OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Lol.
Heard a loud boom about an hour ago here at the other warehouse I'm managing. Power went out for several minutes before coming back on, except my office and a few other circuits are still dead. So no computer, no internet, no phones, no security cameras, etc. Dead in the water, basically. Called my operations manager about 40 minutes ago and he said he'll send our maintenance guy over and he'll call me back shortly.
No call back and no maintenance guy yet. :thisisfine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:50 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 am This thing was also much louder than I remember it being in our San Diego house. Probably the taller ceilings amplifying the sound.
When John Force wins the Winternationals, he doesn't say his engine was too loud.
:word: I can always stuff some foam ear plugs in if the noise is too crazy.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:24 am Lol.
Heard a loud boom about an hour ago here at the other warehouse I'm managing. Power went out for several minutes before coming back on, except my office and a few other circuits are still dead. So no computer, no internet, no phones, no security cameras, etc. Dead in the water, basically. Called my operations manager about 40 minutes ago and he said he'll send our maintenance guy over and he'll call me back shortly.
Transformer blow out ?! Or Aliens?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:58 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:28 pm Guys. There is no such thing as too much air conditioning power. And we're talking about window units here. That "too big" stuff Ron is talking about is for central HVAC. Get the big one. Also, you're buying this to sleep at night. White noise my ass right into slumber land.
Ran the 8k unit last night and it never fully cooled the room down :disgust: I should have stuck with my gut and gone 10k. I’ll play with this one again tonight and if it runs all night long again without being able to get the room down to 68° I’ll see if Home Depot will let me return /exchange it.
You sleep at 68 degrees ?! That’s fucking rich. :wasteful:

Btw what was the temp when you first plugged it in? ACs don’t just go down to your desired temp. They need to continuously work.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 am This thing was also much louder than I remember it being in our San Diego house. Probably the taller ceilings amplifying the sound.
We did warn you about this one. These bitches are loud af. Every time I have an in unit ac in a hotel that’s close to the window I know I won’t be able to sleep
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:28 pm Guys. There is no such thing as too much air conditioning power. And we're talking about window units here. That "too big" stuff Ron is talking about is for central HVAC. Get the big one. Also, you're buying this to sleep at night. White noise my ass right into slumber land.
Ran the 8k unit last night and it never fully cooled the room down :disgust: I should have stuck with my gut and gone 10k. I’ll play with this one again tonight and if it runs all night long again without being able to get the room down to 68° I’ll see if Home Depot will let me return /exchange it.
Which one did you get?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 am

Btw what was the temp when you first plugged it in? ACs don’t just go down to your desired temp. They need to continuously work.
Yeah I turn mine on like 2 hr before I go to sleep so the room cools off. Everything in the room is hot, it all needs to cool off too.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:51 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 am

Yeah I turn mine on like 2 hr before I go to sleep so the room cools off. Everything in the room is hot, it all needs to cool off too.
I learned this the hard way during our last heat wave… we went to the beach … so I had everything off… then when we got back I turned it on… it took the house down from 85 to 76 but just got stuck there without being able to move it down further. Granted it was 110 out. However yesterday I had this bitch set at 70 … it was 104 out and it was able to keep it at 70 all day.

It did run for 12 hrs straight though.
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:25 am
wap wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:24 am Lol.
Transformer blow out ?! Or Aliens?
:aliens:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:29 am
We did warn you about this one. These bitches are loud af. Every time I have an in unit ac in a hotel that’s close to the window I know I won’t be able to sleep
We went with the exact same Toshiba unit we had in San Diego and I don’t remember it being nearly this loud. Must be a room acoustics thing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toshiba-8-0 ... lsrc=aw.ds

I will admit to fucking up and not turning it on until I was getting into bed, but it still ran all night without kicking off once once the room reached the desired temp. Eventually it was cooler than 68 outside so I shut it off and opened a different window to just let the cool air in.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ha I love that shit. I have a white noise maker in every bedroom and my wife just bought me some fancy Bose white noise earbuds for Father's day. Complete silence is no bueno for sleep for me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:32 pm

Ha I love that shit. I have a white noise maker in every bedroom and my wife just bought me some fancy Bose white noise earbuds for Father's day. Complete silence is no bueno for sleep for me.
:lol: Yea tell me about it... I can't sleep in an ocean front room with the window open because the ocean won't :stfu:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:32 pm

My mom visited and our daughters white noise machine made her legit go :butwhy: it’s so weird. I told her to get with the times.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

Rudy was that dash cam video on your IG of being forced off the highway actually yours? Shit was wild.
SAWCE

Added carrots to my chicken shake this morning. 5/7. Will keep doing that as an easy way to sneak additional veggies into the diet and get a wider variety. Going to play with adding celery and radishes as well, make it a whole goddamn chicken soup.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:02 pm Added carrots to my chicken shake this morning. 5/7. Will keep doing that as an easy way to sneak additional veggies into the diet and get a wider variety. Going to play with adding celery and radishes as well, make it a whole goddamn chicken soup.
:really:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:44 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:02 pm Added carrots to my chicken shake this morning. 5/7. Will keep doing that as an easy way to sneak additional veggies into the diet and get a wider variety. Going to play with adding celery and radishes as well, make it a whole goddamn chicken soup.
9oz of chicken per serving gets old fast. So I split 5oz out and blend it up with some mixed greens and homemade chicken stock from when I pressure cooked the chicken. My life is infinitely easier doing this. The other 4oz is grilled and eaten with rice and veggies.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:47 pm

9oz of chicken per serving gets old fast. So I split 5oz out and blend it up with some mixed greens and homemade chicken stock from when I pressure cooked the chicken. My life is infinitely easier doing this. The other 4oz is grilled and eaten with rice and veggies.
Gotcha
SAWCE

Slow day at work. Everything is out of my court and I’m waiting on other people. Tempted to take a short nap.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:01 pm Rudy was that dash cam video on your IG of being forced off the highway actually yours? Shit was wild.
Yes.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:01 pm Rudy was that dash cam video on your IG of being forced off the highway actually yours? Shit was wild.
Yes.
Post it here.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:21 pm
Yes.
Jesus. What a douche bag.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I still haven't been able to get into this. I've tried counting macros and getting 180g of protein per day...damn it's tough. I usually get to ~150g and call it good. But that's partly why I'm not yuuuuge.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:51 pm

I still haven't been able to get into this. I've tried counting macros and getting 180g of protein per day...damn it's tough. I usually get to ~150g and call it good. But that's partly why I'm not yuuuuge.
Just totaled mine up.. ~4500 calories a day. 388g protein (180ish just from the 22oz of chicken I eat), 540g carbs, 71g fat.

And I lost weight my last two check-ins so we’ll likely be throwing another 50g of carbs in this coming week.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:51 pm

Just totaled mine up.. ~4500 calories a day. 388g protein (180ish just from the 22oz of chicken I eat), 540g carbs, 71g fat.

And I lost weight my last two check-ins so we’ll likely be throwing another 50g of carbs in this coming week.
:jesus:

Eat big to get big.