OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:44 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:23 pm

Oh I'd add a cold air intake right away. Doddering old men without canes better look the fuck out.
If you are considering this for anything other than cars and coffee retrolicious points, every single subsequent generation is vastly superior in powertrain.
Looking for something to hold it's value until the chip shortage sorts itself.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Hold it's value and won't drop like a rock once the shortage ends, I should say.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 pm Thoughts? Buying this a bad idea?

https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/ ... runner-sr5
$19k for a 30yo Toyota with almost 200k miles? :mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Toby! Welcome back dude.
SAWCE

Did my fertility test this morning. Results already back. My swimmers are swimming swimmingly. Very surprised to see all my values above average even with all the gear I’m on. I’ll still come off it it and run fertility meds as prescribed by the clinic to help us conceive faster, and use that time to get more healthy.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:49 pm Toby! Welcome back dude.
:dat:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:51 pm Did my fertility test this morning. Results already back. My swimmers are swimming swimmingly. Very surprised to see all my values above average even with all the gear I’m on. I’ll still come off it it and run fertility meds as prescribed by the clinic to help us conceive faster, and use that time to get more healthy.
:fuckyeah:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:32 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 pm Thoughts? Buying this a bad idea?

https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/ ... runner-sr5
I could buy a 5 year old Nissan with 120k miles for $19k but it will be worth $37.00 dollars in 2 years.

At least the collector cars will hold their value and I only drive about 5 miles a day.

At least that's my thought process.

And maybe one of these to go with it.
https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/e ... -2022.html
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:59 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:26 pm

MANY MANY BAD ideas... First of 19k
Second off it is the first gen V6, that 3.0 is a pile of heaping SHIT by toyota standards and it keeps popping head gaskets etc etc etc

I would look for a 3rd gen, many in my area that are MINT are around 8-12k
The 3.4 is a far superior engine with epic toyota reliability and significantly more power
It would also be a solid 7-10 years newer than this overpriced pile
Exactly what I came here for. Thanks
Also, maybe I'm a foregone conclusion, but you lost meat this:

Buddy of mine in high school had a five speed gen two 4R like that in really good shape, it was a dope vehicle at the time and was also like $2500.

I think it's cool, but hardly $19K cool. Gen 3 :manuel: would be my 4R of choice, or a new Bro.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:51 pm Did my fertility test this morning. Results already back. My swimmers are swimming swimmingly. Very surprised to see all my values above average even with all the gear I’m on. I’ll still come off it it and run fertility meds as prescribed by the clinic to help us conceive faster, and use that time to get more healthy.
Congrats! :jelly:

I need to line up another test. Has Michelle undergone any testing yet? Sounds like it could be something there or you just need to :dock: more :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:19 pm
wap wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:32 pm

I could buy a 5 year old Nissan with 120k miles for $19k but it will be worth $37.00 dollars in 2 years.

At least the collector cars will hold their value and I only drive about 5 miles a day.

If you dive into the depths of recent DFD, you will find that the only vehicle suitable to ride out this storm is an old ass Mercedes Benz E class.

You want a 2014 BMW 328i M Sport pack Estoril Bloo :manuel: with a few dope mods? 48K miles. $19K and she's yours.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:49 pm Toby! Welcome back dude.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

For five miles, might I recommend a bicycle?!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:25 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:19 pm

If you dive into the depths of recent DFD, you will find that the only vehicle suitable to ride out this storm is an old ass Mercedes Benz E class.

You want a 2014 BMW 328i M Sport pack Estoril Bloo :manuel: with a few dope mods? 48K miles. $19K and she's yours.
1990 one owner w/61k miles.

https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/ ... -benz-300e
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Congrats dude, sounds like you just need to up the pineapple in your diet and :jizz: according to a 'well conceived' plan. I'm a fan of less meds is more. :iono:

Either way, you're in good shape for :cf: , buckle up its a whirlwind!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:30 pm

Dang :jimp:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:30 pm

Nice ride ! I voted with my wallet on this type of thing but about at 1/2 of that age and money and a few more miles
SAWCE

Thanks guys! She’s had some tests done and all looks good for her too, so just a matter of timing now. She’s still stressing because “most couples get pregnant within 3 months :sass: “, and we’re going on month four. I’m not worried about it at all, and trying to get that to rub off on her, but just like the .gov, :tits: gonna :tits:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:32 pm Thanks guys! She’s had some tests done and all looks good for her too, so just a matter of timing now. She’s still stressing because “most couples get pregnant within 3 months :sass: “, and we’re going on month four. I’m not worried about it at all, and trying to get that to rub off on her, but just like the .gov, :tits: gonna :tits:
:dat: is gonna be counter-productive to you slipping one past the goalie if it keeps up.

Best of luck, :doe: !
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:32 pm Thanks guys! She’s had some tests done and all looks good for her too, so just a matter of timing now. She’s still stressing because “most couples get pregnant within 3 months :sass: “, and we’re going on month four. I’m not worried about it at all, and trying to get that to rub off on her, but just like the .gov, :tits: gonna :tits:
Yea no such thing... my buddy here decided to fuck 2 chicks... 1 was his fiancé who is no longer fiancé and after month 9 she claims to be pregnant... and the new poon is taking tests now after month 1... God works in mysterious ways. He could be stuck with 2 child support payments.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:43 pm
:dat: is gonna be counter-productive to you slipping one past the goalie if it keeps up.

Best of luck, :doe: !
Yeah I’ve tried explaining that stressing about it happening is a sure fire way to make it not happen, but “I cAN’t NoT StREsS AbOUt It! ZOMG”

I’ll just try to be the positive voice of reason and she can do her thing and I’ll just smile and nod.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:06 pm
Yea no such thing... my buddy here decided to fuck 2 chicks... 1 was his fiancé who is no longer fiancé and after month 9 she claims to be pregnant... and the new poon is taking tests now after month 1... God works in mysterious ways. He could be stuck with 2 child support payments.
Ooof. Reminds me of an old coworker from one of my first jobs.. had two sons that were three months apart. Whoops.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:06 pm
Nah. Your friend just elected to skip the Trojanz.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:27 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:25 pm Other option is to anticipate the market and get this one.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
These are quite solid. 4th gens get a bit of hate but IMO they are great suvs. If you can find one with the V8 it will likely be a future classic IMO.
Gonna go look at this tomorrow
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Nice. I remember those days. It'll happen soon enough.