2022 :plac: life !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:38 pm I just realized how slow we are in 2022... once again reflecting the market itself... car sales have slowed significantly.
High prices and low inventory keep the enthusiasts at bay.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:11 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:38 pm I just realized how slow we are in 2022... once again reflecting the market itself... car sales have slowed significantly.
You think I'll be able to slide in there? The :dillerman: has told me December delivery of the BRZ... but still no actual confirmation in writing on anything, the $1K is charged to my card :doe:
Once you take delivery name goes on board :) I expect you and me to make it on the list this year for sure.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:45 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Issa GR86 :bruh:
Sorry ! Corrected .
Thank you kindly. :howdy:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I’d have the Maverick in my driveway if they could get it to my dealer in a timely fashion. Pushed back to Late August… again.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well, Ford's dealer network sucks to deal with, so I 86'd the 86 and the Maverick idea, and I pick this up from my newly acquired Nissan dealership next week.

max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:47 pm Well, Ford's dealer network sucks to deal with, so I 86'd the 86 and the Maverick idea, and I pick this up from my newly acquired Nissan dealership next week.

So the 86 is gone ? Added the new Truk to the list.

You getting a discount off sticker on that ? Curious about the ownership experience on this. 9 speed fixes the main issue I had with my taco here. And extra displacement is nice also.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:47 pm Well, Ford's dealer network sucks to deal with, so I 86'd the 86 and the Maverick idea, and I pick this up from my newly acquired Nissan dealership next week.

Looks pretty butch.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:53 pm

You getting a discount off sticker on that ? Curious about the ownership experience on this. 9 speed fixes the main issue I had with my taco here. And extra displacement is nice also.
86 is gone. Last night was the last straw after getting a large chunk of blown tire thrown at me on the highway. Clear bra paid for itself but as a commuter it’s got to go. In the last few weeks it’s been hit in the rear, cracked the windshield and now this mess with the fender liner.

I’m going to miss it.

Reality is while the car is fantastic I can’t find the time to enjoy it and have racked up 13k miles on it.

Msrp on frontier is $48k. It’s loaded with every option under the sun. I’m getting it for $46 and I’ll make about $3k on the 86. Cushy leather seats, fender premium audio, moonroof, tech packages, everything. Should be a good place to spend 3 hours a day.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:53 pm

86 is gone. Last night was the last straw after getting a large chunk of blown tire thrown at me on the highway. Clear bra paid for itself but as a commuter it’s got to go. In the last few weeks it’s been hit in the rear, cracked the windshield and now this mess with the fender liner.

I’m going to miss it.

Reality is while the car is fantastic I can’t find the time to enjoy it and have racked up 13k miles on it.

Msrp on frontier is $48k. It’s loaded with every option under the sun. I’m getting it for $46 and I’ll make about $3k on the 86. Cushy leather seats, fender premium audio, moonroof, tech packages, everything. Should be a good place to spend 3 hours a day.
Yea I was shopping these for a hot second when I once again couldn’t find a :manuel: taco.
Nissan did a good job with the market positioning of it. It does most things that a trd pro does minus the fancy shocks for 4-6k less depending on option levels.

I don’t know if you have a bed lock but I’d recommend one. One of my fav “accessories” along with a hard cover.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:17 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:13 pm

I’m going to miss it.

Yea I was shopping these for a hot second when I once again couldn’t find a :manuel: taco.
Nissan did a good job with the market positioning of it. It does most things that a trd pro does minus the fancy shocks for 4-6k less depending on option levels.

I don’t know if you have a bed lock but I’d recommend one. One of my fav “accessories” along with a hard cover.
A Manual TRD pro became available through my old store but if I'm shopping $49k trucks I wanted a few creature comforts that you lose when you option the manual - smart key/push button start and radar cruise being the main ones - having to put the key in the ignition of a truck that price is stupid.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:25 pm

A Manual TRD pro became available through my old store but if I'm shopping $49k trucks I wanted a few creature comforts that you lose when you option the manual - smart key/push button start and radar cruise being the main ones - having to put the key in the ignition of a truck that price is stupid.
You also lose the stereo… I was never a fan of the Toyota “cruise control” never used it in the year of having that thing and 13k miles. The positive thing however is I believe it comes with a different abs unit that fixes the super touchy brakes on the auto tacos equipped with Toyotas MTS
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man, I miss using a regular key something fierce... I always leave my keys in the car... ALWAYS... with push button start. A 'me thing' for sure, but I miss keys.

Anyway, :pouroneout: for the 86, sad to see it go. We got two on the forum so quickly and they're leaving just as fast. I actually have a BRZ on order.

Curious to hear your impressions on the Frontier over time! I love the color, the new :truk: looks great.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Man, I miss using a regular key something fierce... I always leave my keys in the car... ALWAYS... with push button start. A 'me thing' for sure, but I miss keys.

Anyway, :pouroneout: for the 86, sad to see it go. We got two on the forum so quickly and they're leaving just as fast. I actually have a BRZ on order.

Curious to hear your impressions on the Frontier over time! I love the color, the new :truk: looks great.
Does your car not have proximity entry? My keys never leave my pocket, I love it.

Push button start without proximity entry is a waste. I hated that on my ATS, nowhere to put the key. Give me both or a regular metal key.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Does your car not have proximity entry? My keys never leave my pocket, I love it.

Push button start without proximity entry is a waste. I hated that on my ATS, nowhere to put the key. Give me both or a regular metal key.
Neither of our cars do and my rentals are basically 50/50. Even when they have it, the fobs are huge and I hate having stuff like that in my pocket, so I always toss the keys in a cupholder and either realize it while walking away from the vehicle and going to lock it, or forget entirely and leave the car unlocked with the keys sitting in it for the duration. I can't imagine I'm the only person who does this?
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:45 pm

Neither of our cars do and my rentals are basically 50/50. Even when they have it, the fobs are huge and I hate having stuff like that in my pocket, so I always toss the keys in a cupholder and either realize it while walking away from the vehicle and going to lock it, or forget entirely and leave the car unlocked with the keys sitting in it for the duration. I can't imagine I'm the only person who does this?
In the mini and the taco I always left the keys in the pocket and never looked back. In the benz I really don't mind using the fob. It's a quality metal piece and it feels satisfying turning it to start the car... :iono: I don't really see the big deal about keyless. The tsx also has a key and requires a physical TURN... :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I did it all the time in cars with push button but no proximity entry, I can't stand it. Give me a damned key.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:48 pm

In the mini and the taco I always left the keys in the pocket and never looked back. In the benz I really don't mind using the fob. It's a quality metal piece and it feels satisfying turning it to start the car... :iono: I don't really see the big deal about keyless. The tsx also has a key and requires a physical TURN... :doomed:
:dat: I frankly don't give much of a shit, the leaving it in the car is my own dumb problem, but keys were :thisisfine: and it's a 'it ain't broke' thing to me.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:54 pm

:dat: I frankly don't give much of a shit, the leaving it in the car is my own dumb problem, but keys were :thisisfine: and it's a 'it ain't broke' thing to me.
I do have to say that physically opening doors with a key is annoying AF when you have more than 1 person. You then have make your passenger wait and reach over to open their door etc... and constantly finger your car with the key. I had a bare bones JK rental in Hawaii not that long ago, and it had roll up windows and no keyless. It was annoying AF... and I constantly forgot that I have to use a KEY to lock the trunk... Multi step process every time to enter or exit the car that actually wasted a bunch of TIME.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:56 pm

I do have to say that physically opening doors with a key is annoying AF when you have more than 1 person. You then have make your passenger wait and reach over to open their door etc... and constantly finger your car with the key. I had a bare bones JK rental in Hawaii not that long ago, and it had roll up windows and no keyless. It was annoying AF... and I constantly forgot that I have to use a KEY to lock the trunk... Multi step process every time to enter or exit the car that actually wasted a bunch of TIME.
Yeah opening the doors with a key is true poverty. I'm talking key in the ignition, which I like. My favorite was probably the old Ford key with lock/unlock button on the head or similar. Use remote to lock/unlock as you approach, start vehicle with key would be my ultimate :megusta:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
I turned a key on every car I ever drove until 2020 when my Mk was murdered and I remain :whocares: about push button start. I do like not having to turn a key to unlock the door, but don't feel like pushing a button to start the car is an advancement. It's a "solution" to a "problem" that didn't exist, IMO.
:wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:35 pm

I turned a key on every car I ever drove until 2020 when my Mk was murdered and I remain :whocares: about push button start. I do like not having to turn a key to unlock the door, but don't feel like pushing a button to start the car is an advancement. It's a "solution" to a "problem" that didn't exist, IMO.
:howdareyou:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'm fine with push button start as long as I don't have to put the key in the ignition, turn the car on, then find a button to start it.
wap

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:46 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:35 pm
:howdareyou:
:aintcare: :hubba:
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:03 pm I'm fine with push button start as long as I don't have to put the key in the ignition, turn the car on, then find a button to start it.
Yeah, that's :fullretard: , it doubles the steps to start the car. :nope:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:06 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:56 pm

Yeah opening the doors with a key is true poverty. I'm talking key in the ignition, which I like. My favorite was probably the old Ford key with lock/unlock button on the head or similar. Use remote to lock/unlock as you approach, start vehicle with key would be my ultimate :megusta:
Shoulda bought my STI