OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:csb: time.

Got pulled over the other morning on my way to work. :narc: said he pulled me over for 2 reasons, speeding (going 38 in a 25) and dark :tints: . :rage:

The street I got caught on is one of those where it's residential then switches to more industrial, and it's 25 in the res part and 35 in the industrial part, Of course I got nabbed in the res part. :ohwell:

He had a little device that measured the level of :tints: and found it to be 18% :lol: . I always knew it was pretty dark but didn't realize it was THAT dark. The worst part, :doe: , was when he asked for my proof of insurance, the card I gave him had expired in August! I totally :derp: 'd out and forgot to put the new card in my wallet when I got it in the mail 2 months ago. :facepalm: While the :narc: was running my plate in his squad car, I quickly called :tits: and asked her to bring the new card to me. When he came back to me he asked if I found my current insurance card and told him that I didn't have it but that my :tits: was on the way with it but he said he believed me and that she didn't have to come. Also, he said he didn't consider 13 over to be that bad and it didn't warrant a ticket so he just gave me a warning for that. But he did give me a ticket for the :tints:, though it was just the equivalent of a parking ticket and wouldn't affect my record, and it's only $30 so :whocares: . Also, he told me that if I removed the :tints: from just my front windows I'd be in compliance and wouldn't have to remove the ones on the rear windows. So I watched a couple of youtube videos on :tints: removal and got rid of them yesterday. Took less than a half hour and I'd say I got them off with probably 95% of the adhesive, but some Windex and a scraper took care of the rest.

Guess the experience could have been a lot worse overall.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:04 pm :csb: time.

Got pulled over the other morning on my way to work. :narc: said he pulled me over for 2 reasons, speeding (going 38 in a 25) and dark :tints: . :rage:

The street I got caught on is one of those where it's residential then switches to more industrial, and it's 25 in the res part and 35 in the industrial part, Of course I got nabbed in the res part. :ohwell:

He had a little device that measured the level of :tints: and found it to be 18% :lol: . I always knew it was pretty dark but didn't realize it was THAT dark. The worst part, :doe: , was when he asked for my proof of insurance, the card I gave him had expired in August! I totally :derp: 'd out and forgot to put the new card in my wallet when I got it in the mail 2 months ago. :facepalm: While the :narc: was running my plate in his squad car, I quickly called :tits: and asked her to bring the new card to me. When he came back to me he asked if I found my current insurance card and told him that I didn't have it but that my :tits: was on the way with it but he said he believed me and that she didn't have to come. Also, he said he didn't consider 13 over to be that bad and it didn't warrant a ticket so he just gave me a warning for that. But he did give me a ticket for the :tints:, though it was just the equivalent of a parking ticket and wouldn't affect my record, and it's only $30 so :whocares: . Also, he told me that if I removed the :tints: from just my front windows I'd be in compliance and wouldn't have to remove the ones on the rear windows. So I watched a couple of youtube videos on :tints: removal and got rid of them yesterday. Took less than a half hour and I'd say I got them off with probably 95% of the adhesive, but some Windex and a scraper took care of the rest.

Glad he was reasonable with the speed and insurance.. are you going to re-tint the fronts a little lighter than they were to be compliant, or just leave it off? What’s the legal maximum for front tints for your state, if you’re allowed to have any at all?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I guess policing is starting again eh? This reminds me of a near exact scenario that I went through years ago after which I refused to go below 50% in tints.

Also does your ticket require cop sign off ? To show you removed them.
Desertbreh

So I start reading and expecting this great injustice heavy handed enforcement by John Law. And in the end, nothing burger. White near retirement age profile for the win.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Going 38 in a weird zone that may or may not be 25 isn’t exactly robbing a 7/11 and setting the clerk on fire, which no one police’s for anyways.

Punishment fits the “crime” imo.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:10 pm

Glad he was reasonable with the speed and insurance.. are you going to re-tint the fronts a little lighter than they were to be compliant, or just leave it off? What’s the legal maximum for front tints for your state, if you’re allowed to have any at all?
Thanks.

Nah, gonna leave it as-is. Stock "tint" is fine with me. No idea what the max front %age is. I just know that 20% is allowed in the back if the fronts are not tinted. I'll try to post up before and after pics if I :member: to.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:20 pm

I guess policing is starting again eh? This reminds me of a near exact scenario that I went through years ago after which I refused to go below 50% in tints.

Also does your ticket require cop sign off ? To show you removed them.
I don't believe so. I just have to pay the $30, either on line, mail in, or drop off at the drop box outside their village hall. Nothing mentioned about a sign-off.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:32 pm

So I start reading and expecting this great injustice heavy handed enforcement by John Law. And in the end, nothing burger. White near retirement age profile for the win.
Definitely :notwrong: there.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:38 pm Going 38 in a weird zone that may or may not be 25 isn’t exactly robbing a 7/11 and setting the clerk on fire, which no one police’s for anyways.

For sure. I never loved the :tints: so this ended up being a good excuse to remove at least some of it. I may take off the stupid "sun shade" 4" strip at the top of the windshield next.
max225

wap wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:55 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:38 pm Going 38 in a weird zone that may or may not be 25 isn’t exactly robbing a 7/11 and setting the clerk on fire, which no one police’s for anyways.

For sure. I never loved the :tints: so this ended up being a good excuse to remove at least some of it. I may take off the stupid "sun shade" 4" strip at the top of the windshield next.
Oh dang those are pretty …low class… which car is this again ?
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:00 pm

Oh dang those are pretty …low class… which car is this again ?
Do you even Blue Meanie, bro?
Desertbreh

My tinting practice here in the desert is 30% all around. Different set of rules and needs here though. I do think it's dumb to tint so dark that a cop cannot see you. If I was a LEO I wouldn't want to put up with that shit.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:21 pm My tinting practice here in the desert is 30% all around. Different set of rules and needs here though. I do think it's dumb to tint so dark that a cop cannot see you. If I was a LEO I wouldn't want to put up with that shit.
Can't argue that.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'm not a fan of how tints look at all so I suffer without it. I do however understand the sun strip I e had a 6" before since I was driving into the sun on both my morning and afternoon commutes.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:14 pm I'm not a fan of how tints look at all so I suffer without it. I do however understand the sun strip I e had a 6" before since I was driving into the sun on both my morning and afternoon commutes.
I just use the visor, even with that strip :iono: .
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:51 am Hit up a local Oktoberfest with a few friends on Saturday. Mostly just good vendors, but they do a few events through the day. One of them is “tractor” races where adults are riding a kids tractors in a race. We went last year and they looked they fun. This year they were announcing that they needed more people to sign up for them, so Michelle and I put our names down for the double team, and I signed up as a single men’s contestant as well. Michelle won her leg, but I got off to a rough start when it was my turn and we took second for the team race. I won my heat for the single race and won the race for the final against the other heat winner in the men’s race lol.

Was funny, watching the video michelle took you can hear someone sitting next to her joking about someone getting the cops over to drug test me :lol:
LOL nice
D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:15 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:08 am New shed/workshop supposed to be delivered today :popcorn:
:nice:

We’re kind of bailed on our shed project… wound up coming in over 20k and just don’t have the appetite for that. Currently still using the smashed old shed, thinking of just getting an 8x15 plastic unit for 2k and assembling myself.
Workshop made it, but i had to cut out a section of fence to get it in. 12'-6" opening with a 12' building that is really 12'-4" .... welp. Delivery didnt exactly go off without hitches but its there and done and great.

Saturday I ran lights and wires. I'm doing a 12v system in there with LEDs, and an inverter for 120v loads which are minimal and infrequent.

Sunday was the "move in" day. Huge progress. My screen porch at the house is largely unfucked, and the attached closet is clear. Cabinets moved from old shed. Old shed organized better. New shed will need lots more organizing, but (almost) everything is in it. Alot of this is clearing the cabinets I have of parts/junk to put in long term loft storage so i have room for tools, fasteners, etc.

Yesterday I was feeling it from working all weekend, so I called in sick....but me being me could not sit still for long. Got my solar panel mounted, wires ran, charge controller hooked up, etc for the power. The main runs are done nice and organized like, but my "panel" if you will is still very temporary. I have a fuse boxes and ring terminals on order from the jungle site to unfuck all that this coming weekend, and get it all permanently mounted. And 2 more rope lights for under loft lighting. I have not measured the current the lights draw but they are nice and bright.

I also was going to steal my lead acid battery from the camper and put a LIfepo4 there and use the LA in the shop...but I think I'm going to walk that back since I don't want to have to buy another battery charger, and the solar setup is made for Lifepo4. Will revisit when the LA dies in a year or 2. At that time might be ready for more dry camping and need/want the extra battery capacity in the camper.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:51 am Hit up a local Oktoberfest with a few friends on Saturday. Mostly just good vendors, but they do a few events through the day. One of them is “tractor” races where adults are riding a kids tractors in a race. We went last year and they looked they fun. This year they were announcing that they needed more people to sign up for them, so Michelle and I put our names down for the double team, and I signed up as a single men’s contestant as well. Michelle won her leg, but I got off to a rough start when it was my turn and we took second for the team race. I won my heat for the single race and won the race for the final against the other heat winner in the men’s race lol.

Was funny, watching the video michelle took you can hear someone sitting next to her joking about someone getting the cops over to drug test me :lol:
Did you hit the sauce tho
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Did you remove the rear too? Isn't that risky because of the defroster?

I've gotten pulled over for 30% and 35% before which is why I have 40% now. :narc: had nothing better to do.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:38 am

I've gotten pulled over for 30% and 35% before which is why I have 40% now. :narc: had nothing better to do.
No, :narc: didn't mention anything about the rear tint so I'm leaving it alone for precisely the reason you state. I don't want to fuck up the defroster so it's staying. I think I could :doit: if I had to, :butwhy: take the risk?

Also, I mistyped yesterday. The ticket is $50. Still a :whocares: situation, :doe:
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:32 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:38 am

No, :narc: didn't mention anything about the rear tint so I'm leaving it alone for precisely the reason you state. I don't want to fuck up the defroster so it's staying. I think I could :doit: if I had to, :butwhy: take the risk?

Also, I mistyped yesterday. The ticket is $50. Still a :whocares: situation, :doe:
I would have the pros remove any rear tint.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:35 pm
wap wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:32 pm

I would have the pros remove any rear tint.
Definitely the smart way to go.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:12 am

Did you hit the sauce tho
Nothing over what my doctor prescribes since last July..
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:39 am Trying to sell bikes (or anything of value) on facebook marketplace is painful.

Them: Hi I'd like to pay here and then my cousin / friend / dog walker can come pick it up. Do you take zelle?
Me: Your cousin / friend / dog walker is welcome to pay in cash, venmo, or paypal in person when they pick it up.
They leave the chat

:rolleyes:

Then its a ton of offers of half what I have it listed for. Or just a bunch of people asking if its still available.
I had someone saying its for my sister then they make up a business account on vemno. Which is where I :nope: and block their ass
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

Front window :tints: removed.

You can see the difference in the white Exploder on the other side.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Hell yeah fishbowl 4 life