MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:04 pm
ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:54 am
I'll feel right at home then. :| :rolleyes:

Again, just want to see the sun sometimes and be close to things to see and do. Since this isn't a permanent residence, I'm a bit :aintcare: about the people.
Yep. I mean weather wise it should be a nice relief. People gonna be people anywhere. It’s less dense out there than DC proper so there’s that too. I think it sounds like a great move! 😀
His is one of the nice ones, up north past his county is where I'd probably be more concerned of in that regard. Starting from following county it's all yee yee! Including Frederick and Hagerstown (or I call it Hagerstucky.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:22 pm Dude gray skies for long periods of time get me all spun out as well. Glad you're gonna have an option like the mid Atlantic to get away if you need to
:dat: curious how you find CLT since you’re a transplant and is similar enough to Mid Atlantic. I think it’s a reasonable winter and decently sunny but some people are very doom and gloom about it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:04 pm
ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:54 am
I'll feel right at home then. :| :rolleyes:

Again, just want to see the sun sometimes and be close to things to see and do. Since this isn't a permanent residence, I'm a bit :aintcare: about the people.
Yep. I mean weather wise it should be a nice relief. People gonna be people anywhere. It’s less dense out there than DC proper so there’s that too. I think it sounds like a great move! 😀
:dat: rural anywhere America is red neck/Trumpy :ohwell:

Most people are pretty decent overall, it’s best to just avoid political discussions :aintcare:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:22 pm Dude gray skies for long periods of time get me all spun out as well. Glad you're gonna have an option like the mid Atlantic to get away if you need to
:dat: curious how you find CLT since you’re a transplant and is similar enough to Mid Atlantic. I think it’s a reasonable winter and decently sunny but some people are very doom and gloom about it.
The people who are doom and gloom have never lived anywhere with a shit winter like the middle of NY through the Midwest. This is downright easy living. I've worn something heavier than a hoodie maybe twice in two years.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 pm

The people who are doom and gloom have never lived anywhere with a shit winter like the middle of NY through the Midwest. This is downright easy living. I've worn something heavier than a hoodie maybe twice in two years.
Damn, I wear a jacket when it's under 70 and start thinking about hat and gloves under 60.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Valkyrie wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:48 am

Damn, I wear a jacket when it's under 70 and start thinking about hat and gloves under 60.

I'm don't live in a walkable area so I'm hardly ever outside for more than a couple minutes at a time.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:03 am

I'm don't live in a walkable area so I'm hardly ever outside for more than a couple minutes at a time.
:word:

I used to live in t-shirts all winter in the suburbs since life was just moving from one heated area to another.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:dat: for me too pretty much but I spend a lot of time outside year round. Here it’s pretty viable to enjoy the outdoors year round on most days if you have decent gear for it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:06 pm

:dat: for me too pretty much but I spend a lot of time outside year round. Here it’s pretty viable to enjoy the outdoors year round on most days if you have decent gear for it.
There's no bad weather, just bad clothes. :lolol:

Seriously, I've been hiking here every week. Even in 20's, I'll go out with a coat, hat, and gloves. Once it gets into the teens :doe: I'm :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It has been a really "cold" winter here in cali.. .we also had gray skies for 3 + weeks. Which is kind of insane... I started getting quite :( out here. Haven't felt that way in a while... dog got holed up also. And it's been 30s in the mornings and 50s during the day until last week also.. weird times.

I don't own a jacket to wear :shock:
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I wore jeans and a pleather jacket last night playing an outdoor open mic while it was around 75F. Didn't have to worry about cold hands, just nerves. My partner did in fact get out of jail last weekend from the DUI episode and signed us up to play, even though he hadn't touched a guitar in 4 months and I hadn't played or sung any of those songs since last May or really practiced much of anything recently. Naturally the place was packed even though we were told it's usually quiet there. Oh and it was my first time going out in public in full makeup introducing myself as Valerie... :thisisfine:

The first person I ran into in the parking lot was a guy I had literally just met the night before (as a dude) and spent 2 hours talking music with, he was very confused but cool - and looking for a new lead guitarist for a band with some good gigs locally. He seemed impressed with my playing and unphased by the awkwardness, enough to have already texted me today to make some plans to jam next week so maybe that will go somewhere.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Valkyrie wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:59 am I wore jeans and a pleather jacket last night playing an outdoor open mic while it was around 75F. Didn't have to worry about cold hands, just nerves. My partner did in fact get out of jail last weekend from the DUI episode and signed us up to play, even though he hadn't touched a guitar in 4 months and I hadn't played or sung any of those songs since last May or really practiced much of anything recently. Naturally the place was packed even though we were told it's usually quiet there. Oh and it was my first time going out in public in full makeup introducing myself as Valerie... :thisisfine:

The first person I ran into in the parking lot was a guy I had literally just met the night before (as a dude) and spent 2 hours talking music with, he was very confused but cool - and looking for a new lead guitarist for a band with some good gigs locally. He seemed impressed with my playing and unphased by the awkwardness, enough to have already texted me today to make some plans to jam next week so maybe that will go somewhere.
Sounds like a good night, well done!
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:27 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:06 pm

Seriously, I've been hiking here every week. Even in 20's, I'll go out with a coat, hat, and gloves. Once it gets into the teens :doe: I'm :nope:
I try to walk in any weather, except heavy rain or snow. I'll walk in a light rain or drizzle or cold ZFG. Couple winters ago I tried walking when it was -4F. I was out for about 40 minutes. It was interesting. I've got a great Marmot parka that's :amaze: warm and good mittens so I was fine. The interesting thing was that my eyelashes would freeze together every time I blinked so I'd have to spread them apart with my fingers. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Valkyrie wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:59 am I wore jeans and a pleather jacket last night playing an outdoor open mic while it was around 75F. Didn't have to worry about cold hands, just nerves. My partner did in fact get out of jail last weekend from the DUI episode and signed us up to play, even though he hadn't touched a guitar in 4 months and I hadn't played or sung any of those songs since last May or really practiced much of anything recently. Naturally the place was packed even though we were told it's usually quiet there. Oh and it was my first time going out in public in full makeup introducing myself as Valerie... :thisisfine:

:notbad:
Good luck with the potential new band!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:50 am

It has been a really "cold" winter here in cali.. .we also had gray skies for 3 + weeks. Which is kind of insane... I started getting quite :( out here. Haven't felt that way in a while... dog got holed up also. And it's been 30s in the mornings and 50s during the day until last week also.. weird times.

It's been cold, wet, and gray this year here too - at least compared to normal. I bought pants and a jacket myself, didn't expect to be doing that down here.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I think it's cool that you have the :balls: to pursue the performing gig. It's awesome that its all coming together.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:03 am

Sounds like a good night, well done!
Good in hindsight, honestly terrifying and exhausting at the time.

I was about to bail, but my friend was either lucky or clever in that he'd left his guitar at my house the night before so I had to show up for him to be able to play.
ChrisoftheNorth

There's a ton of :fuckyeah: here. :popcorn: for new opportunities.

You can shred, that's all that matters IMO. Others will feel the same, I'm sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:03 am
ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:27 am

I try to walk in any weather, except heavy rain or snow. I'll walk in a light rain or drizzle or cold ZFG. Couple winters ago I tried walking when it was -4F. I was out for about 40 minutes. It was interesting. I've got a great Marmot parka that's :amaze: warm and good mittens so I was fine. The interesting thing was that my eyelashes would freeze together every time I blinked so I'd have to spread them apart with my fingers. :lolol:
Eyelash freezing is where I draw the line. I have plenty of gear to stay warm, but the face is hard. That's why we built an in-door gym. I still ride the bike every day, but I need fresh air as much as possible too.
ChrisoftheNorth

Dang, that is cold for out there. Incessant gray skies can :gtfo: I can't stand it. It's amazing how much of a drag it can be on your emotional state not seeing the sun.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I've been loving every minute of it but we have had some sun.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

ChrisoftheNorth wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:16 am
wap wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:03 am

Eyelash freezing is where I draw the line. I have plenty of gear to stay warm, but the face is hard. That's why we built an in-door gym. I still ride the bike every day, but I need fresh air as much as possible too.
Wasn’t expecting to, but we’re going to do a little home gym set up at the new place. There is a large storage area where our furnace is off of the garage before heading up to the living area, we were going to use that as storage to keep the garage clear from shit, but my dad offered us their old Weider total body smith machine set up. So we’ll throw that and their old treadmill down there. It’s a surprisingly versatile piece.. has the smith racks with attached barbell for various presses and pulls, could squat too.. then a pec dec set up behind that inside the rack, bench that adjusts from a slight decline to all the way upright and had attachments for leg curls and extensions and a preacher curl set up too, cable attachments up top and down on the bottom :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:18 pm
Wasn’t expecting to, but we’re going to do a little home gym set up at the new place. There is a large storage area where our furnace is off of the garage before heading up to the living area, we were going to use that as storage to keep the garage clear from shit, but my dad offered us their old Weider total body smith machine set up. So we’ll throw that and their old treadmill down there. It’s a surprisingly versatile piece.. has the smith racks with attached barbell for various presses and pulls, could squat too.. then a pec dec set up behind that inside the rack, bench that adjusts from a slight decline to all the way upright and had attachments for leg curls and extensions and a preacher curl set up too, cable attachments up top and down on the bottom :notbad:
I wish we had the space for something like that :megusta: :fuckyeah:

Our "gym" is really just a dedicated room for the bike and treadmill. We've got some dumbells to use on a rack on the side, and that's about it.

BUT, when it's 20 degrees and dark all day outside, it's nice to have a bright warm place to ride or walk/run in. It's made a huge difference for me battling :eeyore:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:18 pm
If you're not getting huge, recovering from getting huge, or preparing to get huge, you're just wasting time.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Alright DFD Travel Bros:

My daughter is studying abroad at Trinity University in Dublin. I have been to Ireland somewhat recently, so I am meeting her in March to get around a bit on the European continent.

2 Nights in Amsterdam.
1 Night in Bruges
3 Nights in Honfleur (Normandy)
3 Nights in Paris.

I am renting an Audi to drive from Amsterdam to Bruges to Honfleur to Paris. Anybody who has ANYTHING to offer about the above listed cities or areas in terms of must do, please chime in. I have not been to Europe for 30 years except aforementioned Ireland trip 6 years ago. I gotta say, it's a damn reasonable time to it, the hotel rates are absolutely legit compared to the U.S. A luxury hotel on an island, in the Seine, overlooking the work in progress on the Cathedral of Notre Dame...........is $350. My better half has to travel to San Diego in Mid February and a Courtyard Marriott actually had a nightly room rate of $1400. :wtf: