OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:52 pm https://blog.blairbunting.com/photoshoo ... -of-space/
this was a neat read and i think some of you may enjoy it
U2 baby. Cool article. Great pics.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

The fucking local bank ive been using just pissed me off again for the last time, dropping their ass today.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:43 am The fucking local bank ive been using just pissed me off again for the last time, dropping their ass today.
Deets?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:53 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:43 am The fucking local bank ive been using just pissed me off again for the last time, dropping their ass today.
Deets?
app sucks
obtuse password rules / reset policy
password reset never works first time and locks out at most inconvenient time
brach hours suck / locations scarce
no free ACH transfers to other banks, and cant even pay in app a nominal dollar or something

and finally.... wife and I are using cashapp / cards to help budget our personal 'fuck it' money and its declining my funding via the debit card.

so, fuckem.

edit: forgot the latest 'fuck you pleb' inconvenience.... the website kicks you out effectively making you double log in if you use a password manager to autofill.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yea time to move on… capital one is decent fyi.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:30 am Yea time to move on… capital one is decent fyi.
as much as i hate big banks i would just do this, but they don't have a presence here. considered an online only bank, but that makes cash a PITA; not a big deal until the refugees started paying rent in cash. also annoying that even with fed prime rate at 5.5% its difficult to find a bank paying anything over 1%. Even the CU we got the auto loan with sucks on savings rates.

Whatever, a popular one here is paying 0.6% and has lots of locations and atms. Doing that.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:20 am
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:53 am

Deets?
app sucks
no free ACH transfers to other banks, and cant even pay in app a nominal dollar or something

and finally.... wife and I are using cashapp / cards to help budget our personal 'fuck it' money and its declining my funding via the debit card.

so, fuckem.

edit: forgot the latest 'fuck you pleb' inconvenience.... the website kicks you out effectively making you double log in if you use a password manager to autofill.
Wow that is a LOT of tech based anger management problems.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:38 am
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:30 am Yea time to move on… capital one is decent fyi.
as much as i hate big banks i would just do this, but they don't have a presence here. considered an online only bank, but that makes cash a PITA; not a big deal until the refugees started paying rent in cash. also annoying that even with fed prime rate at 5.5% its difficult to find a bank paying anything over 1%. Even the CU we got the auto loan with sucks on savings rates.

Whatever, a popular one here is paying 0.6% and has lots of locations and atms. Doing that.
why not consider an online high yield savings account, and then keep a local bank with a debit/checking to deposit said cash?

Wealthfront is at like 4.8% APY, and it goes to 5.x% for 3 months if you use a referral code (I can send you one).

Only problem is it is an ACH transfer to get your money, but you can also get a debit card for the cash account and use it if you need the cash in a pinch.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Think I’ve got plantar fasciitis.
Heel has been super sore waking up the last few mornings. First couple days it’s kinda stretched out as I’ve walked around. Yesterday it stayed sore all day. Trying some stretches and shit to get it to loosen up
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:07 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:20 am

app sucks

so, fuckem.

tech is supposed to work for humans, not the other way around
razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:11 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:38 am

why not consider an online high yield savings account, and then keep a local bank with a debit/checking to deposit said cash?

Wealthfront is at like 4.8% APY, and it goes to 5.x% for 3 months if you use a referral code (I can send you one).

Only problem is it is an ACH transfer to get your money, but you can also get a debit card for the cash account and use it if you need the cash in a pinch.
Considering that, but to get the good good rates we need direct deposit to the online bank. and i think with the local bios their are fees without min balances and such.

But you are right, it's worth looking into. Either way i have to go to a local bank today and get that going so I will.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:36 am
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:07 am

razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:11 am why not consider an online high yield savings account, and then keep a local bank with a debit/checking to deposit said cash?

Considering that, but to get the good good rates we need direct deposit to the online bank. and i think with the local bios their are fees without min balances and such.

But you are right, it's worth looking into. Either way i have to go to a local bank today and get that going so I will.
No direct deposit needed for WF, I don’t think?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:40 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:36 am

oh I meant for the other place, sofi. I'll look into wealth front thanks for the tip! and I'll hit you up for code if we go that way.

at new local bank now, intro rate of 3.49 for 6 months on money market of 5k or more :notbad:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:21 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:40 am
oh I meant for the other place, sofi. I'll look into wealth front thanks for the tip! and I'll hit you up for code if we go that way.

at new local bank now, intro rate of 3.49 for 6 months on money market of 5k or more :notbad:
My capital one savings is at like 4.3% now. No DD necessary.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:34 am Think I’ve got plantar fasciitis.
Heel has been super sore waking up the last few mornings. First couple days it’s kinda stretched out as I’ve walked around. Yesterday it stayed sore all day. Trying some stretches and shit to get it to loosen up
:disgust:
I have/had that for years. Now I stretch my Achilles tendons before I even get out of bed in the morning and it seems to help. I'll also stretch them throughout the day if I remember. After a fairly long time, it's all but disappeared from 1 foot and largely gone from the other.

Good luck with yours. It's a bitch, for sure.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:09 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:21 pm

My capital one savings is at like 4.3% now. No DD necessary.
Just checked my Discover savings account and it's 4.21% now :notbad:

We got one of those really high rate ones from an unknown bank a while back (CIT Bank, not to be confused with Citi) and it was sort of a rate bait and switch, so I'll just stick with Discover as they've treated me well. Even my checking account pays 1.5% now.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:38 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:34 am Think I’ve got plantar fasciitis.
I have/had that for years. Now I stretch my Achilles tendons before I even get out of bed in the morning and it seems to help. I'll also stretch them throughout the day if I remember. After a fairly long time, it's all but disappeared from 1 foot and largely gone from the other.

Thanks! Been stretching and rolling a ball under the arch of my foot which is painful to do, but provides some relief when walking after. Guess I just have to keep up with that shit until it sorts itself out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:01 pm
wap wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:38 pm

Thanks! Been stretching and rolling a ball under the arch of my foot which is painful to do, but provides some relief when walking after. Guess I just have to keep up with that shit until it sorts itself out.
I honestly don’t remember what I did to eliminate it but I think good shoes definitely came into play. What do you wear for lifting? Those crazy deadlifts are a lot of pressure on the feet, I wonder if something with more/different support would help?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:01 pm

I honestly don’t remember what I did to eliminate it but I think good shoes definitely came into play. What do you wear for lifting? Those crazy deadlifts are a lot of pressure on the feet, I wonder if something with more/different support would help?
Yeah it’s definitely time for me to upgrade my footwear.. I have some Adidas NMD shoes that I do most of my cardio/walks in, then just some shitty Nike SB low top shoes for wearing around, and I do my lifts in a pair of Nike Metcons.

Part of my issue is that I have fairly wide feet, and rather than buying wide shoes I’ve just bought standard size shoes big enough to fit my width, which makes them fit poorly everywhere else. So I need to stop being an idiot and get proper fitting shoes that provide some good arch support since I have fairly high arches as well.

I did order a pair of compression socks to help with the pain for now, and I’m gonna get one of these braces you sleep in that pulls your foot into dorsiflexion and pulls back on your toe to stretch those tendons while you sleep. Then next weekend I’ll go shoe shopping and get something quality to support my feet. When my dad had plantar fasciitis before his podiatrist recommended New Balances, so I’ll start my search there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Now that you mention it, the compression socks definitely helped me overcome it.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:41 pm Now that you mention it, the compression socks definitely helped me overcome it.
:nice:

I stretched it quite a bit last night while sitting catching up with my pops and it was somewhat less painful this morning. His brother had it a while ago and ended up having to get his tendon sliced up to relieve the pain because nothing else was working.. had a steroid shot, did the compression socks, the sleeping brace that pulls your toes back, PT, different shoes, etc. Hope between stretching and getting supportive footwear I can be done with this and now have to go that route.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How was everyone's weekend? I'm trying to get into work today with limited success.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:06 am How was everyone's weekend? I'm trying to get into work today with limited success.
Pretty decent, quick river camping trip testing out the new rig before we go further. Good times with our friends. Tired out everyone lol
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:49 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:06 am How was everyone's weekend? I'm trying to get into work today with limited success.
Pretty decent, quick river camping trip testing out the new rig before we go further. Good times with our friends. Tired out everyone lol
Man, I would love to go camping, was just thinking about that this weekend. Too bad I just was on vacay for two weeks :lolol: probably can't bail out of work in the near-term.

Weekend here was pretty chill, :tits: seemed to pick up the 'VID on our trip/return flights. I continually test negative but had some cold symptoms. We planned out my 'he-shed' project, I did a bit of cycling, cleaned up the yard/house, washed the GR, laid low at the house, watched some sports ball. The Panthers still appear to be terrible but my alma mater, U Miami did well.

Traveling to Philadelphia this week and one of my college buddies lives there, going to watch the Thursday night U Miami game together :excited:
SAWCE

Weekend was good, but quick. Friday night hit the best sushi spot we’ve been to out here for our anniversary dinner. Super fresh tasting fish, good sized rolls.. pricey, but will definitely be back there for special occasions like this.

Saturday flew down to Utah for my buddy’s dad’s memorial service. Was nice to see him and catch up and pay my respects to his father. Another one of our childhood friends from church was there as well. Saturday night after the service went to my dad’s place out there and spent the evening with him.

Sunday met back up with my two friends for lunch at the other guy’s house then they dropped me off at the airport to fly back up here.

I’m exhausted, my foot is killing me, but I’m glad I got to go see him/then and my dad.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:01 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:49 am

Man, I would love to go camping, was just thinking about that this weekend. Too bad I just was on vacay for two weeks :lolol: probably can't bail out of work in the near-term.

Weekend here was pretty chill, :tits: seemed to pick up the 'VID on our trip/return flights. I continually test negative but had some cold symptoms. We planned out my 'he-shed' project, I did a bit of cycling, cleaned up the yard/house, washed the GR, laid low at the house, watched some sports ball. The Panthers still appear to be terrible but my alma mater, U Miami did well.

Traveling to Philadelphia this week and one of my college buddies lives there, going to watch the Thursday night U Miami game together :excited:
Still waiting for dem pics, :bruh:
:well:

Also, weekend was busy mostly packing/getting ready for our trip to Prague. Leaving tomorrow. :excited:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.