IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

7.31 purchase date 10 miles on car 6/23 production date
8.8 problem appears at 300 miles
8.11 7am car dropped off at dealer 511 miles
8.16 m pad control module replacement requested
8.17 part removed to check for part #
8.21 correct part # provided by Germany
8.22 module replaced but not programming to car (repair #1)
8.29 new module requested
9.15 new module installed (still not working) (repair #2)
9.21 wiring harness check/sensor check (repair #3) inconclusive
9.27 telematics module ordered from Florida
9.29 telematics module replaced and didn’t fix problem (repair attempt #4) 553 miles on car

Now that’s my understanding of what they did… I also got some tech notes sent to me with all the other shit they attempted
max225

Can’t make this up….
Update as of today.” Waiting to hear back from Germany on next steps… probably Monday”
max225

Here is a log dump from the bmw dealer…

CONNECTED VEHICLE TO BMW BATTERY CHARGER AND PERFORMED BATTERY CHARGE. CONNECTED VEHICLE TO ISTA AND PERFORMED VEHICLE TEST. FAULTS
031CA (Ultrasonic sensors, front: Extraneous noise)
8031CB (Ultrasonic sensors, rear: Extraneous noise)
0586D7 (Back-up Assistant function: Operating error)
7E0197 (ADCAM: Field of view impaired for a short time)
7E01AD (Long-distance range front radar sensor: Temporary fault due to an external event)
7E0392 (Left Autonomous Parking Camera: SERDES communication fault)
7E0393 (Autonomous Parking Camera on the right: SERDES communication fault)
7F0684 (UCAP: temporary software error)
PERFORMED CHECK CONTROL MESSAGE TEST PLAN AND VERIFIED CHECK CONTROL MESSAGE ID 2348: Assisted Driving STORED AT THIS TIME.
PERFORMED TEST PLAN Procedure Driver Assistance functions: Function analysis (ABL-DIT-AT6600_21_FAS_FZDANA). TEST PLAN IN CONCLUSIVE. SUMMITED TRSARA CASE ID 2710370.
TEST DROVE VEHICLE AND VERIFIED STEERING WHEEL IS STRAIGHT AND SUSPENSION IS LEVEL AS PER TSARA. PERFORMED COMPLETE PROGRAMMING AND ENCODING AS PER TSARA. TSARA SUGGEST REPLACING MPAD. PARTS ORDERED. REMOVED RIGHT REAR TRUNK TRIM. REMOVED AND REPLACED MPAD MODULE. I connected the vehicle to ista and started programming. ISTA will not let me program the vehicle. It keeps telling me to replace the MPAD module
(The measures plan contains hardware actions preventing implementation of the measures plan.
Observe the following procedure:
When removing/exchanging a control unit:
Select 'Control unit exchange' and select the control unit to be exchanged on the 'Before exchange' tab.
In the case of retrofits/conversions:
Select 'Vehicle modification' and select the relevant retrofit/conversion.)
I UPDATED TSARA. POSSIBLE IRAP NEEDED.
----TECH 15177, REMOVED THE RIGHT REAR LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT TRIM. REMOVED AND REPLACED THE MPAD CONTROL UNIT. RE-ASSEMBLED THE VEHICLE. PROGRAMMED MPAD TO VEHICLE SUCCESSFULLY. ROAD TESTED THE VEHICLE AND DRIVER ASSIST REDUCED CCM POPPED UP. PERFORMED ANOTHER VEHICLE TEST. FC STORED FOR S6600, 030E0B, AND DAC600. RAN APPLICABLE TEST PLANS AND CAME OUT INCONCLUSIVE. UPDATED TSARA.
REMOVED RIGHT REAR TRUNK TRIM PANELS TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE RSNECU CONTROL UNIT AS PER TSARA. LINES AND CONNECTIONS OK AT THIS TIME.
REMOVED FRONT GRILL ASSEMBLY. REMOVED FRONT RADAR. CHECKED LINES AND CONNECTIONS. PERFORMED PIN DRAG TEST NO FAULTS FOUND AT THIS TIME. UPDATED TSARA.
I REMOVED RIGHT FRONT LOWER DASH COVER TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BCP. I CHECKED RESISTANCE FROM MPAD CONTROL UNIT TO BCP CONTROL UNIT. MEASURED .4 OHMS ON ETHERNET LINES, I MEASURED MPAD TO THE FRSF. I MEASURED .6 OHMS. I MEASURED FROM THE MPAD TO THE RSNECU. I MEASURED .2 OHMS. I UPDATED TSARA WITH RESULTS. I INSTALLED A WIRE HARNESS OVERLAY FROM MPAD TO FRSF. CLEARED FAULTS AND TEST DROVE VEHICLE. DRIVER ASSISTANCE FAULTS RETURNED. UPDATED TSARA.
SWAPPED UCAP MODULE WITH KNOWN GOOD ONE. RECHECKED VEHICLE. FAULTS STILL PRESENT. UPDATED TSARA. INSTALLED UCAP CONTROL UNIT AS PER TSARA. CONNECTED VEHICLE TO ISTA AND PERFORMED COMPLETE PROGRAMMING AND ENCODING. TEST DROVE VEHICLE. DRIVER ASSIT MALFUNCTION RETURNED. UPDATED TSARA CASE.
LOWERED HEAD LINER. REMOVED AND REPLACED TCB AS PER TSE.
CONNECTED VEHICLE TO ISTA AND PERFORMED COMPLETE VEHICLE PROGRAMMING AND ENCODING. TEST DROVE VEHICLE AND PERFORMED DRIVERS ASSIT FUNCTION TEST. DRIVER ASSIT MALFUNCTION FAULT RETURNED AT THIS TIME. UPDATED TSE.
:amazing:

Headliner
Front grille and radar module
Rear luggage compartment
And lower part of dash have all been torn apart
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:47 pm Here is a log dump from the bmw dealer…

CONNECTED VEHICLE TO BMW BATTERY CHARGER AND PERFORMED BATTERY CHARGE. CONNECTED VEHICLE TO ISTA AND PERFORMED VEHICLE TEST. FAULTS
031CA (Ultrasonic sensors, front: Extraneous noise)
8031CB (Ultrasonic sensors, rear: Extraneous noise)
0586D7 (Back-up Assistant function: Operating error)
7E0197 (ADCAM: Field of view impaired for a short time)
7E01AD (Long-distance range front radar sensor: Temporary fault due to an external event)
7E0392 (Left Autonomous Parking Camera: SERDES communication fault)
7E0393 (Autonomous Parking Camera on the right: SERDES communication fault)
7F0684 (UCAP: temporary software error)
PERFORMED CHECK CONTROL MESSAGE TEST PLAN AND VERIFIED CHECK CONTROL MESSAGE ID 2348: Assisted Driving STORED AT THIS TIME.
PERFORMED TEST PLAN Procedure Driver Assistance functions: Function analysis (ABL-DIT-AT6600_21_FAS_FZDANA). TEST PLAN IN CONCLUSIVE. SUMMITED TRSARA CASE ID 2710370.
TEST DROVE VEHICLE AND VERIFIED STEERING WHEEL IS STRAIGHT AND SUSPENSION IS LEVEL AS PER TSARA. PERFORMED COMPLETE PROGRAMMING AND ENCODING AS PER TSARA. TSARA SUGGEST REPLACING MPAD. PARTS ORDERED. REMOVED RIGHT REAR TRUNK TRIM. REMOVED AND REPLACED MPAD MODULE. I connected the vehicle to ista and started programming. ISTA will not let me program the vehicle. It keeps telling me to replace the MPAD module
(The measures plan contains hardware actions preventing implementation of the measures plan.
Observe the following procedure:
When removing/exchanging a control unit:
Select 'Control unit exchange' and select the control unit to be exchanged on the 'Before exchange' tab.
In the case of retrofits/conversions:
Select 'Vehicle modification' and select the relevant retrofit/conversion.)
I UPDATED TSARA. POSSIBLE IRAP NEEDED.
----TECH 15177, REMOVED THE RIGHT REAR LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT TRIM. REMOVED AND REPLACED THE MPAD CONTROL UNIT. RE-ASSEMBLED THE VEHICLE. PROGRAMMED MPAD TO VEHICLE SUCCESSFULLY. ROAD TESTED THE VEHICLE AND DRIVER ASSIST REDUCED CCM POPPED UP. PERFORMED ANOTHER VEHICLE TEST. FC STORED FOR S6600, 030E0B, AND DAC600. RAN APPLICABLE TEST PLANS AND CAME OUT INCONCLUSIVE. UPDATED TSARA.
REMOVED RIGHT REAR TRUNK TRIM PANELS TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE RSNECU CONTROL UNIT AS PER TSARA. LINES AND CONNECTIONS OK AT THIS TIME.
REMOVED FRONT GRILL ASSEMBLY. REMOVED FRONT RADAR. CHECKED LINES AND CONNECTIONS. PERFORMED PIN DRAG TEST NO FAULTS FOUND AT THIS TIME. UPDATED TSARA.
I REMOVED RIGHT FRONT LOWER DASH COVER TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BCP. I CHECKED RESISTANCE FROM MPAD CONTROL UNIT TO BCP CONTROL UNIT. MEASURED .4 OHMS ON ETHERNET LINES, I MEASURED MPAD TO THE FRSF. I MEASURED .6 OHMS. I MEASURED FROM THE MPAD TO THE RSNECU. I MEASURED .2 OHMS. I UPDATED TSARA WITH RESULTS. I INSTALLED A WIRE HARNESS OVERLAY FROM MPAD TO FRSF. CLEARED FAULTS AND TEST DROVE VEHICLE. DRIVER ASSISTANCE FAULTS RETURNED. UPDATED TSARA.
SWAPPED UCAP MODULE WITH KNOWN GOOD ONE. RECHECKED VEHICLE. FAULTS STILL PRESENT. UPDATED TSARA. INSTALLED UCAP CONTROL UNIT AS PER TSARA. CONNECTED VEHICLE TO ISTA AND PERFORMED COMPLETE PROGRAMMING AND ENCODING. TEST DROVE VEHICLE. DRIVER ASSIT MALFUNCTION RETURNED. UPDATED TSARA CASE.
LOWERED HEAD LINER. REMOVED AND REPLACED TCB AS PER TSE.
CONNECTED VEHICLE TO ISTA AND PERFORMED COMPLETE VEHICLE PROGRAMMING AND ENCODING. TEST DROVE VEHICLE AND PERFORMED DRIVERS ASSIT FUNCTION TEST. DRIVER ASSIT MALFUNCTION FAULT RETURNED AT THIS TIME. UPDATED TSE.

Headliner
Rear luggage compartment
The tech ran a harness bypass/overlay through the car and it’s still bad.

They ultimately are going to have to replace the everything, and hope it codes.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Holy shit that’s incredible.
9 days in it goes nuts. And now they’ve determined that essentially everything is fucked.
Maybe they can just give you a different one being it’s a lease?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:34 pm Holy shit that’s incredible.
9 days in it goes nuts. And now they’ve determined that essentially everything is fucked.
Maybe they can just give you a different one being it’s a lease?
I don't know if
a) I want another one
b) What the next steps/options are.

I am going by what I learned here + elsewhere (IX forums) but overall this process is not very well defined with nebulous timelines. I am now 9 days into "15-20 days" for a decision by the 1800 people. I have no idea what is taking so long or what is even happening on that end.

BMW dealer hasn't presented me with a fix plan either... and we're past 50 days in service now.

It is frigging OCTOBER... :yikes: I'd like to understand what my options are ... either way I think legal advice at this point is likely inevitable.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:38 am

Headliner
Rear luggage compartment

At that point, they should replace the car then
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:16 pm

Collateral swaps are almost impossible anymore, in the age of custom build luxury cars. Can’t pull one off the lot that’s otherwise identical, so you just get all of your cash back.
Johnny_P

Have there been a lot of buybacks on the iX forum?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:09 pm Have there been a lot of buybacks on the iX forum?
They are not super active but there is a guy with a 22 model who seems to be trying to get his bought back for 6+ months.

But he got his previous car Lemoned also and is from Florida. Things seem a bit scammy on his end.

A few others chimed in and had a lot of long term issues they were willing to put up with… (months of waiting) but they didn’t initiate buy backs
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:20 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:16 pm

Collateral swaps are almost impossible anymore, in the age of custom build luxury cars. Can’t pull one off the lot that’s otherwise identical, so you just get all of your cash back.
We have a lot here with similar msrps\specs. These cars don’t have that many colors/options and every dealer has 20-30.

About 2-3 per dealer are comparable/identical specs … the problem is I’m at a dealer that’s different from purchasing dealer so it’ll likely be an epic shit show as the quotes may not be comparable from a dealer contribution/discount etc.
max225

So the SA just called:
“This is the most complicated case I have ever seen, I have no ETA, or path forward, we’re connected to the regional “expert” + German team and have no answers for you”

Car was also driven 70 miles while in service as of today.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:03 pm So the SA just called:
“This is the most complicated case I have ever seen, I have no ETA, or path forward, we’re connected to the regional “expert” + German team and have no answers for you”

:wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

And I’m now working with lawyers.

Shit show.

1800 :mahtroy: s are completely incompetent
Johnny_P

Fucking tint shop :rage:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:55 pm And I’m now working with lawyers.

Shit show.

1800 :mahtroy: s are completely incompetent
This is the right call. The law is on your side and you will not lose. You just need BMW to get off their asses and take their shit car back.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Headliner
Rear luggage compartment

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

incredible admission.

welp. I guess its the new shop car.

Since it seems to be like 'for real' broken and not some interment failure that are admittedly difficult to diagnose, its really amazing they have not just replaced every computer by this point one by one to isolate the issue.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:43 am

incredible admission.

Since it seems to be like 'for real' broken and not some interment failure that are admittedly difficult to diagnose, its really amazing they have not just replaced every computer by this point one by one to isolate the issue.
Unfortunately doesn't work that way. Need approval from the manufacturer to even breathe at this point.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:47 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:43 am

incredible admission.

Unfortunately doesn't work that way. Need approval from the manufacturer to even breathe at this point.
That's who I mean when I say 'they'. The parts changers at the :dillerman: clearly were not up to task.
max225

I think I need to probably calm my tits at this point and expect that this is going to take the full 6-9 months end to end as it does for most cases.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:36 pm I think I need to probably calm my tits at this point and expect that this is going to take the full 6-9 months end to end as it does for most cases.
sucks you will be stuck paying the lease that time
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:23 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:36 pm I think I need to probably calm my tits at this point and expect that this is going to take the full 6-9 months end to end as it does for most cases.
sucks you will be stuck paying the lease that time
Yes it does... it is quite frustrating really. But I mean no different since this whole thing started back on August 11th.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:00 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:47 pm

That's who I mean when I say 'they'. The parts changers at the :dillerman: clearly were not up to task.
Everything on modern cars is now done through “guided fault finding”. Fault codes are generated and GFF leads the tech through what to test next.

When GFF gets to the end of the line, that’s when the manufacturer kicks in. This will be a weird hardware/software combo that’s glitching out.