Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:10 pm I need to order new tires for the gravel bike. Something with a bit more grip than the terreno but maybe a bit less than the WTB Resolute. Anyone have recs on a mid knobby gravel tire? Bontrager GR2 and Maxxis Rambler we’re recommended to me.
I really love my GravelKings, even in 32mm they have more grip than expected and roll nicely.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I could try to see what was on the bike I rented in Utah. Some 45s, slayed in sand but pretty slow on flat pavement.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Anyone have seat time in the CAAD 13?
Johnny_P

Anyone riding lately?

Took the bike out to the MTB trails and had some fun today. Really pretty with all the leaves but certainly less traction than normal. Still need new tires and a new bottom bracket. I might take it to a shop this week for the latter.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

Between injuries and all sorts of other crap, I didn't ride from July until October, so I'm starting over from total scratch again because the human body has no memory.

Fitness sucks. Losing all progress from a short break is incredibly demoralizing. I'm as weak as I was 3 years ago, when I had taken 7 years off of all exercise whatsoever, after a mere 3 months off.

But I want to have a flat stomach again before I die, so I'm back at it. Need to drop 5 more inches. Did 2 hours today at a whopping 130 watts or 900 calories burned.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:17 pm Anyone riding lately?

Took the bike out to the MTB trails and had some fun today. Really pretty with all the leaves but certainly less traction than normal. Still need new tires and a new bottom bracket. I might take it to a shop this week for the latter.
Had to check Strava because I couldn't remember the last time I was on the bike, but it was August 3rd. Haven't been on the Peloton since then, either.

I have a elite ability to waste money on something with good intentions only to never use it - the Emonda and the GR86 being perfect examples. :wasteful:

I've been choosing to get the :doge: out for walks/jogs any time I have the opportunity, and that's taken priority over getting on the bike. Gotta say, I enjoy it a heck of a lot more.

:ohwell:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:17 pm Anyone riding lately?

Had to check Strava because I couldn't remember the last time I was on the bike, but it was August 3rd. Haven't been on the Peloton since then, either.

I have a elite ability to waste money on something with good intentions only to never use it - the Emonda and the GR86 being perfect examples. :wasteful:

I've been choosing to get the :doge: out for walks/jogs any time I have the opportunity, and that's taken priority over getting on the bike. Gotta say, I enjoy it a heck of a lot more.

:ohwell:
Haha. Yeah man priorities change. I haven’t been getting out on the bike nearly as much as I planned to. I’d rather hang out with little dude.

Well with the bike at least, you have a pretty killer ride if you ever get back into it. Could just hang onto it for a bit and see if you pick it back up or not.
Johnny_P

Valkyrie wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:34 pm Between injuries and all sorts of other crap, I didn't ride from July until October, so I'm starting over from total scratch again because the human body has no memory.

Fitness sucks. Losing all progress from a short break is incredibly demoralizing. I'm as weak as I was 3 years ago, when I had taken 7 years off of all exercise whatsoever, after a mere 3 months off.

But I want to have a flat stomach again before I die, so I'm back at it. Need to drop 5 more inches. Did 2 hours today at a whopping 130 watts or 900 calories burned.
Gotta start somewhere.
You end up finding good places to ride in FL?
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Nah I ride in the garage since memorial day. Tired of putting my life on the line just to exercise. It's way more efficient too since I don't have to stop every 2 blocks.

The big challenge was that the garage would be 100+ degrees in the summer and I needed like 3 water bottles per hour, now it's only 90 and I can get nearly 40 minutes from a bottle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm not really riding as much as I'd like lately. I've been getting out a couple of times a week. Normally I love some fall MTB but just haven't had time, primarily due to family stuff and taking care of my dad a lot. It feels like every weekend is pretty filled up with that. Like Sunday I had to go over to my parent's house and move a bunch of furniture so they can install a hospital bed for him, Saturday I had to change a tire for them and manage some car shit, all on top of babysitting him a few times/week.

I've been able to fit in some road rides at least and I did a weekend camping trip at Tsali in September and got in some epic MTB stuff out there, I don't think I ever put up photos from that.

The doctor also suggested staying away from really long efforts with taxing recovery as we're trying to have a kid, so taking a break from super tough riding for now.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:dat: looks like a great time, Griff.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It was, hoping to make it an annual trip with my buddy, it’s 5/7 riding and the camp ground was great as well.
Johnny_P

Nice pics Griff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:44 pm Nice pics Griff!
Thanks man! I want to do more, haven't been able to MTB this fall due to time, :excited: to hit the trails, maybe Saturday morning.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

It was cold as shit here this morning and I had no desire to jog outside, so I decided to hop on the Pelotube. Zak would be so :disappoint:. All of my cycling fitness is completely gone. What I find interesting is that it isn't my cardio/heart rate that's limiting me here, it's that my lactate threshold in my legs has gone completely to shit. Anything above like 160W and the legs start burning pretty quickly, but my heart rate is barely creeping to 140bpm / bottom of zone 3 at that point.

The walk/jogs with the :doge: have been super casual, but maybe it's kept my cardio base in decent shape, meanwhile my legs have completely fallen apart as far as cycling goes. :ohwell:
Last edited by coogles on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Your numbers look like mine again. It is depressing how quickly fitness goes back to zero.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Valkyrie wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:22 pm Your numbers look like mine again. It is depressing how quickly fitness goes back to zero.
I knew it would be bad. I didn't think it would be that bad. Ugh.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

coogles wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:24 pm
Valkyrie wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:22 pm Your numbers look like mine again. It is depressing how quickly fitness goes back to zero.
I knew it would be bad. I didn't think it would be that bad. Ugh.
:word:

I had the exact same thoughts. Surely training won't disappear entirely? :wrong:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Better. That's 15ish watts lower than what I was doing on these 30min PZE rides last winter. My gooch is not used to being on a bike yet. :lol:Image
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Wattage higher than heart rate is a big jump up. It's been a long time since I could do that.
Johnny_P

Looks like the bike bubble burst. Lots of stuff available online with steep discounts. Unfortunately a big discount on a $8k bike makes it still too expensive lol.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:42 am Looks like the bike bubble burst. Lots of stuff available online with steep discounts. Unfortunately a big discount on a $8k bike makes it still too expensive lol.
The Mojo 4 is 35% off...the wants are bad. N+1 even has them with free upgrades to the Pike Ultimate fork and Ibis carbon 35 rims. A Deore build is like $3,300 shipped. :tits: said no. :eeyore:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:42 am Looks like the bike bubble burst. Lots of stuff available online with steep discounts. Unfortunately a big discount on a $8k bike makes it still too expensive lol.
I would certainly endorse my Ribble if you want something a little bit lower than the stratosphere in price. Anything from the UK has been quite a :dill: recently due to exchange rates.

I'm hoping to bike more in 2023 than 2022, it was sort of a :poop: year for cycling, down from over 5500 miles ridden in 2021 to 3400 last year. I just had a lot going on with the attempts to have :baby: , shit with my dad, traveling more for work, etc. :ohwell:

Started off the year sick but just went out on my first ride of 2023 and averaged 19.1 MPH which was :notbad: considering I've not ridden much in the past couple of months. I'm :excited: to get more trail riding in as well.
Johnny_P

19.1 average is full horse. I’m way slower than that.