OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:00 pm Yeah dude I’d been kinda meh about the whole thing leading up to that point, but as soon as I found out she was pregnant I had this crazy excitement and couldn’t wait until we could get ultrasounds and start to see it developing, downloaded all the apps to track progress, bought books, the whole nine yards. Then just gone in a hellishly painful week for Michelle. Heartbreaking.
Totally get it. So sorry man.

Not to pile on, but after my wife's miscarriage it actually took some time for her cycle to return to normal. Her body will need to "flush out" everything in there, and then it's entirely possible it'll take some time for her ovulations to get back on a normal schedule. That was certainly our experience. Just wanted to mention in case things do take awhile to get a second positive test mah man. Good luck!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 am
coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing a child, no matter the age or the health complications. My wife miscarried at ~8 weeks the first time and even that was incredibly difficult.
Haven’t shared with too many, but we just went through that last month. Especially shitty after trying for a kid for like 9 months. We were a week or so out from our first IUI consult, then found out she was pregnant. Gone a few weeks later :(
At least now we know we can, and supposedly your chances of conception are higher in the following months since her body is more primed for it, so we’re taking solace in that and hopeful we’ll get one going again soon.
Oh dude, so sorry. :(

From :wat: I understand, that isn't uncommon at all, and likely for the best as there was probably something fatally :wrong: with it anyway and nature took care of it. Happened to a friend of mine, between her 2 healthy daughters. You'll get a healthy one eventually. As you say, now you know you can :doit: !
Last edited by wap on Fri May 19, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Griff'd it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:14 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:00 pm Yeah dude I’d been kinda meh about the whole thing leading up to that point, but as soon as I found out she was pregnant I had this crazy excitement and couldn’t wait until we could get ultrasounds and start to see it developing, downloaded all the apps to track progress, bought books, the whole nine yards. Then just gone in a hellishly painful week for Michelle. Heartbreaking.
Totally get it. So sorry man.

Not to pile on, but after my wife's miscarriage it actually took some time for her cycle to return to normal. Her body will need to "flush out" everything in there, and then it's entirely possible it'll take some time for her ovulations to get back on a normal schedule. That was certainly our experience. Just wanted to mention in case things do take awhile to get a second positive test mah man. Good luck!
Thanks dude! Yeah it’s taking some time to return to normal for sure. About six weeks post miscarriage right now and she hasn’t gotten her period yet, just now starting to get into the PMS phase.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:16 pm

Haven’t shared with too many, but we just went through that last month. Especially shitty after trying for a kid for like 9 months. We were a week or so out from our first IUI consult, then found out she was pregnant. Gone a few weeks later :(
At least now we know we can, and supposedly your chances of conception are higher in the following months since her body is more primed for it, so we’re taking solace in that and hopeful we’ll get one going again soon.

From :wat: I understand, that isn't uncommon at all, and likely for the best as there was probably something fatally :wrong: with it anyway and nature took care of it. Happened to a friend of mine, between her 2 healthy daughters. You'll get a healthy one eventually. As you say, now you know you can :doit: !
:wub:

We read that too, which definitely helps with coping with it. Generally happens when there’s a chromosomal abnormality or something similar and usually for the best.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:22 pm
wap wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:16 pm

:wub:

We read that too, which definitely helps with coping with it. Generally happens when there’s a chromosomal abnormality or something similar and usually for the best.
:dat:
Think of it as a :jesus: abortion. :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:05 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:32 pm Interesting on the full remote thing, I figured the government would be the last place to find remote work. Will check that out.
Hope it helps! The pay is meh, but the benefits are solid with PTO, sick leave, 401k matching, pension, etc. Work/life balance is second to none for most agencies.
I can't fully speak for gov but what if when you want to travel internationally and work there, they won't allow it due to vpn concerns?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh

coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing a child, no matter the age or the health complications. My wife miscarried at ~8 weeks the first time and even that was incredibly difficult.
I have experienced this. It is not fun. Just gotta get back in the saddle.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:36 pm

Hope it helps! The pay is meh, but the benefits are solid with PTO, sick leave, 401k matching, pension, etc. Work/life balance is second to none for most agencies.
I can't fully speak for gov but what if when you want to travel internationally and work there, they won't allow it due to vpn concerns?
I haven’t experienced that, but don’t think it’d be an issue unless you work somewhere that requires a secret or top secret clearance. We just sent some of our folks to Guam and a few other places (yeah, I know it’s a US territory) for some contracts they’re working on.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:38 pm

I have experienced this. It is not fun. Just gotta get back in the saddle.
Pretty wild how common it actually is. Sucks. But yes, we’re back to tracking her hormones and looking for that fertility window and then just :jizz: away.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Usually you are not allowed to take your asset (laptop, etc) out of the country for security purposes. HOWEVER, this varies greatly based on the role/agency/etc you are with. Maybe SAWCE knows more tho
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:09 pm

I haven’t experienced that, but don’t think it’d be an issue unless you work somewhere that requires a secret or top secret clearance. We just sent some of our folks to Guam and a few other places (yeah, I know it’s a US territory) for some contracts they’re working on.
One thing to be sent internationally for a contract/project and work from there, versus getting a vacation in Italy on personal time and bringing your laptop to WFH.

Usually there are exceptions/levels to it.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:09 pm

One thing to be sent internationally for a contract/project and work from there, versus getting a vacation in Italy on personal time and bringing your laptop to WFH.

True I wasn’t thinking about that. But I’d also never really want to travel for leisure and bring work with me like TK is talking about lol.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:13 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:10 pm

True I wasn’t thinking about that. But I’d also never really want to travel for leisure and bring work with me like TK is talking about lol.
I'd be thinking more like: Get remote job based in USA, rent a flat in EU for 182 days a year.
SAWCE

Valkyrie wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:23 pm

I'd be thinking more like: Get remote job based in USA, rent a flat in EU for 182 days a year.
I’m sure some agencies allow for it.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Department of state, cia, etc sure do
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am
D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 am

:sad: It has been shocking to see how frequently stuff like this happens now that I'm of that age... many people want kids and can't have 'em or have to go through hell to get them, others don't want/have no business having and wind up with 3-4+, but this type of scenario is the worst possible outcome. I have to friends who lost their kids in the past couple of years, one a day or two into it, the other a couple of months in...
Losing TWO is horrifying. At such a young age for both. Maybe it's a sign that they shouldn't have any, like some underlying, unknown condition that's preventing healthy offspring. Nature can be cruel sometimes.
Sorry two different couples, both dealt with this shit in the past two years.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:29 am
D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 am

:sad: It has been shocking to see how frequently stuff like this happens now that I'm of that age... many people want kids and can't have 'em or have to go through hell to get them, others don't want/have no business having and wind up with 3-4+, but this type of scenario is the worst possible outcome. I have to friends who lost their kids in the past couple of years, one a day or two into it, the other a couple of months in...
You have close friends with 3-4 kids ? I don’t know anyone in my larger friend circle with more than 2… most don’t have any. Kind of wild to be honest. Maybe it’s a California thing but we’re not even replacing ourselves. Pop decline will be a real thing once we croak unless our CF reverses that trend.
No I meant people with no business having kids have that many I.e. poor teenagers and the like.

Funny enough though I think it being a California thing like you said is right in a way… but more like it’s a city thing. My wife’s friends from where she grew up with is like shit ass rural NC all seem to have 3-4 although at least they mostly have the means/wherewithal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:00 pm
coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:36 am

Sorry to hear that dude. :sad: It's weird...at first when she told me she was pregnant it was "holy fuck! I'm gonna be a dad!!" and then a couple days later it was almost like nothing changed. But over those next few weeks I started getting attached to the little nugget in there and when we found out the baby was gone it was really tough. Moreso on her, but on me too.

Incredibly thankful we have the three beautiful kids we do, even when they drive me nuts and take all of my money. :lol:
Yeah dude I’d been kinda meh about the whole thing leading up to that point, but as soon as I found out she was pregnant I had this crazy excitement and couldn’t wait until we could get ultrasounds and start to see it developing, downloaded all the apps to track progress, bought books, the whole nine yards. Then just gone in a hellishly painful week for Michelle. Heartbreaking.
Really sorry to hear it man, I know y’all have been hoping for a kid for a while. Hopefully she can get pregnant again soon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:00 pm
coogles wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:36 am

Sorry to hear that dude. :sad: It's weird...at first when she told me she was pregnant it was "holy fuck! I'm gonna be a dad!!" and then a couple days later it was almost like nothing changed. But over those next few weeks I started getting attached to the little nugget in there and when we found out the baby was gone it was really tough. Moreso on her, but on me too.

Incredibly thankful we have the three beautiful kids we do, even when they drive me nuts and take all of my money. :lol:
Yeah dude I’d been kinda meh about the whole thing leading up to that point, but as soon as I found out she was pregnant I had this crazy excitement and couldn’t wait until we could get ultrasounds and start to see it developing, downloaded all the apps to track progress, bought books, the whole nine yards. Then just gone in a hellishly painful week for Michelle. Heartbreaking.
Really sorry to hear it man, I know y’all have been hoping for a kid for a while. Hopefully she can get pregnant again soon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I’m all for remote work where it makes sense but this does seem like a lot to ask plus the hours would blow…
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

While on the subject of having kids, I haven’t mentioned here yet that we’re expecting :baby: in December. First round of IVF work. It’s been a long journey nonetheless, I’m hoping it all works out.

We were really not into a December birth but decided to move forward ASAP as we’ve been trying for a couple years now. Turns out it’ll be 5/7 financially - we will get a tax credit plus :tits: met her out of pocket max on IVF so it should be as close to free as possible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Department of state, cia, etc sure do
:whalecum: back, feel like you haven’t been around of late. How’s life?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:49 pm While on the subject of having kids, I haven’t mentioned here yet that we’re expecting :baby: in December. First round of IVF work. It’s been a long journey nonetheless, I’m hoping it all works out.

We were really not into a December birth but decided to move forward ASAP as we’ve been trying for a couple years now. Turns out it’ll be 5/7 financially - we will get a tax credit plus :tits: met her out of pocket max on IVF so it should be as close to free as possible.
Grats breh !
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:49 pm While on the subject of having kids, I haven’t mentioned here yet that we’re expecting :baby: in December. First round of IVF work. It’s been a long journey nonetheless, I’m hoping it all works out.

Nice dude! We could have had birthday bro babies. Our dude date was Dec. 10. We were looking forward to sliding the :baby: in right at the end of the year for the tax bennies too :lol:

Glad the ivf worked for you guys, I know you’d been trying for a while too.