IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:55 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:43 pm
Tacoma works as a kid hauler... I tested it out and I would strap the kid in with a belt in the middle. The issue is... the wife can't drive it... so if I go to work on the I4 she is a lame duck at home... and... I don't think I want to commute 100 miles in the taco @ $6 a gallon and 17mpg

As far as cybercuck It is one of the reasons I want to "wait". My broke buddy is like within the first 5k units in line.... it would work... I think... just for a lulz mobile. But I feel like it may be vaporware on tesla's part... The delivery event was staged AF.... and daddy elon said they won't reach volume until 2025... which likely means 2027... which means there will be maybe a couple of hundred trucks in the first year... and a couple of thousand in Y2.
Maybe I missed this, but how long is your commute?
MY dude you quoted it... 100 miles R/T
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:56 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:55 pm

Maybe I missed this, but how long is your commute?
yea, just couldn't believe it. That sounds heinous.....
max225

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:57 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:56 pm

yea, just couldn't believe it. That sounds heinous.....
You know what sounds more heinous? Spending an extra $1.5 MILLION on an equivalent property. That's like taking out 3 extra jobs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:24 pm

If your Tacoma seat can go back to its normal driving position, then maybe that could work ok too.

The cyber truck buy would be the coolest option IMO
Tacoma works as a kid hauler... I tested it out and I would strap the kid in with a belt in the middle. The issue is... the wife can't drive it... so if I go to work on the I4 she is a lame duck at home... and... I don't think I want to commute 100 miles in the taco @ $6 a gallon and 17mpg

As far as cybercuck It is one of the reasons I want to "wait". My broke buddy is like within the first 5k units in line.... it would work... I think... just for a lulz mobile. But I feel like it may be vaporware on tesla's part... The delivery event was staged AF.... and daddy elon said they won't reach volume until 2025... which likely means 2027... which means there will be maybe a couple of hundred trucks in the first year... and a couple of thousand in Y2.
All makes sense. Things might be clearer in a year, so maybe the cuckoma to work until then still makes sense. If depreciation on the cuckoma is a factor because of the extra mileage, then off it now and get tits her suv of choice and drive her bimmer.

Did I hear that the cybercuck is a death trap with terrible crash ratings? Fk that thing, bro.

This is why I drive the cuckmmie, and wife still has her Touareg, cars suck.
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:01 pm

All makes sense. Things might be clearer in a year, so maybe the cuckoma to work until then still makes sense. If depreciation on the cuckoma is a factor because of the extra mileage, then off it now and get tits her suv of choice and drive her bimmer.

Did I hear that the cybercuck is a death trap with terrible crash ratings? Fk that thing, bro.

This is why I drive the cuckmmie, and wife still has her Touareg, cars suck.
No idea about anything cybertruck. I watched the fake PROMO videos put out by most famous car reviewers... and it all seems STAGED. They are clearly in shittily made prototypes running unknown motors... For ex a CT shouldn't out accelerate a R1T by a massive margin... The model X with 200 hp EXTRA and 1000lb LESS is the same speed... it just doesn't make sense... I own 3 tesla products and I just don't believe this one... something seems like snake oil.

I am not worried about Tacoma depreciation. It's more like pure waste to drive it to work when I have a "free" i4 for the same route.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:24 pm

If your Tacoma seat can go back to its normal driving position, then maybe that could work ok too.

The cyber truck buy would be the coolest option IMO

The entire woman REFUSING to drive :manuel: is very annoying. Feels man. It would solve a lot of issues if they would just be willing to do it even occasionally in a pinch.

EVERYONE who drove a car drove manuals for many decades. My mom can do it, she's the worst driver I've ever ridden with. Come on ladies, it ain't that difficult.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, planning on getting a 'Cyber :truk: ' is a big :nope: .... that shit won't be a real thing for years to come. It will probably be pretty sweet when it's here, but man, god only knows when that will be.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:10 pm

The entire woman REFUSING to drive :manuel: is very annoying. Feels man. It would solve a lot of issues if they would just be willing to do it even occasionally in a pinch.

EVERYONE who drove a car drove manuals for many decades. My mom can do it, she's the worst driver I've ever ridden with. Come on ladies, it ain't that difficult.
To add insult to injury, I think my woman loves tacomas MORE THAN ME. She passed her driving test in one... it was our Honeymoon car. ( I was trying to take our kid home in one, but that got veto'd due to her surgery).
But she has a huge soft spot for it... and frankly is the reason I still have it... SHE PROMISED ME SHE WOULD LEARN. But she chickened out 1/2 way through the process after having mastered the N-1 shift... after which it is all cake. Then we had the CF and now it's just sitting... because of multiple reasons... Last time I got a full tank was in JULY... i then topped it off in late November because I didn't want the gas to get stale
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Number crunch the gas cost + depreciation vs lease cost on a second EV... if they are about the same then pick the one you like driving better. Might be a tight race after all.
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:15 pm Number crunch the gas cost + depreciation vs lease cost on a second EV... if they are about the same then pick the one you like driving better. Might be a tight race after all.
HA! Already done did... I keep a running log of the ownership costs of every car I am interested in...

But let me preface this with... I am not looking to get the CHEAPEST THING out there.

Cheap Defender (70k msrp) 1800/month
V8 Defender 110msrp 2600/month
I4 $711/month (inclusive of downpayment)
IX $1100/month (inclusive of downpayment)
Tacoma 662/month at 3k miles per year (current sitch)
Tacoma $1100/month @ 12k miles per year

The way I see it... it's an extra $300 a month to drive the IX and have it be the commuter/family car (it has gotten cheaper since I got mine back in july otherwise $400). It is also just about 450 a month extra to use the tacoma as such... it is literally a wash.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Impressive! Close race, I'd go with the cheapest i4 option first, and Taco or IX depending on which one brings me more joy as a close second, probably end up driving the wife's i4 to work more often then not if I got the IX. Defender doesn't appeal to me enough to trade for the taco, tbh. Both are cool gas guzzlers. But I'm not in the same financial bracket, so the extra 700 - 1500 per month hit doesn't seem worth it.
max225

Tar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:32 pm Impressive! Close race, I'd go with the cheapest i4 option first, and Taco or IX depending on which one brings me more joy as a close second, probably end up driving the wife's i4 to work more often then not if I got the IX. Defender doesn't appeal to me enough to trade for the taco, tbh. Both are cool gas guzzlers. But I'm not in the same financial bracket, so the extra 700 - 1500 per month hit doesn't seem worth it.
It is kind of insane to me that I just went from $2700 a month for 3 cars... to ~$1400 or so. Brining the defender into the equation would bring me right back to the same price with just 2 cars..

Yep... that's kind of the "problem" the way the equation works for the defender...
I4 stays (cheap commuter)
Defender gets low miles and is more of a special occasion/weekend fam car. there is just no way around the defender's cost of entry+gas + what I am anticipating to be 50% depreciation in 4 years. 40k is a lot to swallow over 4 years
max225

So in a final kick ... BMW has charged me for 2 more months for the IX... since agreeing to the buyback... as it took 4+ weeks to turn it in...
Now BMFS is being completely :fullretard: ... they claim they can't refund... they send to the IX "team" who then calls BMWFS... who is now asking me to contact the case manager who originally approved the buyback and said to contact BMWFS... full CIRCLE JERK. Once again 3 parties involved who are not connected to one another or know what the fuck is going on... each thinking the other party is responsible.

This company is run by absolute CLOWNs.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:11 pm So in a final kick ... BMW has charged me for 2 more months for the IX... since agreeing to the buyback... as it took 4+ weeks to turn it in...
Now BMFS is being completely :fullretard: ... they claim they can't refund... they send to the IX "team" who then calls BMWFS... who is now asking me to contact the case manager who originally approved the buyback and said to contact BMWFS... full CIRCLE JERK. Once again 3 parties involved who are not connected to one another or know what the fuck is going on... each thinking the other party is responsible.

This company is run by absolute CLOWNs.
Wow
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Brutal.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This landed in my IG feed, CT looks pretty good in safety testing
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Watch closely at the rear seat passenger. This thing looks maybe too stiff during front impact.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:42 pm Watch closely at the rear seat passenger. This thing looks maybe too stiff during front impact.
It’s hard to say anything about those test results without data to back them up. The passenger cell stayed intact but we know nothing about the forces exerted on the test dummies. The rear axle deformation there was pretty extreme so it carried a ton of momentum through the crumple zone which is not great.

TBD really.
Johnny_P

I’m also reading CT as “cuck truck”
I miss Chris
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:51 pm I’m also reading CT as “cuck truck”
I miss Chris
:dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Yeah it'll always be cuck truck to me, which anyone who buys a CT is definitely sucking it
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:51 pm I’m also reading CT as “cuck truck”
I miss Chris
Yea I hope he is doing well, miss his stories and banter.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:16 am Yeah it'll always be cuck truck to me, which anyone who buys a CT is definitely sucking it
Haha
I dunno man. Whoever buys one will be internet famous. Think of the YouTube revenue just from complaining about it. And then the gold mine of taking it off-road and getting it stuck or something.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I did give Camisa's video a listen and man... he is really selling the thing. I didn't make it to the end though.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:56 am I did give Camisa's video a listen and man... he is really selling the thing. I didn't make it to the end though.
Yea … I mean I don’t hate Elon as much as the average Joe Biden voter but I couldn’t finish that video without feeling like it was a complete ad for the thing and non constructive bullshit