OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Michelle and I sat in a zoom meeting for an adoption agency last night. We have a few other agencies we’re going to explore too. Appointment today to get her tubes x-rayed and see how her internals look for possible IUI treatment as well.
Last edited by SAWCE on Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:45 pm

How long and how expensive is welding school?
Mid-life crisis career change? I support it.
Too old for that shit but it is a very legit trade/very transportable just curious about the front end investment.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:56 pm

Too old for that shit but it is a very legit trade/very transportable just curious about the front end investment.
It would be a nice skill to have for sure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:38 pm

Went to welding school after dropping out of college. I worked 11pm-7:30am and then had school from 12pm-5pm.
That depends. Mine was 6mo and about $8,000. That did include certification costs which I know how was really pointless, but there's some programs that are a year or more that can cost up to $20k.

There's also hobbyist classes at these schools that are just a few hundred dollars and are about 20hrs of class time.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat:
I want to be a rock star
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The investment depends entirely on what type you want to do. The type of stuff I've been doing can be learned in a garage on a decent used welder or a two week class and lots of practice at home. If you want to do pipe/high pressure or structural you need the schooling. I could teach anyone here how to do hobby level welding in a couple of hours. At least good enough to get hired at an entry level job.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:12 pm

The investment depends entirely on what type you want to do. The type of stuff I've been doing can be learned in a garage on a decent used welder or a two week class and lots of practice at home. If you want to do pipe/high pressure or structural you need the schooling. I could teach anyone here how to do hobby level welding in a couple of hours. At least good enough to get hired at an entry level job.
Turn that into a side-gig..
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:41 pm Fence project finally finished. Still sporting a sprained wrist from the debacle of digging 24 post holes 42" deep for a 36" high fence.

Various landscaping bits that are still a work in progess:

Not shown is the taking down of an old 42 ft section of chain link fence that really opens up the now fenced in yard so nice. Yuuge improvement there.

Leaving for Prague a week from today ( :megusta: ) so not much will happen until later this month when I'll be ordering a couple tons of crushed stone and gravel to fill in those areas where you now see landscape fabric. Then I'm shutting down the project until next spring. Gonna be firepit season soon. :excited:

More projects in store next year, too.
Great job malakamou
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:51 pm
wap wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:41 pm Fence project finally finished. Still sporting a sprained wrist from the debacle of digging 24 post holes 42" deep for a 36" high fence.

Various landscaping bits that are still a work in progess:

Not shown is the taking down of an old 42 ft section of chain link fence that really opens up the now fenced in yard so nice. Yuuge improvement there.

Leaving for Prague a week from today ( :megusta: ) so not much will happen until later this month when I'll be ordering a couple tons of crushed stone and gravel to fill in those areas where you now see landscape fabric. Then I'm shutting down the project until next spring. Gonna be firepit season soon. :excited:

More projects in store next year, too.
Great job malakamou
Eucharisto, pedimou!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:08 am

I’d be asking for them to refund a portion of the cost..
Im talking to the corporate first thing tomorrow or tuesday assuming being tomorrow is a labor day. Its not fair and :tits: roomie already got their couch while they ordered at the same time. Only because we wanted the pull out bed for visitors. Even then, they couldve atleast given us the feedback
"Hi, since this seems to be an issue on your end, with no ETA in sight even though we ordered this due to moving and we are really looking to furnish our empty apartment, I'd like to receive either a partial refund if the order can still be fulfilled within a reasonable timeframe. If it can't, I'd like a full refund. This is my first experience with Joybird and it is not leaving a positive lasting impression."

If they reply anything other than trying to accommodate this request, or tell you they cannot give you a partial or full refund, then you can simply state:

"I will be providing these e-mails to my credit card holder and requesting a chargeback for this transaction".

KEEP AS MUCH OF THE CONVO ON E-MAIL/CHAT.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:30 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:29 am

Im talking to the corporate first thing tomorrow or tuesday assuming being tomorrow is a labor day. Its not fair and :tits: roomie already got their couch while they ordered at the same time. Only because we wanted the pull out bed for visitors. Even then, they couldve atleast given us the feedback
"Hi, since this seems to be an issue on your end, with no ETA in sight even though we ordered this due to moving and we are really looking to furnish our empty apartment, I'd like to receive either a partial refund if the order can still be fulfilled within a reasonable timeframe. If it can't, I'd like a full refund. This is my first experience with Joybird and it is not leaving a positive lasting impression."

If they reply anything other than trying to accommodate this request, or tell you they cannot give you a partial or full refund, then you can simply state:

"I will be providing these e-mails to my credit card holder and requesting a chargeback for this transaction".

KEEP AS MUCH OF THE CONVO ON E-MAIL/CHAT.
:impressive: I'll stir the pot
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:47 pm

I want to be a rock star
Me too man, that was always the dream. That’s how I wound up in pro/commercial audio. Sadly I don’t think my rock star days are happening :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:24 pm Just did a weld test and job interview that went pretty well. Cross your fangers for me y'all.
Good luck man! I know you’ve been searching for a while now for something new.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Yep been trying for a year and a half.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:20 am
Tar wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:47 pm

I want to be a rock star
Me too man, that was always the dream. That’s how I wound up in pro/commercial audio. Sadly I don’t think my rock star days are happening :lolol:
:samelol:

I have some friends that still want to gig, so we are going to do all the fun things without any of the fame.. or likely any money. If that's as close as I get, I'll take it.

My play list is getting longer, but the guitar guy who is also singing doesn't have the vocal cords to sustain 10 or 12 songs sprinkled with Cobain, Cornell, Weiland, etc so almost half the songs we've been practicing now have to be replaced with more gig/voice friendly tunes. I don't mind, but I was excited about doing our first open mic Sept 30th, and that doesn't look feasible anymore. New target is end of November, which is still :fuckyeah:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

This project at work they are tying to make us maintain 2 timelogs and thier shit is fucking constantly broken. Im very far over it.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Guess talking to the corporate worked

Hallelujah

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:04 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:20 am

I have some friends that still want to gig, so we are going to do all the fun things without any of the fame.. or likely any money. If that's as close as I get, I'll take it.

My play list is getting longer, but the guitar guy who is also singing doesn't have the vocal cords to sustain 10 or 12 songs sprinkled with Cobain, Cornell, Weiland, etc so almost half the songs we've been practicing now have to be replaced with more gig/voice friendly tunes. I don't mind, but I was excited about doing our first open mic Sept 30th, and that doesn't look feasible anymore. New target is end of November, which is still :fuckyeah:
If I was in driving distance I'd come sing for y'all and play whatever backup guitbox was needed. My vox are pretty dece actually.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:03 pm Guess talking to the corporate worked

Hallelujah

:fuckyeah: finally :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:13 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:03 pm Guess talking to the corporate worked

Hallelujah

I pretty much took rudy's advice except it was over the phone along with my kevin voice "i want my couch now" and they discounted for me down to 2,500 :lol:
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:20 pm

I pretty much took rudy's advice except it was over the phone along with my kevin voice "i want my couch now" and they discounted for me down to 2,500 :lol:
:nice:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So it was a 3k couch...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:53 pm

So it was a 3k couch...
I paid $3,000 that was on its sale price that was about to discontinue soon which I made the purchase at the time, when the actual price was actually $5,000. So i got even more of a discount after bitching the corporate for the, non transparent communication delay past the promised date. #turkishstyle but I was kinda nice said things like, " I already have a lot going on and the last thing I want was to sit in my office chair in my living room. You guys make really nice couches also my first time purchasing your merchandise and I really wish i would say i have a great experience but given that I have been waiting way past than I have been told that they will send me a delivery schedule that has been passed over a week now then for some reason you told me you could not figure out an ETA, im afraid this is not a good experience and i would like atleast some sort of discount for compensation". I played the i travel for work from time to time card with them when i really dont
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

https://blog.blairbunting.com/photoshoo ... -of-space/
this was a neat read and i think some of you may enjoy it
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:04 am

If I was in driving distance I'd come sing for y'all and play whatever backup guitbox was needed. My vox are pretty dece actually.
That'd be amazing, I think we'd all be down for that. Truth told, my guy is pretty good when he has his voice intact, but we are adjusting to new songs, which will ease the strain.

Gotta stick to stuff like this for Nov dates unless you somehow move here 😋 :

And less of this:

How fun is that, eh? Way cheaper then car shit too... I could be doing this for years!