General Economic chit chat/updates.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:33 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:52 pm Dumb ass question. What’s the shittiest smallest legal seat for crotchfruit.
Totally depends on age.
Newly popped out
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:17 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:33 pm

Totally depends on age.
Newly popped out
You have two options, really. One is a dedicated infant seat that pops on and off of a base. Useful for carrying a sleeping sack of :baby: without having to get them out of their seat.

This is about as cheap as those get - https://www.albeebaby.com/graco-snugrid ... tudio.html

The other is an all-in-one. Goes from an infant seat to a convertible to a booster, this is the cheapest one I found.
https://www.albeebaby.com/cybex-eternis ... black.html
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:31 pm

Newly popped out
You have two options, really. One is a dedicated infant seat that pops on and off of a base. Useful for carrying a sleeping sack of :baby: without having to get them out of their seat.

This is about as cheap as those get - https://www.albeebaby.com/graco-snugrid ... tudio.html

The other is an all-in-one. Goes from an infant seat to a convertible to a booster, this is the cheapest one I found.
Got it, I think i should have clarified, do you think these would fit a rear seat with a 33” legroom ? Price is kind of not an object, more concerned about the space.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:40 pm

Got it, I think i should have clarified, do you think these would fit a rear seat with a 33” legroom ? Price is kind of not an object, more concerned about the space.
Since the car seat is on the bench, and I presume using the LATCH system (which is way easier than belt loop), it will actually depend on far back the seat is reclined, rather than the leg room.

AKA, for each car set up the base to have the kid behind the person who is willing to put their seat up the furthest/not recline it as much.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:54 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:40 pm
Since the car seat is on the bench, and I presume using the LATCH system (which is way easier than belt loop), it will actually depend on far back the seat is reclined, rather than the leg room.

AKA, for each car set up the base to have the kid behind the person who is willing to put their seat up the furthest/not recline it as much.
10-4.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:13 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:07 pm

yea but once they can get in seat by themselves it would be better. Im just about at that point.
No doubt! But it's that point in time between the pumpkin and a forward-facing convertible that the 86 just cannot do. There's no getting a kid in a rear-facing seat in this thing.

I keep telling my little man he needs to eat more before he can ride in the blue car. He's tall enough for a booster, but he's one skinny dude and needs to gain 5 more pounds before he hits the 40 pound minimum for a booster. :lol:
get him lifting, deadlifts will add mass (joking)

in all serial, all the car seat stuff about hardline weights/age is rank bullshit. Its a way for the normies to do the right thing easy and works for most people. wtf difference is five elbees gonna do? Take the kid for a ride. Ive put my 70lb 5yr old in the miata in the front seat for rips around the neighborhood.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:40 pm Got it, I think i should have clarified, do you think these would fit a rear seat with a 33” legroom ? Price is kind of not an object, more concerned about the space.
33" is not much. My MK7 GTI supposedly had 35.5", for reference. Anything rear-racing behind the passenger seat would put that person's knees in the glove box even in the GTI. Unless it's a Clek with the rigid latch system, though, the child seat can be installed in the middle seat and still use the latch anchors. That'll allow the child seat to extend between the two front seats a bit until the kid is forward-facing at around 2 years old. It's also obviously more protected against side impacts there.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:18 am
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:13 pm

No doubt! But it's that point in time between the pumpkin and a forward-facing convertible that the 86 just cannot do. There's no getting a kid in a rear-facing seat in this thing.

I keep telling my little man he needs to eat more before he can ride in the blue car. He's tall enough for a booster, but he's one skinny dude and needs to gain 5 more pounds before he hits the 40 pound minimum for a booster. :lol:
get him lifting, deadlifts will add mass (joking)

in all serial, all the car seat stuff about hardline weights/age is rank bullshit. Its a way for the normies to do the right thing easy and works for most people. wtf difference is five elbees gonna do? Take the kid for a ride. Ive put my 70lb 5yr old in the miata in the front seat for rips around the neighborhood.
Probably right. I've been waiting bc the harness boosters are pretty bulky - a regular booster would be way better as far as the kid actually fitting comfortably in that tiny backseat.
max225

I'll just leave this here...

My boss who has been at the company for 17 years has been brutally canned by our new CFO. Along with a couple hundred of other people which was planned. I feel bad for my boss he was never really a "manager" of mine but more of a friend. The world is ruthless, and the next time someone tells me "oh you're exaggerating everything is fine" eh... they get :gtfo:

Work is really FUNNNN right now.

No one is safe.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:dat:

Salesforce had another round of layoffs today. Our airing-of-grievances Slack channel is a dumpster fire today.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:33 pm I'll just leave this here...

My boss who has been at the company for 17 years has been brutally canned by our new CFO. Along with a couple hundred of other people which was planned. I feel bad for my boss he was never really a "manager" of mine but more of a friend. The world is ruthless, and the next time someone tells me "oh you're exaggerating everything is fine" eh... they get :gtfo:

No one is safe.
IIRC we have some budget analyst positions open.. pay wouldn’t be great compared to tech bro pay area salary, but you’d at least get the SF locality rate tacked onto your base pay. If ever interested, let me know and I can send over application links.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:32 am
max225 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:33 pm I'll just leave this here...

No one is safe.
IIRC we have some budget analyst positions open.. pay wouldn’t be great compared to tech bro pay area salary, but you’d at least get the SF locality rate tacked onto your base pay. If ever interested, let me know and I can send over application links.
I appreciate the offer :). Unfortunately i am a couple levels above analyst, and currently not necessarily looking to jump ship. I think I am done with "desk" jobs after this. Shit is getting old.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:32 am

I appreciate the offer :). Unfortunately i am a couple levels above analyst, and currently not necessarily looking to jump ship. I think I am done with "desk" jobs after this. Shit is getting old.
:word: didn’t think it’d be something you’d jump on.. but if you ever find yourself on the wrong end of that chopping block, feel free to reach out if desired. Might be a decent temp solution at least.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:07 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:32 pm

:word: didn’t think it’d be something you’d jump on.. but if you ever find yourself on the wrong end of that chopping block, feel free to reach out if desired. Might be a decent temp solution at least.
Yea I think I will take a couple of years off work after getting laid off. I honestly don't "need" to anymore. Lived below our means for 20+ years. I can stretch it to retirement. Unless of course the dollar disappears.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:46 pm

Yea I think I will take a couple of years off work after getting laid off. I honestly don't "need" to anymore. Lived below our means for 20+ years. I can stretch it to retirement. Unless of course the dollar disappears.
That’s awesome that you’ve worked hard and put yourself in that position. Nicely done. The sacrifices will absolutely be worth it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Vodka Bar in Kona
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

*laughs in diaper expenses*
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:02 pm

Vodka Bar in Kona
That’s the ideal plan breh
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Amidst the doom and gloom and after our sales layoffs in January/February I actually got a 3% bump in base pay which was cool. That said, glad it came at this time because the reorg post layoffs had some commission plan reorganizing hidden in it as well that made the comp plan a bit shittier and much harder to understand.

:disgust:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

https://capitalisteric.wordpress.com/20 ... fications/

thats a yiokes. People have been fearful of the dollar collapse for decades, but it might be happening.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Newly popped out

Fresh out we used the Graco Snugride 35 that you linked. Or it was similar to that. It was really nice to be able to transfer a sleeping infant from car to house by clicking the seat out. We had a stroller that it could attach to, but if we did it again I’d just get one of those scissor frame strollers and click the car seat into that. The seat was cheap and well made.

I was able to sit comfortably in the CRV with him behind me. I think if you can find something that you can easily install on the middle rear seat it would open more room for the front passenger seat.

Buy Buy Baby will let you test fit stuff in your car and they have all the cheap seats. Graco and Chicco make good cheaper ones.

When they’re forward facing you have a bit more room to play with, until those size 6T shoes can reach the seat back at least. We turned my son around when he was 2yo and got him a Nuna convertible seat sometime between 1 and 2 when he outsized his infant seat. It’s kind of a beast. I think Clek makes the smallest ones.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/saudis-c ... 29069.html

oh that will help things. Is this part of ending petrodollar?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

There's a lot of top down belt tightening going on in my industry. If there was a chance of avoiding a recession, then the :eeyore: will certainly push us over the edge.... I'm ready to just veg out and and :aintcare: for the next few years. It is what it is at this point.
max225

Tar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:19 pm There's a lot of top down belt tightening going on in my industry. If there was a chance of avoiding a recession, then the :eeyore: will certainly push us over the edge.... I'm ready to just veg out and and :aintcare: for the next few years. It is what it is at this point.
Hard to be happy go lucky when people you worked with for years are gone. Everything you touch is worth 40-70% more than 3 years ago … and “raises” are negative for most
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:19 pm There's a lot of top down belt tightening going on in my industry. If there was a chance of avoiding a recession, then the :eeyore: will certainly push us over the edge.... I'm ready to just veg out and and :aintcare: for the next few years. It is what it is at this point.
Hard to be happy go lucky when people you worked with for years are gone. Everything you touch is worth 40-70% more than 3 years ago … and “raises” are negative for most
:word: