OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:03 pm Yea to build a bit on TK’s NYC post, walking is 5/7, and I don’t think I’d ever get tired of it. The subway is great to get to major intersections and then you can walk the rest of the way.

The couple we visited have 1 electric scooter each, but they were both broken at the moment due to the shit roads/etc that beats them up.

Ultimately the quickest way to get around is the subway. They told me that if they’re out past 9-10, they will taxi or Uber home for safety concerns but during sunlight hours subway is 100% the move.

I love visiting New York because I like seeing people doing their own thing, being out and about, etc. it’s sort of refreshing. It makes me hate how car dependent San Antonio, and even south Florida is.
Agreed, it’s so 5/7 being able to walk everywhere and people watch. I could totally live in a city condo here in Charlotte or elsewhere and walk everywhere but :tits: like the neighborhood vibe.

At least I can bike to shit from my abode pretty easily.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Now I want to take an NYC trip, haven’t been since 2019.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:53 pm Now I want to take an NYC trip, haven’t been since 2019.
NY is great. So was Long Island surprisingly great wineries
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Hey fuckers
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:21 pmHey fuckers
Did the hurricane bring you back to DFD
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Hey :mahtroy: ! I was wondering how you are doing. What's new?
troyguitar

Tar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:41 pm
Long story short, Max and [user not found] were right. I'm not a real man. Details are unclear at this point, but eventually I intend to live 100% as a woman here. Ideally soon but things like laser hair removal are very slow. It could be another 6+ months before I go public. This place seemed safe enough for an early announcement, though, so here we are...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:59 pm

Long story short, Max and [user not found] were right. I'm not a real man. Details are unclear at this point, but eventually I intend to live 100% as a woman here. Ideally soon but things like laser hair removal are very slow. It could be another 6+ months before I go public. This place seemed safe enough for an early announcement, though, so here we are...
Woah... big announcement! Glad you feel comfortable coming out with that here. Hope the new life treats you well and you’re happy! How did the wife take the news? Don’t have to share that obviously if you’re not ready to.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

What up my dude? How did y'all fare in the hurricane?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:mindblown:

:hai: :mahtroy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Well that's big news, good on you to be a woman if you wanna do so. There's never been a better time, heck if you were Canadian it would benefit you with earning gov loans!

Do you speak with your wife about it? What is her opinion on your decision and timing?
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:17 pm

Woah... big announcement! Glad you feel comfortable coming out with that here. Hope the new life treats you well and you’re happy! How did the wife take the news? Don’t have to share that obviously if you’re not ready to.
Of trans folks I'm apparently the luckiest motherfucker to ever live, because the wife has been super supportive and is now calling herself effectively bisexual. Apparently I was a lesbian all along.

One fun fact is that there is literally a lesbian bar a block from our house so we are at least in friendly territory.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:20 pm
No big deal here. We lost a massive oak limb in the storm but it luckily landed out front on top of nothing, so all I had to do was clean up a bunch of random debris. The city took a few weeks to pick stuff up but it was otherwise not a big deal. The most annoying thing was that our power was out for about 3 days which definitely sucked.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:33 pm

Of trans folks I'm apparently the luckiest motherfucker to ever live, because the wife has been super supportive and is now calling herself effectively bisexual. Apparently I was a lesbian all along.

One fun fact is that there is literally a lesbian bar a block from our house so we are at least in friendly territory.
Oh, you're serious!

I thought you were :trollface: at first. lol

Well, good on you both for discovering who you really are and best of luck in your new lives.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Troy, welcome back. The most important thing in life is being comfortable in your own skin. I am happy that you are finding out what comfortable means to you. Kudos to your wife for not only supporting you this whole time and into the future.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:ohdang: :mahtroy: is back?!

:excited:

Glad you’re finding yourself and the wife is cool. Do you have a new name?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:53 pm Now I want to take an NYC trip, haven’t been since 2019.
NY is great. So was Long Island surprisingly great wineries
I’ve never been past queens, I’d like to check it out one day.
SAWCE

:fuckyeah: glad to hear that! Really fucking cool of her. Happy for you. Also in for your new name like Dan asked so I don’t call you the wrong name going forward :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Interesting. Good on you. The wife buy in is EXTREMELY COOL. You are major lotto territory there.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm :ohdang: :mahtroy: is back?!

IDGAF about pronouns or names so much at this point, but I will be switching over to Valerie whenever I can get away with it IRL. So far I just look like a dude in a skirt, being "blessed" with a ton of dark facial hair makes this all a challenge. This weekend was my annual reprieve from social norms and it was great as usual.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm :ohdang: :mahtroy: is back?!

IDGAF about pronouns or names so much at this point, but I will be switching over to Valerie whenever I can get away with it IRL. So far I just look like a dude in a skirt, being "blessed" with a ton of dark facial hair makes this all a challenge. This weekend was my annual reprieve from social norms and it was great as usual.
Valerie it is. :whalecum: (back) to DFD!
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:07 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:52 pm

Valerie it is. :whalecum: (back) to DFD!
:dat:
wap

:mahvalerie:

:notbad:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

new username who dis
troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:20 pm

No big deal here. We lost a massive oak limb in the storm but it luckily landed out front on top of nothing, so all I had to do was clean up a bunch of random debris. The city took a few weeks to pick stuff up but it was otherwise not a big deal. The most annoying thing was that our power was out for about 3 days which definitely sucked.
glad yall were ok, hurricunts sucks and I will never miss them. When one hit In BR I was without electricity for 13 days.

well shit, talk about hitting the lottery there. Will be interesting journey for sure, good luck. Going to be a hellva ride for you two so I truly hope it all works out and you find some peace in the end. (which at least from your online posting always seemed to elude you)

So I have questions, and feel free to not answer anything you dont want. How long does this typically take? are you going full steam ahead or pacing yourself? Are you going to any surgeries? Are you taking hormones and stuff too?

Somewhat related: did you ever get a job in FL and does your employer know, or have you told them, do you think they will care?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So we can now rewind back to like 2012 when Haley, Abbey, Dubessa, etc. joined the forum. We now have Valerie, a token female on a car forum.

I'm glad y'all made the move to St. Pete, I imagine life transitioning to a woman in small town NY or similar would be a lot harder.