max225 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:11 pm

Is the woman pregnant yet ?
Dude doesn't have the red rocket yet what do you think
He has the date... :yikes:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 pm ETA is 2/17 now for reasons.
:wtf: :rage:

Still, that's only 3 weeks away! :excited:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 pm ETA is 2/17 now for reasons.

Thought you might be interested in this CarGurus listing:
2022 Subaru BRZ Premium RWD - $30,999 (GREAT_PRICE)
Mileage: 3,736 Location: Concord, CA
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/348199352

They seem to be going for sticker or lower used at this point which is nice
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:20 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 pm

All cars should be lower than sticker used IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:12 am
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:20 pm

All cars should be lower than sticker used IMO.
So much :dat: It doesn't seem to make sense to get used with that route, when you typically want used to mitigate some placprofit/depreciation.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Going on 2 weeks of BRZ being on a train :yuno:

Also, test drove a Bolt EUV on Saturday. It was a used 2022 w/o Super Cruise. It kind of smelled like cigarettes.

Finally got all the W2s added to Turbo Tax. Looks like we can snag the full $7,500 EV credit if we bought in Q1. Might trade in the Outback for a fully loaded Bolt EUV if I can lock in a solid trade in ($27k+ ideally) and Q1 delivery.

$38,600 - $7500 - $27,000 = $4,100

It's dorky as hell, but it's a damn good appliance. Payback would be <2 years for how much I'm driving for work. We take RDX together everywhere anyways. It used to be the Outback back when the woman had an old Focus, but now the RDX has replaced it. No need to drive something as big as the outback for a daily.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:57 am Going on 2 weeks of BRZ being on a train :yuno:

Also, test drove a Bolt EUV on Saturday. It was a used 2022 w/o Super Cruise. It kind of smelled like cigarettes.

Finally got all the W2s added to Turbo Tax. Looks like we can snag the full $7,500 EV credit if we bought in Q1. Might trade in the Outback for a fully loaded Bolt EUV if I can lock in a solid trade in ($27k+ ideally) and Q1 delivery.

It's dorky as hell, but it's a damn good appliance. Payback would be <2 years for how much I'm driving for work. We take RDX together everywhere anyways. It used to be the Outback back when the woman had an old Focus, but now the RDX has replaced it. No need to drive something as big as the outback for a daily.
I'd be into the Bolt EUV as a companion to the BRZ honestly. I don't really daily drive my personal car at all, no commute and rentals when traveling, but it sounds like a no brainer in your case for a new car with only $4100 or so outlayed.

How did it drive, cigarette smell aside?
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:02 pm
MrH42 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:57 am Going on 2 weeks of BRZ being on a train :yuno:

I'd be into the Bolt EUV as a companion to the BRZ honestly. I don't really daily drive my personal car at all, no commute and rentals when traveling, but it sounds like a no brainer in your case for a new car with only $4100 or so outlayed.

Surprisingly good? It’s not very powerful. But the throttle response is instant. So compared to the outback, it feels as quick when trying to jump into a spot in traffic. Just stab the throttle and go. Outback has to rev up with the cvt, then go. It’s faster once you get into the right rev range, but there’s just such a big lag in getting there. It very much feels like when you select the tiny wheels and shitty tires on Mario Kart. Better tires would help it a lot.

I drive 66 miles round trip every day. 90%+ of the trip is super cruise enabled. I’ll save $2,000+/yr in gas and maintenance easily. Any road trip we take the RDX, so it’s just for me to commute in.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MrH42 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:02 pm

Surprisingly good? It’s not very powerful. But the throttle response is instant. So compared to the outback, it feels as quick when trying to jump into a spot in traffic. Just stab the throttle and go. Outback has to rev up with the cvt, then go. It’s faster once you get into the right rev range, but there’s just such a big lag in getting there. It very much feels like when you select the tiny wheels and shitty tires on Mario Kart. Better tires would help it a lot.

I drive 66 miles round trip every day. 90%+ of the trip is super cruise enabled. I’ll save $2,000+/yr in gas and maintenance easily. Any road trip we take the RDX, so it’s just for me to commute in.
how cold is it where you live? cold drops the range in my volt a full on 40-50%, and it doesn't even get THAT cold in east TN. Something to consider, IIRC those have a range of like 90 miles so in cold weather you would be touch and go for range.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

60% of the Bolt EUV rated range is still 150mi
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:12 am 60% of the Bolt EUV rated range is still 150mi
:notbad:

Thats alot more than I thought.

With that kind of range use h42 might need a 220 charger, unless you can charge at work easy. But if H got a 220 drop in the garage this is an easy problem to deal with.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

GM gives you a free 220 outlet installation with purchase. Only problem is it takes a few weeks after purchase to get the electrician scheduled and out there.

It gets colder in Ohio than Tennessee for sure, but my garage stays pretty warm. You can pre-condition the car when it's plugged in too I think, so I can get it piping hot before I leave for work. No charging at work currently, but I should be fine on a full battery, even in winter storm weather.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

MrH42 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:59 am GM gives you a free 220 outlet installation with purchase. Only problem is it takes a few weeks after purchase to get the electrician scheduled and out there.

It gets colder in Ohio than Tennessee for sure, but my garage stays pretty warm. You can pre-condition the car when it's plugged in too I think, so I can get it piping hot before I leave for work. No charging at work currently, but I should be fine on a full battery, even in winter storm weather.
Even with used? Thats down right :impressive:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I'm not looking to buy that used one. Trying to source a new one with super cruise.

Chevy's website shows many in stock or in transit. Every dealer says they're sold when you reach out to them. Some even have pictures of the vehicles on their lot, covered in snow.

...why would they bother taking pictures of a vehicle if it's sold before it even arrives?

What's even the point of having inventory on Chevy's website if they're all being ordered and bought long before they arrive? That defeats the whole purpose of listing inventory!!! :angry:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This is a solid 2 car solution, or perhaps 3 car solution imo. Hybrid/ev and a fun weekend toy. Also does the outback feels a little bulgy for a daily? I drive my family's crosstek every now and then and it does an excellent job in the city.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:42 pm

This is a solid 2 car solution, or perhaps 3 car solution imo. Hybrid/ev and a fun weekend toy. Also does the outback feels a little bulgy for a daily? I drive my family's crosstek every now and then and it does an excellent job in the city.
Outback is pretty good. It's a great size in terms of utility. Huge back seat and cargo space. AWD system is great. Suspension tuning is really good for what it is: a big comfy rally wagon.

The downsides: gas mileage sucks, the CVT is not great, and the infotainment continues to be a mess. An EV makes a ton of sense for my use case (66+ miles a day commute). I hate the EV credit laws, but I'm also :scrooge: , so I feel obligated to take advantage.

Bolt EUV, RDX, and BRZ is a pretty well rounded garage. I would prefer a Ford Lightning over a Bolt EUV, but not at 2.5x the cost. A truck bed would be really handy to have around.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:35 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:42 pm

Outback is pretty good. It's a great size in terms of utility. Huge back seat and cargo space. AWD system is great. Suspension tuning is really good for what it is: a big comfy rally wagon.

The downsides: gas mileage sucks, the CVT is not great, and the infotainment continues to be a mess. An EV makes a ton of sense for my use case (66+ miles a day commute). I hate the EV credit laws, but I'm also :scrooge: , so I feel obligated to take advantage.

Bolt EUV, RDX, and BRZ is a pretty well rounded garage. I would prefer a Ford Lightning over a Bolt EUV, but not at 2.5x the cost. A truck bed would be really handy to have around.
DO you need 4X4? The Maverick FWD Hybrid would be a pretty dece DD and get you the bed.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Car is at the :dillerman: Picking it up today.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 am Car is at the :dillerman: Picking it up today.

:fuckyeah: :megusta: love ittt
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:jimp:

We are seriously :dock: on this one, looks like my 2/17 date is getting moved forward :excited: :popcorn: :hibachi:

Congrats man, it looks excellent!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I hate how unagressive those Michelins look :lolol: Otherwise, it looks amazing, love the WR blooo!
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Needs my old gold :ramz: ASAP. :jelly:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

#BRZBOIZ

:lol:

Hope you enjoy it!
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:49 am :jimp:

We are seriously :dock: on this one, looks like my 2/17 date is getting moved forward :excited: :popcorn: :hibachi:

Congrats man, it looks excellent!
You have your VIN? You can track the truck if you want. I had better intel than my :dillerman: did on delivery date.