OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:46 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:21 am

That’s good to hear.. I think you had mentioned looking at other options because you were worried about being downsized before.
I am still looking, but not because I'm afraid of being downsized. More tired of being passed over by leadership. I work with a lot of great people but leadership has clearly come to the conclusion that my career isn't going anywhere.

Now that I'm planning to go back to school for my DPT, though, I'm much more :aintcare: about it.
:nice:
SAWCE

Image link button is back. Odd that it was not showing last night.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Those are nice !
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:12 pmThose are nice !
:dat:
You get that :jizz: off the mirror yet?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:23 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:12 pmThose are nice !
:dat:
You get that :jizz: off the mirror yet?
lol no, I should do that now. Morning was spent :jizz: in a cup at the doctor’s office.
Desertbreh

Chair is deluxe. Nice multiple spooge day. NICE CAT BRO.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:38 pm Chair is deluxe. Nice multiple spooge day. NICE CAT BRO.
Spooge tonight, tomorrow, and Friday… Dr.’s orders :hubba:

He’s a cool cat. Has gotten super cuddly the last month or so. Likes to chill on my lap while I work now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:10 pm Image link button is back. Odd that it was not showing last night.

Looks like the :pussy: likes the new mirror!
SAWCE

Work has been a pain in the dick the last two weeks. We just got a new contract writing system, and of course they promised it’ll be the best thing ever ZOMG!!! Even with the transition period being most of the last full year, it’s still an epic flop with bugs left and right. I have several contract mods that need to be in the contractors’ hands, just waiting for someone to figure out what’s wrong on the backend. I think where they really fucked up, is they tried to roll this out to the entire department of commerce all at once instead of going one or two organizations at a time. So now there are thousands of new users flooding the system and servers, and the help team doesn’t have nearly the bandwidth needed to keep up with people’s issues.

This system has a few pros over the old system we used, but I fear it’ll be close to a year before all the bugs are worked out and it operates as intended and we actually reap those benefits. Le sigh.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:27 pm Work has been a pain in the dick the last two weeks. We just got a new contract writing system, and of course they promised it’ll be the best thing ever ZOMG!!! Even with the transition period being most of the last full year, it’s still an epic flop with bugs left and right. I have several contract mods that need to be in the contractors’ hands, just waiting for someone to figure out what’s wrong on the backend. I think where they really fucked up, is they tried to roll this out to the entire department of commerce all at once instead of going one or two organizations at a time. So now there are thousands of new users flooding the system and servers, and the help team doesn’t have nearly the bandwidth needed to keep up with people’s issues.

This system has a few pros over the old system we used, but I fear it’ll be close to a year before all the bugs are worked out and it operates as intended and we actually reap those benefits. Le sigh.
You work for the .gov bro. Expected bureaucracy is expected.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:42 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:27 pm Work has been a pain in the dick the last two weeks. We just got a new contract writing system, and of course they promised it’ll be the best thing ever ZOMG!!! Even with the transition period being most of the last full year, it’s still an epic flop with bugs left and right. I have several contract mods that need to be in the contractors’ hands, just waiting for someone to figure out what’s wrong on the backend. I think where they really fucked up, is they tried to roll this out to the entire department of commerce all at once instead of going one or two organizations at a time. So now there are thousands of new users flooding the system and servers, and the help team doesn’t have nearly the bandwidth needed to keep up with people’s issues.

Still probs gets to get home at 5pm and not check shit until the next day until 9am. The cucks can wait.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:53 pm

Still gets to close the laptop at 3pm and not check shit until the next day until 630am. The cucks can wait.
FTFY

But yeah. Overall I can’t really complain.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Sounds a lot like where I work at a publicly traded cuckporation . They continually acquire more companies, roll out new ‘efficiencies’ with software, fire people, launch new sales programs/products/ideas all with zero plan for the implications.

:ohwell:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Got up at the wrong alarm this morning and showed up to work an hour early.

:rage:

Speaking of workplace efficiencies, Porsche Consulting will be here starting Monday to help us out with that.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

weekend planz?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:45 pm Sounds a lot like where I work at a publicly traded cuckporation . They continually acquire more companies, roll out new ‘efficiencies’ with software, fire people, launch new sales programs/products/ideas all with zero plan for the implications.

:ohwell:
That sure does sound familiar.
Desertbreh

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:53 am Got up at the wrong alarm this morning and showed up to work an hour early.

Speaking of workplace efficiencies, Porsche Consulting will be here starting Monday to help us out with that.
Huh? No other time devices between alarm and work alerted you to the error?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:32 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:53 am Got up at the wrong alarm this morning and showed up to work an hour early.

Imagine if a compass malfunctioned. HE would have ended up in a lake
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:54 am

Imagine if a compass malfunctioned. HE would have ended up in a lake
Michael Cale Scott
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Well my real alarm went off as I was in the car halfway there, but no once I'm up I generally don't check the time. I have my routine and traffic is never an issue. The problem is my old 4am alarm transferred over from my last phone, but isn't in the alarm app so I have no idea how to disable it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:32 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:55 am

I've been busy especially since the last thanksgiving and also work has been crazy too, things are fairly calm now.

Yes I have and now I have gotten a lot better. I'm prescribed temporarily with a bunch of shit. Throughout multiple visits, I have been prescribed with doxycycline monohydrate, dexamethasone, montelukast tablets and ipratropium nose drops. Straight away it was night and day. Then they suggested to do an xray then I can book the following appointment to see what procedure needs to be done (or should I say atleast what this :bobble: thinks). I swear to god I was :rage: . For one, this requires me to take time off of work for 2 weeks (I'm saving it for Turkey this upcoming summer for 3 weeks), and this has been done in Turkey in 2021, and that procedure only took 15 mins tops, they dug up the blockage with a straight metal thing to take all the gunk out. My parents were with me this time around to support. It was just an unnecessary discussion with the doctor, I was literally lowkey :rolleyes: They literally thought it was done, my dad and I especially were like :dafuq: and saying the healthcare here is a fucking joke even with this. They suggested I should fly to Turkey for 4 days just to get this shit done, which I had considered. But working in the hotel, this shit has to be taking care of ahead of time.

As for sinuses, since I started taking them daily for a week or 2, it only happened literally twice, due to drastic temp changes.

I'm very fortunate that I'm not usually that gets sick on a regular basis. I swear something about this country sucks, especially the healthcare. Also knowing that it can do a lot better.
So did the meds fix the stuffy sinus issue, and there is a second problem that requires surgery? Or is that all related to the same problem? I think I have the same thing, but an over the counter medicated nasal spray clears me up for 12 hrs, and then it comes back again partially or fully. I'm trying to figure out if there's a root cause for this issue, but haven't got to the bottom of it. May review with the family MD soon
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy all over the place.

So what happened in Turkey was there's no xray or catscan involved (unlike this time). At the time, I didn't get a healthcare coverage. Now that I got healthcare, and this sinuses started to come back again (doctor in Turkey said this happens at every 2 year interval). Now that I have gotten kaiser permanante, I went to the doctor to address. With the checkup, he prescribed the meds which did basically made the issue disappear. Once I finally arranged cat scan, I made another appointment once things have been finalized. The reason why there is a legit surgery is that based on the ct scan, while I may breathe again, the blockage did cause some of the nostrils to go up to my eyes. This surgery requires atleast one week off from work, however I discovered I have a week full of sick days and should have 8 day sick day seniority next month. But at the time, I was :rage: cause I did not want to risk not going to turkey again next summer. Speaking of which, I have equivalent of 3.5 week of pto that I will use it all for Turkey + Europe (Belgium/Germany or Croatia) and Greece. I will also have a week off in California (LA + surrounding areas) as well this upcoming April.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:21 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:32 pm

So did the meds fix the stuffy sinus issue, and there is a second problem that requires surgery? Or is that all related to the same problem? I think I have the same thing, but an over the counter medicated nasal spray clears me up for 12 hrs, and then it comes back again partially or fully. I'm trying to figure out if there's a root cause for this issue, but haven't got to the bottom of it. May review with the family MD soon

So what happened in Turkey was there's no xray or catscan involved (unlike this time). At the time, I didn't get a healthcare coverage. Now that I got healthcare, and this sinuses started to come back again (doctor in Turkey said this happens at every 2 year interval). Now that I have gotten kaiser permanante, I went to the doctor to address. With the checkup, he prescribed the meds which did basically made the issue disappear. Once I finally arranged cat scan, I made another appointment once things have been finalized. The reason why there is a legit surgery is that based on the ct scan, while I may breathe again, the blockage did cause some of the nostrils to go up to my eyes. This surgery requires atleast one week off from work, however I discovered I have a week full of sick days and should have 8 day sick day seniority next month. But at the time, I was :rage: cause I did not want to risk not going to turkey again next summer. Speaking of which, I have equivalent of 3.5 week of pto that I will use it all for Turkey + Europe (Belgium/Germany or Croatia) and Greece. I will also have a week off in California (LA + surrounding areas) as well this upcoming April.
Thanks for the heads up, when you find out what the surgery is/does/is called, then let me know too. I'm curious, because I'm always stuffy and can get it to go away with medicated nasal spray, but might need to do the same thing.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:53 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up, when you find out what the surgery is/does/is called, then let me know too. I'm curious, because I'm always stuffy and can get it to go away with medicated nasal spray, but might need to do the same thing.
My seniority will roll in on 9th in next month and I'll see if i want to move forward.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

French bread loaf. Turned out awesome.

Ribeye roasts were on sale, so we grabbed one of those.. cooked that up with carrots, yellow onion, a little baby potato medley, and mushrooms. 5/7.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:26 am weekend planz?
I had a pajama party and it was fun.