OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

We hit a new chain chicken place that’s been popping up, Dave’s Hot Chicken. 5/7. I got the two slider meal, and added an extra tender. Meal comes with some seasoned wrinkle cut fries that were nice a crispy. Went for their medium heat sauce on my chicken, and they give you an outstanding dipping sauce for everything. Kind of sweet like the sauce at Raising Cane’s, but better imo. All the pieces of chicken I got were nice thick, meaty :tits: . Will absolutely be back.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I want to kill one or more grackles today
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Uhaul Guy: "And what vehicle are you towing on the trailer?"
Me: "A 1980 Corvette"
Uhaul Guy: :butwhy:
Me: :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Is that a sunfire convertible? Wow
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:36 am Is that a sunfire convertible? Wow
Yea, and it's MINT. Dude bought it wrecked with a few k miles on it and fixed it 20 years ago. The roof developed a hole, he bought a BRAND NEW factory top for it, but never got around to replacing it...it's still in the box. Hasn't had insurance on it in 10 years. Probably the nicest Sunfire Convertible left in the world. We actually used it to power the Corvette to roll the windows up.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Oh. Wow. Why tho.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Time for sorority chicks in the factory?
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am Oh. Wow. Why tho.
The guy has never in his life sold a vehicle...until my old man bought the 80 Corvette from him yesterday. He actually teared up as I was strapping it down to the trailer and asked me to roll it back in the garage while my old man was off doing something else for a few mins. The Sunfire he bought for his daughter when she turned 16, she drove it to high school for a year, then moved away and he kept the car because he won't sell anything.

It gets extreme...there's a burned up carcass of a 1969 Corvette in the corner of the garage. It burned up in 1980, so he bought the new 1980, bought back the burned carcass from the insurance company because the engine was still good, and planned on swapping the engine and whatever was good from the burned up car to another. That never happened, never will happen, but the dude just can't let anything go.

Poor guy had visions of grandeur: a Corvette collection (the 1980 was intended to be the start of that, so he stopped driving it in 82 with 11k miles on it), he lives in the same house he grew up in, tripled the size of it, but never finished (easily 5k sq ft) house, had a stroked 18 years ago that left half his body paralyzed and that was the end of things.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:11 am We hit a new chain chicken place that’s been popping up, Dave’s Hot Chicken. 5/7. I got the two slider meal, and added an extra tender. Meal comes with some seasoned wrinkle cut fries that were nice a crispy. Went for their medium heat sauce on my chicken, and they give you an outstanding dipping sauce for everything. Kind of sweet like the sauce at Raising Cane’s, but better imo. All the pieces of chicken I got were nice thick, meaty :tits: . Will absolutely be back.
:drool:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 am I want to kill one or more grackles today
The what now?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I’m
Enjoying this series. So is the Wette in decent shape ?
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:29 am Image

Those late C3s are nice buys. Nobody wants them because "smog motor" and "plastic bumpers," but if you are planning on modifying the car, that stuff is can be addressed.

Of course, I would select a C4 over a C3 just because the chassis is vastly superior.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I always liked the shape of the C3
Johnny_P

Oh wow. Wow.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am I’m
I suppose I should make a thread...
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:25 am

Those late C3s are nice buys. Nobody wants them because "smog motor" and "plastic bumpers," but if you are planning on modifying the car, that stuff is can be addressed.

Of course, I would select a C4 over a C3 just because the chassis is vastly superior.
I wasn't kidding about the UHaul guy, he was legit perplexed that I was taking a 1980 Corvette anywhere. Must have been a car guy because he mentioned all the reasons nobody wants 80's and how worthless they are. All to which I agreed, but 11k mile original owner made some bit of sense to him.

My old man didn't buy it out of choice, his friend needed some financial help and wouldn't take money for nothing. So it'll be a project to get running and cruise around in. It's long-term prospects with us are up in the air.

I do fit remarkably well in it :doe: The small steering wheel that moves makes a huge difference. I could drive it without issue, so maybe I'll take it if my old man loses interest. It'll be a dog, but at least it's a stick.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:17 am
Tar wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 am I want to kill one or more grackles today
The what now?
These are little black birds that kind of look like ravens but smaller, and with a bluish shimmer to their heads. Absolutely brilliant creatures, but stubborn and filthy. They drop pouches of :poop: into bodies of water as a defense mechanism for keeping their nests clean and ultimately predators away. This could be a fairly big problem for pool owners, like myself. Went away for the weekend and the pool was absolutely decimated, we're talking Hiroshima style :nuke: droppings. I got the pool and deck clean, but I'm not sure I want to do that again. Strategies include bb gun/pellets, running fishing line strategically over the backyard to create a web that confuses the birds, fake owl/snakes... Scare crow?? :iono:

It's comedic but annoying.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:59 am
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:25 am

I wasn't kidding about the UHaul guy, he was legit perplexed that I was taking a 1980 Corvette anywhere. Must have been a car guy because he mentioned all the reasons nobody wants 80's and how worthless they are. All to which I agreed, but 11k mile original owner made some bit of sense to him.

My old man didn't buy it out of choice, his friend needed some financial help and wouldn't take money for nothing. So it'll be a project to get running and cruise around in. It's long-term prospects with us are up in the air.

I do fit remarkably well in it :doe: The small steering wheel that moves makes a huge difference. I could drive it without issue, so maybe I'll take it if my old man loses interest. It'll be a dog, but at least it's a stick.
What do you think it'll need to run, engine rebuild kind of thing?
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:59 am

Naw, it's in too good of shape to need a rebuild. Biggest thing is getting fresh fluids in it, clean the gas tank and get some fresh gas in it, and let it rip.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Naw, it's in too good of shape to need a rebuild. Biggest thing is getting fresh fluids in it, clean the gas tank and get some fresh gas in it, and let it rip.
:neat:
I look forward to reading about it, great acquisition IMO
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

datgrundle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:02 am Time for sorority chicks in the factory?
Do you even have to ask?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

:popcorn:
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:54 am
max225 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am I’m
I suppose I should make a thread...
Yup.
wap

Don't forget plugs, plug wires, points, cap, rotor, (if it still uses those) coil, etc. My VERY limited experience in getting old motors running again points to not neglecting the electricals. :wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:27 pm
Don't forget plugs, plug wires, points, cap, rotor, (if it still uses those) coil, etc. My VERY limited experience in getting old motors running again points to not neglecting the electricals. :wrong:
Yep, gonna pull the plugs to squirt some oil in the cylinders before starting, and replace the plugs at that time. The wires still look brand new, distributor is an HEI distributor, so no coil or points to deal with.