Global Warming - Discussion-Rant

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/04/06/ ... -answered/

offffff. forgot about the sun. opps.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/one-ba ... ate-change
Last week, Bank of America sparked a firestorm of reaction amid both the pro and contra climate change camps, when it published one of its massive "Thematic Research" tomes, this time covering the "Transwarming" World (available to all ZH pro subs), and which serves as a key primer to today's Net Zero reality, if for no other reason than for being one of the first banks to quantify the cost of the biggest economic, ecologic and social overhaul in modern history.

The bottom line: no less than a stunning $150 trillion in new capital investment would be required to reach a "net zero" world over 30 years - equating to some $5 trillion in annual investments - and amounting to twice current global GDP.

Needless to say, the private sector has nowhere near the capital required to complete this investment which is why Bank of America generously estimate that all or parts of the bill would have to be footed by central banks in the form of tens of trillions in QE. And since QE is essentially debt monetization, and since $150 trillion in new debt would have devastating consequences on the economy, BofA was kind enough to share its calculation of just how inflationary this billionaire pet project would be: the "full monetization" scenario, where central banks inject $5 trillion in liquidity every year via QE for 30 years, would result in incremental 3% of inflation for a good decade. This is inflation over and above whatever is already coming down the pipeline.
LOLZ. called it. 3% annual on top of the 2% over 10 years would turn your dollar into 61 cents... slightly more than a quarter of your income tax but tracks the overall concept about how the gov will steal from you to do this.

The 3% annual number over 10 years is... 1 dollar equals 74 cents. But you know, I don't know shit and pulled that number from my anus. :yeaok:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Let's just say for the sake of argument that they throw a 30% tax per kwhr on all carbon energy. So 20% of our energy is non-carbon based, the other 80 is. Thats a 24% tax on all energy overall.

EVERYTHING from soap to medical supplies to CITY WATER (look up how chlorine is made not to mention pumping energy) will get 24% more expensive at a minimum.

You wont make 24% more money. Where are you going to cut a quarter of your spending?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I keep seeing this shit about the west running out of water.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/05/ ... -to-spare/

"Vail Mountain Completes Longest Season on Record with Snow to Spare"

Maybe its a demand problem and not a supply one. But keep moving to the desert in an unsustainable way, I'm sure it will be ok (it wont)
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:43 pm I keep seeing this shit about the west running out of water.

Maybe its a demand problem and not a supply one. But keep moving to the desert in an unsustainable way, I'm sure it will be ok (it wont)
My understanding is that SoCal is planning a mass migration to the Knoxville area to establish the Smoky Mountain libtardia region of Tennessee.
[user not found] wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:43 pm I keep seeing this shit about the west running out of water.

All joking aside, interesting point. Vail is fairly representative of Colorado snowpack. But Lake Powelll is 177 feet down.
[user not found] wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:35 am

My understanding is that SoCal is planning a mass migration to the Knoxville area to establish the Smoky Mountain libtardia region of Tennessee.
:notwrong:

and we will smite them should they forget the reasons they left.
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:39 am

All joking aside, interesting point. Vail is fairly representative of Colorado snowpack. But Lake Powelll is 177 feet down.
some data:

AZ, CA, NV look the same.

these two have something in common.... wonder what it is.....

Long term historic data trend. This could be something else going on, or just another blip as the data shows happened often in recorded and pre historic history.

note how usage tracks power production and agriculture increase.

You know, its a great resource we built those dams. Primary goal was always flood control, the other benefits secondary. The reservoir resources just need better management. If it was run by someone selling water at a market price based on reservoir level (tied to power output too) price would manage this. Thats a high level thought, but as of now the withdrawals are written as a 'shall issue' no matter how much water is left. Well, whatca gonna do when all thats left is the natural riverbed west coast bros? Pray more water into existence? Perhaps living in a sustainable way in the desert would be sustainable. Use direct air cooling for power, or reclaim wastewater (some do). Maybe don't farm so many water intensive crops in an arid region. Maybe don't have extravagant lawns. Maybe have gray water systems for toilets and other users to save fresh water.

This can be done in a smart, sustainable way... and we are just not doing it. But it has zero to do with anthropogenic climate change. :micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr