IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Notorized statement went back to bmw. Waiting what will likely be 24 hrs for acknowledgement… and then likely 2-3 weeks for a date to return. Also just paid for November lease payment also.

All in all it will be about 9k back or so.
max225

So just to add a quick update here.
I have now crossed 1000 miles in the IX. (1100 to be exact). I do think this is a great vehicle and if it wasn't for the fact that I probably jumped the gun with the I4... I would have preferred to have the IX as the family car.
+ It is really fast... I clocked it at 4.5 0-60
+ The battery is massive and the car easily goes 300 miles between charges... I only charge once a week or so
+ The car is quite comfortable for the passengers, it is also incredibly quiet
+ HK stereo is excellent
+ Idrive 8.5 is pretty decent
+ Self driving is best in BIZ IMO... car also parks itself and can be remotely moved via phone.
+ Convenience features are all super nice (4 zone climate, strong ac, remote ac, memory everything tied to phone or key etc)

+- The styling grew on me.... it is distinctive enough and I don't see these every day in every lot 10x over ... unlike Tesla.

- The trunk is too small for a car this size. With a folded stroller and my go box there is no space for shit.
- The ride quality on the springs is rougher than the air suspension... I do notice a diff. The car can be bouncy over bad pavement (ironically the I4 has standard air)
- Obviously service is garbage and repair costs are astronomical (should the roof break it is 18k for ex). This car is impossible to be owned out of warranty. Only a lunatic would.

Overall I would certainly buy this car again if given the choice.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What stroller you guys using? We went to a compact “overhead storage” sized solution because of the same issue - there was no trunk room in the Cmax if that thing was in there.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:28 pm What stroller you guys using? We went to a compact “overhead storage” sized solution because of the same issue - there was no trunk room in the Cmax if that thing was in there.
https://silvercrossus.com/product/silve ... -stroller/ I think it's this one.... Woman got it on some epic sale before she popped. I honestly hate most "kid" shit it seems to be designed quite poorly without vehicles in mind.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:34 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:28 pm What stroller you guys using? We went to a compact “overhead storage” sized solution because of the same issue - there was no trunk room in the Cmax if that thing was in there.
https://silvercrossus.com/product/silve ... -stroller/ I think it's this one.... Woman got it on some epic sale before she popped. I honestly hate most "kid" shit it seems to be designed quite poorly without vehicles in mind.
If the kid thing ever happens this is one thing I dread... we have a small house, small cars, and I really have no interest in the bloated 'murican way of living in a 4K sq. ft. suburban box in the middle of a fucking field miles from anything and yet on a .15 acre lot with an F150 long boi and some huge SUVs as vehicles of choice. It really feels like all of the modern 'requirements' for a kid are very much built with that in mind.

What about (the majority) of people who live in cities? Also, the amount of plastic kid shit in land fills I'm sure is astonishingly high.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the free car now.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:00 am

If the kid thing ever happens this is one thing I dread... we have a small house, small cars, and I really have no interest in the bloated 'murican way of living in a 4K sq. ft. suburban box in the middle of a fucking field miles from anything and yet on a .15 acre lot with an F150 long boi and some huge SUVs as vehicles of choice. It really feels like all of the modern 'requirements' for a kid are very much built with that in mind.

What about (the majority) of people who live in cities? Also, the amount of plastic kid shit in land fills I'm sure is astonishingly high.

A lot of the bulk of kid shit is due to safety requirements above all else. It’s not because parents demand the items to be bulkier or bigger.

We got this gifted to us through our registry and it is 5/7 because we use it as a stroller and a car seat: https://www.doona.com/car-seat-stroller/shop-all-doona
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:00 am

Yea we're in 1900 sq feet and its been kind of nice. I sleep in another room before work... so having a 2nd "free" bedroom was quite a blessing.

As far as trash... a leech is just about the most :wasteful: thing you can create. I kind of prided myself in having little trash going to the landfill... the woman and I usually have 1 trash BAG per week, rest is recycled. Now this has gone to 3 or maybe even 4.
The offspring goes through 8-10 diapers per day average... that's around 70 per week... it's pretty insane etc

I am not big on new baby shit, so we got our car seats 2nd hand etc... they also have "expiration dates" which is :fullretard: such safety much wow.
max225

I think this is one of the better angles of the car

This wasn't even a big costco trip...
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

It's a weird looking car still. No way around it. No hideous, but it's not good.

Looking at that Costco trip, I'm guessing you never played Tetris growing up? :lolol:
max225

MrH42 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:47 am It's a weird looking car still. No way around it. No hideous, but it's not good.

Looking at that Costco trip, I'm guessing you never played Tetris growing up? :lolol:
:Lolol: yep I figured these comments would happen. The tp blocking the entire rear view is epic
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:13 am I think this is one of the better angles of the car

DAT Celsius. The new Oasis Vibe flavor is my jam.
max225

The race vs the m3 intensifies
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:49 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:13 am I think this is one of the better angles of the car

Celsius seems to be all the rage now, I’ve yet to try it out.

That stroller really is taking up most of the hatch…
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:12 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:49 pm

I've been on the train for years but really it's a vice just like any other energy drink or caffeine source. Just *SLIGHTLY* less unhealthy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:20 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:12 pm

I've been on the train for years but really it's a vice just like any other energy drink or caffeine source. Just *SLIGHTLY* less unhealthy.
As a covfefe lover and also one who enjoys soda, I probably don’t need to add another caffeine source to my arsenal. I’d like to try though. Add in some tequila and it’s like a “healthy” Four Loco :hue:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Honestly might try that n xt weekend I'll let you know :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:06 am Honestly might try that n xt weekend I'll let you know :lolol:
Maye we should :doit: Saturday night haha?
max225

So anyone curious about anything with the IX before it goes away?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:36 am So anyone curious about anything with the IX before it goes away?
does it do sweet jumps?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

What are the plans for :plac: ? :nuke: i4 for another iX?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:04 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:06 am Honestly might try that n xt weekend I'll let you know :lolol:
Maye we should :doit: Saturday night haha?
I have no plans for this Saturday after getting garbage plates in Tega Cay
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:36 am So anyone curious about anything with the IX before it goes away?
No questions but it seems to be a MILF car here
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:16 pm What are the plans for :plac: ? :nuke: i4 for another iX?
Ideally yes... but I don't think I can offload the i4. It is likely "underwater" and I am not willing to "pay my way" out of it. Even though my payoff is 13k under the MSRP.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:08 pm
does it do sweet jumps?
No... and it's still cared for as if it was my own car. I am occasionally thinking about seeing if I can buy back the buy back .... that would be an interesting :fullretard: move... but It can't possibly go for much money.