Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Bruh. This is depressing as fuck.

You should vacate to a more realistic market and affordable pricing.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Like Delaware
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Should have posted this a couple weeks ago, but...

:rage:
Fuck, my boiler shit the bed and needs to be replaced. :waxer:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:04 pm Should have posted this a couple weeks ago, but...

At least it happened in Summer?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:49 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:04 pm Should have posted this a couple weeks ago, but...

At least it happened in Summer?
Yeah that's the only good thing. Happened the week before we left for vacation to Pittsburg last month. Shut off the water supply and hot/cold feed/return lines and :aintcare: until we got back. Lead time us supposedly 2 weeks so yeah, plenty of time to replace it before we need it.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I recently sunk almost 10g into a new gas furnace and new AC......
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:30 pm I recently sunk almost 10g into a new gas furnace and new AC......
:yikes:
Our new boiler is gonna cost almost $8 g's. And that's just the boiler since we don't have central air. Considered one of those super-efficient boilers with PVC venting and integrated hot water maker, but the math just didn't work. It was twice as much dough, and even at 96% efficiency it would take the whole expected life span of the unit to recoup the upfront cost.mm So we went with a conventional boiler with a mid-80's %age efficiency.
wap

That doesn't take into account any potential tax benefits of said boiler, but :notsure: how much that would be. :ohwell:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Update on the JP tries to leave south Philly hell…

I got one! We close next month.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 pm Update on the JP tries to leave south Philly hell…

:doge: Such detail, many link, so vague, wow :doge:

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
:waiting: :wasteful: :waiting:
:waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 pm Update on the JP tries to leave south Philly hell…

:fuckyeah:
FINALLY!! Deets, :bruh:
Glad for you. :like: :like:
Johnny_P

3 bed 3 bath home close to a downtown area but with a cute yard and ability to build an addition in the future. It’s small at 1697 sq ft and expensive at 610k. But it will work for now. Especially with a second little on the way.

Needs just a bit of work to move in but not much. Eventually I’ll need to replace all the windows as they’re single pane and old Af but they have storm windows over them so maybe not too drafty.

wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:21 pm 3 bed 3 bath home close to a downtown area but with a cute yard and ability to build an addition in the future. It’s small at 1697 sq ft and expensive at 610k. But it will work for now. Especially with a second little on the way.

Needs just a bit of work to move in but not much. Eventually I’ll need to replace all the windows as they’re single pane and old Af but they have storm windows over them so maybe not too drafty.

:megusta:
:nice: fence and porch. Chimney looks 5/7, too. Is this the place with the ancient boiler?
Still in Philly or a 'burb?
Link to listing?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:21 pm 3 bed 3 bath home close to a downtown area but with a cute yard and ability to build an addition in the future. It’s small at 1697 sq ft and expensive at 610k. But it will work for now. Especially with a second little on the way.

359/ ft jesus christ, fuck cities

But I am glad for you, at least you can put this to bed. You've finally made a decision after 5+ years, and now all that's left is the work. Do that and welcome your new addition and enjoy the new digs.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

3k sf swamp palace @$254k looking better and better.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:50 pm

359/ ft jesus christ, fuck cities

But I am glad for you, at least you can put this to bed. You've finally made a decision after 5+ years, and now all that's left is the work. Do that and welcome your new addition and enjoy the new digs.
Major metropolis vs flyover state. Philly is basically Cali prices but with muggy weather and everything is broken.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Nice looking spot. Very cute. 1700sqft shouldn’t be bad for four people depending on the layout.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:25 pm

Nice looking spot. Very cute. 1700sqft shouldn’t be bad for four people depending on the layout.
Thanks. It will work for now. I’m excited that this process is nearing an end. Buying a house has been one of the worst experiences of my entire life.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:28 pm

Thanks. It will work for now. I’m excited that this process is nearing an end. Buying a house has been one of the worst experiences of my entire life.
Asked before but it got missed. Is this the place with the ancient boiler?
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:33 pm

Nope. Someone grossly overpaid for that place.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:20 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:33 pm

Nope. Someone grossly overpaid for that place.
Oh good!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I have two first world issues to contend with, a pool heater control module wish shows an error and causes inoperability of the heater, and a stove with a squeaky cool down fan that sounds like it has a bad bearing. Hoping I can fix both myself, and may start with the fan replacement first, which seems like an easier task since the root cause is already identified. I'm just not sure how easy it is to tear the stove apart to get at that fan. It's inset into the kitchen cabinetry so I don't want to chip the wooden frame that holds it in place (may be a two person job).
Johnny_P

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:03 am I have two first world issues to contend with, a pool heater control module wish shows an error and causes inoperability of the heater, and a stove with a squeaky cool down fan that sounds like it has a bad bearing. Hoping I can fix both myself, and may start with the fan replacement first, which seems like an easier task since the root cause is already identified. I'm just not sure how easy it is to tear the stove apart to get at that fan. It's inset into the kitchen cabinetry so I don't want to chip the wooden frame that holds it in place (may be a two person job).
Should be able to yank it out pretty easily. Is it a gas stove? If it is, watch that you don’t kink or puncture the flex hose. If it’s a copper hose just replace it because they all suck.
Desertbreh

Its been depressing 2000 miles away. Good luck on the reno.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:22 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:03 am I have two first world issues to contend with, a pool heater control module wish shows an error and causes inoperability of the heater, and a stove with a squeaky cool down fan that sounds like it has a bad bearing. Hoping I can fix both myself, and may start with the fan replacement first, which seems like an easier task since the root cause is already identified. I'm just not sure how easy it is to tear the stove apart to get at that fan. It's inset into the kitchen cabinetry so I don't want to chip the wooden frame that holds it in place (may be a two person job).
Should be able to yank it out pretty easily. Is it a gas stove? If it is, watch that you don’t kink or puncture the flex hose. If it’s a copper hose just replace it because they all suck.
Thanks, I'm fortunate to report that it's electric. So unplug/plug back in.