OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 am
I think it should be ILLEGAL to stop in the road for a drive-thru. It's never REQUIRED to stop, just go to the next place. I've seen plenty of accidents happen outside of a Starbucks in Detroit that ALWAYS had people stopping in the right lane of Woodward with 55mph traffic. Complete idiots, and they should be ticketed for stopping.

Also here, there is no indoor dining options for fast food. I think it's staffing issues preventing the indoor area from opening, but it's literally just drive thru here. Which means pretty long waits most of the time, and then if the food comes out garbage, you have little to no recourse because the indoor area of the restaurant is locked.

So I just avoid it all. If I want a quick and easy meal, I'll stop in a sandwich place.
100% :dat: It is legit dangerous and stupid. Also, I'm with :sawce: ... the food is pretty good but it's nothing special, it really doesn't warrant waiting 30 minutes and risking causing a car crash. Nor does Sbux :lolol:

The other odd thing to me is you can typically park at these places, walk in, and be served in five minutes... but god forbid you have to walk 0.05 miles to get your 1400 calorie meal of fried food.
Well, not really. The Sbux I was referencing earlier has the drive thru line go through the parking lot. So there's no way to just pull in, park, and walk inside. This is the case at most FF places around me. A few newer ones have better drive thru traffic management, but they're rare.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:01 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:40 am
:dat: :aintcare: World is rotten, what else is new.
what a time to be alive, when civil discourse is dead along with critical thinking.
It doesn't matter. I'm just sick of the constant doom and gloom and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm too old to believe that I can make a difference anymore. Head in the sand approach is the best for my mental health.

For the record, I'm not on a side. I think the entire system is trash and needs to be treated as such.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:14 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:01 am

what a time to be alive, when civil discourse is dead along with critical thinking.
It doesn't matter. I'm just sick of the constant doom and gloom and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm too old to believe that I can make a difference anymore. Head in the sand approach is the best for my mental health.

For the record, I'm not on a side. I think the entire system is trash and needs to be treated as such.
Thats fair one some level, and I agree that things are very very broken. To that point we the people need to ensure that an absolute crime against humanity like what happened with the covid regime shall not happen again.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:38 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:27 am Chick Fil A is a mess here too. Always an enormous lineup of cars in the roadway or clogging neighboring parking lots. But then again I do not go to fast food places much anymore unless I want fries for some reason. I can't imagine living in such a manner that an outing to Chick Fil A is worth an hour wait.
The first one in Northern MI opened last month, and it made the news for a week straight. The county sheriff had to go direct traffic outside the location to prevent accidents.

IT'S NOT THAT GREAT but when you live in Trump land, hateful chicken sandwiches are the 2nd coming.

Our neighbors had never been to a Chick Fil A before, and they were passing by on a Tuesday at 3pm and found the drive thru empty. They tried it and were perplexed why people were so jazzed on it. "KFC is way better" they said.
I mean fried chicken is pretty hard to mess up. Popeyes makes mean chicken too.

Hateful sandwiches lol. Yeah. I mean I like their fries. But fries are good everywhere too so whatever.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:06 am
Tar wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:01 am

:macdoe: nuggs are good with the dipping :sawce: , but on their own they're fk nasty :D
I mean, its an edible, cheap, quick meal that tastes ok. Thats what i want from fast food. 5 bucks for 10 nuggs at mcdoe, 50 for $10 at wendys, and like 3 with a coupon at the kings with a coupon. OR wait 20 minutes for a nearly 10 dollar 8 nug meal that is sometimes literly dripping with trans fat.

I admit i am soured on the jesus chicken from my college experice. the food options on my side of campus at uno were a shit 'convenience store' , pizza hut, and chic-fl-a. And the chick fla suckeeeeeddddd, the nugs were always literly dripping with grease, it was disgusting. I only got them once but had to watch others choke that shit down for 2 semesters. :gag:
Yeah, I can say that I do enjoy eating the McDick nuggs occasionally, I pair a few with a Quarter Pounder when the kids are on me about getting some as a treat. The sauces make them WAY better then they are, I get the Hot Mustard err time.
Last edited by Tar on Tue May 03, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:30 am
The first one in Northern MI opened last month, and it made the news for a week straight. The county sheriff had to go direct traffic outside the location to prevent accidents.

IT'S NOT THAT GREAT but when you live in Trump land, hateful chicken sandwiches are the 2nd coming.

Our neighbors had never been to a Chick Fil A before, and they were passing by on a Tuesday at 3pm and found the drive thru empty. They tried it and were perplexed why people were so jazzed on it. "KFC is way better" they said.
I mean fried chicken is pretty hard to mess up. Popeyes makes mean chicken too.

Hateful sandwiches lol. Yeah. I mean I like their fries. But fries are good everywhere too so whatever.
Well, my one Wendy's experience where the fried chicken more resembled a fried used dish sponge was certainly a miss (something I didn't realize how bad it could get). I used to really enjoy Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches, but that's dead now.

I've heard about Popeyes, but in Michigan, they're only deep in the urban landscape behind bulletproof glass with real carjacking risk, so I've never tried. Popeyes don't exist in more rural areas.

According to our neighbors, KFC makes a chicken sandwich now that's apparently rather decent.
Johnny_P

What’s the other place… Bojangles I think? Also solid.

Around me the ones in the hood are Crown Fried Chicken. Also slammin.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:00 pm What’s the other place… Bojangles I think? Also solid.

Yep, that is the local one started in Charlotte. It's pretty good, kind of over hyped here as it's our local thing.

I find McDonald's chicken nuggets to be fucking horrid, only edible if drenched in sauce.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:04 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:00 pm What’s the other place… Bojangles I think? Also solid.

Yep, that is the local one started in Charlotte. It's pretty good, kind of over hyped here as it's our local thing.

I find McDonald's chicken nuggets to be fucking horrid, only edible if drenched in sauce.
The last time I had McDoe nugs was when they changed the "recepie" to be "100% real chicken" or whatever maybe 10 years ago? :notsure: what it was before, but from what I recall, they were similar to my Wendy's experience. Little sponges encased in a shell of fried...something. Bleh.
Johnny_P

Macdoe outside of French fries is fucking awful all around
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:15 pm

Macdoe outside of French fries is fucking awful all around
I enjoy the breakfast.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:10 pm

The last time I had McDoe nugs was when they changed the "recepie" to be "100% real chicken" or whatever maybe 10 years ago? :notsure: what it was before, but from what I recall, they were similar to my Wendy's experience. Little sponges encased in a shell of fried...something. Bleh.

Next time if ever you're in SF... this place makes amazing fried chicken sandos.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bird-san-f ... +sandwhich
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Bojangles can :jizz: on my face and I'd say thank you sir may I have another. I've gone full Carolina I love that shit.

I used to go to PDQ but they're dead to me since they got rid of Tots and the pimento bacon chicken sandwich. Best milkshakes in the world though.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:10 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:42 pm Gonna Drop $13,494.00 on a new HVAC system tomorrow. Old one started having enough issues that entering a new summer season with a sketch A/C was not an acceptable option. We tried the "Nest" with the old one and it simply did not work for the heat, had to switch back to conventional thermostat.

Truth be told dual inverter compressors, and having dudes to through a small hole into your hot attic and remove the heater/air handler/ A/C coil and install an entirely new system for that amount seems kind of :notbad: to me. 10 year warranty on errthang.

It's not like I could do it myself.
How old is the existing system?

Yay house shit. I just paid $1500 to re point the entire front of our house due to a water leak, still have to fix the water damage inside.
15 years. A decent run.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:10 pm

Next time if ever you're in SF... this place makes amazing fried chicken sandos.

Reminds me of a place we got lunch during our client meetings in DC last month...Wooboi

https://www.wooboichicken.com/

Best chicken sandwich I've ever had. :mindblown: good. When stuff like this exists, fast food is :butwhy:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Made the wife and I a chicken caesar wrap with the left-over chicken from Sunday. Fresh salad :doe: It's actually pretty 5/7 and a really easy thing to slap together.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

The nuggies from mcdoe seems to be overpriced imo, they can be a little crispy I'd give em that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Reminds me of a place we got lunch during our client meetings in DC last month...Wooboi

Best chicken sandwich I've ever had. :mindblown: good. When stuff like this exists, fast food is :butwhy:
I may consider stopping by there at one point, bit of a drive for me solely for food :doe:

Hangry chicken, bonchon is also pretty good too. Hangry may have good quality and texture, but bit on the pricier side. Nando peri peri is fantastic, even though its african oriented.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I had their curly fries one time down in Fredericksburg. but our nearest one is probably Maryland Prince Georges County, aka :mahtroy: county.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:02 am

I'm not really a KFC man... :lolol: but I agree with their point.

My opinion of the fast food chicken hierarchy:

Rasin' Canes > Zaxby's > Chic-Fil-A > Bojangles = Popeyes > KFC

That said, Chic-Fil-A would likely be last on my list to actually go to, because fuck that.
We pretty much have popeyes, kfc and chik fil a and I can see why the lines are so damn long, that alone turns it off for me. Their breakfast is :notbad: :doe: Popeyes do make hell of a lot better chicken sandwich than chic fil a handsdown, but it seems to be slept on underrated for most of the people in my neck of the woods.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Guys I am just soooo fucking exhaustedddd. From some people too, some especially in the hotel, wasting my fucking time. But hey im getting paid, so :aintcare:

I haven't even been to the gym for almost a week now too.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Spot on!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

That said, Chic-Fil-A would likely be last on my list to actually go to, because fuck that.
Canes is so good. Try PDQ if you're in the Concord area. You won't be disappointed.

Actually you've probably had it in Florida so w/e
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:12 pm

I may consider stopping by there at one point, bit of a drive for me solely for food :doe:

Hangry chicken, bonchon is also pretty good too. Hangry may have good quality and texture, but bit on the pricier side. Nando peri peri is fantastic, even though its african oriented.
If you're in the area and want a dank chicken sandwich, this is the spot. Truly incredible.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Canes is so good. Try PDQ if you're in the Concord area. You won't be disappointed.

Actually you've probably had it in Florida so w/e
There was a PDQ in Cornelius back when I lived there briefly. It was indeed quite tasty. It was orginally called 'Tenders' (Tendies) and then was acquired by PDQ or something, was good under both names.