattress and sucking on the SS teat.
You should :doit:

:iono: I still highly doubt I’ll get canned. My review was good. Surely after 5+ years of great sales performance, a shit 2024 wouldn’t negate all that. I’ve brought them $10+ million in incremental revenue growth and last year hit 100% of my $40 million quota. So they can suck my :balls: if that’s not good enough.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:09 am
wap wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:07 pm Shit, these workplace :disgust: stories is making me all :eeyore: for y'all. Not that my sitch is any great shakes but I'm not in any serious fear of being shitcanned. Maybe that's naive but :iono: . I believe I'm also finally kinda at the point where I could :aintcare: if I was let go off and just live out my remaining months on the contents of my stuffed mattress and sucking on the SS teat.

:iono: I still highly doubt I’ll get canned. My review was good. Surely after 5+ years of great sales performance, a shit 2024 wouldn’t negate all that. I’ve brought them $10+ million in incremental revenue growth and last year hit 100% of my $40 million quota. So they can suck my :balls: if that’s not good enough.
Have you thought about renegotiating this quota thing?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:howdy: im back.

Im starting to get some signs of layoffs at my place too, and price increase changes. I may consider leaving my work soon probably when summer is approaching. There are gonna be a bunch of new hotels opening in dc towards late summer that I will keep an eye out.

Also :plac: for this year is probably not gonna happen.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

It's more and more on my mind lately, TBH. I'm still able to do my job(s) at a high level, though I am convinced the "being put out to pasture" phase of my career is now in effect:

-banished to manage an off-site warehouse 3 days/week which leaves me away from the corporate environment and out of the loop on many things.
-uninvited from weekly purchasing strategy meetings when I have decades more experience and much deeper knowledge of our inventory and sales' requirements,
having been in sales for 25 years before moving to Inventory Control than the "global supply chain director" :derp: they hired a couple years ago.
- I used to frequently provide in-depth analysis of historical usage for various products in our inventory as part of our purchasing decisions but have not been asked for any of that for almost a year now. And they wonder how we got overstocked in so many items lately. :rolleyes:
-almost uninvited from our monthly Teams managers meeting until it was mentioned by a friendly coworker that I was no longer on the list before being reinstated.
-we've been working on getting a new ERP system for the last couple of years now and I have yet to be included in a single meeting or training session, even though I probably have the deepest knowledge of our current system than anybody else here (I was involved in the launch of our current system BACK IN 1995!) and could definitely contribute to discussions about what is needed in the new system. I also have no idea who will train me when we finally go live with the new system. Maybe that will be my time to :gtfo: and avoid all the inevitable headaches involved with the switch, lol. :iono:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:18 am

:howdy: im back.

Im starting to get some signs of layoffs at my place too, and price increase changes. I may consider leaving my work soon probably when summer is approaching. There are gonna be a bunch of new hotels opening in dc towards late summer that I will keep an eye out.

Also :plac: for this year is probably not gonna happen.
You should :doit: . Summer seems like peak season to maximize your worth in your industry.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:01 am

Have you thought about renegotiating this quota thing?
:lolol: I have asked. Problem is twofold.
1. The newer leadership gives zero fucks about advocating to get their people paid.
2. The culture after becoming a public company is completely different and everything has to be standardized. Back when I was in inside sales I actually had the highest commission rate at the company due to my boss wanting to keep me around and valuing what I did enough to think that was justified, they took all that away in early '23. Hence why I was awarded a 'Sales MVP' as a top 10 growth contributor out of like 120 people and still made like $15K less. My friend Emily (not sure if you've met her at our house ever) was also an MVP and made $28K less. Then they gave us each $50.

I did ask for a salary increase which is the only real path, to which they said no raises until April, so kind of waiting to see what happens there.

It's just an interesting model, the pay is really pretty middle of the road for the industry, but they keep moving more and more towards it just being salary and taking away the upside of over performing. Doesn't make much sense to me as incentivizing the sales team would, you know, generate more revenue and profit.

It's tricky though as I like the team, I like the customers, I enjoy the product set. I could probably go over to a company focused on like Zoom/Teams rooms hardware and make more money but that's boring AF to me. I had an interview with a video surveillance manufacturer earlier this week which seems to pay more, but again, less excited about it. If that goes anywhere I may roll the dice and see if I can leverage it for a salary increase.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:37 am

It's more and more on my mind lately, TBH. I'm still able to do my job(s) at a high level, though I am convinced the "being put out to pasture" phase of my career is now in effect:

-banished to manage an off-site warehouse 3 days/week which leaves me away from the corporate environment and out of the loop on many things.
-uninvited from weekly purchasing strategy meetings when I have decades more experience and much deeper knowledge of our inventory and sales' requirements,
having been in sales for 25 years before moving to Inventory Control than the "global supply chain director" :derp: they hired a couple years ago.
- I used to frequently provide in-depth analysis of historical usage for various products in our inventory as part of our purchasing decisions but have not been asked for any of that for almost a year now. And they wonder how we got overstocked in so many items lately. :rolleyes:
-almost uninvited from our monthly Teams managers meeting until it was mentioned by a friendly coworker that I was no longer on the list before being reinstated.
-we've been working on getting a new ERP system for the last couple of years now and I have yet to be included in a single meeting or training session, even though I probably have the deepest knowledge of our current system than anybody else here (I was involved in the launch of our current system BACK IN 1995!) and could definitely contribute to discussions about what is needed in the new system. I also have no idea who will train me when we finally go live with the new system. Maybe that will be my time to :gtfo: and avoid all the inevitable headaches involved with the switch, lol. :iono:
Dang man, that is quite a laundry list. I would probably consider 'quiet quitting' if I were you :lolol: