IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:37 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:27 am

:dat:

maybe if it was a lease, MAYBE. But owing it? :nope:
It's a lease.
It’s a lease for a reason. I had 0 faith in it long term and I figured depreciation was going to be abysmal on an ugly 100k bmw. They are all sub 10k cars by year 7.

However I didn’t expect a 50 day “repair” on a new car
max225

Whole lotta :hibachi: from everyone.

Looks like I’ll be calling for an update to the 1800 folks as well as the stealer.

Day 46 as of today. And no updates since I think just about a week ago.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:27 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:37 am

It's a lease.
It’s a lease for a reason. I had 0 faith in it long term and I figured depreciation was going to be abysmal on an ugly 100k bmw. They are all sub 10k cars by year 7.

ah well that would change my mental math, however I'd still not want to be dealing with this. You buy a new car for it to be reliable and stay OUT the shop. You are about to be 2 payments in on a car you have not driven 1k miles.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:31 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:27 pm

ah well that would change my mental math, however I'd still not want to be dealing with this. You buy a new car for it to be reliable and stay OUT the shop. You are about to be 2 payments in on a car you have not driven 1k miles.
Payment 3 is this Friday
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:55 am Whole lotta :hibachi: from everyone.

Looks like I’ll be calling for an update to the 1800 folks as well as the stealer.

Day 46 as of today. And no updates since I think just about a week ago.
Amaze
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yeah this is incredible. 50 days?!?!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

100% dump this piece and chalk it up to a few months in a free electric BMW $100k machine, :notbad:
max225

The car got driven 29 miles btw …
:hibachi:
max225

Update 1:2
SA just messaged and said they are now replacing some sort of Telematics module now ?! :wtf: and it’s coming from Florida. I’m downright wondering if he messaged the right person.

Calling 1800# in a bit.

I had no issues with said module and it had nothing to do with the error at hand that was thrown… however last week while they were dicking with the car it showed a “emergency communication not available error” in the app for the first time since it entered service.

I’m thinking they fucked that module after doing whatever bullshit they were doing.

I am getting kind of mad over this for some reason. This makes 0 fucking sense
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:24 pm Update 1:2
SA just messaged and said they are now replacing some sort of Telematics module now ?! :wtf: and it’s coming from Florida. I’m downright wondering if he messaged the right person.

Calling 1800# in a bit.

I had no issues with said module and it had nothing to do with the error at hand that was thrown… however last week while they were dicking with the car it showed a “emergency communication not available error” in the app for the first time since it entered service.

I’m thinking they fucked that module after doing whatever bullshit they were doing.

Not out of the realm of possibility. I once had to replace the radar in the grill on a Taycan. That part updated and required a new control unit. That wouldn't talk to the PCM/Nav, so had to replace that. The PCM didn't talk to the Connect Control unit, so a new one went in too.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:53 pm

Calling 1800# in a bit.

Not out of the realm of possibility. I once had to replace the radar in the grill on a Taycan. That part updated and required a new control unit. That wouldn't talk to the PCM/Nav, so had to replace that. The PCM didn't talk to the Connect Control unit, so a new one went in too.
The cruise control on my mk4 VW would cease operation if tail lights were not replaced in pairs.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The Telematics Module!! OF COURSE!!!!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Calling 1800# in a bit.

Btw been kind of looking at some cross tourismo taycans as a possible replacement. Are they absolute nightmares or ok? It’s Porsches first EV so there have to be teething pains, right ?
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:00 pm The Telematics Module!! OF COURSE!!!!
From fucking Florida ?! We’re the #1 market for Evs in the country the fuck is this module doing in DeSantis promised land
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:02 pm

Btw been kind of looking at some cross tourismo taycans as a possible replacement. Are they absolute nightmares or ok? It’s Porsches first EV so there have to be teething pains, right ?
Make sure it’s a July 22 or newer build. Most of the kinks are worked out with those ones and that’s when we saw PCM6 from the factory roll out instead of dealer updates to the older models.

Generally pretty solid, though you will chew through tires in 15-20k miles in a S trim or above.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:00 pm The Telematics Module!! OF COURSE!!!!
From fucking Florida ?! We’re the #1 market for Evs in the country the fuck is this module doing in DeSantis promised land
Porsche’s parts go from Germany to Tennessee to Atlanta.

After that there’s a local warehouse in Ontario, CA and Easton PA.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Oh and depreciate like fucking bricks. One car I have now is a $235k msrp and 15 months/20k miles later, he was offered $110 on trade.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:10 pm

Oh and depreciate like fucking bricks. One car I have now is a $235k msrp and 15 months/20k miles later, he was offered $110 on trade.
That's atrocious.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Calling 1800# in a bit.

I asked the SA why they are replacing that module.
The answer was epic :

“To be honest I’m not sure, we’re relying on TESSARA for next steps”.

That’s their tech team in Germany.
I give up, why did I bother asking.
max225

That sounds like a turbo s. Not looking to light 6 figures on fire. Looking at 4S or 4. They are 120-140 msrp new or about 95ish used
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:12 pm

Calling 1800# in a bit.

The answer was epic :

Don't forget, now that this has gone Lemon, the manufacturer will be calling the shots on the repair. At this point, service will continue to fix the car by doing whatever the TechLine recommends. 1800 support to get you out of the car will not be talking to TechLine. Two separate processes.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:45 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:12 pm

The answer was epic :

Don't forget, now that this has gone Lemon, the manufacturer will be calling the shots on the repair. At this point, service will continue to fix the car by doing whatever the TechLine recommends. 1800 support to get you out of the car will not be talking to TechLine. Two separate processes.
Update 2:2
1800 contact essentially told me to fuck off. “Waiting to hear from regional team and once a decision has been made will contact you”.
:nice:

I guess it’s time to :aintcare:
Johnny_P

Calling 1800# in a bit.

$15 sensor in the grille totals the car. :impressive:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:14 pm
That sounds like a turbo s. Not looking to light 6 figures on fire. Looking at 4S or 4. They are 120-140 msrp new or about 95ish used
A turbo EV. Hm.
Johnny_P

This is all fascinating to me.

On the plus side, Germany is now aware of it and enormously confused and interested. On the minus side the car has been in the service bay twice as long as you had it on the actual road.