OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:10 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:52 pm
I don't know why... but I am :triggered: every time I read this... the level of red tape and over reach is second to nothing I have ever heard.

I would literally do shit with no fucks given. What are the repercussions?! Take em to REAL court after to see if there is legality behind any of this. It would be a savings of time at this point. My hood had some sort of thing like this also... some of the residents took the "community" to court and won. Now no one can do shit about putting up fences etc.

I called the county the only LEGAL entity who can actually "enforce" this type of thing... Found out the specs... and put up a fence. Some of my old neighbors stopped by and bitched... and others took pics, and some wanted to see who did the work because they wanted to do the same.

And :aintcare: fuck these cucks. Insanity
:rage: rant over
Don't move into an HOA in CA then. You will not be pleased. Interesting to see our resident Soviet has a strong Randy Weaver streak.
How can an entire city be an HOA? Was paperwork signed to comply to this... I have a lot of questions here.
My neighborhood is technically an HOA, where you are not allowed to "dry your clothes outside", but like I said, that got taken to court and quickly disbanded.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:07 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:33 pm Fence variance story time.

So we had our first public meeting last night before the Planning Commission. :tits: and I presented our case. I talked about the scope of the project, dimensions. location, style of the fence, etc, and she discussed the reasons we want it; privacy, security, keeping trespassers away from our soon-to-be fire pit, which, in legal terms, we're calling an attractive nuisance. Dirk I'm sure knows the term. Several questions were asked, answers were given, and then they read aloud a letter from that old biddy neighbor lady who I mentioned yesterday in another thread who wrote to the Commission stating she was against allowing us to install the fence because "she'll see it from her front yard" and she'd only be in favor of it if we replace the whole length of chain link fence separating our BACK yards, which is NOT in the scope of this project. :yeahok: She also wrote that this chain link fence was in poor condition, falling down, and included pictures in her letter. :wtf: She was sitting in the audience when we got there but we didn't talk to her. We were just shaking our heads at that point. I immediately disputed the allegation that the fence was in poor repair and unstable. The damn thing is probably 50 years old, heavy gauge and super solid. It might need a paint job, but it definitely ain't falling down. Anyway, the village planner dude that had been helping me along in this process pointed out that the chain link fence is not part of the discussion and is irrelevant to their decision on the fence we want to put in. So the 7 voting members of the Commission then took a straw poll and voted 5-2 yes to recommend approval to the Village Board. A bit more discussion ensued before they took their formal vote and the final vote was 6-1 in favor. Next step is a meeting of the Committee of the Whole ( :wtf: ) next month, where the Village Board will hold its first discussion on the matter. They will then take a vote. If it's a unanimous yes, it will be automatically approved at yet another Village Board meeting later in the month. If it's not unanimous, it will get discussed yet again at that later meeting and it will be voted on again, for the last time. :ayfkm:

But get this. After our presentation wrapped up, the Committee opened the discussion to public comment (there are always some citizens to attend these things, mostly retirees, etc) but no one had anything to say so they moved on to the next matter on their agenda about someone who bought some lots for business development or something. Then there was some general public discussion about yet another matter. At this point, that old biddy got up to talk and circled back to our topic, like a half hour after we had moved on, and basically repeated the content of her letter, stating again that she was not in favor of our request to run chain link down our shared property line, to which the village planner dude pointed out that we were, in fact, NOT installing chain link, but new, open fencing, etc. The bitch had her moment to talk during our presentation and didn't, but she got up when the discussion moved on to something different. My dude told her that he'd call her tomorrow to explain what we're actually proposing, but when the meeting ended the sow went up to the dais to get her explanation.

Wife and I are livid. This is a woman who, for the past 24 years, I've shoveled her snow every winter just to be neighborly. And once, several years ago, out of the blue she drops by (and we HATE the unannounced drop-by. You want to come over, CALL first) to announce that our back yard fence (again with the fence thing) was actually 6 inches on her property line and wanted us to buy that narrow strip of land from her! Fortunately I had our Platt of Survey handy and showed her that she was full of shit as it showed that it was clearly on our side of the property line. :gtfo:
Well that should be enough of that.
Yep. I mean, I do feel bad for her in a way because she's raising an adult special-needs daughter which can't be easy, but why shit on someone who's trying to do something nice for her by shoveling her snow?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:13 pm

Don't move into an HOA in CA then. You will not be pleased. Interesting to see our resident Soviet has a strong Randy Weaver streak.
How can an entire city be an HOA? Was paperwork signed to comply to this... I have a lot of questions here.
My neighborhood is technically an HOA, where you are not allowed to "dry your clothes outside", but like I said, that got taken to court and quickly disbanded.
Not going to get into it in detail but when some "cities" (pretty loose term in Ron's case) are founded all lots are sold with covenants that run with the land, passed from one owner to the next. It is the same concept as a HOA, suburban homogenity. Nobody wants your Soviet ass parking four Chevelles in the drivewayand painting your house orange.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:14 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:07 pm

Well that should be enough of that.
Yep. I mean, I do feel bad for her in a way because she's raising an adult special-needs daughter which can't be easy, but why shit on someone who's trying to do something nice for her by shoveling her snow?

Absolutely wrong
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 am Update: Im positive

After all the :alpo: negatives
Nice, you'll be happy once it's over. At least you know where you stand with it health wise. Hope things go smoothly, wife and I are convinced that excessive 8-10 drops of emulsified D3 and double the vitamin C dosage make quick work of Covid for us and the kids. It was really no biggie for us at this age.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:20 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:14 pm

Absolutely wrong
Thank you.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Before I read about the daughter, I was going to say to bury that bitch in the snow next time you’re shoveling.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm Before I read about the daughter, I was going to say to bury that bitch in the snow next time you’re shoveling.
Now he can bury both, put them out of their misery
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Wow I have a fucked up sense of humor.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

:popcorn:
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:00 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm Before I read about the daughter, I was going to say to bury that bitch in the snow next time you’re shoveling.
Now he can bury both, put them out of their misery
WOW
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:05 pm More time to be spent on DFD since you should isolate and stay home and get all the food you want door dashed !

:fuckyeah:
Yup!! Finally. I took a much longer nap, and man that door dash is esspensive. Its a good thing those large pizzas can save me a couple lunch/dinner. I still haven't yet done grocery shopping so im tempted to hit the supermarket in early hours with the face diaper on, or perhaps insta cart, which is more ideal. This is house arrest, but thank goodness for xbox and my back is getting better, so I can clean the whole house to pass some time. Probably finish reading a few books that I still neglected to finish for months :yikes:
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:34 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 am Update: Im positive

After all the :alpo: negatives
Nice, you'll be happy once it's over. At least you know where you stand with it health wise. Hope things go smoothly, wife and I are convinced that excessive 8-10 drops of emulsified D3 and double the vitamin C dosage make quick work of Covid for us and the kids. It was really no biggie for us at this age.
I have got some vitamin D treatment in Erdoganland, aka natural tanning. I have a coupe b12 bills, have bunch of oranges and mandelines at home.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:37 pm
wap wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:33 pm Fence variance story time.

So we had our first public meeting last night before the Planning Commission. :tits: and I presented our case. I talked about the scope of the project, dimensions. location, style of the fence, etc, and she discussed the reasons we want it; privacy, security, keeping trespassers away from our soon-to-be fire pit, which, in legal terms, we're calling an attractive nuisance. Dirk I'm sure knows the term. Several questions were asked, answers were given, and then they read aloud a letter from that old biddy neighbor lady who I mentioned yesterday in another thread who wrote to the Commission stating she was against allowing us to install the fence because "she'll see it from her front yard" and she'd only be in favor of it if we replace the whole length of chain link fence separating our BACK yards, which is NOT in the scope of this project. :yeahok: She also wrote that this chain link fence was in poor condition, falling down, and included pictures in her letter. :wtf: She was sitting in the audience when we got there but we didn't talk to her. We were just shaking our heads at that point. I immediately disputed the allegation that the fence was in poor repair and unstable. The damn thing is probably 50 years old, heavy gauge and super solid. It might need a paint job, but it definitely ain't falling down. Anyway, the village planner dude that had been helping me along in this process pointed out that the chain link fence is not part of the discussion and is irrelevant to their decision on the fence we want to put in. So the 7 voting members of the Commission then took a straw poll and voted 5-2 yes to recommend approval to the Village Board. A bit more discussion ensued before they took their formal vote and the final vote was 6-1 in favor. Next step is a meeting of the Committee of the Whole ( :wtf: ) next month, where the Village Board will hold its first discussion on the matter. They will then take a vote. If it's a unanimous yes, it will be automatically approved at yet another Village Board meeting later in the month. If it's not unanimous, it will get discussed yet again at that later meeting and it will be voted on again, for the last time. :ayfkm:

But get this. After our presentation wrapped up, the Committee opened the discussion to public comment (there are always some citizens to attend these things, mostly retirees, etc) but no one had anything to say so they moved on to the next matter on their agenda about someone who bought some lots for business development or something. Then there was some general public discussion about yet another matter. At this point, that old biddy got up to talk and circled back to our topic, like a half hour after we had moved on, and basically repeated the content of her letter, stating again that she was not in favor of our request to run chain link down our shared property line, to which the village planner dude pointed out that we were, in fact, NOT installing chain link, but new, open fencing, etc. The bitch had her moment to talk during our presentation and didn't, but she got up when the discussion moved on to something different. My dude told her that he'd call her tomorrow to explain what we're actually proposing, but when the meeting ended the sow went up to the dais to get her explanation.

Wife and I are livid. This is a woman who, for the past 24 years, I've shoveled her snow every winter just to be neighborly. And once, several years ago, out of the blue she drops by (and we HATE the unannounced drop-by. You want to come over, CALL first) to announce that our back yard fence (again with the fence thing) was actually 6 inches on her property line and wanted us to buy that narrow strip of land from her! Fortunately I had our Platt of Survey handy and showed her that she was full of shit as it showed that it was clearly on our side of the property line. :gtfo:
Time to shovel your snow into her yard and call it a day
Dump that snow like a dump truck, dropping that load.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:47 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:46 pm So things have been kinda :eeyore: since both of us are back.

For one, :tits: ended up getting an slight fever and a terrible sore throat. Just for precautionary purposes, we decided to "look funny" and rock masks in plane and public transport. Until our second flight, her condition was pretty much fluctuating to better, slightly ill, better and repeat. We spent the night in Amstertam and had Indonesian food, which was 5/7. Also booked a canal cruise at 10:15 PM when the sky wasn't fully dark yet.

For me, on my last full day, I ended up sleeping on the living room couch on my parents apartment in the city. Which did not support my spine, though that has never happened to me. So my spine was hurting but not the breaking bone kind cause I didn't scream in pain. It was ongoing until this morning, gradually getting better by applying aleve and tigerbalm. I took it just now just in case.

Unlike going to Turkey from Amsterdam (which we waited almost 6 hours in line for passport check in and metal detectors btw due to staff shortage :rage: ), it was smooth and quick going from amsterdam to our gate back to DC. We woke up early only to chill at a japanese restaurant for nearly 2 hours. That being said, when we landed back on the way to baggage claim, we saw endless luggages in cages, which im assuming they're lost :mindblown:

Once we got on the plane, it feels like the same plane ive been on since I was probably 10-12, and began to show some wear. There was no airflow until takeoff which made :tits: caused some anxiety. Of course one thing she missed in the US the most throughout the whole trip is Central AC, which is pretty much non-existent in Turkey and some other Mediterranean countries, other than hotels and :waxer: houses.

:tits: and I stayed at my place the first night before heading to her apartment in DC.

When we got to her apartment, she and I took tests, both negative. She lent me a couple of self tests just in case. But yesterday morning, she was positive and I tested myself at work restroom, still became negative, but rocked my mask :doe: as much as I don't like wearing it. Having a fever, no smell, and so on. After work to cheer her up, I grabbed some pizza and tea from this tea place in DC. It was a large pie and took the other half home with me. I was double masked for a hot minute. Listened to a past gas donut media podcast in dc rush hour traffic talking about Jeremy Clarkson, heated it up via microwave and have 2 slices. I just got better other than sore throat and if this continues tomorrow, I will take a test first thing in the morning.

:tits: and i are going to FL at end of September, and booked my first Turo rental, Fiat 500 abarth convertible :manuel: , could not pass that up
Dude, where in FL? I have rented a manual 'vert 500 in Miami, it was kind of fun. Later down the line a friend of mine rented the same one, and by that point it was pretty shitboxed out, curious if it's the same car :lolol:

Bummer about the sickness. I am the same way, :tits: will get COVID, I will then feel sick after, but always test negative. To this point, according to the tests, I have never had the 'VID.
In Orlando, the host's name is Mark. Apperently he has other rentals like the m4 and the m340i which I also considered, but I miss :manuel:

When I was working for the trade show, one of the people working with me got covid, and I had dry throats and so on. I have the same symptoms now. Only difference is, I tested negative 3 times, this time first negative then positive.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also appreciate y'all for wishing recoveries, I'm :notbad: now as far as thats concerned, feels like a regular cold. Maybe I get tested tomorrow or the next day.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:59 pm Also appreciate y'all for wishing recoveries, I'm :notbad: now as far as thats concerned, feels like a regular cold. Maybe I get tested tomorrow or the next day.
What's the point? Wait 3-10 days for the symptoms to go away, once you're completely symptom free test. If you're fine then you get back to go to the normal world.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:50 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:59 pm Also appreciate y'all for wishing recoveries, I'm :notbad: now as far as thats concerned, feels like a regular cold. Maybe I get tested tomorrow or the next day.
What's the point? Wait 3-10 days for the symptoms to go away, once you're completely symptom free test. If you're fine then you get back to go to the normal world.
I just know for a fact that I tend to get antsy when im essentially prisoned into my own home for the well being, but thought about waiting until I dont feel like shit even in the slightest, then i can test.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm

I just know for a fact that I tend to get antsy when im essentially prisoned into my own home for the well being, but thought about waiting until I dont feel like shit even in the slightest, then i can test.
Bruh, you can still go out just stay away from people and crowded environments. Aka if you wanna go ride your bike go ride your bike. Just don’t go to work or crowded indoor/enclosed areas where you could come into contact with people.

CDC guidelines are so lax now you don’t even need to be that crazy.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Bruh, you can still go out just stay away from people and crowded environments. Aka if you wanna go ride your bike go ride your bike. Just don’t go to work or crowded indoor/enclosed areas where you could come into contact with people.

CDC guidelines are so lax now you don’t even need to be that crazy.
:notwrong: i could use some exercise when most people are out are work anyway
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:52 pm
I don't know why... but I am :triggered: every time I read this... the level of red tape and over reach is second to nothing I have ever heard.

I would literally do shit with no fucks given. What are the repercussions?! Take em to REAL court after to see if there is legality behind any of this. It would be a savings of time at this point. My hood had some sort of thing like this also... some of the residents took the "community" to court and won. Now no one can do shit about putting up fences etc.

I called the county the only LEGAL entity who can actually "enforce" this type of thing... Found out the specs... and put up a fence. Some of my old neighbors stopped by and bitched... and others took pics, and some wanted to see who did the work because they wanted to do the same.

And :aintcare: fuck these cucks. Insanity
:rage: rant over
I agree with him wholeheartedly, the BS American dream is owning property and if I own some property I can do with it whatever I damn please. I do understand some restrictions and rules for the greater good but we were talking about a fence here.

This entire story is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever heard.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

In some cases it seems like you can test positive for quite some time after the symptoms go away. It sounds selfish but at this point I would just avoid taking tests whenever possible. Throw on the face condom if you feel sick and roll with it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:56 pm

I agree with him wholeheartedly, the BS American dream is owning property and if I own some property I can do with it whatever I damn please. I do understand some restrictions and rules for the greater good but we were talking about a fence here.

Wow you guys really are cowboys.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

heh, go read my HOA experience again, and why when i moved i told my agent that if he showed me a house with an HOA (that I didn't suggest) he was fired. I also traded HOA for old house problems in old hood with no hoa. Overall its a tradeoff i'd make every time again.

Reminds me, I need to paint my 2nd front door red. :lol:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:39 am

heh, go read my HOA experience again, and why when i moved i told my agent that if he showed me a house with an HOA (that I didn't suggest) he was fired. I also traded HOA for old house problems in old hood with no hoa. Overall its a tradeoff i'd make every time again.

Reminds me, I need to paint my 2nd front door red. :lol:
My neighborhood has no HOA of any kind. Freedom country up in this piece.