OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Sooo I finally got my requested times offff, NY for this weekend and Orlando on Memorial day weekend, driving back home on tuesday, the day before my birthday!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:58 am Sooo I finally got my requested times offff, NY for this weekend and Orlando on Memorial day weekend, driving back home on tuesday, the day before my birthday!!
Is your b-day 5/11?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:15 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:58 am Sooo I finally got my requested times offff, NY for this weekend and Orlando on Memorial day weekend, driving back home on tuesday, the day before my birthday!!
Is your b-day 5/11?
Any plans for yours next Monday?
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:27 pm

Is your b-day 5/11?
Not really. Maybe go out to dinner with :tits: at a local 5/7 Greek restaurant in town.

When you've had as many as I've had, they kinda stop being a big deal.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Is your b-day 5/11?
That's Michele's birthday. I've gotta go to an all day work meeting in Detroit then, but we're throwing her a party down there with our friends we haven't seen in a while, should be a good time.

Also bringing the boat back with us now that it looks like the threat of freezing is gone. Docks are going in, boating season is upon us :megusta: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:27 pm

Not really. Maybe go out to dinner with :tits: at a local 5/7 Greek restaurant in town.

I've only had 36 of them so far and they haven't mattered to me in a decade probably. But I'm a special breed of young old man that DGAF about my birthdays, and wife has learned to just let it go by like any other day. Might go out somewhere, but :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:53 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:04 pm

I've only had 36 of them so far and they haven't mattered to me in a decade probably. But I'm a special breed of young old man that DGAF about my birthdays, and wife has learned to just let it go by like any other day. Might go out somewhere, but :iono:
Yeah I was in my late teens when I stopped GAF about my birthday.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:52 pm

Is your b-day 5/11?
That's Michele's birthday. I've gotta go to an all day work meeting in Detroit then, but we're throwing her a party down there with our friends we haven't seen in a while, should be a good time.

Also bringing the boat back with us now that it looks like the threat of freezing is gone. Docks are going in, boating season is upon us :megusta: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I was never really a big birthday person but :tits: likes to make a big deal of them so I've actually grown to enjoy it more. It doesn't hurt to be the center of attention of your friends/family for one day/year and can be a lot of fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:24 pm I was never really a big birthday person but :tits: likes to make a big deal of them so I've actually grown to enjoy it more. It doesn't hurt to be the center of attention of your friends/family for one day/year and can be a lot of fun.
I hate being the center of attention. My perfect birthday would be if everyone left me entirely by myself to go do whatever I want with no responsibilities, requirements, etc.

Parties just end up being more work and compromises to keep all the people there happy. I don't enjoy any of that, so why the hell would I want to do that for myself. :nope:

BUT, :tits: likes birthdays, so I make it happen for hers.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:52 pm

Big time. It's sunny and upper 50's here today, nicest it's been in weeks. Was outside just now and could hear some big dick boats blasting on the bay for the first time this season. :megusta:
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:37 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:59 pm
Big time. It's sunny and upper 50's here today, nicest it's been in weeks. Was outside just now and could hear some big dick boats blasting on the bay for the first time this season. :megusta:
:excited: for you!
SAWCE

Birthday’s are definitely a :tits: thing it seems. Michelle gets more excited for mine than I do, but then she gets upset that I’m not excited so I have to spend the day pretend to be happy that it’s my birthday, when all I really want is to have a normal day since I quite enjoy my life as is.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Is your b-day 5/11?
Lol noo, The thing is im usually scheduled on sunday mornings as far as weekends are concerned. Its been like that for me for the past month. However, the previous management usually emails us the schedule literally the day before sunday, so i had to make sure that hey im not gonna be there on x this to this day ahead of time. Which what the new gm appreciates btw, perks of being punctual, which i firmly believe in.

So :tits: and I wanted to go to nyc again, thats why i only have one shift as requested time off. Then i got it off from Friday PM shift to Tuesday 31st (day before my birthday, aka june 1st). :tits: a teacher and she got Tuesday off too. On Friday afternoon were driving from DC to Savannah (its only about 15-20 min off of i95, the interstate that goes from Miami to Maine/CA border), then Sat early morning there to Orlando. Driving back home on Tuesday, which is great because no memorial day traffic
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:38 pm Birthday’s are definitely a :tits: thing it seems. Michelle gets more excited for mine than I do, but then she gets upset that I’m not excited so I have to spend the day pretend to be happy that it’s my birthday, when all I really want is to have a normal day since I quite enjoy my life as is.
Yes, pretend like the rest of us
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:38 pm Birthday’s are definitely a :tits: thing it seems. Michelle gets more excited for mine than I do, but then she gets upset that I’m not excited so I have to spend the day pretend to be happy that it’s my birthday, when all I really want is to have a normal day since I quite enjoy my life as is.
:dat: I hated mine for a long time.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:dat:

Its not that i don't like my b-day, its just that I'd rather not have a big deal made about it.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:33 am

Its not that i don't like my b-day, its just that I'd rather not have a big deal made about it.
:thankyou:

It's just another damned day :whocares: treat it as such.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:09 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:33 am

:thankyou:

It's just another damned day :whocares: treat it as such.
:word:
SAWCE

Michelle feeling a little under the weather. Wanted McDonald’s last night so I went with her and got a QPC. First time at the McDonald’s up here and goddamn I know they all use the same shit but this one was so fucking good.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 am Michelle feeling a little under the weather. Wanted McDonald’s last night so I went with her and got a QPC. First time at the McDonald’s up here and goddamn I know they all use the same shit but this one was so fucking good.
I dig the QPC, there's a double-QPC available as well... :fatty:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am more of a Big Mac man myself, but I haven't had MacDoe since last summer I don't think. I'm really only interested in their breakfast, and I typically skip breakfast.

TGIalmostF. This week has been a bit :disgust: at work, so much shit to get done and kind of frustrated with management at the moment. I feel like every time I say/do anything I get a talking to from my boss about the stupidest :bs: Last week I got a talking to because I went out to lunch with this guy who took over my old position. He lives in Austin and I was out there, figured it would be cool as he's never met anyone on our overall team plus I trained him as he took over my old territory/role. Apparently he has sucked as far as productivity and 'doesn't deserve to go out to lunch' and I 'told him that he doesn't have to do anything' when I trained him, which is why he now sucks. I thought I was doing a good thing for boosting morale/team building (still think I was) and got torn apart for it... Just yesterday I suggested/asked our event team if we could get magnetic nametags for an upcoming trade show next month and bossbro sent me a sidebar email saying I need to 'run ideas like that by him' before throwing them at the event team. :wtf: it's name tags...

I suppose there will always be plenty to bitch about in any job. I generally like this role and this bossbro has really moved me up the pay ladder in a significant way, but I feel like I'm in this constant drama fuckfest triangle between him, the lady who manages the team I used to be on, and myself.

This weekend I'm going to Chattanooga for a big bike race in the hills/along the river with Allison, my best buddy/roommate from college, and his wife (who also went to college with us). They live in CT so pretty stoked to see them and do bike shit.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

0/10 on the drama triangle.
SAWCE

Tar wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:07 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 am Michelle feeling a little under the weather. Wanted McDonald’s last night so I went with her and got a QPC. First time at the McDonald’s up here and goddamn I know they all use the same shit but this one was so fucking good.
I dig the QPC, there's a double-QPC available as well... :fatty:
Double-QPC is also great, but sometimes I like the ratio of the single’s meat/cheese/bread a little better
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:08 am 0/10 on the drama triangle.
:dat: :wtf:

The lady is like 55 years old at least and she is like a middle school girl talking about everyone behind their backs and whatnot. :ohwell:

I will just :stfu: from here on out and try to avoid talking to these people as much as I can.