OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

wap wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:40 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:30 am Doc just called to go over my surgery results and they came back negative for cancer! Lymph node was clean and they were able to cut the cancer out while in there as well!
Fuckin'-A!
:like: :like: :like:
:like: :fuckyeah: :like:
Great news, dude. Now you can relax and concentrate on healing.
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:55 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:30 am Doc just called to go over my surgery results and they came back negative for cancer! Lymph node was clean and they were able to cut the cancer out while in there as well!
:fuckyeah: stoked for you dude!
Thanks guys! This is, honestly, the best news I've gotten in months and I'm so fucking happy to get negative results back right now.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:22 am
wap wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:40 am

Fuckin'-A!
:like: :fuckyeah: :like:
Great news, dude. Now you can relax and concentrate on healing.
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:55 am

:fuckyeah: stoked for you dude!
Thanks guys! This is, honestly, the best news I've gotten in months and I'm so fucking happy to get negative results back right now.
I get it. I had to sweat some biopsy results early in the year. The week between the test and the results was tough. The feeling of total :fuckyeah: relief is hard to describe. Glad for you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

That is great news!!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

good news man :like:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Thank heavens, I'm happy for you dude! Go celebrate!!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:55 am

I get it. I had to sweat some biopsy results early in the year. The week between the test and the results was tough. The feeling of total :fuckyeah: relief is hard to describe. Glad for you.
Dang, so many of us here worrying about the big C, glad yours went well too!

I'm at the x-ray, hoping for good news stage. I was up almost all of last night AGAIN, I couldn't stop replaying the end scenarios in my head. Hope I can have this behind me soon with a spot or two of good news.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That's just about the best news anyone can get. :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:nice: Great to hear it man!
wap

Tar wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:05 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:55 am

Dang, so many of us here worrying about the big C, glad yours went well too!

I'm at the x-ray, hoping for good news stage. I was up almost all of last night AGAIN, I couldn't stop replaying the end scenarios in my head. Hope I can have this behind me soon with a spot or two of good news.
Good luck, :mahman: and keep us posted.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Dude thats awesome!! :fuckyeah: id bet that was releaving.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So im taking night audit gigs at my hotel once or twice a week since one of the guys quit.

So that means I can dfd, but most of y'all wouldn't be on here. :sad: it's hella easier than I was expecting and get paid a little more for it. Basically front desk when needed, 30 mins amount of work and rest is just chill and netflix. Bringing my ipad here next time
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Anyone on here watch UFC?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

@Rudy / @gang, anyone have a :dill: on car rental in/near Orlando Intl Airport? We are taking the kids to Disney I'm Sept. I plan to Uber/taxi from the resort to pick it up, and then we're driving to St. Pete Beach/various other places, then drop it off on the day of our flight (4 day rental type thing).
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:52 am @Rudy / @gang, anyone have a :dill: on car rental in/near Orlando Intl Airport? We are taking the kids to Disney I'm Sept. I plan to Uber/taxi from the resort to pick it up, and then we're driving to St. Pete Beach/various other places, then drop it off on the day of our flight (4 day rental type thing).
Cale might be your man for this.

When in September? I’ll be out there from the 10-14th, but way over on the Gulf side in Destin.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:47 am
Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:52 am @Rudy / @gang, anyone have a :dill: on car rental in/near Orlando Intl Airport? We are taking the kids to Disney I'm Sept. I plan to Uber/taxi from the resort to pick it up, and then we're driving to St. Pete Beach/various other places, then drop it off on the day of our flight (4 day rental type thing).

When in September? I’ll be out there from the 10-14th, but way over on the Gulf side in Destin.
Oh cool, yeah I'm definitely looking forward to hearing from Cale, any feedback is appreciated!

Disney park, staying on the resort from September 9 to the 14th, then I plan to uber it to Orlando International or wherever is easily accessible to the airport at the end of our trip, grab a rental car (Camry or whatever large but cheap vehicle), and on to St. Pete for 3 nights, plus another 3 nights in Ormond where we'll meet my parents. Destin looks amazing, especially the beaches and sand bars for the boaters.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Mario!! Im there on 22-25th! And i'll be 500 abarth pimpin when im there.

I rented mine off of turo, some do have options to have it picked up at the airport parking lot, for some it may cost extra. All kinds of cars there, from your :stig: spec'd cars to minivans/trucks with reduced prices compared to avis and the like
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:47 am

Oh cool, yeah I'm definitely looking forward to hearing from Cale, any feedback is appreciated!

Disney park, staying on the resort from September 9 to the 14th, then I plan to uber it to Orlando International or wherever is easily accessible to the airport at the end of our trip, grab a rental car (Camry or whatever large but cheap vehicle), and on to St. Pete for 3 nights, plus another 3 nights in Ormond where we'll meet my parents. Destin looks amazing, especially the beaches and sand bars for the boaters.
Bummer we’ll be so far apart. Would be cool to :meat: and :dock:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I got some great news from the chest scan, the techs want me to go in for another angle/shot to confirm a piece on my right lung which looks like a small nodule or vein. Nothing on the left side which is where I've been having serial heart discomfort.. So thankfully there's one less concern. I'm going to go back for a second x ray, it's walk in so maybe later today if the family can hack it. The thought of lung cancer was tripping me out this week. Phew, I feel like I dodged one serious bullet.

Next step is continued heart testing, might have the dye test done to see what kind of blood flow I'm dealing with, and I'll be curious to see what other things the heart doctor recommends... Might be an MRI. After that, if they haven't found anything I'm just going to :dealwithit: by tweaking every part of my diet and lifestyle. I've already cut out a bunch of shit and will continue to do more. Red meat, smoking weed, alcohol, most breads and shit have been sidelined and I'll probably keep it that way with exception to the occasional treat, say once weekly or whatever. I'm going to weigh myself but I'm probably down 10 pounds between the stress and diet change over the last two weeks.

Anyways, thanks for listening y'all. I haven't really shared my thoughts anywhere else because I don't want to stress my wife, kids, or parents out.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:27 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 am

Bummer we’ll be so far apart. Would be cool to :meat: and :dock:
Yeah if we were in the same region I'd set us up to hang out for a few hours. I'd love that, and hoping DFD :dock: opportunities come up some day!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:06 pm I put in for boss man’s job. Had the interview today. Apparently nailed it and I’m moving on to the next round, where I get assessed by a 3rd party company who evaluates people for manager positions.

More to come? I don’t even know if I actually want this job or not. But figured I’ll be doing everything anyway if they find someone else to be the manager, I just won’t get paid for it. So why not get paid for it.
Spot on analysis.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:42 pm I got some great news from the chest scan, the techs want me to go in for another angle/shot to confirm a piece on my right lung which looks like a small nodule or vein. Nothing on the left side which is where I've been having serial heart discomfort.. So thankfully there's one less concern. I'm going to go back for a second x ray, it's walk in so maybe later today if the family can hack it. The thought of lung cancer was tripping me out this week. Phew, I feel like I dodged one serious bullet.

Next step is continued heart testing, might have the dye test done to see what kind of blood flow I'm dealing with, and I'll be curious to see what other things the heart doctor recommends... Might be an MRI. After that, if they haven't found anything I'm just going to :dealwithit: by tweaking every part of my diet and lifestyle. I've already cut out a bunch of shit and will continue to do more. Red meat, smoking weed, alcohol, most breads and shit have been sidelined and I'll probably keep it that way with exception to the occasional treat, say once weekly or whatever. I'm going to weigh myself but I'm probably down 10 pounds between the stress and diet change over the last two weeks.

Anyways, thanks for listening y'all. I haven't really shared my thoughts anywhere else because I don't want to stress my wife, kids, or parents out.
Good news is good on the right lung. Hopefully that nodule or whatever on the left one is NBD. Oftentimes small nodules are nothing to worry about, but you're smart to get it checked out.

You have any questions about heart tests, I've probably had them all, lol. MRI, CT scan, stress test, angiogram, tons of blood tests, multiple echocardiograms, etc. The "dye test" you're referring to is likely an angiogram. I've had 2 of them, first one 45 years ago and the second one a few weeks before my surgery. The improvement in the procedure over that time was :mindblown: . Then it required a 2 night stay in the hospital. Now, I was home in a few hours. Cardiac MRI's are nuthin', as long as you don't mind being in a metal tube for 45 minutes with loud banging noises. Sucks if you're claustrophobic. Echocardiograms are even easier. Half hour lying on a table while the tech gives you an ultrasound on your chest while you watch your heart beating on a screen next to you.

As far as dietary changes, increase your olive oil consumption. It's excellent for heart/artery health. And don't cheap out. Buy the good Greek stuff. It's legit the best in the world.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:26 am

I rented mine off of turo, some do have options to have it picked up at the airport parking lot, for some it may cost extra. All kinds of cars there, from your :stig: spec'd cars to minivans/trucks with reduced prices compared to avis and the like
Good suggestion TEO, thanks bruh.

Hey, is Turo reliable? Are the cars held to a high standard. proper maintenance/cleanliness/etc? You using an app to book through?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:16 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:26 am

Hey, is Turo reliable? Are the cars held to a high standard. proper maintenance/cleanliness/etc? You using an app to book through?
Mixed bag. I have had a misrepresented car and returned it early … that was a major headache and caused me major :rage: while in Hawaii. I believe I documented it here.

We’re going to la this Labor Day. And I didn’t feel like ruining my own cars with it. So I just booked an x3 for $67 a day with unlimited miles from sixt.

Surprisingly affordable. Turo wanted $85+ their bs fees and 150 mile a day caps …
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:40 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:42 pm I got some great news from the chest scan, the techs want me to go in for another angle/shot to confirm a piece on my right lung which looks like a small nodule or vein. Nothing on the left side which is where I've been having serial heart discomfort.. So thankfully there's one less concern. I'm going to go back for a second x ray, it's walk in so maybe later today if the family can hack it. The thought of lung cancer was tripping me out this week. Phew, I feel like I dodged one serious bullet.

Good news is good on the right lung. Hopefully that nodule or whatever on the left one is NBD. Oftentimes small nodules are nothing to worry about, but you're smart to get it checked out.

You have any questions about heart tests, I've probably had them all, lol. MRI, CT scan, stress test, angiogram, tons of blood tests, multiple echocardiograms, etc. The "dye test" you're referring to is likely an angiogram. I've had 2 of them, first one 45 years ago and the second one a few weeks before my surgery. The improvement in the procedure over that time was :mindblown: . Then it required a 2 night stay in the hospital. Now, I was home in a few hours. Cardiac MRI's are nuthin', as long as you don't mind being in a metal tube for 45 minutes with loud banging noises. Sucks if you're claustrophobic. Echocardiograms are even easier. Half hour lying on a table while the tech gives you an ultrasound on your chest while you watch your heart beating on a screen next to you.

As far as dietary changes, increase your olive oil consumption. It's excellent for heart/artery health. And don't cheap out. Buy the good Greek stuff. It's legit the best in the world.
Right side, they took another shot with me leaning back to get kind of under the ribs. We'll see, I hope it was just visual impairment from the collar bones, etc. Either way, I'd be down with them cutting it out if there's any chance that it is, or can turn into the big C.

I think I'm going to ask for an angiogram to see what level of cloggage I'm at after 43 yrs. But seriously, this whole thing brings me pause and diet changes are already happening. Grabbed some olive oil as you suggested, they didn't have Greek at this place but they did have a pretty good looking Italian one to start. I'm dropping everything processed and not plant based, except fish and chicken which I'm only going to touch once/week at most. Something is not right and it's my wake up call.

I started reading a new book today as well, it's really enjoyable and has a great deal of research put into it.
Check it out:
https://bookoutlet.ca/products/97812500 ... DcQAvD_BwE
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:18 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:16 pm

Mixed bag. I have had a misrepresented car and returned it early … that was a major headache and caused me major :rage: while in Hawaii. I believe I documented it here.

We’re going to la this Labor Day. And I didn’t feel like ruining my own cars with it. So I just booked an x3 for $67 a day with unlimited miles from sixt.

Surprisingly affordable. Turo wanted $85+ their bs fees and 150 mile a day caps …
I caught that turo experience you posted, in all honesty we're probably going to be spending like 8-10k on this FL/Disney experience and a rental might end up being like 500 bucks, maybe not significant enough to nickel and dime it.

Not sure if the airport rental thing is best, or whether I should grab an Uber and get the car outside of the airport. Any recos on rental company or dills out there?