IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

:plac: :plac: :plac:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don’t think it’s the same thing considering the whole lemon law but ok.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:58 pm I don’t think it’s the same thing considering the whole lemon law but ok.
Dude. You are running back to the IX like Gavin Newsom.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:52 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:58 pm I don’t think it’s the same thing considering the whole lemon law but ok.
Dude. You are running back to the IX like Gavin Newsom.
It’s a great car (when it works)
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:50 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:38 am This will go down in the :plac: hall of fame if you get another IX.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of did the same thing with the :gorf: . :lolol:
I know... Gotta keep the :plac: alive. Although... getting rid of a lemon and trading for a CHEAPER same car with better option seems kind of anti :plac: :iono:
f (plac)

That’s as close to the inverse function as I can get this text box to perform lol.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:07 pm

I know... Gotta keep the :plac: alive. Although... getting rid of a lemon and trading for a CHEAPER same car with better option seems kind of anti :plac: :iono:
f (plac)

That’s as close to the inverse function as I can get this text box to perform lol.
:dat:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:07 pm

f (plac)

max be wild af
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I mean I get it. It’s still :plac: , there are certain occasions where it’s the right move.

You’re keeping this place alive, that’s what counts.
max225

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 pm First dealership inquiry sent …
Saleshole doesn’t even bother responding.

Getting cold feet about the whole thing. I drove the taco yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and it was a wonderful driving experience … analog? tactile … epic ride quality … going to pick up x mas Tree with it Today :muah:

I think the i4 will do for now…
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:58 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:38 am This will go down in the :plac: hall of fame if you get another IX.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of did the same thing with the :gorf: . :lolol:
I feel like both are just par for the course :plac: shit... [user not found] dumped a white Frontier BroForx for a... white Frontier BroForx because the first one was dirty. Love him, but that was pretty peak. The OG also traded in his Charger for the same GTI he traded in to get the Charger. :mindblown:

I also bought the same BMW twice.
We all have issues. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:46 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 pm First dealership inquiry sent …
Saleshole doesn’t even bother responding.

Getting cold feet about the whole thing. I drove the taco yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and it was a wonderful driving experience … analog? tactile … epic ride quality … going to pick up x mas Tree with it Today :muah:

I think the i4 will do for now…
We had a Rabbit diesel and Toyota Scarlet for a family of five for a time before upgrading to the Grand Caravan when I was young. It should be workable at least as a stop gap.
max225

So...
1800 dudes forwarded my case to some 3rd party on 11/7
3rd party forwarded my case to a "transfer agent" today 11/27
Transfer agent will contact me within 3 "business days" to arrange for vehicle surrender.

So it looks like the car will most likely be gone before the end of next week... or as early as end of this week.

:impressive: inefficiency all around.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:01 pm So...
Transfer agent will contact me within 3 "business days" to arrange for vehicle surrender.

So it looks like the car will most likely be gone before the end of next week... or as early as end of this week.

Seems like a lot of back office and outsourced work. So what’s this going to cost BMW? Between repairs, back office, and depreciation on the asset… $80 grand? All because they couldn’t diagnose a tweeter that was unplugged by a tint shop?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:00 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:01 pm So...

Seems like a lot of back office and outsourced work. So what’s this going to cost BMW? Between repairs, back office, and depreciation on the asset… $80 grand? All because they couldn’t diagnose a tweeter that was unplugged by a tint shop?
Probably 100 or more once you factor in all these useless middle men involved … + storage and transport etc. I was happy to keep the car if they gave me a reasonable offer to keep it. $2500 ain’t going to cut it Franz.
Johnny_P

So hilarious. I mean the car wasn’t even broken. It’s just they were completely unable to diagnose it. 😂
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:09 pm So hilarious. I mean the car wasn’t even broken. It’s just they were completely unable to diagnose it. 😂
Yea I am really unsure... I only know what they told me... and their exact competence level isn't exactly acceptable. The working theory of the tweeter seems ok... but I am :notsure: tint shop disconnected it... timing COULD suggest it... yet the car was like 2 weeks old so I am :notsure: I can say that for a fact. It could very well been left as such from the factory. Given how the tint shop performed I doubt they actually went the extra mile to do that vs just stuffing the tint into the crevice.
max225

I am overall pretty annoyed with the situation as it really threw a wrench into my car plans. I was hoping to have the IX be the family car... now I am left without one. And I am also stuck with the I4/Tacoma both of which aren't ideal for said duty.

Once I get closure on the IX. I will try and figure out next steps. But there is no silver bullet.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:13 pm I am overall pretty annoyed with the situation as it really threw a wrench into my car plans. I was hoping to have the IX be the family car... now I am left without one. And I am also stuck with the I4/Tacoma both of which aren't ideal for said duty.

Once I get closure on the IX. I will try and figure out next steps. But there is no silver bullet.
There actually is, but you sold it to Eric already.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:49 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:13 pm I am overall pretty annoyed with the situation as it really threw a wrench into my car plans. I was hoping to have the IX be the family car... now I am left without one. And I am also stuck with the I4/Tacoma both of which aren't ideal for said duty.

:amazing:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Oh wow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

to be fair, in hindsight (being 20/20, and not in the stress of the moment as it was happening) you were pretty pissed in the moment, and you weren't willing to make any concessions and were frustrated with the wait/duration of the process.

That maybe contributed to them being so willing to just do the buyback and not offer other recourse
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:58 pm

to be fair, in hindsight (being 20/20, and not in the stress of the moment as it was happening) you were pretty pissed in the moment, and you weren't willing to make any concessions and were frustrated with the wait/duration of the process.

That maybe contributed to them being so willing to just do the buyback and not offer other recourse
I’m not keeping a car that some moron dicked with for 60 days. Still pissed about that incompetence.

I can still buy another IX for even less what my current one costs. But it just somewhat seems :wrong: and :plac: life.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:47 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:58 pm

I’m not keeping a car that some moron dicked with for 60 days. Still pissed about that incompetence.

I can still buy another IX for even less what my current one costs. But it just somewhat seems :wrong: and :plac: life.
Buy one, unplug that tweeter, send it back and see if they learned anything from the last one :lol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:13 am

Buy one, unplug that tweeter, send it back and see if they learned anything from the last one :lol:
:notbad:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:13 am

pro move would be to unplug a speaker to see if they LEARNED
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.