OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:04 am

Tell me more about that Sebring in the background, my mom had the same one! :hue: What a piece of shit.

Are you going to try to by the truck? C10s (I think this is a C10) are pretty desirable these days.

I do not want my first car at all, what a POS :lolol: The only car I really miss at all is the :poorvette: occasionally, everything else, meh, I've gone on to bigger and better things. I could definitely see owning another Corvette though, maybe a C6Z, C7GS one day.
twas a C10! When I orginally purchased it ($8k, 33,000 miles), my dad said they would appreciate. I ended up selling it for $12k/55,000 miles and have missed it ever since. I'm literally tracking down that exact truck. The guy ended up passing away and I found his grandaughter on facebook. She says it's still in a barn somewhere in Alabama. I was looking at them the other day and it's crazy how much they've gone up.

The Sebring was pretty terrible, but I had fun in that car. That was my dads work car. I remember topping it out with Maxx. I think the rev limiter was set to like 106 mph. We also tailgated for the race one year in that car. Also, my junior year prom date gave me a :dock: in the back of it!
Sebring :dock: ! :nice: Only thing I ever had in the back of my mom's was my tuba :foreveralone:

Glad to see you embracing the DFDmojis, :mahman:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Food trucks at work today

:fatty:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:42 pm Food trucks at work today

:fatty:
What are the options today?
SAWCE

What kind of stuff do you guys get your SO’s for Christmas? I just ordered Michelle a nice rain jacket, the old school rubberized pvc kind since she likes those classic aesthetics.. already got her a nice pair of water/weather proof boots, and I got her a new desk chair for her home office. Need to think of some smaller stuff for her.
Desertbreh

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:03 am I’ve been tracking down the person I sold my first car to (1984 Chevy Silverado stepside Black, 305 350/turbo tranny). I think I have the family tracked down in Georgia. The truck has been repainted, and is apparently in a barn. I know you boys are more sports car and such guys, but nothing, and I mean nothing beats your first car… so many first in that car. I on one we all wish we had our first car back…

Your first car was a lot cooler than mine.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:04 pm What kind of stuff do you guys get your SO’s for Christmas? I just ordered Michelle a nice rain jacket, the old school rubberized pvc kind since she likes those classic aesthetics.. already got her a nice pair of water/weather proof boots, and I got her a new desk chair for her home office. Need to think of some smaller stuff for her.
This is tough because I honestly feel like my wife and I are pretty privileged, so what do you get someone that doesn’t need anything. Luckily the :tits: isn’t into jewelry or shit like that. We had been making donations to our favorite charities instead for bday/christmas. Her birthday just passed and I hadn’t really gotten her anything in a long time. She has been wanting to ride her bike more. We had lunch with her parents and I suggested riding her bike, but she doesn’t want to be all sweaty and gross at lunch. Which I can understand. So I just got her an e-bike. We tested them out the other day and I was sold. I’ll of course ride ann analog version, but she has really opened up her stance on riding places in charlotte now.

But long answer short, we usually just give things away now for our bdays. It’s more rewarding as we really don’t need anything.
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:04 pm What kind of stuff do you guys get your SO’s for Christmas? I just ordered Michelle a nice rain jacket, the old school rubberized pvc kind since she likes those classic aesthetics.. already got her a nice pair of water/weather proof boots, and I got her a new desk chair for her home office. Need to think of some smaller stuff for her.
This is tough because I honestly feel like my wife and I are pretty privileged, so what do you get someone that doesn’t need anything. Luckily the :tits: isn’t into jewelry or shit like that. We had been making donations to our favorite charities instead for bday/christmas. Her birthday just passed and I hadn’t really gotten her anything in a long time. She has been wanting to ride her bike more. We had lunch with her parents and I suggested riding her bike, but she doesn’t want to be all sweaty and gross at lunch. Which I can understand. So I just got her an e-bike. We tested them out the other day and I was sold. I’ll of course ride ann analog version, but she has really opened up her stance on riding places in charlotte now.

But long answer short, we usually just give things away now for our bdays. It’s more rewarding as we really don’t need anything.
Very cool to be in that position, and even more cool that you two do the donations since you’re able to. Respect.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: ... It's tough to do gifts, we kinda have everything :iono: We keep gifts to fairly minimal. We both like doing experiences so I'd recommend a little trip or a date night or something - like a nice dinn dinn resi and tickets to a show or something like that or a couple of nights at a hotel somewhere you both enjoy going.

Also, in4KittyKat's review on the e-bike. I have tried to talk Allison into one and she's sort of standoffish about it, like she thinks they're for pussies or something? I feel like if some of her friends had them she'd realize they're dope and be all about it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:15 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:03 am I’ve been tracking down the person I sold my first car to (1984 Chevy Silverado stepside Black, 305 350/turbo tranny). I think I have the family tracked down in Georgia. The truck has been repainted, and is apparently in a barn. I know you boys are more sports car and such guys, but nothing, and I mean nothing beats your first car… so many first in that car. I on one we all wish we had our first car back…
:dat: There's a reason I have zero interest in seeing my first car again... It was a POS Taurus with like 250K on it.

The only thing I now think fondly of is the color, which at the time I thought was embarrassing as hell. It was basically the color of our Jeep :lolol:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:15 pm
But did you get a sloppy toppy in it?
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:52 pm

:dat: ... It's tough to do gifts, we kinda have everything :iono: We keep gifts to fairly minimal. We both like doing experiences so I'd recommend a little trip or a date night or something - like a nice dinn dinn resi and tickets to a show or something like that or a couple of nights at a hotel somewhere you both enjoy going.

Also, in4KittyKat's review on the e-bike. I have tried to talk Allison into one and she's sort of standoffish about it, like she thinks they're for pussies or something? I feel like if some of her friends had them she'd realize they're dope and be all about it.
I’m stoked about this e-bike man. Looking forward to using it for my appointments personally. The test drive sold me dude. We got the specialized turbo Tero. I realized I’m a specialized kinda guy. The bikes are just so well thought out.

Here’s a link to her bike. I think Allison would ride with you a fuck ton more if she had one. Their on special right now! Like half off at the bike source at PRSC. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo ... 388-216846
Desertbreh

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:20 pm

I’m stoked about this e-bike man. Looking forward to using it for my appointments personally. The test drive sold me dude. We got the specialized turbo Tero. I realized I’m a specialized kinda guy. The bikes are just so well thought out.

Here’s a link to her bike. I think Allison would ride with you a fuck ton more if she had one. Their on special right now! Like half off at the bike source at PRSC. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo ... 388-216846
How much is a replacement battery for this nasty bitch?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:25 pm

$1200 American! Ain’t cheap!
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:28 pm

Im thinking of getting an e-bike or converting an old mountain bike or something.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

66% of the entire bike. :impressive:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:35 pm

Im thinking of getting an e-bike or converting an old mountain bike or something.

So they do make e-mtn bikes, and they’re badass. But they’re expensive as fuck. I rode one in the store and I thought it was sick. Then I saw that it eas like $10k. Immediately got off. Too :fancy: for my blood. I’d love to see you convert one!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Dude, that kinda fucks. Do you have this bike on hand? I need to try to get her to give it a test run if you don't mind. She is also weird about trying out a bike at a bike shop in front of people... :really:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

$2K is :notbad:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:43 pm

Dude, that kinda fucks. Do you have this bike on hand? I need to try to get her to give it a test run if you don't mind. She is also weird about trying out a bike at a bike shop in front of people... :really:
It’ll be in next week. They had a white one but I was like :dislike: . I opted for the matte green. The Bike Source will literally let you have one for half a day. That’s what we did. Took it all around! I was shocked how nimble and quick it was. It’s a true peddle assist, so I thinks it’s cooler than having a throttle.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Hopefully this gets around the 500 BS

@ :massles:

Sorry couldn't quote you
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:43 pm

It’ll be in next week. They had a white one but I was like :dislike: . I opted for the matte green. The Bike Source will literally let you have one for half a day. That’s what we did. Took it all around! I was shocked how nimble and quick it was. It’s a true peddle assist, so I thinks it’s cooler than having a throttle.
I've never ridden an e-bike so I really don't know which is preferable, but peddle assist seems better. It also actually looks dece, that one Chelsea has is uggo, I think Allison would like this because it looks more like a regular bike.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:54 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:45 pm

I've never ridden an e-bike so I really don't know which is preferable, but peddle assist seems better. It also actually looks dece, that one Chelsea has is uggo, I think Allison would like this because it looks more like a regular bike.
I think Chelsea has the trek. I didn’t really like any of their options. And I absolutely hate the way Chelsea’s looks. :jimp:

Peddle assist is the only way in my opinion. I was talking to the sales guy and he rode one and was talking about still getting a workout, I was kinda :ohmy: at first. Then I rode it and you just go faster. I found myself pushing it as fast as it would go. Which was pretty fuckin :poorvette:
SAWCE

Booking work trip to DC for March. Staying at the Riggs.. looks :fancy:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:21 pm Booking work trip to DC for March. Staying at the Riggs.. looks :fancy:
Are you going during the ACC tourney?
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:55 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:21 pm Booking work trip to DC for March. Staying at the Riggs.. looks :fancy:
Are you going during the ACC tourney?
Had to look at what/when that is, but yep, there’s some overlap! I’m there March 11-14. You cruising up for it?