IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:35 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:23 pm

sucks you will be stuck paying the lease that time
Yes it does... it is quite frustrating really. But I mean no different since this whole thing started back on August 11th.
You’ll be made whole with a lemon law claim. It’s the law.
I talked to my rep today and mentioned this to him. He said if it’s anything like his experience, once the buyback claim is initiated it goes from 1800 and over to legal. It’ll likely filter through someone’s pile of shit to do and end up on their desk in a couple of weeks and you’ll get a bunch of movement then.
He said with PCNA it’s 6-8 weeks from filing to settlement/buyback.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:35 pm

Yes it does... it is quite frustrating really. But I mean no different since this whole thing started back on August 11th.
You’ll be made whole with a lemon law claim. It’s the law.
I talked to my rep today and mentioned this to him. He said if it’s anything like his experience, once the buyback claim is initiated it goes from 1800 and over to legal. It’ll likely filter through someone’s pile of shit to do and end up on their desk in a couple of weeks and you’ll get a bunch of movement then.
He said with PCNA it’s 6-8 weeks from filing to settlement/buyback.
Great reference point ty
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Any updates from Germany today?
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:58 am Any updates from Germany today?
Will Post some in a bit …
I didn’t post much last week because frankly I was confused myself as to what is going on. The Service Advisor claims that they did something that “may have fixed it” but I have no idea what it was… he mentioned that they replaced a control pad + “they need to reassemble the car”. This was Friday.

The car was worked on for a week straight. Including Saturday … it was up in the air and “open” for 6 days (I can remote connect to car to check)…
It has now been driven for 100 miles while “in service”

I lost track of what they are doing because frankly no one is giving me any sort of updates other than “waiting to hear from Germany or waiting to hear from tech.” but it’s random auxiliary paths/parts that make 0 sense, like the control pad… I believe they “used a good known part but need to order one” now.

Whole lotta :wtf:

The 1800 assholes gave me 0 updates since 9/21. And are refusing to answer escalation email.
max225

As of this morning the car has left the back lot and the service bay for the first time in… 60 days and is now parked in front of the dealer service entrance.

:amazing: is it … “fixed” ?! Take your bets boys

max225

Holy shit …
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:29 pmHoly shit …
:well:
:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:hibachi:
max225

So, SA just called....
We found the problem.

IT WAS A DISCONNECTED FRONT LEFT TWEETER

All the parts and procedures we did so far were not necessary, and they didn't address the problem. However TSARA (Germany) etc had us run through all these steps to figure out the core issue. The self driving system was not turning on because it requires to have functioning speakers to provide audible warnings, however the "computer" wasn't telling us that's why it wasn't turning on. Once TSARA determined it was due to a fault in the stereo system we tested all the speakers and traced it to the front left tweeter
I believe the tint job theory is back on the roster as far as them fucking up the door panels/disconnecting it during the install process?! Maybe? However this doesn't excuse the next steps and the ineptitude to diagnose something this simple. I also don't :member: not hearing the tweeter... but it's been so fucking long now I don't :member: I am very sensitive to this sort of a thing and normally would pick up on non working car components.

Why did this require 60 days! to get addressed? It seems like one competent tech + procedure should have been able to figure out the issue at hand in 2-5 hrs of diagnostics... I have no idea what sort of bill this racked up, but I am pretty sure it is at least 5 figures if not more.

This was an insane rollercoaster of an automotive experience... :mindblown: somewhere something is really broken at BMW corp.. this shouldn't have happened. Unfortunately without having forensic science determine what was really done I don't really know what was the core issue or if it is even caused by tint... or if its fully fixed just yet (typing from home).

Will pick up the car in 2hrs and report back.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:57 pm So, SA just called....
We found the problem.

IT WAS A DISCONNECTED FRONT LEFT TWEETER

All the parts and procedures we did so far were not necessary, and they didn't address the problem. However TSARA (Germany) etc had us run through all these steps to figure out the core issue. The self driving system was not turning on because it requires to have functioning speakers to provide audible warnings, however the "computer" wasn't telling us that's why it wasn't turning on. Once TSARA determined it was due to a fault in the stereo system we tested all the speakers and traced it to the front left tweeter
I believe the tint job theory is back on the roster as far as them fucking up the door panels/disconnecting it during the install process?! Maybe? However this doesn't excuse the next steps and the ineptitude to diagnose something this simple. I also don't :member: not hearing the tweeter... but it's been so fucking long now I don't :member: I am very sensitive to this sort of a thing and normally would pick up on non working car components.

Why did this require 60 days! to get addressed? It seems like one competent tech + procedure should have been able to figure out the issue at hand in 2-5 hrs of diagnostics... I have no idea what sort of bill this racked up, but I am pretty sure it is at least 5 figures if not more.

This was an insane rollercoaster of an automotive experience... :mindblown: somewhere something is really broken at BMW corp.. this shouldn't have happened. Unfortunately without having forensic science determine what was really done I don't really know what was the core issue or if it is even caused by tint... or if its fully fixed just yet (typing from home).

Will pick up the car in 2hrs and report back.
Wow. Just wow. I am speechless and must rely on DFDmoji's.
:facepalm: :disappoint: :ayfkm: :derp: :dislike: :ludacris: :wat: :pokebeads: :disgust: :gag: :nope: :nuke: :slowclap: :triggered: :amaze: :yeahok: :dafuq: :thisisfine: :rage: :mindblown: :idbu: :angrypanda: :fakenews: :balls: :angry:
wap

So now are you gonna keep it?
max225

wap wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:16 pm So now are you gonna keep it?
The car is officially a lemon... I think I have to turn in the loaner now that the "repair" is complete, and deal with corporate. (You can see my earlier note). One less party to deal with. SA seems to think I have a clear case for buyback should I chose to pursue it.

I am not sure if there is any sort of legal implication of the pick up of the vehicle now that it is "fixed" because the case is already open + it has met all the criteria for buy back and is already going through the process.

I think depending if they offer any sort of incentive to "keep" it and if the repair is actually going to stick, there is still a chance I may keep it. I do really like this type of car, ugliness and all. Knowing that my original theory of this being something SIMPLE that someone just couldn't figure out for 2 months stands... It gives me comfort (shocking I know) that this isn't as big of a "pile of a car" as the repair time would suggest.

A lot of discussions will happen with the wife units from here on out on where we want to take this.
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:21 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:16 pm So now are you gonna keep it?
The car is officially a lemon... I think I have to turn in the loaner now that the "repair" is complete, and deal with corporate. (You can see my earlier note). One less party to deal with. SA seems to think I have a clear case for buyback should I chose to pursue it.

I am not sure if there is any sort of legal implication of the pick up of the vehicle now that it is "fixed" because the case is already open + it has met all the criteria for buy back and is already going through the process.

I think depending if they offer any sort of incentive to "keep" it and if the repair is actually going to stick, there is still a chance I may keep it. I do really like this type of car, ugliness and all. Knowing that my original theory of this being something SIMPLE that someone just couldn't figure out for 2 months stands... It gives me comfort (shocking I know) that this isn't as big of a "pile of a car" as the repair time would suggest.

A lot of discussions will happen with the wife units from here on out on where we want to take this.
I was kinda being :trollface:

But I don't know, man. With the interior having been torn apart to the level that it was, I'd be concerned about it becoming a rattletrap, beyond the constant back-of-your-mind worry that the same issue, or something else, may pop up that hasn't revealed itself yet. Then again, it may perform flawlessly going forward for as long as you want to keep it, which, historically, hasn't been all that long, tbh. Tough call either way for sure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Defender 110 V8
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Holy wow. What an anticlimactic error for all of this.
max225

I drive was updated to version 8.5 … interior of car covered in brown dust. To add insult to injury ... the tint was done poorly and needs to be redone :oops:

Kinda glad to have it back.
max225

Quick summary:
60 days in service
102 miles in service
Approximately 5 different modules replaced including the phone wireless charger because reasons
Approximate parts cost was something around $17,000 + labor around 5k-10k+
Overall repair cost although not listed was around $22-28k per the SA. I think they will get close to 20k in "internal BMW reimbursement" for their work external would be closer to 30k if I was to walk in with that problem and no warranty.

Welcome to 2023
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Jesus Christ
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Fucking tint shop. I mean it makes sense right. It broke right after tints went on. It’s plausible that they would have dicked with the door panel / speakers while working on it.

Wow. Also yeah ridiculous that an unplugged speaker does this to the car, and ridiculous that these computers can’t just identify what is unplugged. Can’t wait to see these rolling around in the hood in 10 years because nobody can afford to repair them.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:45 pm Fucking tint shop. I mean it makes sense right. It broke right after tints went on. It’s plausible that they would have dicked with the door panel / speakers while working on it.

Wow. Also yeah ridiculous that an unplugged speaker does this to the car, and ridiculous that these computers can’t just identify what is unplugged. Can’t wait to see these rolling around in the hood in 10 years because nobody can afford to repair them.
It is quite possible but unfortunately I have no proof... could have been a factory fluke also. And frankly... come on... 60 days to figure out that somehow a door tweeter knocks out the entire autonomous system is :fullretard:
max225

The random dust is from the headliner... :disgust: got it vacuumed up. The entire front of the :lemon: is covered in hard water stains that are super hard to get off. Looks like I'll be practicing my buffing skills. So far McGuires Ultimate Compound and Scratch X and regular polish didn't do shit...

I'll try vinegar/water 50:50 next. I am curious at what will clean this up.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:45 pm Fucking tint shop. I mean it makes sense right. It broke right after tints went on. It’s plausible that they would have dicked with the door panel / speakers while working on it.

It is quite possible but unfortunately I have no proof... could have been a factory fluke also. And frankly... come on... 60 days to figure out that somehow a door tweeter knocks out the entire autonomous system is :fullretard:
sometimes it be the dumbest/simplest thing that most people wouldn't think of being the cause, that ends up being the cause. this is proven time and time again across multiple issues.

I would prob just continue to trigger bullshit with it throughout the buyback process and see where it leads you. if they pay you to keep it, since it's a lease that might still be an option.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

WOW.

This is just like the "replace your tail lights in pairs on mk4 vws or the cruise control stops working". A daym tweeter. :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:impressive: Gotta love modern cars.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:01 am WOW.

This is just like the "replace your tail lights in pairs on mk4 vws or the cruise control stops working". A daym tweeter. :lolol:
Essentially the same thing. Zee Germans.