OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/ ... N#cxrecs_s

More architectural news from Chris' elitist location.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

I think the fresh meat avatar should be a ribeye. you know, a real steak.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Ignore the horizontal line in my back from my chair, but here’s the scar ~6 years later.

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:peach:
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:49 pm https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/ ... N#cxrecs_s

The 3000 laid off white collar workers from Ford are knocking on the doors right now.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:55 pm:peach:
I don’t have any panties on under those shorts :flirt:

WFH lyfe :fuckyeah:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:27 pm My turn.
This was 1 week after my surgery, right after removing the bandage. It was super clean and neat by then.

The 2 bullet holes were where the drain tubes were.
Should have left those nipple tassels installed for Mrs. WAP to play with
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:02 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:27 pm My turn.
This was 1 week after my surgery, right after removing the bandage. It was super clean and neat by then.

The 2 bullet holes were where the drain tubes were.
Who said they're gone? :hubba:
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:02 pm

Who said they're gone? :hubba:
:lolol:
:mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:58 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:09 pm

Hmmm, Friday night got :drunk: with some friends from work. Saturday rode my bike to go get my car I left at the coworker's house, then went on an MTB ride, helped a buddy move a fridge, did some yard work. Sunday I pretty much did house shit most of the day, had to fix some doors and replace some locks among other small things. I also bled the brakes in the BMW, put two full bottles through and they're spongy as hell and super shit. I guess I need to bleed out the DSC module or whatever the fuck, what a pain. Also I'm going to have to bail on TNIA this week because of that.

Now I'm in Atlanta for work and have a new coworker tagging along to come to my customer meetings as sort of training. New guy is OK, he's into cars (owns a Rivian and an NB Miata) and a nice guy but somehow it feels like we're not quite hitting it off. :iono: I want to go home.

I'm still quite :disgust: with work.
Dang, bleeding through ABS is a bitch. If its never seen air it shouldn't do that tho. Have you tried making the abs engauge and trying again to bleed? Personally unless its a simple fluid change I never get all the air on the first try. Its basically unheard of unless you do reverse fill with all the special tools like techs/factory have.
wap wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:48 pm

One :rage: moment. While unloading the 96 blocks, I found one that was broken in half :ayfkm: . :notsure: if it was already broken when I grabbed it in the store, or if it broke while driving home. :ohwell: , it was only $.78, but I need to waste time running back to Menards for <$1 purchase. :rolleyes:
Older than time itself and have not learned that when you need multiple of a thing that cost less than 5 bucks, buy extra.
I have bled this bitch like four times... I replaced the lines with some SS ones I was given and I think that got air into the system somehow, pain in my ass and regret doing those, not worth the hassle. :ohwell:

I will just take it to a shop at this point. It sucks that I'm on this biz trip with my car all week and the brakes are pretty damn sketchy though.

Track Night gave me a credit for a free event good for a year since I had to cancel tomorrow, which was pretty cool of them.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:49 pm https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/ ... N#cxrecs_s

The 3000 laid off white collar workers from Ford are knocking on the doors right now.
Don't get me started. Brekenridge, CO was cheaper than fucking Traverse City in most noticable ways. In fact, TC seems to be the most expensive place we've visited in years (and we live there) excluding Manhattan, which isn't really THAT much more. Laying off auto workers (3k from Ferd is just the beginning), shit public service, relatively high taxes, none of Michigan makes any sense anymore.

This house is an hour north of TC so even more remote :fullretard: I don't get it at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Welp, getting more chest testing done, today was x- rays, pulmonary next, then back to the heart. Not sure what I'm more afraid of, heart problem or lung problem. Either way I'm going to try my best to stick around longer so figuring out what's happening in there is top priority.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tar wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:45 am Welp, getting more chest testing done, today was x- rays, pulmonary next, then back to the heart. Not sure what I'm more afraid of, heart problem or lung problem. Either way I'm going to try my best to stick around longer so figuring out what's happening in there is top priority.
Good luck, dude. It can be scary, for sure, but It's good that you're not ignoring whatever issue you're feeling. Gotta be around for your grandchildren!

Keep us posted.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:49 am
Tar wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:45 am Welp, getting more chest testing done, today was x- rays, pulmonary next, then back to the heart. Not sure what I'm more afraid of, heart problem or lung problem. Either way I'm going to try my best to stick around longer so figuring out what's happening in there is top priority.
Good luck, dude. It can be scary, for sure, but It's good that you're not ignoring whatever issue you're feeling. Gotta be around for your grandchildren!

Keep us posted.
Thanks, I hope so. Right now I'm :notsure: . I'm terrified and pretty sad, trying not to think about it and stay optimistic.
SAWCE

Dang. Best wishes Mario. Hope they can figure out what’s going on and that it’s nothing major.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:12 am Got a new grill this weekend. Why is it so freaking hard to get a Natural Gas grill. @ hour adventure saturday to all the home stores that sell the 'conversion' kits but no jets for NG! Then the one I got came with both but was very cryptic about if it came with jets in the box (it did). Was pretty frustrated by whole deal esp because i ended up with another propane bottle.
Anyway, done now. Walmart has a good sale right now got me a cuisinart stainless boi for 400. Cooked up some steaks on NG and they were delish.

Also got my 3rd tap hooked up on the fridge and got another cider in the fermenter.

any what did you losers do this weekend?
Hmmm, Friday night got :drunk: with some friends from work. Saturday rode my bike to go get my car I left at the coworker's house, then went on an MTB ride, helped a buddy move a fridge, did some yard work. Sunday I pretty much did house shit most of the day, had to fix some doors and replace some locks among other small things. I also bled the brakes in the BMW, put two full bottles through and they're spongy as hell and super shit. I guess I need to bleed out the DSC module or whatever the fuck, what a pain. Also I'm going to have to bail on TNIA this week because of that.

Now I'm in Atlanta for work and have a new coworker tagging along to come to my customer meetings as sort of training. New guy is OK, he's into cars (owns a Rivian and an NB Miata) and a nice guy but somehow it feels like we're not quite hitting it off. :iono: I want to go home.

Yea I got shit on here for taking my car to a shop to get the brake bleeding done... but this is exactly why. I have had things that went "wrong" even though everything was done "right". The shops just have better equipment if they are worth a damn.

That's one job that's quite annoying to do and doesn't cost much at a "shop". $200 is worth a couple hours of frustrations.
max225

Best of luck ! Rooting for you my dude.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm Dang. Best wishes Mario. Hope they can figure out what’s going on and that it’s nothing major.
Thanks, me too. Better to know then not know but a part of me really doesn't want to hear really bad news. I need a break from this life, it's too much.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:09 pm

Yea I got shit on here for taking my car to a shop to get the brake bleeding done... but this is exactly why. I have had things that went "wrong" even though everything was done "right". The shops just have better equipment if they are worth a damn.

That's one job that's quite annoying to do and doesn't cost much at a "shop". $200 is worth a couple hours of frustrations.
How's the brake fluid looking?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:10 pm
Best of luck ! Rooting for you my dude.
Thanks buddy
max225

Tar wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:12 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:09 pm

It's looking "ok" it looks a bit darker than I want still... but it does look "changed" now.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:19 pm
Tar wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:12 pm

It's looking "ok" it looks a bit darker than I want still... but it does look "changed" now.
Awesome, hopefully you got what you paid for and they replaced the fluid correctly. It's tough to find good help and why I like dealing with my local dealership (Toyota doe, I wouldn't want to absorb MB service charges).
SAWCE

Dining table/chairs/bench showed up! Took about an hour from when the truck pulled up to get everything upstairs, unpacked, and the little bit of assembly needed (screwing legs into table, legs and cross beam into bench). Looks even better in person than I expected.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'm so bored at work random parts of my body are in pain. So bored it hurts is fucking real I guess.
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:21 pm I'm so bored at work random parts of my body are in pain. So bored it hurts is fucking real I guess.
Have you tried welding little dicks into/onto things?