The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:21 pm Resistance is futile dudes. These are made to be abused. Your life will be a lot simpler if you just accept that.
:dat:

Whatever Odyssey I own will be hand washed exactly zero times during my ownership.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:21 pm Resistance is futile dudes. These are made to be abused. Your life will be a lot simpler if you just accept that.

Whatever Odyssey I own will be hand washed exactly zero times during my ownership.
I haven't hand washed the Cammie yet, buy silver if it's available, you'll be :aintcaring: like a motherfucker and it will always look the same, or maybe less shiny 😉
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:45 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:17 pm

I haven't hand washed the Cammie yet, buy silver if it's available, you'll be :aintcaring: like a motherfucker and it will always look the same, or maybe less shiny 😉
Yeah. I was disappointed when I saw the CRV color at such a dark blue. It pretty much always looks awful. I really wanted a silver or gray car this go around.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:45 pm

Yeah. I was disappointed when I saw the CRV color at such a dark blue. It pretty much always looks awful. I really wanted a silver or gray car this go around.
Yeah it's a borked market, I didn't have a choice either, but the allocation was silver so it worked out for me.

The kids and I were getting :nuke: so I decided to get ceramic tints and I think I went too dark. Front and back has the same transparency, and it's only 20%! Visibility is okay, and I love the dark interior feel, but the thing looks suspicious 😅
Johnny_P

Tar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 pm

Yeah it's a borked market, I didn't have a choice either, but the allocation was silver so it worked out for me.

The kids and I were getting :nuke: so I decided to get ceramic tints and I think I went too dark. Front and back has the same transparency, and it's only 20%! Visibility is okay, and I love the dark interior feel, but the thing looks suspicious 😅
CRV hybrids ship with some absurd limo tint on the rear windows. It def looks suspect.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:26 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:58 pm

CRV hybrids ship with some absurd limo tint on the rear windows. It def looks suspect.
My tint guy will tell you factory tint on a suv is usually 20%, so I have that on the front two windows to make it all match. :jesus:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:26 pm

My tint guy will tell you factory tint on a suv is usually 20%, so I have that on the front two windows to make it all match. :jesus:
We have pretty strict tint laws … I actually got busted with 20s in my 20s … ha it rhymes. Since then I usually go 50% in the fronts and 25s out back. I figured Canuckistan being the great white north is semi anal about that sort of thing
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:27 pm
Tar wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:38 pm

We have pretty strict tint laws … I actually got busted with 20s in my 20s … ha it rhymes. Since then I usually go 50% in the fronts and 25s out back. I figured Canuckistan being the great white north is semi anal about that sort of thing
Ontario doesn't give a hoot, Quebec will nail you for ANYTHING non-stock. Historically in Ontario,the front windows were legal 35%, then 50%, and now need to be clear/no tint. So at this point anything I put on the front is too dark, might as well enjoy thug lyfe for a while, but I suspect nobody will ever even notice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I don't hand wash my car either despite not having kids and it being an 'enthusiast car' kind of. :whocares: I have a membershit at the local spray and scratch drive through.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:39 am I don't hand wash my car either despite not having kids and it being an 'enthusiast car' kind of. :whocares: I have a membershit at the local spray and scratch drive through.
Do you get touchless, or just enjoy the sound of sand and dirt get wiped off with those sweet sweet cloth bristles spinning at 300 rpm? I can't bring myself to use a soft cloth car wash at this juncture of my life. It's the very last :aintcare: left in my car enthusiast soul. :hellno:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:39 am I don't hand wash my car either despite not having kids and it being an 'enthusiast car' kind of. :whocares: I have a membershit at the local spray and scratch drive through.
Do you get touchless, or just enjoy the sound of sand and dirt get wiped off with those sweet sweet cloth bristles spinning at 300 rpm? I can't bring myself to use a soft cloth car wash at this juncture of my life. It's the very last :aintcare: left in my car enthusiast soul. :hellno:
Full touch :aintcare:

It gets the car a lot cleaner and I do wax it from time to time so hopefully that protects somewhat. Other than the front bumper it actually looks really good.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:58 am

It gets the car a lot cleaner and I do wax it from time to time so hopefully that protects somewhat. Other than the front bumper it actually looks really good.
The swirls. :doomed:

We go full touch on the Atlas :aintcare:. It's huge, takes forever to hand wash, and I can't even reach most of the roof. Having to get out a step stool just to wash the car is :fullretard: IMO. It's also white, so even if it does get swirled to shit it won't be super visible unless you're really looking.

The 86 doe, that thing will never ever get an automated wash. The dark blue would/will show swirls like crazy, and I am not into that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:04 pm

The swirls. :doomed:

We go full touch on the Atlas :aintcare:. It's huge, takes forever to hand wash, and I can't even reach most of the roof. Having to get out a step stool just to wash the car is :fullretard: IMO. It's also white, so even if it does get swirled to shit it won't be super visible unless you're really looking.

The 86 doe, that thing will never ever get an automated wash. The dark blue would/will show swirls like crazy, and I am not into that.
I feel you. It's nice having a car I don't really care about that much :doe: I still enjoy it being clean. I do the inside myself, go through the wash for the outside. It also lives in a carport so it needs washed like weekly, easier to just pay $20/month for the quick drive through and do a full wash/wax periodically at home.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

:disgust:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

THANK YOU
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Whelp. The 2023 Odyssey showed up today, way sooner than expected. If I don't find a used Odyssey in the next ~48 hours, the GR86 is going bye bye.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:49 pm Whelp. The 2023 Odyssey showed up today, way sooner than expected. If I don't find a used Odyssey in the next ~48 hours, the GR86 is going bye bye.
Why welp? You're making like 6k?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:51 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:49 pm Whelp. The 2023 Odyssey showed up today, way sooner than expected. If I don't find a used Odyssey in the next ~48 hours, the GR86 is going bye bye.
Why welp? You're making like 6k?
It actually does net out to about a $6k gain when you figure what I'm making on the 86, the $3k the GTI's value has dropped since I sold it, and the extra sales tax savings.

Still, I'm gonna be :eeyore: without a fun car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:pouroneout:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:57 pm:pouroneout:
:dat: :sad:
Desertbreh

coogles wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:57 pm:pouroneout:
:dat: :sad:
Fuck it dude. You need to turn the key on the crotchfruit hauler and have that nasty bitch go boom. Plus your sports car engine was going to weld itself together with friction heat and RTV goo.
You'll be back strong AF soon.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:42 pm Fuck it dude. You need to turn the key on the crotchfruit hauler and have that nasty bitch go boom. Plus your sports car engine was going to weld itself together with friction heat and RTV goo.
My brain knows you're right, but I'm still going to bitch about it. The new Odysseys are genuinely nice, but giving up the GR86 feels like giving up giving up. I already devote so much to the family, we moved from our fun neighborhood out to the burbs, now I've sold the fun hot hatch and the little sports car for a fucking minivan. The cuckiest cuck award will hands down be mine. That's the feeling, even knowing I should be able to replace the 86 in a year or so.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Last edited by coogles on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:18 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:42 pm Fuck it dude. You need to turn the key on the crotchfruit hauler and have that nasty bitch go boom. Plus your sports car engine was going to weld itself together with friction heat and RTV goo.
My brain knows you're right, but I'm still going to bitch about it. The new Odysseys are genuinely nice, but giving up the GR86 feels like giving up giving up. I already devote so much to the family, we moved from our fun neighborhood out to the burbs, now I've sold the fun hot hatch and the little sports car for a fucking minivan. The cuckiest cuck award will hands down be mine. That's the feeling, even knowing I should be able to replace the 86 in a year or so.
This is all true. Get snipped, get the van, take your ~4 years getting the little ones far enough away from being suicide machines that you will have the time to enjoy your next fun car. Get a decent racing sim setup for ~1k for when you can carve out some hours in the meantime.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P

Burble tune the minivan
It’s probably faster than the 86 anyway