General Economic chit chat/updates.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:51 am PPI going back up
The index for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services rose 0.6 percent in January 2023, the largest advance since moving up 0.9 percent in March 2022. For the 12 months ended in January 2023, prices for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services increased 4.5 percent.
7.4% annulaized
INFLATION IS BACK ON THE MENU BOIS :dislike:
Yea both the data and my own personal experience shows this to be Def true. I paid $22 after tax for NyQuil while the shelves were empty

golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:57 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:51 am PPI going back up

7.4% annulaized
INFLATION IS BACK ON THE MENU BOIS :dislike:
Yea both the data and my own personal experience shows this to be Def true. I paid $22 after tax for NyQuil while the shelves were empty

yea, more and more places look like we live in a 2nd world country :(
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Nyquil MAX......so it's specifically formulated just for you. :impressive:
No wonder it's :waxer:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
golftdibrad1

"GM making buyout offer to all salaried employees in U.S. with five years’ tenure"

Thats probably not a good sign.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1

So SVB eh? Max you have an account there?
golftdibrad1

"Regulators seized New York regional bank Signature Bank (SBNY) two days after shutting down Silicon Valley Bank as overseers of the banking system try to restore calm before markets open Monday."

grip your posterior region firmly.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:29 pm So SVB eh? Max you have an account there?
No. Not in first republic either … shit is hitting the fan … as expected but “funemployment” is 3.6% you see
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:22 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:29 pm So SVB eh? Max you have an account there?
No. Not in first republic either … shit is hitting the fan … as expected but “funemployment” is 3.6% you see
oil down almost 5% on day.

despite the numbers in indexes everything is shitting. I think this week and next will be quite spicy in the financial shit. The 10yr bond holders gonna get eaten alive, and apparently everyone has lots of exposure there. So. Rates back to zero inflation to the moon and beyond. :(
golftdibrad1

golftdibrad1

another big bank failed in EU, getting 'rescued'

To BiG tO fAiL

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

@Brad are you the keeps your money in a box buried in your yard kinda guy?

:caspian:
golftdibrad1

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:58 am @Brad are you the keeps your money in a box buried in your yard kinda guy?

LOL no. If shit hits the fan the paper is just as useless as the digital 1's and 0's. I have in interest bearing checking earing 3%.

small bit of cash, gold, silver, and ammo to barter with if the world resets and takes a few weeks to figure out.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:28 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:58 am @Brad are you the keeps your money in a box buried in your yard kinda guy?

LOL no. If shit hits the fan the paper is just as useless as the digital 1's and 0's. I have in interest bearing checking earing 3%.

small bit of cash, gold, silver, and ammo to barter with if the world resets and takes a few weeks to figure out.
This is the way. I should get a bit of gold and silver for that seemingly inevitable “oh fuck” time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My money’s in the bank, like Brad said the interest is nice. If things get that bad, we will all be dead anyway. My survival skills aren’t that great.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Wife and I both kind of depend on modern medicine to live, so yeah we're fucked in the event of a real collapse. :thisisfine:
golftdibrad1

"Yellen says US may intervene again to protect banking system"

The banks are FINEEEE
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

the most precious of metals during an apocalypse is ammo shaped.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:04 pm the most precious of metals during an apocalypse is ammo shaped.
yes. I hope we don't get there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:04 pm the most precious of metals during an apocalypse is ammo shaped.
No, they're actually little cylinders full of beans and :tuna: and shit.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 pm
I mean, you can stack those up for the people who have ammo to eventually convince you of handing them over.

See what I mean?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
golftdibrad1

razr390 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:53 am

I mean, you can stack those up for the people who have ammo to eventually convince you of handing them over.

See what I mean?
this guy gets it.

it also makes you able to protect any 'cans' you have stacked. or anything else.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

See what I mean?
I'd rather be dead than live in a world where I have to threaten people to steal food or have that action done to me.
golftdibrad1

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:29 am

See what I mean?
I'd rather be dead than live in a world where I have to threaten people to steal food or have that action done to me.
Those evil people that would do such things dont give a good god damn about your morality and would likely gladly oblige this deathwish.

Why would you not at least attempt to protect your family? You are trying to be a father - you will be a provider & protector. Why not use the best tools available for said purpose?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:39 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:29 am

Those evil people that would do such things dont give a good god damn about your morality and would likely gladly oblige this deathwish.

Why would you not at least attempt to protect your family? You are trying to be a father - you will be a provider & protector. Why not use the best tools available for said purpose?
1. Maybe I'll feel differently if we have a kid, but no, I don't want to live in a world where killing people or even owning firearms is required for day-to-day life and am 100% unwilling to do so.

2. This is all nahgonnahappen territory anyway.

If I'm out guns blazin' in this scenario, I am 100% part of the problem, so why bother?
golftdibrad1

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:05 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:39 am

1. Maybe I'll feel differently if we have a kid, but no, I don't want to live in a world where killing people or even owning firearms is required for day-to-day life and am 100% unwilling to do so.

If I'm out guns blazin' in this scenario, I am 100% part of the problem, so why bother?
An analogy:
1. Maybe I'll feel differently if we have a kid, but no, I don't want to live in a world where spare tires, fix a flat, or even owning a torque wrench is required for day-to-day life and am 100% unwilling to do so.

If I'm out riding on flat tires, gouging roads, clogging freeways, or simply blocking a fuel pump in this scenario, I am 100% part of the problem, so why bother?
The point here is, you might not need a spare tire or tire plugs or torque wrenches every day, but they are TOOLS and when you need one to get your car going again nothing else really gets the job done effectively.

You do you. I'll do my best to help protect the people like you if SHTF as well, but my people first.