MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Deets
Just a Prime beef bottom roast braised and pressure cooked in a tomato sofrito, then shredded and slow cooked in arrabiata sauce. Added the typical S&P, and other seasonings to taste.

Put it over cheese ravioli but in hindsight I would've preferred some big rigs.

Edit: just realized I forgot the red wine. :rage:
Yummmmmm
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:26 pm That looks excellent
:dat:

Rowing machine, Track tire coffee tables, lightning on the bedroom walls..........and he can cook. The new Burt Reynolds.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Deets
Just a Prime beef bottom roast braised and pressure cooked in a tomato sofrito, then shredded and slow cooked in arrabiata sauce. Added the typical S&P, and other seasonings to taste.

Put it over cheese ravioli but in hindsight I would've preferred some big rigs.

Edit: just realized I forgot the red wine. :rage:
Oh man :drool:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:24 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:26 pm That looks excellent
:dat:

Rowing machine, Track tire coffee tables, lightning on the bedroom walls..........and he can cook. The new Burt Reynolds.
:lolol:
Waiting for the Cale Playgirl centerfold.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The home gym is getting traded for a motorcycle this week.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:50 pm The home gym is getting traded for a motorcycle this week.
Dibs on your liver. I need a backup.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Valkyrie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:50 pm The home gym is getting traded for a motorcycle this week.
Not for me, but for my roommate who already has a buyer for the bike. He's basically getting $4500 for stuff that just takes up space. Not a bad deal. I'll never own a motorcycle
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:10 am
Valkyrie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 pm

Not for me, but for my roommate who already has a buyer for the bike. He's basically getting $4500 for stuff that just takes up space. Not a bad deal. I'll never own a motorcycle
Nice :dillerman: wheeling and dealing.

I need to sell a ton of things sitting here. Bikes, guitars, computers and a ton of parts for all of them. Need to give away a ton of clothes too, between not needing winter stuff or men's styles.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Even though we purged some stuff before the move to OR, I’m looking forward to purging more before we move into the house. Was planning on bagging up some old clothes to donate today.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:46 pm Even though we purged some stuff before the move to OR, I’m looking forward to purging more before we move into the house. Was planning on bagging up some old clothes to donate today.
Did you close on a house? Maybe I missed the post
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:46 pm Even though we purged some stuff before the move to OR, I’m looking forward to purging more before we move into the house. Was planning on bagging up some old clothes to donate today.
We’re all set for closing on 2/8. Builder has a few items left on our punch list, but we’re all good besides waiting for those.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:51 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:56 pm

We’re all set for closing on 2/8. Builder has a few items left on our punch list, but we’re all good besides waiting for those.
Dang that was quick ! Congrats !
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:51 pm

Dang that was quick ! Congrats !
Thanks dude! Yeah it all happened super fast.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

We finally had a nice day here for the first time in awhile, sunny and 80ish like it's supposed to be at this time of year. I got my drum kit and PA out in the back yard and had some people over to screw around jamming on stuff all afternoon. Drums are pretty fun to play, I was on them almost all day today - barely touched the guitar since there were 3 other melody players here on guitar, sax, and flute of all things. The kid (maybe 21?) on flute was actually really good, lots of years of classical training and some street busking experience had him jumping right in with us ZFG and sounding nice.

I'm thinking about putting together a more organized jam night for local players maybe once a month during the week, assuming I can get a venue on board and at least get a few bucks for dragging all of my gear out. It's a harder sell than open mic or karaoke but I think that if I can get a core group of people coming out that it would be self-sustaining and a lot of fun. There have to be plenty of people around who are into more than just solo acoustic singer-songwriter stuff. Even if I end up having to play drums most of the time it would be good practice for me anyway, my kit collects dust in the garage if I'm not playing with other people.

It's nice to just exist without hiding, there are a ton of opportunities around here. I still feel awkward/vulnerable but the level of acceptance and straight up ZFG attitude is even beyond what I had expected.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Valkyrie wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:36 pm We finally had a nice day here for the first time in awhile, sunny and 80ish like it's supposed to be at this time of year. I got my drum kit and PA out in the back yard and had some people over to screw around jamming on stuff all afternoon. Drums are pretty fun to play, I was on them almost all day today - barely touched the guitar since there were 3 other melody players here on guitar, sax, and flute of all things. The kid (maybe 21?) on flute was actually really good, lots of years of classical training and some street busking experience had him jumping right in with us ZFG and sounding nice.

I'm thinking about putting together a more organized jam night for local players maybe once a month during the week, assuming I can get a venue on board and at least get a few bucks for dragging all of my gear out. It's a harder sell than open mic or karaoke but I think that if I can get a core group of people coming out that it would be self-sustaining and a lot of fun. There have to be plenty of people around who are into more than just solo acoustic singer-songwriter stuff. Even if I end up having to play drums most of the time it would be good practice for me anyway, my kit collects dust in the garage if I'm not playing with other people.

It's nice to just exist without hiding, there are a ton of opportunities around here. I still feel awkward/vulnerable but the level of acceptance and straight up ZFG attitude is even beyond what I had expected.
Sounds like a good day.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Valkyrie wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:36 pm We finally had a nice day here for the first time in awhile, sunny and 80ish like it's supposed to be at this time of year. I got my drum kit and PA out in the back yard and had some people over to screw around jamming on stuff all afternoon. Drums are pretty fun to play, I was on them almost all day today - barely touched the guitar since there were 3 other melody players here on guitar, sax, and flute of all things. The kid (maybe 21?) on flute was actually really good, lots of years of classical training and some street busking experience had him jumping right in with us ZFG and sounding nice.

Sounds pretty 5/7. Outside of the weekly rehearsals (of which I miss about half due to work) in my concert band where I play tuba, music stuff has been very much back burnered for me behind work, fitness/cycling, house shit, marriage, etc. I would love to have a place to just go jam on vocals, guitar, and/or bass once or twice a month. It's a lot more fun with other people and it helps create a sense of urgency to practice.

Glad to see your new community is so much better for you than all the other places you lived as well!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, would eat Cale's pasta :iono:
wap

:nice:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:09 am Also, would eat Cale's pasta :iono:
Sounds like code for something. :hubba: :hubba:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:08 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:09 am Also, would eat Cale's pasta :iono:
Sounds like code for something. :hubba: :hubba:
:hue:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I love this. I've really gotten into jam bands the last year or so, and some of my favorites are the least expected. Trey Anastasio Band has a full horn section, a drummer and a percussionist, plus Trey and a bassist. Lettuce (heavy Jazz/funk) is another wacky experience with a ton of different instruments.

The creative jamming with a variety of musicians and instruments is just on another level, and I'd love to watch this sort of stuff live with local musicians. I hope you can pull it off, that would rule.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

:fuckyeah:

Valkyrie and the Old Guard. Let people rotate in and out of the line up as time and schedules permit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Valkyrie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:11 pm

I got my ears pierced sophomore year of college in my dorm by my gf at the time, just the cost of the fake diamonds :lolol:
:impressive:

I've always been afraid of being outed so no ear piercings, and not interested in any other piercings anyway. Tattoos I'm too indecisive for - how could I possibly choose one image to have on my body every day for the rest of my life? That's like choosing one car to drive or one food to eat or one song to listen to or one shirt to wear every day forever. Impossible.
I have always wanted tattoos but won't ever get any for that exact reason, it's a tough commitment.
SAWCE

Same re: tattoos.

Love seeing them on other people (for the most part) but no idea what I’d be okay with seeing every day for the rest of my life. I do kick a few ideas around from time to time, but at the very least I’ll wait until I’m done competing since I feel like they take away from your look on stage.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:22 am

I love this. I've really gotten into jam bands the last year or so, and some of my favorites are the least expected. Trey Anastasio Band has a full horn section, a drummer and a percussionist, plus Trey and a bassist. Lettuce (heavy Jazz/funk) is another wacky experience with a ton of different instruments.

The creative jamming with a variety of musicians and instruments is just on another level, and I'd love to watch this sort of stuff live with local musicians. I hope you can pull it off, that would rule.
:word:

I'm way more interested to see people improvising than strumming the same old Tom Petty tunes, but it's not clear whether it would actually sell beer. Luckily I can probably convince some people to give it a shot regardless. Getting a few core regulars is what it'll need to take off, I think there is room and enough talent in the local scene for something like it.

I had "the talk" with my friend who owns the venue I've played at most frequently and he and his wife were cool. Not really surprising since their place is a known refuge for any and all of us weirdos, but a relief nonetheless. Looks like we'll be starting shows back up soon with the weather going back to normal.