Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:31 pm I cringe at the idea of letting others perform this basic task which can still be fucked up so many ways. Overtightening or undertightening of filter and drain bolt. Failure to use fresh crush washer or simply delete it. Overfilling or underfilling oil. I had not considered this error I will add to the list. Just what you need Chuck Yeager.
The idea is you’re paying for the liability not to be on your ass if you fuck it up, especially on a not jalopy beater
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:38 pm My local JLR dealer has 4K on the hood now for defenders … ironically these were marked up 50k less than a year ago …
Wow so the 2022 Fendie buyer spent $5k/month for the privilege? Pretty wild…
I’m with JP, they’re cool, YOLO.

Dunno if you recall Abbey from the dead forum, Miami Golf R owner and then E46 M3 which she still has, but they acquired a Fendie maybe six months ago and have loved it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:28 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:38 pm My local JLR dealer has 4K on the hood now for defenders … ironically these were marked up 50k less than a year ago …

Dunno if you recall Abbey from the dead forum, Miami Golf R owner and then E46 M3 which she still has, but they acquired a Fendie maybe six months ago and have loved it.
Which one did they get ?!

And yeah depreciation on luxury suvs has been insane… the msrp on the Model X I had went to 89,995 and I traded it at 140k…. :fullretard:

It’s probably going to be another :plac: lifetime (3 months) for me before another car may or may not come into question. To be honest currently we have 3…. But I’m only using one…. So it seems :wasteful: unless I get rid of the :truk: or the BMPrius
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:abubey: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:31 pm

And yeah depreciation on luxury suvs has been insane… the msrp on the Model X I had went to 89,995 and I traded it at 140k…. :fullretard:

It’s probably going to be another :plac: lifetime (3 months) for me before another car may or may not come into question. To be honest currently we have 3…. But I’m only using one…. So it seems :wasteful: unless I get rid of the :truk: or the BMPrius
I think it’s the shorter wheel base four door with a six cylinder in dookie brown.

Don’t sell the truck unless it’s to me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:36 pm

:abubey: !
:dat: :mindblown:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:31 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:31 pm

I think it’s the shorter wheel base four door with a six cylinder in dookie brown.

Don’t sell the truck unless it’s to me.
10-4. Selling that thing pains me… it’s the closest thing to an ageless collectible I ever had
max225

So I drove the truck yesterday …. And I filled it up @ 6.29 a gallon for premium. Took half a tank … as it’s still the gas I had there from July. I used premium for the extra detergents… and the fact that it’ll likely continue to sit more… now the gas price is/was the only downside.

I do Love this truck… the fact that it’s an oxcart transmission is epic. It’s a complete Ying to the Yang Evs at home. It also reminded me of the awesome ride quality that it has… it is probably as good or even better than a 100k bmw which is still nuts to me.

Yes it has no power… but it’s like driving a classic relic from the past. I honestly don’t know if I can even replace it with an M3 or a Poorsche 911. I don’t think I’ll get more “fun” out of those vehicles in comparison. My Evs are faster than those cars anyways, and :whocares: about lap times on the street ?! This thing is really really special and usable ! I can take it to the store it fits a child seat, it hauls the x mas tree, it doesn’t depreciate, it doesn’t break … etc etc

The next vehicle decision will be really difficult as I really don’t want to sell this. Short of a G Wagen or a GT3 manual I don’t see anything that I would actually prefer.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:42 pm So I drove the truck yesterday …. And I filled it up @ 6.29 a gallon for premium. Took half a tank … as it’s still the gas I had there from July. I used premium for the extra detergents… and the fact that it’ll likely continue to sit more… now the gas price is/was the only downside.

I do Love this truck… the fact that it’s an oxcart transmission is epic. It’s a complete Ying to the Yang Evs at home. It also reminded me of the awesome ride quality that it has… it is probably as good or even better than a 100k bmw which is still nuts to me.

Yes it has no power… but it’s like driving a classic relic from the past. I honestly don’t know if I can even replace it with an M3 or a Poorsche 911. I don’t think I’ll get more “fun” out of those vehicles in comparison. My Evs are faster than those cars anyways, and :whocares: about lap times on the street ?! This thing is really really special and usable ! I can take it to the store it fits a child seat, it hauls the x mas tree, it doesn’t depreciate, it doesn’t break … etc etc

The next vehicle decision will be really difficult as I really don’t want to sell this. Short of a G Wagen or a GT3 manual I don’t see anything that I would actually prefer.
Maybe don't :doit: then? It is a great truck, I'd love to own it myself.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:01 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:42 pm So I drove the truck yesterday …. And I filled it up @ 6.29 a gallon for premium. Took half a tank … as it’s still the gas I had there from July. I used premium for the extra detergents… and the fact that it’ll likely continue to sit more… now the gas price is/was the only downside.

Maybe don't :doit: then? It is a great truck, I'd love to own it myself.
Yea it honestly just doesn’t make sense until prices come down on the cars that I’d actually like to own. This is the most unique way to spend/experience sub 50k in the automotive world without a headache Imo.
max225

Fall colors … I think it’s a good looking car. :wrong:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:21 pm Fall colors … I think it’s a good looking car. :wrong:
where?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:21 pm Fall colors … I think it’s a good looking car. :wrong:
where?
:wat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:41 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm

where?
I think he's referring to the fall colors :lolol: ?

I like the i4 as well. Kind of bummed you don't really need it. That would probably be my first choice in an EV.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:46 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:41 pm

I like the i4 as well. Kind of bummed you don't really need it. That would probably be my first choice in an EV.
Apparently there is not enough yellow around :(

And I do “need” the I4. The IX is gone any minute. I may punt the I4 to my friend who has his soul stolen. But it’s all a process
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:46 pm

And I do “need” the I4. The IX is gone any minute. I may punt the I4 to my friend who has his soul stolen. But it’s all a process
Dan is correct. Thats not fall.

this is fall

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:02 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:39 pm

Dan is correct. Thats not fall.

this is fall

Yea I'll make sure to let my trees know.
max225

Works as a kid mobile
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:37 pm Image

Works as a kid mobile
:impressive:
max225

Yea the middle arrangement is quite epic. You use the belt instead of isofix this allows you to keep the front seats in place and essentially keeps both back seats usable as well. 5/7 workaround
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:34 am Yea the middle arrangement is quite epic. You use the belt instead of isofix this allows you to keep the front seats in place and essentially keeps both back seats usable as well. 5/7 workaround
Plus huge cheerio lob verandas on each side. :notbad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:36 am
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:34 am Yea the middle arrangement is quite epic. You use the belt instead of isofix this allows you to keep the front seats in place and essentially keeps both back seats usable as well. 5/7 workaround
Rubber mats plus Toyota 'leather' means you can practically hose that bitch out though.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

A blank canvas

Man my rear seat area is all Cocoa Puffs right now. They roll around any time you hit the brakes. Lol
max225

NO eating in the fucking car.