Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:12 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:55 pm

Are you going during the ACC tourney?
Had to look at what/when that is, but yep, there’s some overlap! I’m there March 11-14. You cruising up for it?
I was thinking about it. My wife and I would definitely come if Carolina & Duke end up playing each other. I have another friend that lives in Boston and we’re discussing meeting in the middle in DC.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

@you Hawaii pros are these kinds of deals shitty? My brother keeps sending them to me. Hawaii has amazing golf courses but a golf trip there almost seems like a waste of the scenery?
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:29 pm Image

@you Hawaii pros are these kinds of deals shitty? My brother keeps sending them to me. Hawaii has amazing golf courses but a golf trip there almost seems like a waste of the scenery?
Is this one where you have to listen to a sales pitch from a dude who hasn't been paid in 3 weeks and will haunt you your entire stay?
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Bruh, if it’s truly just a golf trip, just go to Myrtle beach. Has the best public courses on the east coast and it’s 4 hours away.

With the money you save hire one of the caddy girls! We ended up having the owner as our caddy at a bachelor party and it was awesome.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

It's a lot of seat time from the East Coast. Have been to Waikaloa many times though and enjoyed every visit.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:24 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:12 pm

Had to look at what/when that is, but yep, there’s some overlap! I’m there March 11-14. You cruising up for it?
I was thinking about it. My wife and I would definitely come if Carolina & Duke end up playing each other. I have another friend that lives in Boston and we’re discussing meeting in the middle in DC.
Sweet! Keep me posted if you decide to cruise up. I’ve got a buddy from my hometown living out there who I’ll meet up with at some point.. him and my bossbro are both sportsball guys, so we could all be down to hit a game one night… but other than a little bit of work during the day and seeing my guy, I’ll be free to chill a fair amount.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:52 pm

Sweet! Keep me posted if you decide to cruise up. I’ve got a buddy from my hometown living out there who I’ll meet up with at some point.. him and my bossbro are both sportsball guys, so we could all be down to hit a game one night… but other than a little bit of work during the day and seeing my guy, I’ll be free to chill a fair amount.
Will do broski.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:33 pm

Bruh, if it’s truly just a golf trip, just go to Myrtle beach. Has the best public courses on the east coast and it’s 4 hours away.

With the money you save hire one of the caddy girls! We ended up having the owner as our caddy at a bachelor party and it was awesome.
The trouble is getting my brother to the east coast for some reason, with his 240hrs of PTO and all.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:41 pm

It's a lot of seat time from the East Coast. Have been to Waikaloa many times though and enjoyed every visit.
Yeah it's either Hawaii or Vegas at this point but I have 150k miles on American I could use on a more comfortable seat too.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:53 pm Image

Save me a seat
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:22 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:53 pm Image

Save me a seat
The wings took 45min. At least they were delicious and fresh. Only had time to eat three slices and two wings before lunch was over.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:ohdang: maybe I should schedule a work trip then. East Coast DFD :dock:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:41 pm

Yeah it's either Hawaii or Vegas at this point but I have 150k miles on American I could use on a more comfortable seat too.
Hawaii is probably the best place in the world IMO. It’s like all the perks of amazing exotic places in Asia and South America but it’s part of the US so it’s completely safe and easy.

Direct flight to Honolulu is 10 hours though, I wouldn’t go unless you’re doing a week plus and checking out some stuff.

Also :impressive: that you have 150k AA miles. I’m at 75k after two straight years of flying every other week. I feel like my former job I accumulated a lot traveling out to the west more frequently, I get jack shit flying to the northeast all the time.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:18 pm

March 14: "DFD bought a house"
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:22 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:48 pm

Hawaii is probably the best place in the world IMO. It’s like all the perks of amazing exotic places in Asia and South America but it’s part of the US so it’s completely safe and easy.

Direct flight to Honolulu is 10 hours though, I wouldn’t go unless you’re doing a week plus and checking out some stuff.

Also :impressive: that you have 150k AA miles. I’m at 75k after two straight years of flying every other week. I feel like my former job I accumulated a lot traveling out to the west more frequently, I get jack shit flying to the northeast all the time.
I did a points transfer when the exchange rate was bueno thinking I could just slowly trickle through those miles for upgrades or flight tix whatever but guess what, you need to be INVITED to use miles for upgrades. Can use cash any time though :flaccid:

The internal struggle to fly Delta with a layover or deal with American is real.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’m an American man through and through but they are pure shit. Delta is honestly pretty good for an airline.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Delta is usually slightly cheaper through AMEX as well, but getting there in one shot usually wins me over.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:41 pm Delta is usually slightly cheaper through AMEX as well, but getting there in one shot usually wins me over.
Yeah too much room for error with layovers, I avoid where possible.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:18 pm

:doit: we can get some more schnitzel and spaetzle like last time.
SAWCE

I like flying Alaska. Have only done one or two American flights they were fine. United was shit every time I flew them.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Got that Lakland 44-60, and it's next level stuff. Pros and cons:

-came dirty, I mananaged to scrub most of the stuff off the neck, but it hung in a store and the maple neck and head stock had dark blemishes where the foam on the hanger rubbed against. It is new-old stock, so par for the course. It came off with a paper towel, baking soda and vinegar in short order
-I probably should have considered a 5 string, my guy wants to tune the low string to C# on two songs, and it leaves the string a little too floppy for my liking
-frets need a polish, they came pretty cruddy too. No way am I taking the strings off yet, I don't want to mess with the setup as it's as perfect as I've ever experienced

+the neck is unreal, it came straight as an arrow even from the cold
+mat finish on the neck and headstock makes sliding up and down awesome. I lightly sanded my other guitars, so it's nice to see it come that way from the factory
+the setup on it is outstanding, string height and spacing is minimal all around, but absolute perfection, even in drop D I'm not buzzing on the frets
+any note on the fretboard rings out forever, it's incredible how consistent the volume of each string and fret position the bass is able to output. My other bass has rules, gentle on the E string, and pluck like a madman on the A D strings to get similar output
+fit and finish are stunning, there are no flaws to be found, even the pick guard has a three layer white/black/pearl layering to it that's pure eye candy
+maple neck and Blick inlays are a pleasant change from the dark rosewood fretboard I've been playing on.

Jam night tonight, I can't wait to see how this guitar costs through in the mix, especially in the mid range of tones. Bit nervous about confronting the bods about my Db conundrum. I really don't like playing songs that way either, especially when they are written DADG and sound way better to me in standard form.

Here are some more pics if anyone wants to have a gander:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I really need to get the Carvin sorted out, or sell it any pick up a 5 string for those low low tuned songs
SAWCE

Looks great. What kind of stuff are you guys covering that you need C#? Some heavy metal?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:26 pm Looks great. What kind of stuff are you guys covering that you need C#? Some heavy metal?
No, my singer isn't really a singer, he's a guitarist but filling the void until we find someone interested in doing this with us. Saying this, he drops songs a half note to help bring down the highs in the vocals. There are literally only two C# tuned songs and both could and should be D tuning. Down by STP and Like a Stoner by Audioslave. It's not worth the hassle and compromise TBH