OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Hit this place called Happy Valley Station with my dude so he could meet up with an old Army bro of his who lives ~40 minutes from here.. bunch of food carts parked around a beer hall. 5/7. Every truck looked delicious. Ended up at the Mediterranean one for a chicken plate and a chicken wrap thing that I can’t remember the name of but it was a three letter word that I mispronounced the vowel of. So fucking good. Fresh made pita bread and hummus with a nice salad on the side of the massive plate of chicken and rice. Will be back for sure with Michelle. I could go there every weekend and just try a different truck and be very happy for a while.. there were probably 25ish options.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:04 pm
coogles wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Oh dang, Zack :nope: ed out too? Man.
Kind of interesting. He started the place and all.
Would assume some rather political / emotional exchanges had a lot to do with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I’ll have to ask Zack about it, he has been posting regularity and stuff… :notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Oh, wow. :( :pouroneout:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:04 pm

Kind of interesting. He started the place and all.
Would assume some rather political / emotional exchanges had a lot to do with it.
I think he’s just biking instead of “car”ing
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

No reason to delete your profile if :dat: is the case.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:15 am No reason to delete your profile if :dat: is the case.
:notwrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

coogles wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:15 am No reason to delete your profile if :dat: is the case.
Yep.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Witness Protection Program?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:33 am:iono:
:iono:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Followed up with them - they did indeed remove their presence, evidently due to the political shit on here :notsure:

I think they also edited Brad's settings to semi-ban him, all of this unbeknownst to me...

I am sort of :notsure: what to do here, we have like 10 members. The crowd funding from 2020 is long gone and I haven't really had time to look at it that much. Are people interested in me keeping it going and willing to kick a few bucks my way to keep the doors open here? I am kind of discouraged by these recent events.

We could also start a Discord server for free and keep in touch that way.

I'm sad because I have really valued this friendship and community over the past 10+ years ( :mindblown: ). That said, it seems to be rather toxic for some individuals who can't check politics at the door or various other things. It seems many of us have different views but can get along just fine, others can't play nice.

I'm kind of sick of the divide in our society and watching this place fall apart just sort of rubs salt in the wound.

I'm not about to pull the plug or anything, but just given the fact that there are errors and whatnot constantly, I'm spending a couple hunnit a year, I feel some stupid responsibility for the place, etc. it's just not feeling great to me. [user not found] largely handled software updates and shit and to be honest I have minimal time or inclination to learn about that side of things and I don't think anyone else here seems to either.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:30 pm Followed up with them - they did indeed remove their presence, evidently due to the political shit on here :notsure:

I think they also edited Brad's settings to semi-ban him, all of this unbeknownst to me...

I am sort of :notsure: what to do here, we have like 10 members. The crowd funding from 2020 is long gone and I haven't really had time to look at it that much. Are people interested in me keeping it going and willing to kick a few bucks my way to keep the doors open here? I am kind of discouraged by these recent events.

I'm sad because I have really valued this friendship and community over the past 10+ years ( :mindblown: ). That said, it seems to be rather toxic for some individuals who can't check politics at the door or various other things. It seems many of us have different views but can get along just fine, others can't play nice.

I'm kind of sick of the divide in our society and watching this place fall apart just sort of rubs salt in the wound.

I'm not about to pull the plug or anything, but just given the fact that there are errors and whatnot constantly, I'm spending a couple hunnit a year, I feel some stupid responsibility for the place, etc. it's just not feeling great to me. [user not found] largely handled software updates and shit and to be honest I have minimal time or inclination to learn about that side of things and I don't think anyone else here seems to either.
Thanks for this post, and for all you do for the joint.

I figured there was about a 0% chance Brad's relatively recent return was the major driver for Zack. Their exchanges on here were about as bad as it gets on a personal level.

I share all of your sentiments regarding the ugliness of society finding its way onto this forum, and although I'm far from the most active member on here I've still (mostly :trollface:) enjoyed my time talking to all of you. I don't know how much it makes sense to keep the place around in its current form, though. Maybe we've just all run out of things to say, or maybe we're tired of reading those kinds of conversations and are all staying away a bit more. :iono:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:30 pm Followed up with them - they did indeed remove their presence, evidently due to the political shit on here :notsure:

I am confused... who is they ? and what is this whole "user not found thing" I thought everything got transitioned over to you? Who did what ? :wat: exactly happened.

It really does suck because I feel like we've been relatively civil and I thought politics etc were kept at bay for the most part. Way less than usual it seemed. But I am not omnipresent so perhaps things happened here or there that I didn't see.
wap

Wow. :| and :( at this. Fucking trolls injecting their toxic political :bs: into everything nowadays is ruining our society. I enjoy coming here and reading and occasionally contributing to the various threads. You all are the most reliable, trustworthy automotive source I know, and pretty decent humans, as well. I seem to remember sending a few bucks to Griff before when he first took over running this place. I'd happily do it again. I think we're all well off enough to spare a few shekels toward that end.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:12 pm

I am confused... who is they ? and what is this whole "user not found thing" I thought everything got transitioned over to you? Who did what ? :wat: exactly happened.

It really does suck because I feel like we've been relatively civil and I thought politics etc were kept at bay for the most part. Way less than usual it seemed. But I am not omnipresent so perhaps things happened here or there that I didn't see.
:[user not found]: ( :whocares: he's been gone for years) and [user not found] ( :sad: ).

Honestly... I don't really understand. They blame Brad and I'm not going to jump in and defend Brad or them, shots were certainly fired, arguments had. At the end of the day it seems like they all didn't like each other past the point of no return.

I don't really understand what happened. I am sort of :triggered: that it is all in my hands and I'm paying and they did something with Brad's user setting without ever mentioning it. They also seem to have deleted all of their history.

As mentioned I really don't know much about how the management/technical side works and don't particularly want to learn.

I am also :notsure: on what happened recently re: [user not found] and Brad, maybe something I missed in the punchbowl. It seems Brad is gone as well because of whatever happened.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Deleting the B E N D E R emoji is also just some middle school drama shit :wtf:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:25 pm Deleting the B E N D E R emoji is also just some middle school drama shit :wtf:
Yea.... so "They" whoever they are did what they did last time around... not surprising. Sigh I dunno what to say.

I feel like politics or whatever you want to call it tore this place apart because people just couldn't get along and insisted that there is only one way to think about things and refused to see the other side without going full postal.

Unfortunately it seems like it became impossible to segregate politics from this place.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:25 pm Deleting the B E N D E R emoji is also just some middle school drama shit :wtf:
Yea.... so "They" whoever they are did what they did last time around... not surprising. Sigh I dunno what to say.

I feel like politics or whatever you want to call it tore this place apart because people just couldn't get along and insisted that there is only one way to think about things and refused to see the other side without going full postal.

Unfortunately it seems like it became impossible to segregate politics from this place.
All :dat:

"They" is Z i l l and B e n d e r.... I thought I mentioned that but it looks like it's doing this stupid censoring... another thing I have no fucking idea how to change.

Ah well, :iono:

I am certainly not opposed to keeping the place open... just was wondering if a platform that's free and free of server issues and other :bs: would be better.

Discord would allow ongoing threads for car chat and whatnot for all who would like to partake.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, let's see what those who are relatively active want to do.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:28 pm

"They" is Z i l l and B e n d e r.... I thought I mentioned that but it looks like it's doing this stupid censoring... another thing I have no fucking idea how to change.

I am certainly not opposed to keeping the place open... just was wondering if a platform that's free and free of server issues and other :bs: would be better.

Discord would allow ongoing threads for car chat and whatnot for all who would like to partake.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, let's see what those who are relatively active want to do.
How does Discord work? I thought it was a gaming thing. I am open to whatever. I enjoy most banter on here. I am however not ok with someone having the power to go in lock shit up... remove crap etc. That has gotten really old and I frankly can't believe it happened again.

Some individuals rewrote the history of this place multiple times to show some things in a particular light. And it pushed a particular rhetoric with those in control of the place.

I thought we put an end to it, until now it seems. I enjoyed the new direction because it was more civil than usual. Yet apparently that was still a farce. Clearly there is a power trip going on even now... from the sidelines.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm

How does Discord work? I thought it was a gaming thing. I am open to whatever. I enjoy most banter on here. I am however not ok with someone having the power to go in lock shit up... remove crap etc. That has gotten really old and I frankly can't believe it happened again.

Some individuals rewrote the history of this place multiple times to show some things in a particular light. And it pushed a particular rhetoric with those in control of the place.

I thought we put an end to it, until now it seems. I enjoyed the new direction because it was more civil than usual. Yet apparently that was still a farce. Clearly there is a power trip going on even now... from the sidelines.
I 100% agree on all of that. It :triggered: me particularly given we all voted/agreed to end it, I am the elected leader of sorts and had no idea until people brought it up here this weekend.

Discord is sort of like a forum meets WhatsApp. You have a 'Server' which is essentially a group. Nested within that you have different threads but in more of a chat/WhatsApp format - so it would allow us to still have car chats, people could have individual garage/car threads, cycling, lifting, food, travel, general OT, etc.

It's quite a different format as it's more of a streaming chat versus website, but it's free for everyone.
Desertbreh

I'm happy to pitch in. I'm not really sure that the appropriate response to watching the divide in society is to perpetuate that divide. This place helps me stay on top of things that I would otherwise be ignorant of due to hanging out with a bunch of :wap: all the time, people are smart on here and while losing Zach sucks it pretty hard, the guy was a content king and a nice fella to boot, I think just folding seems kind of weaksauce.

I DO THINK, that some of the entertainment on this forum came from the :popcorn: of conflict, but the whole rule of "don't be a dick" has been critically ignored and led to division and decay. To that end, the use of this forum as some kind of cradle of free speech should have its limits, like when it rubs up agains the Dick Rule.

Brad should have gotten tossed when Zach offered up that both of them needed to STFU and Brad replied that nope, only Z NEEDED TO STFU. And that whole aftermath thing with calls to hang Fauci, gimme a fucking break like 30 straight posts with like one chime in by Mario who probably DOES have some gripes against .gov overreach.

Troy FREQUENTLY violated the Dick Rule was was always given some kind of special dispensation, probably because he had redeeming qualities and probably because people liked the :popcorn: But he should have been tossed for expressing desire that the VID kill off Max's family, like Max should have gotten tossed for telling TROY to off himself.

I don't think we need to tolerate any of this stuff. If we could get Alan back here and would offer up that Dan and Alan should be the new ban police, and when you threaten what's left of forum cohesiveness because what you have to say is just so TERRIBLY important...........you get shown to the door. Dan and Alan, have, over 10 years, IMHO shown themselves to be reasonable, empathetic, and intelligent, WITHOUT FAIL and WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Most of the rest of us can't say that.

But, like, that's just my opinion man.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 pm

I'm happy to pitch in. I'm not really sure that the appropriate response to watching the divide in society is to perpetuate that divide. This place helps me stay on top of things that I would otherwise be ignorant of due to hanging out with a bunch of :wap: all the time, people are smart on here and while losing Zach sucks it pretty hard, the guy was a content king and a nice fella to boot, I think just folding seems kind of weaksauce.

I DO THINK, that some of the entertainment on this forum came from the :popcorn: of conflict, but the whole rule of "don't be a dick" has been critically ignored and led to division and decay. To that end, the use of this forum as some kind of cradle of free speech should have its limits, like when it rubs up agains the Dick Rule.

Brad should have gotten tossed when Zach offered up that both of them needed to STFU and Brad replied that nope, only Z NEEDED TO STFU. And that whole aftermath thing with calls to hang Fauci, gimme a fucking break like 30 straight posts with like one chime in by Mario who probably DOES have some gripes against .gov overreach.

Troy FREQUENTLY violated the Dick Rule was was always given some kind of special dispensation, probably because he had redeeming qualities and probably because people liked the :popcorn: But he should have been tossed for expressing desire that the VID kill off Max's family, like Max should have gotten tossed for telling TROY to off himself.

I don't think we need to tolerate any of this stuff. If we could get Alan back here and would offer up that Dan and Alan should be the new ban police, and when you threaten what's left of forum cohesiveness because what you have to say is just so TERRIBLY important...........you get shown to the door. Dan and Alan, have, over 10 years, IMHO shown themselves to be reasonable, empathetic, and intelligent, WITHOUT FAIL and WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Most of the rest of us can't say that.

I am not ok with Alan's censorship crap. He has edited and removed some of my posts and kept his rhetoric on due to the "moderator" powers. And I vehemently support my right to tell someone to off himself if they consistently threw vile shit my way without provocation. So lets not reWRITE it again... even his last attacks against me got "TAKEN DOWN" and cleansed. Which would have been nice to revisit in memory lane.

That said. I am ok with a 3rd party... app that is NOT run by anyone with any sort of "agenda" or whatever. So let the platform figure out the content that is and isn't allowed.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 pm

I am not ok with Alan's censorship crap. He has edited and removed some of my posts and kept his rhetoric on due to the "moderator" powers. And I vehemently support my right to tell someone to off himself if they consistently threw vile shit my way without provocation. So lets not reWRITE it again... even his last attacks against me got "TAKEN DOWN" and cleansed. Which would have been nice to revisit in memory lane.

That said. I am ok with a 3rd party... app that is NOT run by anyone with any sort of "agenda" or whatever. So let the platform figure out the content that is and isn't allowed.
And I don't think anything I have ever posted on this forum was so important that removing it is some kind of censorship. It's not like any of us is sitting in the basement in Moscow typing out morse code to keep our fellow countrymen in the know about the real story unfolding in our country. It is also quite apparent that infatuation with "muh freedoms" on an interwebz forum mostly dedicated to things like soft porn and brake fluid is PRECISELY its downfall. If you want to get censored, go stand in the town square and run your mouth all reckless and see if any jackbooted cops kick your ass.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:12 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:55 pm

And I don't think anything I have ever posted on this forum was so important that removing it is some kind of censorship. It's not like any of us is sitting in the basement in Moscow typing out morse code to keep our fellow countrymen in the know about the real story unfolding in our country. It is also quite apparent that infatuation with "muh freedoms" on an interwebz forum mostly dedicated to things like soft porn and brake fluid is PRECISELY its downfall. If you want to get censored, go stand in the town square and run your mouth all reckless and see if any jackbooted cops kick your ass.
If I wanted to post about starting my morning with a Brake Fluid mouth wash and I wanted my friend from the desert to see my stupidity; I would like it to stay on a 10 person forum without someone from Kentucky taking it down because it goes against his moral fabric. This has nothing to do with freedom. I can clearly express myself anywhere else without issue. Why be restricted here.